PDA

View Full Version : Quake 3 port? The Badge 3 movie: how awesome it might be...

Be3f
June 27th, 2006, 18:03
There is the heavy problem with porting Q3 on PSP - the poor 24Mb avaluable RAM (while Q3Engine needs 20 simply to launch...)
But, such port is possible, if some part of the code is rewtritten! (Take a look at DreamCast Q3 port!)

I've converted The Badge 3 Q3 movie to PMP format. Here's the ReadMe:

Subject: The Badge v.3 for Sony PSP

Autors: Movie - jannis kloffel, sascha kloffel, maik sommerfeld, danny elfman (music)
PSP reliese (converting, packing, this ReadMe =)) - ~>BEEF>}3@T3R]~ (aka Be3f on some furums)

About: The Quake III Arena fragging movie with amazing dinamic FX. It represents how Awesome and Fun Quake III Arena port might be on PSP... [roll] So, PSP-coders-Q3Fans Wanted for some great job! =)
PMP bitrate - 1024Kb/s Video, Two Pass & 128Kb/s Audio. Great quality & no lags =)

Instalation: Requers PMP MOD v.1.02 (included in this arhive). Install player and put The_Badge_v3.0.pmp into PSP/VIDEO dir on yor MS DUO. Start PMP MOD aplication on your PSP 1.5 and select The_Badge_v3.0.pmp
If your PSP has non 1.50 firmware, or you wanna use the last version of PMP MOD (I still prefer the 1.02 one!) - you can simply remux the movie from 1.xx to 2.xx version, using pmp remixer (included in this arhive)
You can also use both 1.02 & 2.01+ PMP MODs on PSP 1.5 (as I do), if you first install one and tan rename it with PSP-PGO Game Organazer App.

Greetings from Be3f: Id Software for the Godlike games and All Id-games fans & Quake-Community ;)
All PSP Community, especially PSP-Coders for their PUMPing, originally very specialized Device! ;)
DCEmu - the emulation Planet, PS2DEV forum, PSP-HACKS.com & pspupdates.qj.net... Everyone - GL! ;)

Download The Badge v.3 for PSP here (http://www.ftp.nu/files/4545/)

Gizmo356
June 27th, 2006, 18:07
awerome man