PDA

View Full Version : 'All decent people should denounce' Modern Warfare 2, Maine Christian group says

wraggster
December 24th, 2009, 10:09
Here, on the eve of the eve of Video Game Gift Giving and Receiving Day (known in some cultures as "Christmas" or "Festivus") comes a heartfelt plea by the fine men and women of the Christian Civic League of Maine, who join us under a common banner of misusing semicolons to bring us this message; "All decent people should denounce the video game 'Modern Warfare 2;' and join in opposing the sale and use of such games."

Yes, Modern Warfare 2's controversial "No Russian" mission -- erroneously titled the "Massacre Level" here -- has once again brought the full weight of the nation's outrage (represented here by the Christian Civic League of Maine). The group reminds us of the "well-established cause and effect relationship between video games and school shootings" and cautions that "the ready availability of drugs, violent video games, and outrageous rock music is a witch's brew which will eventually lead to tragedy here in Maine." Speaking of witches, GamePolitics points out that the group has outed the owner of a local book store as a witch (and a Democrat!) and claims she "cast a spell" on the Administrator of the League.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/23/all-decent-people-should-denounce-modern-warfare-2/

DPyro
December 24th, 2009, 16:43
Maybe someone should denounce the Christian Civic League of Maine...

shortperson1026
December 27th, 2009, 01:25
They give Christians a bad name. I'm a Christian, but I'm definitely not some control freak.

Kids being violent is a direct reflection of how they are parented.

AND I LOVE rock music! I think generic Christian rock is lame, and I'm a metalhead, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in God.

NoQuarter
December 27th, 2009, 02:51
Oh but going to UNJUST WAR is okay for with right wing christians, fricken (effing) morons.

fook123
December 28th, 2009, 03:55
Oh but going to UNJUST WAR is okay for with right wing christians, fricken (effing) morons.

What unjust war would that be?

NoQuarter
December 28th, 2009, 04:02
I know many right leaning christians and they almost unanimously support any war America gets into.
In fact many of them believed and espoused that George Bush was chosen by god to lead this oligarchy that people believe is a democracy. All conflicts are better solved through diplomacy. If you believe the invasion of Afghanistan wasn't about opium and oil I suggest you do some research. Vietnam==Golden triangle, figure that one out...

NAME JUST WAR.

fook123
December 28th, 2009, 04:08
I know many right leaning christians and they almost unanimously support any war America gets into.

Name a JUST WAR.

I'm pretty sure the war that started because of a 9/11 event is pretty just. I mean letting something like that slip by would be pretty bad. WW2 seemed pretty just, I hope I don't need to explain that one at all.

NoQuarter
December 28th, 2009, 14:37
Funny how bin laden was never caught huh? Do you know the history of the Bush family in regards to the Nazi regime or the reason the critical equipment was removed from Pearl Harbor. Things are not as cut and dry as you make them sound...
Obviously you just take mass media as the do-all end-all :P

I'm not gonna bother posting links to the wealth of information refuting your points, after all this isn't reddit. I don't need to argue about it, if you were really interested in the deeper history of these wars you would look it up yourself. Their are MANY sources of information not just one.

Do you think Jesus was a right winger? Or that he supported war in any form?
Gandhi said it best.

No you don't need to explain anything, you already have. I am very familiar with the history of WWII. In fact the president claimed we weren't going to get into that war.

fook123
December 28th, 2009, 19:52
Funny how bin laden was never caught huh? Do you know the history of the Bush family in regards to the Nazi regime or the reason the critical equipment was removed from Pearl Harbor. Things are not as cut and dry as you make them sound...
Obviously you just take mass media as the do-all end-all :P

I'm not gonna bother posting links to the wealth of information refuting your points, after all this isn't reddit. I don't need to argue about it, if you were really interested in the deeper history of these wars you would look it up yourself. Their are MANY sources of information not just one.

Do you think Jesus was a right winger? Or that he supported war in any form?
Gandhi said it best.

No you don't need to explain anything, you already have. I am very familiar with the history of WWII. In fact the president claimed we weren't going to get into that war.
I wasn't talking about jesus or Bush. You asked me a question I answered it. Bin Laden wasn't our only focus. Yes he claimed we weren't going to get into that war until we got attacked and our men were killed so we retaliated.

NoQuarter
December 28th, 2009, 20:32
No, you didn't answer the question. Is revenge a just cause?

There are many social, political and economic reasons that a country enters into war. The fact that we were attacked does not justify a full blown war. Funny how the two countries we invaded were occupied by powers backed and essentially put into place by the American government.

Also, tell me why we are in Iraq? Their are many was to topple a regime without full blown war, the CIA is expert at this.

My point about Pearl Harbour is that our government knew the attack was coming and did nothing to stop it, in fact it did quite the opposite.

Monetary interest is the primary cause for all wars, IMHO.