PDA

View Full Version : First modchip arrived!

MikeDX
June 28th, 2006, 10:13
On my desk this morning, I see a psp modchip

I have a donor psp running 2.71 firmware, which will be taken apart tonight and hopefully sucessfully chipped!

I am going to record the whole process on DV tape, hopefully it will not be too painful. I will say that the points to solder are tiny!

So stay tuned folks.. and get your wallets ready.

wraggster
June 29th, 2006, 19:59
any news :)

mog
June 30th, 2006, 04:52
That sounds very cool. I am waiting for my UP to come.

It would be interesting (and helpful) to watch someone else do it first though. :)

Cooe14
June 30th, 2006, 06:24
Is it posiable to get a 2.71 firmware dump with the mod chip? I wish you good luck with your installation.

MikeDX
June 30th, 2006, 10:24
A mini update for you then, for those that are interested ;)

Firstly, I will not be doing the mod until this weekend. I do not want to rush it. I was not supplied with the wires and whatever that you usually get and will be going to get some this weekend along with a very fine low voltage soldering iron as my own is not up to the job.

The PSP that has been donated is an original Jap 1.5 upgraded to 2.71 (dont ask me why). If I screw it up, it does not matter, but if it works then the donater gets a free modchip :)

As soon as I start the modding, I will be taking a lot of pics and making a video.

Like I say, get your wallets out :)

cheesyzombie
July 2nd, 2006, 21:33
any updates? I bought a modchip as well, but I dont even really need it! I already have a 1.5 psp! But the epsilon bios and unbrickable ability is gonna be great! Guess it was the price and all the hype that tempted me. £40 + p&p off ebay, Bargain!
I'd like to see how you got on, and then maybe i'll start on mine. Or a cheap bricked from ebay itself. I haven't soldered contacts this small before. :D

BALL_SAC
July 7th, 2006, 01:02
I may end up buying one... my psp is bricked, and from what I hear, the modchip has onboard flash meaning that it will fix a bricked psp!

MikeDX
July 7th, 2006, 10:14
hi Folks

the current state of play is that I've been busy downgrading existing 2.01 - 2.6 users! (sorry).

I still don't have a small enough soldering iron. Hopefuly this weekend i may buy one!

LampDev
July 23rd, 2006, 21:17
So it's been a few weeks. Nothing new?