PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Full Kernal Access for 2.5/2.6 users Via New exploit

Kaiser
June 27th, 2006, 23:10
Break out your calendars folks, because this may be a day that you want to mark as a pivotal day in the history of PSP homebrew. A developer known as hitchhikr of "hitchhikr SoftWorks" and with coder companion Neural has come out with a Proof of Concept of a 2.50/2.60 Firmware Exploit! Once implemented and fine tuned for "normal user" use, this will bring 2.50 and 2.60 Firmware up to the same homebrew capability that 1.50 PSP owners enjoy with FULL kernel mode access - although Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories will still be required, just like with eLoader.

Speaking of eLoader, Fanjita is already working with hitchhikr on incorporating this new exploit into an easily executable means via eLoader. After a brief chat with Fanjita, he's told us that you can expect some generic application for developers to hopefully be released in the next 24 hours. It will take a bit longer before something useable for non-devs will be released.

The exploit takes advantage of an added security check in 2.50/2.60 Firmware for sceKernelLoadExec, which is responsible for loading EBOOTs, but also accidentally added an overflow bug, which means this exploit will not work with 2.0 and 2.01 Firmware.

Below you will find a download of hitchhikr's & Neural's Proof of Concept - this is not intended for the casual user. It created dump files containing kernel memory dumps in the root of the memstick (boot.bin, kmem.bin, klib.bin). It also creates writeaccess.bin which contains just the hex (12 34 56 78) to prove that kmem CAN be written to.

But don't start upgrading those PSP's yet until a viable means of implementation is released! Also, this breakthrough is not on a path to a downgrader, at least that does not seem like an option at this moment.

Seems like an interesting development, stay glued to your computer screens for more news as it comes in throughout the day.

OFFICIAL SITE (http://perso.orange.fr/franck.charlet/)

Via PSPU (http://pspupdates.qj.net/)

Download and Discuss Via Comments

kcc86
June 27th, 2006, 23:13
wow... and to think i was getting ready to update to 2.7 yesterday...

June 27th, 2006, 23:17
if we have acces to kernel why would we still need GTA?

Kaiser
June 27th, 2006, 23:20
if we have acces to kernel why would we still need GTA?

GTA is still the only way to sneak in unsigned code. I'm assuming this is where the exploit comes in which unlocks the door to full kernal access.

iamtheonetruejebus
June 27th, 2006, 23:22
how does this work
do i put the eboot file
where the 97 bock eloader eboot is located

Chackan
June 27th, 2006, 23:23
Too good to be truelol :S

tophead420
June 27th, 2006, 23:23
O M F G did this mofo say kernal mode on 2.5 n 2.6 noway this PWNZ so i dint need to get a 1.5 psp cool well if him and fanjita are teaning up this will be gr8 bc of fanjita and ditlews work on eloader o this is like the second gr8est day n homebrew for use 2.6ers and ooo yea if thers kernal access then your not to far from hearing news of a downgrader for 2.6 lmao jkjkjk i doubt thatll day will ever come:p

yo kiaser pm me if you dont mind bc id like to know how to set this up on my psp id like to give it a try :D

Kramer
June 27th, 2006, 23:26
This is the best news in a long time this a great week for homebrew first gba then this and soon deadulas r6:D .
this is freakin sweet

too bad for all the people that preorded the modchip thats why i didnt preorder i knew there would be a new exploit eventually i didnt think it would be this soon though

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 27th, 2006, 23:26
HOLY MACARONI BATMAN!!! :eek:

Eeeps good news! Yay! We win again! :D

Moning2
June 27th, 2006, 23:27
O M F G did this mofo say kernal mode on 2.5 n 2.6 noway this PWNZ so i dint need to get a 1.5 psp cool well if him and fanjita are teaning up this will be gr8 bc of fanjita and ditlews work on eloader o this is like the second gr8est day n homebrew for use 2.6ers and ooo yea if thers kernal access then your not to far from hearing news of a downgrader for 2.6 lmao jkjkjk i doubt thatll day will ever come:p

so you must be... 11 years old ?

Gizmo356
June 27th, 2006, 23:30
this is almost better than boobies

tophead420
June 27th, 2006, 23:30
uhhhhhhhhhhhh no try 19 smarta** and wtf give you that idea LMFAO retards and dont leave a post unless youv got sumtin to say about the topic of dicussin:rolleyes:

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
June 27th, 2006, 23:33
HOLY MACARONI BATMAN!!! :eek:

Eeeps good news! Yay! We win again! :D
we are the champions sony are the losers!! ^^

LAMPRO
June 27th, 2006, 23:37
will i upgrade?

Prolly not. NO.

Malksta
June 27th, 2006, 23:39
Nooooooooooooooooo, i upgraded my brothers psp...
slap me please :(

BL4Z3D247
June 27th, 2006, 23:39
this is awesome news, can't wait for this!!!...finally!!! :D

Gizmo356
June 27th, 2006, 23:41

hey man whats wrong with you when your b***s grow some hair and hang you can make dumb comments like that anyways cant wait for the new e loader

nyrtrublue
June 27th, 2006, 23:43
i dont see a point to upgrading yet
if you have a 1.5 i think it is better just to use devhook

nyrtrublue
June 27th, 2006, 23:44
how many posts do i need before i can lose the newbie tittle i cant code but im not a damn noob

Nasty Nate
June 27th, 2006, 23:45
OHHHHH MANNNNN looks like a storms a brewin'

but this is so AWESOME!
ive been waiting to get radio and the remote forever

thank you hitchhikr you are my hero

Kaiser
June 27th, 2006, 23:48
Stop flaming each other people and start basking in the glory of this wonderful news.

how many posts do i need before i can lose the newbie tittle i cant code but im not a damn noob

100, not that it matters.

Voltron
June 27th, 2006, 23:49
Excellent, truly excellent.

Although I have a 1.50 PSP and enjoy all its abilities as well as 2.50 firmware thanks to DevHook, this is very good news for 2.01+ PSP owners.

And to see that Fanjita is involved. That spells out a recipe for success & happiness.

I love it, Sony puts forth all these security measures to FORCE upgrades and lock out homebrew, but it just creates more exploits.

::ALERT:: ::ALERT:: ::ALERT::

This will no doubt cause hundreds, and maybe thousands to need to rush out to get a copy of GTA: LCS. Warning to those, a NEW GTA version has been released that BLOCKS the exploit that will no doubt be needed. You will need the older, original GTA game. I have it and below I will give the SKU # and UMD serial so that you can go to the store and hunt for it. OR find one on eBay. Here goes:

SKU # (numbers under barcode) -

UMD Serial:
ULUS10041

If you find this version, you are good to go. Also, the Europe release of the game may work as well. And the initial Europe release of this game has a UMD Serial as follows:

EUROPE GTA LCS Serial:
ULES00151

I'm pretty sure the NEW version with the Exploit patch will have a different Serial & SKU. So ask the store clerk to go through ALL of their copies of GTA to find the treasured exploitable one using the info I posted above as a guide.

FYI if you want to know where to find the UMD Serial, look on the side binding of the game case under the controller icon.

Hope this info helps those new to the PSP & homebrew realize the greatness we have all come to know and love.

Gizmo356
June 27th, 2006, 23:50

go to user cp than go to the left side at the bottom and choose group membership and pick a group

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 27th, 2006, 23:51

'Sniger' :D

Let him have this one... It IS pretty exciting :p

Besides, I'LL be bouncing round like a lil kid all day long with this news!

Emeriastone
June 27th, 2006, 23:57
Hip-Hip Hooray!

Nasty Nate
June 28th, 2006, 00:01
anybody get it working yet?

this is goin to be awesome!

mog
June 28th, 2006, 00:04
Hmm... It shouldn't be too long before people start creating more downgraders again lol :D

Even though I wouldn't abandon 1.00 for anything, I have thought of something interesting I might do...

With 0okm's Diehard Firmware 1.00 Backup & Restore program it should be posible to go from fw 1.00 to ANY firmware up to 2.60, and still be able to restore 1.00 again!
(It won't work with current program, but could if 0okm modifies it)

If you are on firmware 1.5, you might not want to upgrade just yet...
For people that haven't upgraded yet and are on fw 1.50, they should back up their flash first!
If for any reason you might want to return to 1.5, it should be possible! :cool:

If kernel mode can be accessed, and flash can be written/read then it should be possible to backup: 1.00, 1.50, 2.50 & 2.60.
If so, the following should also be possible:

1. Backup fw 1.00/1.50
2. Upgrade to whatever firmware you want (up to 2.60)
3. Upgrade to either 2.50 or 2.60
4. Run the restore program to go back to fw 1.00/1.50!

This will not work yet (especially if this exploit is fake of course), but it should be easy for 0okm to change his program to do that. ;)
Or someone else should be able to create a program to do that.

gavind
June 28th, 2006, 00:06
great news to see that homebrew will become available to people with newer firmwares,

1.5 users still have no reason to upgrade tho even if all homebrew becomes available, many ppl have already sed that DEVHOOK is a great application that emulates the newer firmwares to use all the PSP features.

2.6 users, if they do have full kernal access wud that mean that the version changer app cud once again fool the psp into thinking its a 1.00, i know its probably not likely but if a similar app was created and cud fool the PSP then wudnt u have your downgrader?

hehe my biggest post ever

tophead420
June 28th, 2006, 00:09
no i havnt tried to get this to work becuz i dont really well i dont know how to set this up if ne1 does get it workn PM and fill me in on this gr8 achievment in psp homebrew lol

LC_killer
June 28th, 2006, 00:13
Hell yea. i cant wait. I knew there was a reason not to past 2.6

idapimp
June 28th, 2006, 00:14
wohooooo. awesome day. i almost pitched a tent in my pants over this.

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 28th, 2006, 00:15
Hell yea. i cant wait. I knew there was a reason not to past 2.6

Yer, Edison Carter said not too, so we listened :p

El Payo
June 28th, 2006, 00:19
I wonder how long it will be before 2.7 shows its holes? Oh well, modchip on the way, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

slaphappygamer
June 28th, 2006, 00:19
i can hear the sales on the undiluted modchip come to a screetching halt.

tophead420
June 28th, 2006, 00:22
Stop flaming each other people and start basking in the glory of this wonderful news.

lol he started it and im basking till i cant bask no morw lmao im still in shock that 2.6 will have access to kernal mode so this means if this does infact work this does mean emus will run a bit faster and work alil better on 2.5 and 2.6 right

dtothabreezy
June 28th, 2006, 00:29
i dont understand how u use this but i guess ill wait for fanjita to release his update my god u pepole jus saved me from buyin a 1.5 thank u

LC_killer
June 28th, 2006, 00:31
i dont understand how u use this but i guess ill wait for fanjita to release his update my god u pepole jus saved me from buyin a 1.5 thank u
i was thinking of buying a pre mod. but now this saved me, aswell

ryan_rocks29
June 28th, 2006, 00:32
THANKYOU HITCHHIKR!! You are my new God!!!!!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 28th, 2006, 00:36
LMAO tonight I go to sleep a happy man.:> 2 fingers thrust in $ony' face yet again.

Nasty Nate
June 28th, 2006, 00:38
i didnt see this at the fanjita site, why does it show up here (rubs chin)

could this be fake?

BALL_SAC
June 28th, 2006, 00:40
YEAHHHH!!!!!!!... ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEBODY CRACKED THE KERNAL!!!!

This is awesome, and Im going to download it right now. Whoever made this... You are now my favorite coder!

DPyro
June 28th, 2006, 00:41
Hmm... It shouldn't be too long before people start creating more downgraders again lol :D

Even though I wouldn't abandon 1.00 for anything, I have thought of something interesting I might do...

With 0okm's Diehard Firmware 1.00 Backup & Restore program it should be posible to go from fw 1.00 to ANY firmware up to 2.60, and still be able to restore 1.00 again!

For people that haven't upgraded yet and are on fw 1.50, they should back up their flash first!
If for any reason you might want to return to 1.5, it should be possible! :cool:

If kernel mode can be accessed, and flash can be written/read then it should be possible to backup: 1.00, 1.50, 2.50 & 2.60.

1. Backup fw 1.00/1.50

This will not work yet (especially if this exploit is fake of course), but it should be easy for 0okm to change his program to do that. ;)
Hey, good point :p

acn010
June 28th, 2006, 00:42
i didnt see this at the fanjita site, why does it show up here (rubs chin)

could this be fake?

its not fake.
as it says that fanjita is gonna take out a new eloader with this feature.
so this means he doesn't have time to update his site just like that

Nasty Nate
June 28th, 2006, 00:45
o, i get it now

SWEET

tophead420
June 28th, 2006, 00:46
has ne1 tryed this yet if so fill me in bc i wanna kno how to install it b4 i try it so if ne does try plzz tell me lol

BALL_SAC
June 28th, 2006, 00:47
....... How do you get this to work?

There are no read me's, so I assume you just stick the eboot under the folder 2.6 exploit into the game folder.

Can someone verify this?

mog
June 28th, 2006, 00:48
1.5 users still have no reason to upgrade tho even if all homebrew becomes available, many ppl have already sed that DEVHOOK is a great application that emulates the newer firmwares to use all the PSP features.
But we don't know how well the new exploit works...
Can 1.5 play EVERY single UMD game which requires minimum fw of 2.6 or below?
Can 1.5 play all those UMD games without needing to use ISOs and without having problems saving?
Can 1.5 play those games just by putting the UMD in and turning on the PSP?
Can 1.5 use ALL the features from 2.6? Including:
- 2.6 Web Browser
- RSS
- Location Free Player
- Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese Traditional
- Audio Codecs for: WMA, MP4, WAV, ATRAC3
- Image Formats: TIFF, GIF, PNG, BMP
- Wireless Encryption: WPA-PSK (TKIP, AES)

If 1.5 does all that already, then yes -- this exploit really is useless for 1.5 users. :rolleyes:
:p

i can hear the sales on the undiluted modchip come to a screetching halt.
Heard from where?

The only reason I haven't paid for one yet is because ModChipStores rejected my payment details even though I typed them in perfectly over 5 times. :(

BALL_SAC
June 28th, 2006, 00:56
Has anyone got this to work successfully. I dont know how to do it.

Sumo X
June 28th, 2006, 01:01
This is fantastic if its true. Granted I'm at 1.5, so I already have full kernel access, at least now almost everyone (except those who willingly updated to 2.7+) can enjoy the wonders of homebrew at its fullest.

notaforumtroll
June 28th, 2006, 01:02
no i havnt tried to get this to work becuz i dont really well i dont know how to set this up if ne1 does get it workn PM and fill me in on this gr8 achievment in psp homebrew lol

Can someone please remove this guys privileges?

BALL_SAC
June 28th, 2006, 01:02
I think that I have misread, this isnt for non-devs. I think we got a little ways to wait guys ;(

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 01:03
well i have to admit i was takin bac when i saw this news this truly is a historic day in the psp homebrew community now that kernal mode is cracked alot more hombrew is avalible this is alsum when i first saw this i thought it was fake but now im a beliver this is the best news in a while along with the gba emu by zx-81 and daedalus r6 (that might be brought out soon)i have to admit im estatic about this

great work to the developers and i cant wait to see the new e-loader with kernal mode inplaments

Nasty Nate
June 28th, 2006, 01:03
oh man oh man oh man

cant wait

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 28th, 2006, 01:04
Has anyone got this to work successfully. I dont know how to do it.

Dude, at this point its for devs and coders...
Sit back, chill and wait for some kind of easy executable for the enthusiastic dummies like me :D

The scenes going nuts! hehe

Edshugeo
June 28th, 2006, 01:06
I'm excited cuz everybody else is excited, but I don't actually know what this all means. Will I (on 2.6) still have to load up GTA everytime I want to use homebrew? Or will this new exploit simply allow more and better homebrew on 2.6 than was previously allowed? Either way, it's good news.

DPyro
June 28th, 2006, 01:08
Both

ryan_rocks29
June 28th, 2006, 01:12
Dude, at this point its for devs and coders...
Sit back, chill and wait for some kind of easy executable for the enthusiastic dummies like me :D

Yes, you're right, This release is just a Proof of Concept, meaning it does not fully work but it shows us that the Kernel can be fully opened. To prove that it can, he made this so when you open it with eLoader, it creates memory dump files on the base of the memory stick.

tophead420
June 28th, 2006, 01:13
Can someone please remove this guys privileges?

dood DONT LEAVE POSTS TTHAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC:mad: and y remove my "privilages" and oo this is just for devs an coders i c now lol i really hope to see this working for all very soon

cwirsing
Here comes a new age for the psp
The ISO age.

Nasty Nate
but it said it was coming out in 24 hours right?

pimpjuice10
June 28th, 2006, 01:16
wait wait wait when is this comin out

LAMPRO
June 28th, 2006, 01:27
i think you still gotta load up gta to make the exploit work, so in essence it will bring more to wut is alredy available.. if you have 1.5 dont DONT upgrade. if you have 2.5/2.6, be happy VERY happy- some of the stuff us 1.5ers are enjoying evryday will be availble to you!!

NICE!!

Great work guys!!

dtothabreezy
June 28th, 2006, 01:34
soon as the thing comes out can us 2.6s use irshell? home brew jus made a leap to day one small step for coders one giant leap for 2.5 and 2.6s so excited:D

luis_05
June 28th, 2006, 01:35
I think u are cuz noobs dont read what the site rules are. Take a look at it then talk.

Bakc to the subject!! Oh my god!!! I crapped in my pants when I read this!! I cant believe this is happening!! I must be dreaming!! Whats the count now Sony--0 Homebrew--5 or 6? It doesnt matter with ppl like hitchhikr and Fanjita and other great hackers and coders Sony will never stop the homebrew scene!! I cant wait for the release!! LONG LIVE THE PSP!!

MikeDX
June 28th, 2006, 01:36
has ne1 tryed this yet if so fill me in bc i wanna kno how to install it b4 i try it so if ne does try plzz tell me lol

I really don't know where to start on this one..

who is "ne1" ??

how can we go back in time to fill you in "BC"

and if "ne" does try, shouldn't you have sent him a PM?

Kramer
June 28th, 2006, 01:38
whats with all the flaming towards tophead

dtothabreezy
June 28th, 2006, 01:43
bc=becuase its also becuz
ne1= any one
get it

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 28th, 2006, 01:45
The ISO age.

1. The ISO age has already come and gone.
2. Even if it is making a comeback, it's unspoken here.
3. I just found an american copy of Syphon filter DM at my local EB and got them to hold it till tomorrow (Doesn't come out for months here).
and finally...
4. ISO speak will getcha into trouble... I'm not slapping your wrist, I'm just giving you friendly advice ;)

Yay! Kernal! (<- I'd be off-topic if I didn't add that)

Kaiser
June 28th, 2006, 01:46
The ISO age.

Don't be such a pessimist. Think of the positive things that come out of kernal mode like SNES TYL with ME support.

bc=becuase its also becuz
ne1= any one
get it

Some people (like MikeDX and myself) still prefer proper english.

Chackan
June 28th, 2006, 01:46
I still think it's too good to be true lol

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 01:47
can we stop with all the flaming its discusting this is great news and all of you are just ruining it with random comments and all the flaming please stop now this is great news and i cant wait to see if all this is true this is definitly a historic moment in psp homebrew history...........and shame on the people that said this couldnt be done if you beleive anythings possible

if this is true then all 2.5-2.6 users can enjoy alot of the hombrew that we couldnt enjoy before and its all thanx to these developers work

im glad i didnt buy a mod chip as i new somthing like this was coming along as well

Kaiser
June 28th, 2006, 01:50
Agreed, no more flaming or I'll start handing out temporary bans.

Back on-topic:

Yes, this is a true story, its been confirmed by multiple people including Fanjita.

Kloe
June 28th, 2006, 01:52
this makes me very glad i upgraded to v2.6. If this gets working soon i should be able to use every single piece of homebrew i used with my 1.5 so really there's no reason for me to be sad about not having a 1.5 anymore. I get the better features and media support and pretty much all homebrew privelages. Woohoo!

V3N0M
We'll finaly be able to update to higher firmwares and bring all are full speed homebrew with us(Kernal). Well i'm not updating just yet but i think this will lead to full homebrew on higher firmwares. This is better than Dev hook.(emulate 2.5 on 1.5 psp and be able to play newer games and homebrew) Well actualy bring homebrew(Kernal) with us to 2.6. This is better than a downgrader. I'll finaly be able to go get Daxter (Requires 2.6). Well anyways this is great for future developement.

**1_Man_Matrix**
Agreed, no more flaming or I'll start handing out temporary bans.

Back on-topic:

Yes, this is a true story, its been confirmed by multiple people including Fanjita.

The only wrench that could possibly be thrown into our plans for PSP domination is if Vice City Stories required firmware 2.71 onwards... BWAHAHAHA :D

fire master
June 28th, 2006, 01:59
I downloaded it and when I tried to play SNES TYL v0.42me it does not play.Why?:(http://Nintendo.com

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 02:01
The only wrench that could possibly be thrown into our plans for PSP domination is if Vice City Stories required firmware 2.71 onwards... BWAHAHAHA :D

im sure that sony will make sure that gta patches there new game so that the "fanjita accident" as i like to think sony refers to the exploiting on higher firwares wont happen

this is asking way to much as im sure theres almost no chance of this working but if we found an expliot that didnt need gta that would be alsum but unlikly then again any things possible

kcc86
June 28th, 2006, 02:03

it's most likely that vice city stories will have 2.7 or above, especially with the new modchip out and kernal access on 2.6... sony is going to be all over this

emuking
June 28th, 2006, 02:05
b1tching! everyday i get home from work there is always good news with homebrew now, i have enough money to get a 2.6 psp and gta too, yay, or should i just get a 1.5 people, ah well, later :)

samthegreat68
June 28th, 2006, 02:06

hahaha i been on this site for a looooooong time. since the beginning almost, but i recently created a profile since looking at screenshots and some downloads require being a member. I too am certainly not a n00b, but i know i am not one so i dont care what is says.

But i dont see exactly how relevent this thing is... you still have to launch gta? i didnt know you had to in the first place. i have a 1.5 and a 2.0 and i have never used anything like this.

Chackan
June 28th, 2006, 02:19
I downloaded it and when I tried to play SNES TYL v0.42me it does not play.Why?:(http://Nintendo.com

You have to wait till an eloader using that exploit comes out. Till now you gotta use the other version os snes9xtyl

Easton999
June 28th, 2006, 02:21
Will this error or bug be in 2.71 too so that if we find an exploit we can access kernel mode

kayhanbakid
June 28th, 2006, 02:22
I think this is great news for 1.5 users as well. I don't know for sure but it seems to me that devs have been hesitant to use kernal mode because it would shut out all the 2.1+ users. The only piece of homebrew I'm familiar with that uses Kernal is SNES TYL which only uses it to emulate sound. I don't know how difficult it is to make other tasks run through Kernal as well because I am not a developer but I'm sure this will eventually aid the n64 and gba emulators that we are all salivating for. And also now the TYL team can concentrate more on developing the emulator with the time they'll save by ditching the User Mode version.

And btw, I won't be upgrading past 1.5 because it's just too easy to load homebrew on it.

Gizmo356
June 28th, 2006, 02:24
omg i cant wait for this fanjita is my second favorite coder

cartmandude14
June 28th, 2006, 02:36

But with kernel couln't you get a umd loader to load 2.7, 2.71, etc. games?

cartmandude14
June 28th, 2006, 02:38
b1tching! everyday i get home from work there is always good news with homebrew now, i have enough money to get a 2.6 psp and gta too, yay, or should i just get a 1.5 people, ah well, later :)
But buy the GTA used because the new umd is patched.

Gizmo356
June 28th, 2006, 02:54
so with 2.6 kernal mode what are the possibilities

pimpjuice10
June 28th, 2006, 02:58
so will this exploit allow bootleg isos to play on 2.50 & 2.60 psp's?

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 28th, 2006, 02:58
But with kernel couln't you get a umd loader to load 2.7, 2.71, etc. games?

Theoretically...
But history can only repeat itself so many times before Sony get super smart at this.

This is a one off, extremely lucky by the sound of it that has already been plugged in 2.70-2.71, so every time we get closer and closer to losing homebrew completely.

But never fear, we got some smart coders on our side ;)

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 28th, 2006, 03:00
so will this pexploit allow bootleg isos to play on 2.50 & 2.60 psp's?

Must... Resist... Urge... To... Flame... And... Use... Sarcasm...

Phew! :o

Misleading
June 28th, 2006, 03:03
woa. This is huge. i am in a really really good mode because of this and im getting a razer phone today.

Lets look at some advantages of this.
no more slower emulators for 2.6
ir shell
Dev hook emulating 3.0 for 2.6 users possible :D
No more only 1.5

disadvantages
Sony possible getting more tight knit about there firmware (might lower the chance to find an exploit later)
haveing to boot into gta

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 03:03
so will this pexploit allow bootleg isos to play on 2.50 & 2.60 psp's?

no ISO talk at all:eek: what do you not get about that read the rules:eek: you could get banned just mentioning iso's DONT DO IT sorry but it just gives the inpression that your trying to use the expliot for iso purposes WHICH IS WRONG:eek:

im wondering with the new kernal mode will a downgrader now be possible i dout it but maybe theres a possibility theres no piont though cause since the kernal mode is out on all fireware execpt 2.7+ then downgrading really doesnt matter

pimpjuice10
June 28th, 2006, 03:06
Must... Resist... Urge... To... Flame... And... Use... Sarcasm...

Phew! :o
a yo b stfu and answer the damn question aight

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 28th, 2006, 03:09

ksk ois a beh la gigen?

ayna oobness noobness fruggen laie!

:cool:

Gizmo356
June 28th, 2006, 03:10
hurry fanjita lol take your time cause everyone can agree that we want as few bugs as possible, preferably none

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 03:12

please dont flame we dont need this negative attitude here especailly when this great achievement is right before us we shouldnt taint this thread with all the flaming and volgur thats been used

kiaser i think its time for action:eek:

back on topic--

dalejrrocks
June 28th, 2006, 03:12
YES!!!! FINALLY SOMETHING!! WHooo! Now no more modchip or soldering for me! Thank you for discovering this! This rocks! LoL

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 28th, 2006, 03:14
please dont flame we dont need this negative attitude here especailly when this great achievement is right before us we shouldnt taint this thread with all the flaming and volgur thats been used

kiaser i think its time for action:eek:

back on topic--

Touche' :)

pimpjuice10
no ISO talk at all:eek: what do you not get about that read the rules:eek: you could get banned just mentioning iso's DONT DO IT sorry but it just gives the inpression that your trying to use the expliot for iso purposes WHICH IS WRONG:eek:

im wondering with the new kernal mode will a downgrader now be possible i dout it but maybe theres a possibility theres no piont though cause since the kernal mode is out on all fireware execpt 2.7+ then downgrading really doesnt matter
ight

Voltron
The ISO age.

Kaiser thinks I should give this type of advice. ::I, Voltron have been censored by Kaiser due to my support of game loaders.::

1. The ISO age has already come and gone.
2. Even if it is making a comeback, it's unspoken here.

Kaiser thinks I should give this type of advice.
I, Voltron have been censored by Kaiser due to my support of game loaders.

The game doesn't require 2.71, but the exploit has now been patched and you will need to find the older game. If looking for a US version. Look for the UMD code of ULUS10041. See my earlier post with SKU & SERIAL #'s.

Give it time, give it time. Fanjita is helping after all. Time and patience always yield good things for the PSP.

it's most likely that vice city stories will have 2.7 or above, especially with the new modchip out and kernal access on 2.6... sony is going to be all over this

Its patched to NOT allow the exploit anymore. See my earlier post on page 3 for details.

I think this is great news for 1.5 users as well. I don't know for sure but it seems to me that devs have been hesitant to use kernal mode because it would shut out all the 2.1+ users. And btw, I won't be upgrading past 1.5 because it's just too easy to load homebrew on it.

I agree completely. I don't think I could ever upgrade my 1.50. I want to ask zx-81 what he thinks about this. He develops on a 2.50 PSP. if Kernal Mode, more RAM, etc. are unlocked for him, could he maybe advance further than he first thought with his VBA Game Boy Advance Emulator? Like maybe putting sound on the ME such as what Snes9xTYL did?

But buy the GTA used because the new umd is patched.

Sure is, see my earlier post for what UMD code to look for on the side binding of game case and/or SKU #.

::EDIT::
Well I work hard trying to respond to a lot of people and make this site better with my small contributions but my work has been edited and censored by Kaiser who I respect so I hold no grudge. I very lightly brushed on Game (I$O) Loading which is not going to be able to be ignored with recent developments like this, the mod chip, Epsilon Bios, DevHook, Firmware Emulators, etc, etc. etc.

SEND ME A PM AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU SUPPORT MY STANDING OR NOT. Just curious to see what the average member thinks.

Kaiser
June 28th, 2006, 03:21
Nice try on trying to evade the rules, don't do it again Voltron. Since when do we allow talks of how to get and use GBA roms?

How dare you guys dampen this discussion with ISO talk and flaming. Even the slightest reference to that crap from now on in this thread will lead to temporary bannings.

uhoh_hotdogs
June 28th, 2006, 03:25
Oh my god . . . I'm speechless. :eek: Oh my god . . . Hopefully this will open up new venues for developers who are working with 2.00+ filmware.

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 03:28
geek
i believe a temporary bann is in order your really out of line

back on topic--

does anyone think that with the new kernal mode on all the higher firwares that a downgrader could be achieved even thou this wouldnt matter cause of kernal mode being on higher fireware so there be no need to downgrade

sirsnowdog
June 28th, 2006, 03:32
This is truely awesome news... Hmm Anyone else think that this would be a great time to have one of thos remotes like in the movie click!? Then we wouldn't have to wait.. waiting is no fun..

vettacossx
June 28th, 2006, 03:34
Wow.....simply Uderrly Amazing :)

Nafogel
June 28th, 2006, 03:35
^^^I just saw that movie!^^^
man, now i wanna upgrade, but i'm not sure, kernel mode, that means 1.5 isn't so significant anymore, this sucks in a way...

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 28th, 2006, 03:39
Nice try on trying to evade the rules, don't do it again Voltron. Since when do we allow talks of how to get and use GBA roms?

How dare you guys dampen this discussion with ISO talk and flaming. Even the slightest reference to that crap from now on in this thread will lead to temporary bannings.

You guys? Specific members ask about it and other specific members tell them to shut up. Whats the problem?
I'd be proud that your point has gotten across with 1 person doing the wrong thing and 20 others letting them know.
Congratulate the good ones, and simply ban the bad or let them get shut down by everyone else.
It's really not that bad, this site is coming along nicely, and has some great members. :rolleyes:

WACOMalt
June 28th, 2006, 03:51
So this is awesome!

I myself own a 1.5, but if this gets high marks (I'll wait and see how easy it is to use) then I will in fact, update. I have GTA, and I dotn mind using it..

One question though... arent the same security check that are run on GTA run on eboots on the memory stick?

if so, why cant this be made to work directly out of the games XMB menu?

Personally, even if this does work, I probably will be just as inclined to buy the modchip. which everything will be possible, I see the modchip removing hurdles that you must use. For example, you have to open a program on 1.5's to emulate 2.0+ firmware features, and you have to run GTA before you can run homebrew on 2.0+

with a modchip, you can run new UMDs, without any loader or anything. and you can run homebrew directly from the games menu.

So the modchip in my oppinion is th ebest of both worlds. my only fear is that sony will release another fw update that renders modded PSPs useless.

but then, it would patch this exploit anyways, so you'd be screwed both ways.

I opt exploit for now, then modchip when I get enough money to buyit/have it installed.

I have done a little bit of developing on the PSP, is there any sort of guide to go with THIS version of the exploit so I may use it?

Kaiser
June 28th, 2006, 03:52
You guys? Specific members ask about it and other specific members tell them to shut up. Whats the problem?
I'd be proud that your point has gotten across with 1 person doing the wrong thing and 20 others letting them know.
Congratulate the good ones, and simply ban the bad or let them get shut down by everyone else.
It's really not that bad, this site is coming along nicely, and has some great members. :rolleyes:

I was really only referring to a select few members. I know most of the members (such as yourself) discussing in this thread are keeping it clean. :)

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 28th, 2006, 03:54
I was really only referring to a select few members. I know most of the members (such as yourself) discussing in this thread are keeping it clean. :)

Excellent! :D

Then we shall all rejoice together for 2.6 Kernal Access! Yay! :rolleyes:

Voltron
June 28th, 2006, 03:56
Nice try on trying to evade the rules, don't do it again Voltron. Since when do we allow talks of how to get and use GBA roms? [B]How dare you guys dampen this discussion with ISO talk and flaming.

Are you kidding me? Seriously, are you for real with that question? Okay here goes:

1.) Go to the thread about zx-81's VBA Game Boy Advance Emulator. Will you EDIT all of the posts that talk about which ROMS load, how fast they play, what size they are, what settings were used, etc. etc. etc. You could seriously look me straight in the face and tell me that there is no talk of using GBA roms? Come on Kaiser. I don't want a conflict with you or anyone involved with DCEMU. I consider you all a sort of cyber family but lets get real here.

2.) I go into no such detail about ISO's. I certainly NEVER talk about getting ISO's. Nor do I ever state on to use ISO's. Not even close but MY post has been tampered with and I am being threatened with being banned. I simply acknowledge the achievments and potential with new developments such as this which includes game loading.

3.) I don't post just to say "cool' or "when is the next release going to be" or hurry up and get N64 working with full speed and sound now dammit". I take time to intelligently respond to several members at a time with advice and helpful facts. I spend way too much time on this site and maybe I am starting to overstay my welcome.

Just please give me a break. I know ISO's discussion is against the rules but I think the enforcement is being taken too far. Its like when you live in a small town with a lot of cops and you end up with like 4 or 5 cruisers and 10 cops over the smallest thing because they don't see much excitement so little things get treated way too serious. I don't discuss where to get them, how to hack/crack/patch them, or the specifics on how to use thm, etc. etc.

mavsman4457
June 28th, 2006, 03:56
Simply incredible news. It has been relayed to the developers of SNES9xTYL.

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 04:03
1.) Go to the thread about zx-81's VBA Game Boy Advance Emulator. Will you EDIT all of the posts that talk about which ROMS load, how fast they play, what size they are, what settings were used, etc. etc. etc. You could seriously look me straight in the face and tell me that there is no talk of using GBA roms? Come on Kaiser. I don't want a conflict with you or anyone involved with DCEMU. I consider you all a sort of cyber family but lets get real here.

voltron the ppl that talk about the roms are simply anly trying to find out how to work them which loads up and so forth there not asking where to get the roms thats were the rule boundry is crossed

remember that iso's is a sensitive topic and the reason the staff dont want it said is to make sure that the site stays safe thats not so much to ask sony and the developers that make the games for the psp i think arent to happy about there games being ripped and sice the topic is on going and is looked at seriously by the companys and sony its just a topic dcemu wants to avoid and i agree with the no talk policy about iso's as i my self is against pirating

back on topic--

Kaiser
June 28th, 2006, 04:15
Are you kidding me? Seriously, are you for real with that question? Okay here goes:

GBA roms are not the same as PSP ISO's. the only reason the ISO rules are stricter is because its hard to moderate whats legal and whats not. It usually doesn't take long for such legal discussion to go sour. DCemu also does not allow discussion of how to pirate the systems its covering. The Dreamcast site does not allow discussion on how to play pirated Dreamcast games and the Saturn site does not allow discussion of how to play Saturn back-ups, see how that works?

2.) I go into no such detail about ISO's. I certainly NEVER talk about getting ISO's. Nor do I ever state on to use ISO's. Not even close but MY post has been tampered with and I am being threatened with being banned. I simply acknowledge the achievments and potential with new developments such as this which includes game loading.

I never once mentioned the word banned when I gave you a warning. I know your better then that. Your post was "tampered with" because ISO discussion has become a hot-button issue lately and we've been forced to crack down on it completely.

One of our Rules:

- There is now zero tolerance on discussing how to attain and/or use ISO's. There is also zero tolerance on discussing how to attain and/or use ISO loaders. Even bringing up the topic of ISO's may result in action and the punishment may differ from case to case. Do not offer help for finding/using ISO's and illegal roms through our forums. Even if said discussion is done via email you cannot advertise such help on our forums.

3.) My posts are not just "cool' or "when is the next release going to be" or hurry up and get N64 working with full speed and sound". I take time to intelligently respond to several members at a time with advice and helpful facts. I spend way too much time on this site and maybe I am starting to overstay my welcome.

Just please give me a break. I know ISO's discussion is against the rules. I don't discuss where to get them, how to hack/crack/patch them, etc. etc.

You don't need to tell me your a good member. Your posting speaks for itself and I'm glad you take time to help other on the forums. :D

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 28th, 2006, 04:20
GBA roms are not the same as PSP ISO's. the only reason the ISO rules are stricter is because its hard to moderate whats legal and whats not. It usually doesn't take long for such legal discussion to go sour. DCemu also does not allow discussion of how to pirate the systems its covering. The Dreamcast site does not allow discussion on how to play pirated Dreamcast games and the Saturn site does not allow discussion of how to play Saturn back-ups, see how that works?

I never once mentioned the word banned when I gave you a warning. I know your better then that. Your post was "tampered with" because ISO discussion has become a hot-button issue lately and we've been forced to crack down on it completely.

One of our Rules:

- There is now zero tolerance on discussing how to attain and/or use ISO's. There is also zero tolerance on discussing how to attain and/or use ISO loaders. Even bringing up the topic of ISO's may result in action and the punishment may differ from case to case. Do not offer help for finding/using ISO's and illegal roms through our forums. Even if said discussion is done via email you cannot advertise such help on our forums.

You don't need to tell me your a good member. Your posting speaks for itself and I'm glad you take time to help other on the forums. :D

Cool... So enforce that zero tolerance on that Pimpjuice10 gronk that started it all and we can all get back to our usual Homebrew Hyjinx :D

This is about as big as when StrmnNrmn struck us outta nowhere with his N64 news! :rolleyes:

Voltron
June 28th, 2006, 04:22
voltron the ppl that talk about the roms are simply anly trying to find out how to work them which loads up and so forth there not asking where to get the roms thats were the rule boundry is crossed. sony and the developers that make the games for the psp i think arent to happy about there games being ripped and sice the topic is on going and is looked at seriously by the companys and sony its just a topic dcemu wants to avoid and i agree with the no talk policy about iso's as i my self is against pirating

I am so glad you responded with that. Because can you find any of my close to 600 posts where I have asked for or given information on where to obtain ISO's or ROMS?

And from your viewpoint concerning GBA, it should be ok to discuss how to get PSP Roms (I$O's) to work, load up, etc.? right? As long as the "boundary" is not crossed. Well I have never even come close to crossing the boundary. Simply mentioning the obvious benefit and inevitable use and implementation of game loading with 2.60 kernal acces, mod chips, custom firmware or (bios), etc. is NOT UMD Piracy discsusion.

::DICTIONARY.COM's definition of pirating::
To make use of or reproduce (another's work) without authorization.

Kaiser
June 28th, 2006, 04:22
Cool... So enforce that zero tolerance on that Pimpjuice10 gronk that started it all and we can all get back to our usual Homebrew Hyjinx

He didn't ask how to use them or where to get them. He has been dealt with.

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 28th, 2006, 04:24
He didn't ask how to use them or where to get them. He has been dealt with.

Then were done! :D

Now this is where i wave my magic off-topic wand and it all goes away...

'Blinks'

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, Kernal on 2.6 will be kick ass :p Serisouly possibilites are endless!

shinysuitman
June 28th, 2006, 04:27
Very cool stuff.
so am i to assume that even though kernal mode is accessible (or at least in theory right now) the flash will still not be accessible through this? Kernal mode is great, but it still leaves the user with having to use time-costly programs and other UMD's to get there. and i appologize, im not trying to be pessimistic, but inquisitive for even bigger and better things. where theres is a will, there is a way

Voltron
June 28th, 2006, 04:29

Well when you put it that way I just need to put my foot in my mouth and shut up because you are right. I am sorry and won't be so much of a hassle anymore when it comes to this topic. I do see how it works now...:cool:

Now back on a more important topic:

Since the TYL team will no doubt learn of this development, I hope they try their hand at an ME version of SNES9xTYL for 2.00+ PSP's eventually.

And it would be cool if this helps zx-81 with his awesome GBA EMU.

mavsman4457
June 28th, 2006, 04:34
This is about as big as when StrmnNrmn struck us outta nowhere with his N64 news! :rolleyes:

Bigger because it gives StrmnNrmn a new tool to use.

the one and only
June 28th, 2006, 05:24
Yay, this is the best development since the eloader :D

hopefully we shall see a downgrader come out of this
yay now i will finally get to play smash gbpsp and use ir shell :D:D:D:D:D im so halppy, thanks soo much htchiker.

Video_freak
June 28th, 2006, 05:33
now coders dont need to worry about kernal access and emulators/games will run faster for everyone

Emeriastone
June 28th, 2006, 05:44
YAY flaming!

wowzors
June 28th, 2006, 06:12
Can i ask WHY everyone wants a downgrader? THIS IS A 2.6 FW THAT RUNS ALL 1.5 APPS. There would be no benefit of downgrading to 1.5, in fact it would literally be a downgrade if you went from 2.6.

publicprivates
June 28th, 2006, 06:30
i guess not everyone wants to play gta. i sure as heck dont want to load it every time i want to play some snes or some neo geo. There are still benefits of 1.5 over others.

SINIStER
June 28th, 2006, 06:33
Can i ask WHY everyone wants a downgrader? THIS IS A 2.6 FW THAT RUNS ALL 1.5 APPS. There would be no benefit of downgrading to 1.5, in fact it would literally be a downgrade if you went from 2.6.
I agree,with this new exploit 2.6 users reap the benefits of both worlds...running hb that was once only possible on 1.5 and all the features of 2.6fw.What more could we ask for!?
Thanx htchhiker,you have made ALOT of people happy! :)

SnoopKatt
June 28th, 2006, 06:45
This is great, I'm glad I stopped upgrading at 2.6.

the one and only
June 28th, 2006, 06:46
I want to downgrade because going through gta to get to my homebrew is a real hassle, especially when the homebrew crashes. but im guessing ir shell shall fix that :D but time will tell

Cooe14
June 28th, 2006, 06:54
If this can get it so it runs WITHOUT GTA (I will never buy GTA) I will upgrade if not I will stay at 1.5. But this is good news for everybody on 2.5, 2.6.

V3N0M
June 28th, 2006, 06:56
For any 1.5 users that might be confused by this... This is great news and all and could potiently lead to Full access homebrew on a 2.6 (Having kernal) Without the use of GTA Liberty City But do not upgrade just yet as it is not all the way there just yet. For now i'm going to use Devhook but it seems 1.5 users might be able to upgrade and bring full homebrew with us, in the near future.-(This was just for people who might be a little confused)

tophead420
June 28th, 2006, 06:57
i see alot has happened in the few hours i was gone well iseen alot was mentioned aout 2.6 being able to load apps that they couldnt before sounds great and ir shell was mentioned to uhhhh if this will be usable on a 2.6 i doubt ill ever ty it becuz i dont want a bricked psp lol and this is still not totally sunk in to my thick skull yet kernal mode on 2.6 omg this PWNZ somone please slap so i know im not dreaming cant wait for this to be released on the new eloader id like to thank htchiker for his great work and all who helped out on this and of course thank you kaiser for posting this lol

Voltron
June 28th, 2006, 06:57

This is not a 2.6 firmware or firmware mod that runs all 1.5 apps. This program and/or exploit simply dumps the kernel memory when executed on a 2.6 FW PSP. With a kernal memory dump we might finally be able to decrypt higher firmwares like 2.60 and above. This could help pave the path to many cool things. And if Fanjita is on board, 2.50 & 2.60 users should be really excited about a possible loader that can load much more than it currently can.

I think this has its potential benefits to both 1.50 users & 2.60 users. It could possible give 2.50/2.60 users to take advantage of ALL homebrew.

For 1.50 users I think this is even more promising. The hopes for this is to get 2.60 & higher firmware running or emulated on 1.50. That would be sweet. I'd prefer loading homebrew the 1.50 way than the GTA way. But the loader may work a different way than the eLoader does currently so we'll have to wait and see.

Its good news for every PSP owner interested in homebrew. NO mattter what firmware you have.

SnoopKatt
June 28th, 2006, 07:01
For 1.50 users I think this is even more promising. The hopes for this is to get 2.60 & higher firmware running or emulated on 1.50.
If everything works as planned, then what would be the point of 1.5 users emulating 2.6? They could just upgrade and it would be better for them because of all the extra features it has (web browsing, extra codecs, ect.)

Voltron
June 28th, 2006, 07:16
If everything works as planned, then what would be the point of 1.5 users emulating 2.6? They could just upgrade and it would be better for them because of all the extra features it has (web browsing, extra codecs, ect.)

Well sure I could upgrade my 1.50 to 2.60. But its not like the mod chip. You would still need some way (eLoader) to load the homebrew. Unless custom firmwares can be created to upgrade to without a mod chip, it may not be as simple as it is with 1.50. (Just select your homebrew app, press X and your all set)...

Its just my own opinion but I'm skeptical that maybe not ALL 1.50 homebrew would work after upgrading.

And about the web browser and codecs. I have all of that with my 1.50. 2.50 can be fully emulated and actually the web browser works better now for 1.50 users because we can overclock the PSP which makes the PSP browser CRAZY fast. Much faster than it is on 2.00+ (I have compared) 1.50 PSP's can have all video codecs of 2.50 & 2.60 and THEN SOME. 2.60 PSP's are limited to AVC 320x240 resolution. But PMP on a 1.50 can play videos at full 480x272 resolution.

So in closing I really think 1.50 will remain the superior firmware as far as homebrew goes. And I would very much prefer being able to load higher firmwares or features of higher firmwares at will while maintaining 100% homebrew capable 1.50 firmware.

cartmandude14
June 28th, 2006, 07:40
If this can get it so it runs WITHOUT GTA (I will never buy GTA) I will upgrade if not I will stay at 1.5. But this is good news for everybody on 2.5, 2.6.
I don't think they will since it needs the security hole found in GTA: LCS to run it. It may be possible to do it without booting gta by having an eboot that checks the umd drive to load the security crack. but you will need gta.

P.S. Why won't you buy it?

SnoopKatt
June 28th, 2006, 08:08
Well sure I could upgrade my 1.50 to 2.60. But its not like the mod chip. You would still need some way (eLoader) to load the homebrew. Unless custom firmwares can be created to upgrade to without a mod chip, it may not be as simple as it is with 1.50. (Just select your homebrew app, press X and your all set)...

Its just my own opinion but I'm skeptical that maybe not ALL 1.50 homebrew would work after upgrading.

And about the web browser and codecs. I have all of that with my 1.50. 2.50 can be fully emulated and actually the web browser works better now for 1.50 users because we can overclock the PSP which makes the PSP browser CRAZY fast. Much faster than it is on 2.00+ (I have compared) 1.50 PSP's can have all video codecs of 2.50 & 2.60 and THEN SOME. 2.60 PSP's are limited to AVC 320x240 resolution. But PMP on a 1.50 can play videos at full 480x272 resolution.

So in closing I really think 1.50 will remain the superior firmware as far as homebrew goes. And I would very much prefer being able to load higher firmwares or features of higher firmwares at will while maintaining 100% homebrew capable 1.50 firmware.
Hmm, touche.

frozenfire_lol
June 28th, 2006, 08:14

frozenfire_lol
June 28th, 2006, 08:18
this is great, i have 2.6 but my gta umd was broke last week and i can't use it. it load half way and then freezes i tried to change the case but it didnt work. i guess ill have to buy a new one.

cartmandude14
June 28th, 2006, 08:40
this is great, i have 2.6 but my gta umd was broke last week and i can't use it. it load half way and then freezes i tried to change the case but it didnt work. i guess ill have to buy a new one.

Don't Buy The New One It Is Patched!

mr_nick666
June 28th, 2006, 08:55

As a 1.5 user I say sage words my friend :)
Im interested to see how this pans out though... :rolleyes:

Moning2
June 28th, 2006, 10:16
and the worst part about it, its called ****in kernel with an E not kernal, that just pisses me off! :mad:

anyway, seems like a nice exploit, can't wait to use it :)

xenotfw
June 28th, 2006, 10:19
I still won't upgrade my 1.5 :-)
It's nice to see that people with higher firmware will be able to have kernel access ;-)

kimbonious
June 28th, 2006, 10:45
Ok my thoughts after reading this thread, (may be late)
those of you who said they would not want to load up gta everytime, iRShell can help, load up gta one time and rund your eboots, umd's and such from that. put psp to sleep and continue next time in iRshell. ]
2 Second no downgrader, don't remeber what it was called but they locked something in 2.5 that would make it "impossible" i will research the name of what the file is that locks it, if it is that serious to anyone.

mog
June 28th, 2006, 10:53
so am i to assume that even though kernal mode is accessible (or at least in theory right now) the flash will still not be accessible through this?
Why wouldn't this let us access the flash?
As far as I know, if you have full kernel access then you will be able to access the flash.

Hopefully we can access flash, otherwise my previous idea for 1.0/1.5 users won't work:

If for any reason you might want to return to 1.5, it should be possible!

1. Backup fw 1.00/1.50

This will not work yet (especially if this exploit is fake of course), but it should be easy for 0okm to change his program to do that.
As long as we can use the kernel functions in pspnand_driver.h this should be possible.
We should be able to read and write the flash using kernel functions:
- sceNandReadPages to read from flash
- sceNandWritePages to write to flash
:)

FarSight
June 28th, 2006, 10:57
ZX-81 asys he intends to add "me" features to his gba emu once the new eloaders out.
This is truely a great day for all psp users 1.00 to 2.60. I think everyone will benfit from this.

counterwise
June 28th, 2006, 11:26
yesssss
yesssss
yesssss
MODCHIP **** YOU!
i actually went jumping around after reading it phoned my brother and drank 1,5 liters of ice tea at the tempature 2 degrees celcius...now im cold
this is what ive been whaiting for for allmost half a year since i bought my psp and got a freaking 2.01!

plasmaballs
June 28th, 2006, 11:38
Very nice work indeed, top marks to hitchikr lets just hope a downgrader is possible or at least full intigration in to .97 eloader, either way good to have Fanjita back on the case. Good luck guys...!

tsurumaru
June 28th, 2006, 11:45
Why wouldn't this let us access the flash?
As far as I know, if you have full kernel access then you will be able to access the flash.

Excuse me if I have got this wrong but I thought the way Sony "patched" it was that you could no longer access flash0 even with full kernel access after the 1.5 firmware.
You can still access flash1 AFAIK but this doesn't obviously give you the sort of options that you'd really want.

mog
June 28th, 2006, 11:54
Excuse me if I have got this wrong but I thought the way Sony "patched" it was that you could no longer access flash0 even with full kernel access after the 1.5 firmware.
You can still access flash1 AFAIK but this doesn't obviously give you the sort of options that you'd really want.
You may well be right, I haven't really researched about it much.
This is a shame because it was such a nice idea -- being able to go to any firmware between 1.00 and 2.60 whenever I wanted.
It was a bit too good to be true... :(

I would test out my idea trying to access flash, but I only have one PSP and that has firmware 1.00.
I'm not going to risk updating to 2.60 just to test it with a high possibility that I'm wrong and I won't be able to return to fw 1.00. :rolleyes:

gavind
June 28th, 2006, 11:55
okay, heres the thing, everyones getting excited about this and saying how full kernal access will be available and how great that is but it still wont be as good as what 1.5 users have.

1. You will need GTA LCS to play the homebrew
2. Everytime you want to play homebrew you will have to load threw GTA and threw a loader.

the positives are that it enables 2.5/2.6 to homebrew

and finally all these people saying that it will help GBA and N64 emulation is false, i doubt very much the coders are working on the project for it to work on 2.5/2.6, they will be coding it for 1.5 which already has the full access to everything so no it wont help that project it will only make it easier so that when they get it working fast it will also work fast on higher firmwares

StealthCP
June 28th, 2006, 12:16
I am very sorry to say now that I don't see any need in the modchip unless you like the features of 2.7/2.71 firmware.

OMFG PSP PWNZ!!!

I am so glad I met console homebrew a long time ago... Now everyone can have it all!! For free!!!!!:D

FarSight
June 28th, 2006, 12:20
okay, heres the thing, everyones getting excited about this and saying how full kernal access will be available and how great that is but it still wont be as good as what 1.5 users have.

1. You will need GTA LCS to play the homebrew
2. Everytime you want to play homebrew you will have to load threw GTA and threw a loader.

the positives are that it enables 2.5/2.6 to homebrew

and finally all these people saying that it will help GBA and N64 emulation is false, i doubt very much the coders are working on the project for it to work on 2.5/2.6, they will be coding it for 1.5 which already has the full access to everything so no it wont help that project it will only make it easier so that when they get it working fast it will also work fast on higher firmwares

Ok i guess your one of these blind i have FW 1.5 users. So not even sure why you should be posting if this is all you have to say???

First off 2.5/2.6 have home brew already. Limited without kernal access.

Second . Coding pre 2.00+ has become unpopular. Which means limits apply across all FW. No "me" versions of most emulators regardless of FW. Hence Limited functions of the psp are used.

Third: GTA quite a good game so why not have a copy anyway? Its not a lot of hassle loding it up.

Fourth: ZX-81 has said he will impliment "me" Kernal functions in to his gba once the new loader is out. This will in theory speed it up. For you a 1.5 user for me a 1.50 and 2.6 user. and all other 2.00+ users. Im sure it wont be long until other coders follow suit. That goes for N64 emulators.

and lastly: the only benifit of having 1.5 or below should be the GTA loading or ISO's. Personally I'm not an iso fluffer and i have GTA LCS.

Enough: Just peace, love and understanding in this topic, this is a great time for one and all.

bullhead
June 28th, 2006, 12:25
Has anyone seen fanjitas last news post at noobz.eu? Look at it now and tell me what you think about that...

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 28th, 2006, 12:32
Hey bullhead didnt think you were allowed to plug & put links to your site/forum on here ??. I think its a banable offence..

the one and only
June 28th, 2006, 12:47
lol mkay, id say about the end of the week, :eek: just intime for my holidays,

lucidtraveller
June 28th, 2006, 12:52
Ok i guess your one of these blind i have FW 1.5 users.

and lastly: the only benifit of having 1.5 or below should be the GTA loading or ISO's.

not at all.....i enjoy the ability to load what i want, then when done, load the next emu or hb i want to use, not having to go thru GTA

i don't use iso's and honestly don't really care for the actual psp games ...YET.

when that must have game does come out i will get another psp because my 1.5 is for hb and emus, i never even once thought about upgrading and losing the ease of doing what i want to do with it.

now for those that have higher firmware by no choice of their own or discovered hb after an upgrade this is fantastic news.... but as far as losing the 1.5 ease of doing things, i would never give that up for a few codecs and online, my pc works fine for online ;)

FarSight
June 28th, 2006, 13:20
Fanjita has released the "source" of his work so far today on this newly discovered exploit. If you would like to take a look at it and continue investigating, have a look!

Only for v2.5 / v2.6.

Based on Proof of Concept code by Hitchhikr / Neural.

Function : Attempts to load ms0:/kernel.elf using sceLoadModule/sceStartModule when in kernel mode, after writing a NOP to 0x8801A5B4.

Diags: Writes a log of operations to ms0:/GTALOG.TXT.
If LoadModule fails, writes the error code to ms0:/failload.trc.
If StartModule fails, writes the error code to ms0:/failstart.trc.

Source for the interesting bit:

void kernel_proc(void) {
// Dump'em all - read access
int handle;
int luid;

unsigned int *probe;

dlog("check dlog");

#if 1
dlog("patch module check");
// Patch module check
probe = (unsigned int*) 0x8801A5B4;
probe[0] = 0;
#endif

dlog("load module");
// try loading an ELF
luid = sceKernelLoadModule("ms0:/kernel.elf", 0, NULL);
if (luid < 0)
{
handle = sceIoOpen("ms0:/failload.trc", O_WRONLY | O_CREAT | O_TRUNC, 0777);
sceIoWrite(handle, &luid, 4);
sceIoClose(handle);
}
else
{
dlog("start module");
luid = sceKernelStartModule(handle, 0, NULL, NULL, NULL);
if (luid < 0)
{
handle = sceIoOpen("ms0:/failstart.trc", O_WRONLY | O_CREAT | O_TRUNC, 0777);
sceIoWrite(handle, &luid, 4);
sceIoClose(handle);
}
}

for(;;) { }
}

counterwise
June 28th, 2006, 15:07
ok finish the loader soon or i will soil myself because of the antichipation(yeah i know bad spelling)

DPyro
June 28th, 2006, 15:27
I think this is even bigger news than anyone has thought. Just think, you may well be able to mod/flash your 2.60 PSP so that you can launch homebrew directly from the XMB :)

no_pulse
June 28th, 2006, 15:27
lol, i want it to be released soon too but its better if they take their time than for it to be buggy :D . I'm gunna have to find something to do to take my mind off it. (I'm refreshing the main page repeatedly at the moment)

Good job everyone who has worked towards it!!

Vega
June 28th, 2006, 15:59
OK, I've been using GTA and Fanjita's Eloader since I got my psp. Really, should I download this or keep eloader? And is there a full readme file included? Sorry I havent read all the posts, im in abit of a rush. Thanks.

no_pulse
June 28th, 2006, 16:04
Vega: No eloader has been released with the exploit yet, but once it has I recommend that you download and try it because it will be able to load a lot more homebrew than you can with the current eloader. A readme should be released with it too.

Vega
June 28th, 2006, 16:05
No_Pulse.. Thanks. Cant wait for this one.

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 16:06
OK, I've been using GTA and Fanjita's Eloader since I got my psp. Really, should I download this or keep eloader? And is there a full readme file included? Sorry I havent read all the posts, im in abit of a rush. Thanks.

this is merly a "proof of concept" this is not for average users at the momnent just wait to the e-loader with kernal mode officailly comes out that will be the one you download

Baboon
June 28th, 2006, 16:07
I think this is even bigger news than anyone has thought. Just think, you may well be able to mod/flash your 2.60 PSP so that you can launch homebrew directly from the XMB :)

...That would be fookin ideal!

Truly exciting times!

To have all home brew fully compatible on 2.6 would be a dream come true! :)

Vega
June 28th, 2006, 16:19
Great news.... awaiting the eloader release!

Vega
June 28th, 2006, 16:21
So will this enable full Infrared support in homebrew apps aswell? Like for Remote control apps?

D0N
June 28th, 2006, 16:21
OMG! This is a great day in PSP Homebrew history for 2.5/2.6 users. Now im just going to wait untill Fanjita takes out the new eloader and then im going to use emualtors and applications like the 1.5 users. :D

Vega
June 28th, 2006, 16:24
Yep, its shit hot.

Gizmo356
June 28th, 2006, 17:27
So will this enable full Infrared support in homebrew apps aswell? Like for Remote control apps?
yes you will be able to use remote control apps

D0N
June 28th, 2006, 17:31
Hey everybody! Fanjita has released the "source" of his work so far today on this newly discovered exploit. If you would like to take a look at it and continue investigating, have a look over here (http://dl.qj.net/2.60-Firmware-Exploit-Fanjita-Source-PSP-Development/pg/12/fid/8488/catid/203)

FullGore
June 28th, 2006, 18:43
I'll wait for a final word from Fanjita. I ain't much of a tester myself.
Guys, does this mean that 2.60 users will be able to use pretty much everything that 1.50 users could?
Emulators will be improved?

D0N
June 28th, 2006, 18:45
Guys, does this mean that 2.60 users will be able to use pretty much everything that 1.50 users could?

yes it does

Vega
June 28th, 2006, 18:46

Yes. Fingers crossed.

Vega
June 28th, 2006, 18:49
so whats the first thing you guys will be looking to download? Im hoping for IR Shell and any remote control apps. You?

counterwise
June 28th, 2006, 18:59
this is to good to be true ;(

Zion
June 28th, 2006, 21:08
I think Fanjita will block ISO loaders from the next eloader anyway

dalejrrocks
June 28th, 2006, 21:24
I think Fanjita will block ISO loaders from the next eloader anyway

Yeah, I agree.. And I think that would be the wrong thing to do! There's lots of stuff out there that is great and is based on ISO loading. I mean you don't need to block it cause some ppl will DL pirated games.

FullGore
June 28th, 2006, 21:31
I will buy original games, even with the iso loader.
That's not a problem

Zion
June 28th, 2006, 21:33
There's lots of stuff out there that is great and is based on ISO loading. I mean you don't need to block it cause some ppl will DL pirated games.

What do you mean?

nielsss
June 28th, 2006, 21:55
if fanjita blocks iso we could just downgrade i mean i am SURE 100% that a downgrader will be devoloped

mog
June 28th, 2006, 22:01
You can still access flash1 AFAIK but this doesn't obviously give you the sort of options that you'd really want.Can anyone confirm whether flash0 is completely blocked even with the full acces to kernel mode?

Without access to flash0 my idea of using 0okm's firmware backup and restore program wont work. :(
And other people's ideas such as showing 2.6 homebrew in the xmb will not work either...

*EDIT*
Lol, some of the other psp websites seem to have people attempting downgrades already! :D

mog
June 28th, 2006, 23:28
:eek:!!
Someone on PlanetPSP.org claims to have used a downgrader made by Dark_AleX to downgrade from 2.6 to 1.5!!!
After reading how the downgrader works, I recon it is legit! :cool:

*EDIT*
Someone claims to have bricked their PSP using this downgrader so be carefull. :(
Also PlanetPSP's account has been suspended for some reason...

FullGore
June 29th, 2006, 00:00
:eek:!!
Someone on PlanetPSP.org claims to have used a downgrader made by Dark_AleX to downgrade from 2.6 to 1.5!!!
After reading how the downgrader works, I recon it is legit! :cool:

*EDIT*
Someone claims to have bricked their PSP using this downgrader so be carefull. :(
Also PlanetPSP's account has been suspended for some reason...

Hmmm, better not risk on that downgrader!
I prefer to have 2.6 for now :cool:

DPyro
June 29th, 2006, 00:52
Someone with the mod chip should test this downgrader :p

Zion
June 29th, 2006, 01:01
yeah!

BL4Z3D247
June 29th, 2006, 01:10
im so tempted to try it, but i think i'll wait til more have been successful

Zion
June 29th, 2006, 01:16
4 tried it. 2 bricked and 2 downgraded. Supposedly

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 01:23
4 tried it. 2 bricked and 2 downgraded. Supposedly

i think its fake and even if its real i wouldnt try it because if 4 triend and 2 were sucsessful than thats a
50% chance ill brick my psp no way bro:mad:

gunntims0103
June 29th, 2006, 01:29
give it time now that the new kernal mode will be implamented into the new e-loader im sure that a "safe" downgrader will surface soon just wait but it still doesnt make sence to downgrade since kernal mode runs on 2.6 so you can enjoy 1.5 on 2.6 so downgrading would be piontless i can be wrong thou

BL4Z3D247
June 29th, 2006, 01:31
yeh but there r stupid ppl out there that don't read things correctly and prolly have the TA-082...but i'm not doubtin that i could be fake...so for now i wait for fanjita :D

dalejrrocks
June 29th, 2006, 04:12
What do you mean?
I heard devhook and iso lua player are good.

mog
June 29th, 2006, 13:47
Yay! 0okm has tried the exploit and it looks like my idea will work! :p

If for any reason you might want to return to 1.5, it should be possible!

1. Backup fw 1.00/1.50

This will not work yet (especially if this exploit is fake of course), but it should be easy for 0okm to change his program to do that.
Can't wait! :p

mesosade
June 29th, 2006, 16:58
c'mon fanjita i'm dying of excitement i've been on noobz about a million times now

RetroGoth
June 29th, 2006, 17:13
don't know much what this could be about but it seems like great news so yay. All I know is that I'm a 2.6 user lol

BL4Z3D247
June 29th, 2006, 17:16
don't know much what this could be about but it seems like great news so yay. All I know is that I'm a 2.6 user lol
this means 2.6 users can play ALL the homebrew and more like 1.5 users

Dickhead
June 29th, 2006, 18:08
Well iam looking forward to full kernal access through GTA on my 2.6. But if a downgrader is programmed for 2.6 through this new crack then I will downgrade my 2.6 2 1.5 becasue I am sick to death loading up GTA for homebrew and my wife has a 2.6 PSP anyway and I will only upgrade that because she hardly uses any homebrew.

vettacossx
June 29th, 2006, 18:26
HITCH HIKERS GUIDE TO THE HB GALAXY! LOL
:D
remote apps
smash bros gp
IRshell

all on a 2.6!!!

AS FOR DOWNGRADING FROM 2.6-1.5
SNIPER IS ONCE AGAIN A GENIOUS ;)

Someone with the mod chip should test this downgrader :p

the reason our homie sniper ( IRIS GENIOUS TY BRO) suggested the mod chip is:D ...the modchip can restore bricked psp's :eek: pretty slick feature huh?!! :cool:

this is a brilliant suggestion and one would be hard pressed to find a better method ;) good luck on the downgraders :p

sharpshoot
June 29th, 2006, 18:42
does it work on 2.71? i need to now

Kramer
June 29th, 2006, 18:44
no you need gta exploit to run it

D0N
June 29th, 2006, 18:46
does it work on 2.71? i need to now

No it does not. Read the news before you post.

sharpshoot
June 29th, 2006, 18:55
how do you put it on

mcvader
June 29th, 2006, 19:23
is this really such a good thing?
fw2.6 up to this point has had no illegal uses
no kernel access = no piracy
this type of exploit is the kind of thing that would encourage sony to dedicate even more resourses to stop homebrew of any kind.

i'm no coder (wish i was) but i am aware of the legitimate uses for this exploit extra speed in emu's ect, but is the trade off worth it?

Maybe Fanjita could find a way to code the new eloader to allow kenel mode but still not run programs that advocate piracy as i've read that fanjita is against piracy.

someone may have already touched on this issue but i don't have time to read all the 200+ posts.

I upgraded from 2 - 2.6 for the final fantasy film and regretted it untill i found a megadrive emulator that worked on it.

dalejrrocks
June 29th, 2006, 21:45
So did you guys see that DarkAlex downgrader test source? It is supposed to work if you're lucky. You can get the current one of off dl.qj.net. But I am gonna wait till it becomes stable.

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 22:18
So did you guys see that DarkAlex downgrader test source? It is supposed to work if you're lucky. You can get the current one of off dl.qj.net. But I am gonna wait till it becomes stable.
yea me too i dont want to brick my psp

BL4Z3D247
June 29th, 2006, 22:21
yea me too i dont want to brick my psp
yeh ive been watchin the site all day...so far still bricks

Cooe14
June 29th, 2006, 22:23
Maybe Fanjita could find a way to code the new eloader to allow kenel mode but still not run programs that advocate piracy as i've read that fanjita is against piracy. I %100 agree with doing that.

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 22:25
yeh ive been watchin the site all day...so far still bricks
ive also been watching the site all day and i just refresh the home page every 5 minutes i know i have too much spare time but im in summer vacation:D

BL4Z3D247
June 29th, 2006, 22:27
ive also been watching the site all day and i just refresh the home page every 5 minutes i know i have too much spare time but im in summer vacation:D
haha yeh same here :D

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 22:30
haha yeh same here :D
besides sports all i have been doing for the last few days is seeing if the new eloader or downgrader have been realesed

Kramer
June 29th, 2006, 22:35
bad news fanjita is going away for a few days so there wont be a new eloader for a while

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 22:37
bad news fanjita is going away for a few days so there wont be a new eloader for a while
nooooooooooooooooo omg are you serious more waiting ooh well summer vacation nothing but time
:D

Kramer
June 29th, 2006, 22:43
he will be back in a few days so maybe if he works fast he might produce something next week some time

BL4Z3D247
June 29th, 2006, 22:43
besides sports all i have been doing for the last few days is seeing if the new eloader or downgrader have been realesed
haha
sports+my psp+DCEmu=my life

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 22:53
haha
sports+my psp+DCEmu=my life
lol sports psp decemu and girls is all i need
and the new eloader with kernal just to stay on topic

BL4Z3D247
June 29th, 2006, 23:04
lol sports psp decemu and girls is all i need
and the new eloader with kernal just to stay on topic
well yeh, GIRLS are a GIVEN!! :D and yeh the new eloader is a GIVEN too

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 23:19
i caint wait why did he have to go now

dalejrrocks
June 30th, 2006, 03:00
Well we had to wait a long time for this exploit, so the wait to the new Eloader shouldn't be as bad. Just imagine when it comes out...

Edshugeo
June 30th, 2006, 03:47
is this really such a good thing?
fw2.6 up to this point has had no illegal uses
no kernel access = no piracy
this type of exploit is the kind of thing that would encourage sony to dedicate even more resourses to stop homebrew of any kind.

Sony isn't exactly slacking off in their fight against homebrew.

dalejrrocks
June 30th, 2006, 14:33
Sony isn't exactly slacking off in their fight against homebrew.
yeah, what about that 2.70 -> 2.71 security update. maybe they found an exploit. but still with the up chip and this exploit they pretty much lost.

carrotman97
June 30th, 2006, 15:35
[15:13] <DiEsEl> is this Fanjita's channel?
[15:13] <Skylark> DiEsEl: Somewhat
[15:13] <Skylark> #noobz is more of Fanjita's channel
[15:13] <Skylark> $THIS
[15:14] <DiEsEl> Fanjita is much online?
[15:14] <Skylark> Not very often
[15:14] <Skylark> And not during the next weekend, certainly
[15:14] <jesy> away till monday/sunday evening anyways :s
[15:15] <FreePlay> Getting DRuuuuuunk
[15:15] <FreePlay> :D
is there any truth in this, i hope not i can't wait for this patch/eloader/downgrader to be released