PDA

View Full Version : PSP GBA v1.2 (GBA Emu For PSP)

wraggster
June 28th, 2006, 13:22
Slasher from our Forums has released a new build of the GBA Emulator for the PSP which was originally released by both psp298 (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspgba.shtml) and Miemt11 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18440) on our forums.(Despite what others would have you believe)

Heres the info:

Here's the most recent build of PSPGBA, entitled 'PSP GBA v1.2'.
Features:
- Slightly faster emulation
- Fixed up the menu a bit
- State saves/loads
- Vsync, Frame skip, sound on/off, screen size(smoothing)
- ZIP support

This emulator offers pretty much all the basics.

I'm not sure whether or not I will continue working on this. I've already done a ton of optimizations and various other things. Source included for anyone wanting to tackle the project.

Download this new version of the GBA Emulator for the PSP and post your Feedback and Compatability Via the Comments
via slasher (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=588057&postcount=1)

mr_nick666
June 28th, 2006, 13:26
We're getting spoiled for choice on GBA emus now! :rolleyes:
Good to see more than one person tackling the same emu - can ZX81 use any of this for his emu!?? :confused:
Great work! :)

zx-81
June 28th, 2006, 13:44
Having a look at the code, Slasher has modified mainly the UI part of the version of psp298 (and may be change the gcc compilation flags for better optimizations).

In my version i use SDL for the User interface and the screen display, and psp298/Slasher use graphical engine stuff ... This is one of the main difference.

I'm using SDL to be sure it will work on all FW.

So for the moment we can't share any hints between each others.

ACID
June 28th, 2006, 13:46
Interesting great job guys zx-81 looking forward to your release

mameuser
June 28th, 2006, 13:51
Having a look at the code, Slasher has modified mainly the UI part of the version of psp298 (and may be change the gcc compilation flags for better optimizations).

In my version i use SDL for the User interface and the screen display, and psp298/Slasher use graphical engine stuff ... This is one of the main difference.

Is it possible for you to share on your current PSPVBA W.I.P progress status to us.

bobjebob
June 28th, 2006, 13:54
Great, but how is the sound?

Edit: I see the already, no good:(

(sorry, my englich is not so good, I am dutchman)

aaroncort
June 28th, 2006, 14:02
man oh man, I can't wait to play mother 3 once it's been translated into english on my PSP!

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 14:07
this is good i still look forward to zx-81 gba emu though

not taking anything away from this emu the nore ppl working on gba the merier

Moning2
June 28th, 2006, 14:15
can't load any roms on my 2.01 :/ well ill just wait for the emu from zx81 :D or maybe that new exploit :)

gamer121
June 28th, 2006, 16:07
this is great a few more speed enhancements and it willl be perfect

im not really worried about sound

mega man zero is actually playable:cool:

mr_nick666
June 28th, 2006, 16:10
this is good i still look forward to zx-81 gba emu though

not taking anything away from this emu the nore ppl working on gba the merier

Its hard not to think about ZX81s emu though! - Hes got such a good track record for emus and following up with quick updates and improvments! :p

Like you say - the more the merrier! :)

shinysuitman
June 28th, 2006, 16:29
this one is looking to have its perks as well. nothing is looking exactly solid yet, but definitly good improvments have bene made, so hopefully, more will come

therick
June 28th, 2006, 16:33
Hi, I have a problem because I dont know how to put the free games in my psp and I dont find what to do can you help me please?

The rick

vettacossx
June 28th, 2006, 16:40
RICK ;) this is the best guide to homebrew you could ever read bro and if you find yourself having problems just contact me via IM.....PM....or mail addy on my sig and ol vetta will help you get started bro :)
but first for a INTRO of sorts have a gander at this gr8 guide made by dc-emus own beloved KAISER !!!:D kaisers really good hb guide (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19867)

ABOUT THE GBA ;)
i guess untill it does support all firmewares i dont think ill be checking BACK up on this anytime soon ;) ( no offense just not tageted to me .....i mean here are your HOMEBREW FW's
1.o ---hardley anyone most use 1.5 by choice ;)
however ALOT LOT of peeps use 2.0....2,01.....2.5.....or 2.6 ....however ;)

with the soon to be released KERNALL access exploit these kind of releases might actually make i difference to those with the MASS amounts of 2.0+ users by choice ( like vetta :D because of his massive UMD collection LEGALLY thank you ))or not lucky enough to get in on things early enough to get 2 psp units like most of us older members do ;) ( i have a 1.5 and a 2.6) personally i like my 2.6 most because AT THIS POINT EVERYTHING THAT WAS IN MY 1.5 works in my 2.6 just as well ;)....( except mario smash bros GP of course cause it requires kernall access other than that game my 1.5 sits and collects dust ;) waiting for 1.5 exclusive that just dont seem to apear can you think of another GOOD game that requires kernall access for my rusty 1.5 that 2.6 cant play???....if so PLEASE do SAY so ;)....so how about that!!!! :) ill try this when fanjita releases his NEW and IMPROOVE kernall access e-loader !!!! that brings you 2.5 or 2.6 up to the BEST PSP HOMEBREW and commercial UNIT!!!!! because it would seem ALL my 1.5 is good for is a few APPS and piracy???!!!

and..." thats not my bag baby "

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 16:47
Its hard not to think about ZX81s emu though! - Hes got such a good track record for emus and following up with quick updates and improvments! :p

Like you say - the more the merrier! :)

yes i agree zx-81 track record for emu's is great he stays on it and always follows up until his best work is out

this one is looking to have its perks as well. nothing is looking exactly solid yet, but definitly good improvments have bene made, so hopefully, more will come

this emuwill not be followed up by any updates as the coder said he will not continue working he just made sum speed advences and requested that other take the work and inprove on it

vettacossx
June 28th, 2006, 16:59
well it IS a contribution none the less..... but i agree with my buddy guntims ;) the real deal from zx-81 will be better when this exploit is released he SUPPORTS his work and SUPPORTS his users as well to me THAT is gr8 and COMPLETE work ......we ARE NOT underminning this thread but just stating the obvious....supporting us ......gets us 2 support you ! ;)

acn010
June 28th, 2006, 17:10
lol.
now this is gonna be interresting
a new generation of emulators are coming, yes!!!

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 17:20
hey vetta i know you cant wait till final fantasy tatics for gba is sped up and playable as i cant wait as well im still wondering why now this emu has all of a sudden been taken up again as this was my requset to zx-81 along time ago i knew he was holding out on me with his gba emu i look forward to follow ups on his emu i havnet checked out this gba emu myself i will do so and do sum conparing of my own

therick
June 28th, 2006, 17:39
sorry but i need help because i have to downgrade to version 2.0 but i have version 2.71 do you now how cant i do it( i will use all de method and risk one too)

therick
June 28th, 2006, 17:50
ok thanks so i can't go 2,71 to 2,00????

shinysuitman
June 28th, 2006, 18:19
yep that about sums it up therick. looks like its the mod chip or another psp for you. well that sux on the no more updates, guess i should have read more carefully. ohh well. well, now im in suit with gunntims0103 ferver of the zx emu. god speed man... god speed

BALL_SAC
June 28th, 2006, 18:58
Well... At least I can somewhat play Megaman Zero.

SweetFA
June 28th, 2006, 19:56
ok thanks so i can't go 2,71 to 2,00????
Unfortunately not.

tophead420
June 28th, 2006, 21:13
k this is the emu i mistaked for zx-81s emu for ne1 on 2.0 or above dont bother trying bc it wont work iv tryed multipal times and no luck so if your on a higher fw then 1.5 just w8 patiently for zx-81 to release an update and cud sum1 on 1.5 fw please tell me how this matchs up to zx-81s gba emu

pspfan
June 28th, 2006, 21:30

Even with the new kernel exploit, you won't switch from SDL? Wouldn't it work because of the new kernel memory? And you could also make a Media Engine like SNES does with the new kernel memory. Anyway, whatever you do, I'm sure it'll be great.

drock82
June 30th, 2006, 17:33
road to wrestlemania works good on frameskip 4.sound is a little off but who cares

zx-81
June 30th, 2006, 17:43
Even with the new kernel exploit, you won't switch from SDL? Wouldn't it work because of the new kernel memory? And you could also make a Media Engine like SNES does with the new kernel memory. Anyway, whatever you do, I'm sure it'll be great.

In fact, i'm not using really SDL (only for the sound) ... but i can switch easilly to pure PSP dedicated code.

vettacossx
June 30th, 2006, 18:37
In fact, i'm not using really SDL (only for the sound) ... but i can switch easilly to pure PSP dedicated code.

i figured as much ;) .....i think its gr8 that your willing to take this to the next level ZX-81....but what i think is better is the fact that your SO considerate of the HB community as a whole bro ;).....keep up the awsome work and thank you for all the late nights and dedication of time its took to make my pspvba a gr8 and very playable emulator!!!

not here anymore
July 2nd, 2006, 01:19
I'm on 1.50 and this PSPGBA 1.2 is running MUCH better & faster than any PSPVBA versions. (FFIV GBA is almost playable at 5 FPS/Sound OFF, it won't even get past the intro screen with the vba port)
I wish the author came back :/

Shadowblind
July 2nd, 2006, 03:08
This is just sorta like the N64 emu. A coder starts a project on an extremly desired emulator for PSP and the other original writers come back for it.

Now if only they work together...

gunntims0103
July 2nd, 2006, 03:11
shadow your back where have you been^^

oh zx-81 can do good on his own i belive as he has done a stunning job so far he just released 1.3 so another releases shouldnt be far

Shadowblind
July 2nd, 2006, 03:36
Yeah thats awesome, cant wait for sound :D

I've been moving out, so I may not be able to get back on for a few days... :(

mameuser
July 2nd, 2006, 03:49
Comparing to pspgba 1.1 by psp298 and this version pspgba 1.2 by slah;;;

Only different is the GUI and worse still it can only load the rom one at a time, if you try to another rom after playing with your current loaded rom, it crash,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.....

gunntims0103
July 2nd, 2006, 03:57
so why are you still on this emu use vba emu by zx-81 its way better as he's constantly working on it

over 600 post whhhoooooot............whhhhhhhhot

KuTz192
July 9th, 2006, 15:29
hi how do u actualy set this up as i followed what the readme said and had no luck

kevinssi
August 1st, 2006, 08:37
i run other cant play
i try this

not here anymore
August 1st, 2006, 08:47
back to GBA 1.1 here..

Zekk41123
August 28th, 2006, 03:53
Nice fastest GBA emu i have seen thus far, Just curious What is the Big problem we are running into when it comes to speed?

Festizzio
August 28th, 2006, 04:40
Nice fastest GBA emu i have seen thus far, Just curious What is the Big problem we are running into when it comes to speed?
Wait for it.......Hey, Zekk41123! Check the news forum one more time.

donne
August 28th, 2006, 06:36
Wakakakakak.... :D :D :D

pkmaximum
August 28th, 2006, 08:45
Ya our new gspsp emulator is full speed for most roms so you definently want to take a look at that.

ReDX
September 7th, 2006, 03:26
has anyone got this to work with eloader 0.9.7 non gta needed on a psp v.2.5 crashes everytime i try to load a game

pspfan
September 7th, 2006, 03:35
Don't use this, use gpSP, it's waaaaay better. Fullspeed and perfect sound on many games. The current version is 0.6 and a new one will be out soon.

Tinnus
September 7th, 2006, 03:38
See the compatibility list, it's reported as non working.

olbaid
September 16th, 2006, 15:29
It is a great time in which we live. Technology is almost catchinng up to my portable gaming dreams. However I have to admit that this could not be possible without the tireless geniuses like wraggster that keeep pushing the boundaries (god knows how). The only thing I can offer at the moment is my undying gratitude to all the gaming community for sharing their knowledge with us mere mortals. Praise you, I praise you indeed.

Olbaid

Jordan112235
August 16th, 2007, 14:03
its a bit laggy but then its free! :D

Tinnus
August 16th, 2007, 14:10
Which rock are you below?

You should use gpSP for emulating GBA, it runs most games with full speed and stuff.

bah
August 16th, 2007, 14:29
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/gpsp-0-9-gba-emulator-for-the-psp-full-speed--46046.html

You're new here so are forgiven for bumping a really old thread. :)

gpSP is great, emulates MANY games full speed and a lot of others very close to it.

Jordan112235
August 16th, 2007, 14:38
where can i download gpSP?

blackrave
August 16th, 2007, 14:52
Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46046). Download it from the attachment. Don't expect this kind of baby-help in "off-topic" threads in the future.

pkmaximum
August 16th, 2007, 21:57
Why was this thread bumped? Lol =P It has been said many times but

GPSP Best gameboy Advanced emulator you can probably have for the PSP ever =)

jackzzz
October 7th, 2008, 17:43
where should i place the file? my ms only shows an corrupted data?

hulkbuster
May 9th, 2014, 13:32
Hello i want to know; whether i can use this in my PSP! It is 6.35 Pro-B5, please see the snapshot.

At present i am using UO gpSP kai 3.2 , and it runs smoothly in my PSP. I am having fun with this application.
Tons of GBS roms out their. But i was hoping i could use PSP GBA v1.2.
How do i make it run.

port12345
May 21st, 2014, 07:44
guy oh yea guy, Could not wait that you embark on brand new mom 3 whenever it is converted within british concerning the PLAYSTATION PORTABLE!