PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Artist free until... Well whenever!

01cooperl
June 27th, 2006, 19:16
As I have finished my studies and my art exams. I will have alot of time on my hands.

So I am willing to lend a professional hand to anyone who wishes to have backgrounds, home-screens and the like for PSP games, emu's... anything related to psp!

So gimme a post for some artwork and we can go into more depth of your requirements...

It'll also keep me in tune throughout this period.

I will be going on holiday on August 1st for 3 weeks. So unfortunately i will be unavailable to produce art in those weeks

Hopefully i will get some replies, not too many though!! :p

Here is a PS2 game cover I created named "BHP revolutions" for one of my art projects. (Sorry abouts the red marks, I want to be safe rather than sorry)http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g71/01cooperl/cover.jpg

EDIT: I have now decided I will be continuing my services to the psp scene and I will be more than happy to help any projects. I am going on holiday between 1st-23rd August and will be unavailable but after that... fire away!

Please feel free to post requests ready for when I get back. :D

acn010
June 27th, 2006, 19:20
thats nice.
what version of photoshop you got

01cooperl
June 27th, 2006, 20:11
I'm using Photoshop CS2

acn010
June 27th, 2006, 20:18
how many years of experience youved been working with photoshop
you know, on the pic: you should had covered it with black all the way

N1ghtshade
June 27th, 2006, 20:29
Could you make some backgrounds for my portal? I've been using paint for artwork...sad I know. Iwant to have some better artwork for my 2.0 release. Like different themes and stuff. I want to keep it Firefox-centric. If this is your speed, any graphical help would definately be appreciated!

Portal download:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27569

DPyro
June 28th, 2006, 02:13
You can make me a sig for practice :D

PSPdemon
June 28th, 2006, 02:43
...lol...

01cooperl
June 28th, 2006, 09:34
$n!pR:

If you give me a theme, a few images you may wanna throw in...

N1ightshade:

I will have a look at this portal now to get a understanding of what's required. Around how many backgrounds will you need?

01cooperl
June 28th, 2006, 09:38
well, when I did the pic...

I must of had around 2 years of experience on Photoshop. But I already had more experience on Macromedia Fireworks.

As I teach myself mostly everything, it was slow experience when I began to use it, but now I use the program 90% of the time and use Fireworks if there is a feature on that i wish to implement that isn't on photoshop or i do not know about yet.

01cooperl
June 28th, 2006, 09:43
Ok, so as I understand it N1ightshade...

This is a .html modified for the psp for easier web surfing?

and also would you like for me to create say, one background them adjust it for headings etc

EDIT: I have looked at that colour inverted background image... I will create some backgrounds anyway and see if its ok. as you offline and i'm bored :p

N1ghtshade
June 28th, 2006, 16:50
thanks. I probably only need 3-4. Or 1 I can use several times. But because they are backgrounds, I have be able to read black or white text on it.

D0N
June 28th, 2006, 16:58
Hey there 01cooperl! I know you might not want to but could you possibly design me a logo for my site? I really need one and the one i have got is putting the site down. I want it to say PSP-Online and underneath to say: For All Your PSP Needs and it has a white PSP in it aswel. Dimensions 300x110 pixels please. Could you design it for me please? It would be a lot of help and i would be greatful if you could design it for me.

01cooperl
June 28th, 2006, 22:24
Sure thing dawd...

Just please don't expect a quick response because I live in the uk which kinda messes up things for people in the USA because of the extreme time differences. I will try to produce something tomorrow, bearing in mind the actual design can be jigged around a bit and tweaked.

Oh and I hope you don't mind me asking but can I include a small caption that says something like "created by..." just if I want to show it to say a job interview etc.

Thanks for the reply dawd.

D0N
June 29th, 2006, 16:00
Yeah no problem u cay write "created by..." Thanks for this :)

jman420
June 29th, 2006, 21:02
Well hey Cooper, I would like to ask, why does your name have the word Cooper, but your avatar is of a Honda S2000? Shouldnt it be a Mini Cooper? :p

And I would like to ask, would you want to work with me on my "Generic Survival Horror clone #1" project? Its going to be a remake (clone) of Resident Evil 2. (originaly released for PS1 in 1998) Its all going to be modeled in 3D with staticly rendered environments. (much like Resident Evil 4 for gamecube(or PS2))

If your interested, we have need for a lot of 2D art (including a splash screen, and options screen, as well as the map and item scerens. I dont know if this is the kind of thing that you work on in Pototshop? But it would be somthing to do for a while. :D

If your interested, PM me or visit my development thread (at the top of this PSP development forum.(its a sticky)) Or you can contact me Via MSN, AIM, or Yahoo.

01cooperl
June 29th, 2006, 22:16
Well, that image is taken from the CD print of the "BHP Revolutions" game. And I have been in an S2000 before and recall the raw speed.

Maybe i'll change it someday :)

Crimson_Lotus
June 30th, 2006, 01:05
Make me a Bear sitting on a Pizza that lives in a house made out of jelly with a gumdrop T.V and a fridgerator made out of solid gold. :)

01cooperl
June 30th, 2006, 20:49
ummm, sounds interestingly cool Crimson_Lotus.

I have currently other projects on the edge of completion so 'bear' with me and I soon produce something in the commensing weeks.

lmtlmt
July 3rd, 2006, 07:34
could you make me a cover for my psp digital mag the dimensions are 480x272 the title should say psp planet. you help would be much appreciated . thanks in advance. please make it a gif or jpeg

acn010
July 3rd, 2006, 08:24
isn't it better on png file to presserve the image quality?

Crimson_Lotus
July 3rd, 2006, 08:58
isn't it better on png file to presserve the image quality?

Png's are you largest in size also, a jpeg and gif can be compressed and still share high quality. Jpeg's especially. Gif's often take more quality away.

Example:

Jpeg: 21k
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/9723/test12ni.jpg

Gif: 28k
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/6592/test22my.gif

Png:82k
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/2629/test33vw.png

01cooperl
July 3rd, 2006, 09:52
lmtlmt: Thats no problem but if its a digital magazine cover. Do you want anything else like to say whats in the mag or a flash front page to be used for every issue?

lmtlmt
July 4th, 2006, 08:59
just say . news, reviews, screens and cheats psp and ps3

lmtlmt
July 4th, 2006, 09:01
in response to acn010 the image will not work with the magazine if it is a png or bitmap

lmtlmt
July 10th, 2006, 01:40
come on man what the hell! . you havent repied to this thread for like a week whqats up wuth that

01cooperl
July 10th, 2006, 18:35
hey lmtlmt.

I'm sorry that I haven't been in touch but the last week was VERY tight for free time on this. And I am finishing working on a website logo and you are next in line. I am legit I have already finished one project "foxglove" talk to N1ightshade.

When I finish it I will email you. You don't have to worry whether I will do it because I will.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

01cooperl :)

lmtlmt
July 11th, 2006, 09:53
no worries thats cool

N1ghtshade
July 11th, 2006, 21:46
hes good...but I can't seem to get foxglove in the news...what a drag

01cooperl
July 14th, 2006, 10:10
Have you put it in the news section if the forum...

Or PM wraggster about it..

And lmtlmt hang fire, I have just drawn my previous project to a slow close as I have also been doing an xbox hardware project this week.

I will hopefully get the majority done by the end of monday. I'm sorry that it isn't all quick but I have many other things on the go and I'm offering my skills for free to anyone that wants them.

All is cool! :p

N1ghtshade
July 15th, 2006, 03:53
I did both. Oh well. The light theme doesn't seem to be working anyway. I'll re-release it when its fixed

Nasty Nate
July 16th, 2006, 01:18
hey, could you make me a new sig, stay with the stewie theme, but make it look better with a good background and stuff, and make the flashlight maore real

thx
nasty

dalejrrocks
July 17th, 2006, 17:26
if you are interested, you can make some 2d backgrounds, sprites. PM me if you're interested.

01cooperl
July 19th, 2006, 19:24
nasty nate: Sure, i have other projects on the go but i'll do my best to get it done for you

dalejrrocks: Sure, just wanna get some more info, i'll PM you.

Nasty Nate
July 24th, 2006, 20:25
just pm me when u get done thanx
nasty

01cooperl
July 31st, 2006, 00:14
EDIT: I have now decided I will be continuing my services to the psp scene and I will be more than happy to help any projects. I am going on holiday between 1st-23rd August and will be unavailable but after that... fire away!

Please feel free to post requests ready for when I get back.

jman420
July 31st, 2006, 02:58
I would like to ask if you would still be interested in assisting with my Generic Survival Horror Clone project, but your previous post confuses me.. your on holiday from day after tomorow, till the 23rd, and you will not be able to do anything after the 23rd, so when is the time frame that you can do somthing? while your on holiday? it was just confusing..

anyway! if you would still like to help me, PM me and I'll tell you what I will eventualy need 2D art wise :D

Thanks!
Jman420

dtothabreezy
July 31st, 2006, 05:27
can you make me a sig plz i fill lonyley wit out one

01cooperl
July 31st, 2006, 22:31
dont you already have one made my Crimson_lotus?

Crimson_Lotus
August 1st, 2006, 00:16
dont you already have one made my Crimson_lotus?

He posted before I made it... ;)

dtothabreezy
August 1st, 2006, 02:49
thx crimson

lmtlmt
August 6th, 2006, 09:40
crimson your on for once, i have a level 10 warning now too

lmtlmt
August 18th, 2006, 10:47
my warning got taken off

01cooperl
August 23rd, 2006, 21:23
hi all, just to let you know I am bk from my holidays but my computer is yet to be delivered to my house from repair work. I will keep everyone posted when i am fully available. Please note that as with many people in the psp community, this is done in my spare time so have patience. :)

Nasty Nate
August 24th, 2006, 03:21
AUGGGHHHH!!!!! whats taken so long jk

hope it looks good
\\//

lmtlmt
August 27th, 2006, 09:09
oh yeah

01cooperl
August 30th, 2006, 20:40
please hang fire.

Nasty nate, i haven't started yours. As i have been on holiday for 3 weeks previously and to come back to a broken pc wont get me anywhere. my current project was a logo for Dawg.

I am buying a desktop and laptop so which ever i can get my hands on first and set up properly. Then i will be able to continue my work. Its annoying for me as well as for u guys! :(

M!ckeY
August 31st, 2006, 03:50
i was wondering if you couyld make me a sig that has an apple in it and that it has the word apple in it as well.

i hope it isn't too much to ask for

lmtlmt
September 2nd, 2006, 00:24
hold on nasty nate I asked before you

ninja9393
September 2nd, 2006, 16:35
i like ur my heroes sig motoko

M!ckeY
September 3rd, 2006, 00:16
thanks ninja, but i fear it's growing at an amzingly fast rate :D

lmtlmt
October 4th, 2006, 06:39