PDA

View Full Version : What Games Did You Get For Christmas Today, For Better Or Worse?

wraggster
December 25th, 2009, 21:42
You asked for Uncharted 2 but grandma got you .hack? Did you receive that prestige edition of Modern Warfare 2 you asked for? Is your Christmas console broken already? Celebrate or vent about your gaming Christmas gifts right here.

http://kotaku.com/5432563/what-games-did-you-get-for-christmas-today-for-better-or-worse

wraggster
December 25th, 2009, 21:43
i personally got 2 forest shirts. loads of booze, a new 3 channel remote control helicopter, aftershave and football manager 2010 for PSP :)

malgora
December 25th, 2009, 23:29
i got fallout3 and mirrors edge.. but i had to tell mum (yes mum im aussie =p) .. to get them .... and i also got gift cards for target (woo more games) super cheap auto (woo car stuff) and 1 for our local music shop (woo anime) ..lol and the usuall chocolate stocking ...lol

JDvorak
December 25th, 2009, 23:51
My wife got a new Lime Green NDS limited edition with Personal Cooking Trainer and 13 other NDS games. I got 6 Gamecube games including all the Mario Party games, 7 PS2 games, and the Rayman DS game. Oh yea my wife also got a fishing game for XBox. My youngest son got a new V-Smile handheld and 23 games, and several NDS games. My oldest son got 1 NDS game (Pokemon of course) and lots of Pokemon cards. We gave my mom a PS1 system with Dance Dance Revolution and she got herself a dance pad (we have 4 dance pads for PS1/PS2). For our computer we got 3 games including Treasure Masters and two 4 packs of educational games for my youngest son. I think that is all among a crapload of other things. Well off to play Mario Party 4-7 on Gamecube.

Megatron222
December 26th, 2009, 01:28
Got me a new Dsi(flashcard has not shipped yet :(,Modern Warfare 2 on my 360,and Assassins Creed,MGS4,and Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction for my PS3 and Christmas money so I can finally buy a PSP great Christmas and merry Christmas to all.

mike_jmg
December 26th, 2009, 01:41
Christmas money, lots of booze, MW2

Insomniac-Evolution
December 26th, 2009, 08:19
Alcohol indeed, bit of a hangover now lol leaving in an hour to go weston-super-mare until monday to see family, 2hour drive feeling blah! lol just browsing now as i do most mornings, anyway i got mw2! a lil early before xmas, probably more alcohol later if offered, can't say no lol enjoy the rest of holidays people! peace

inlovewithi
December 26th, 2009, 10:17
My wife got a new Lime Green NDS limited edition with Personal Cooking Trainer and 13 other NDS games. I got 6 Gamecube games including all the Mario Party games, 7 PS2 games, and the Rayman DS game. Oh yea my wife also got a fishing game for XBox. My youngest son got a new V-Smile handheld and 23 games, and several NDS games. My oldest son got 1 NDS game (Pokemon of course) and lots of Pokemon cards. We gave my mom a PS1 system with Dance Dance Revolution and she got herself a dance pad (we have 4 dance pads for PS1/PS2). For our computer we got 3 games including Treasure Masters and two 4 packs of educational games for my youngest son. I think that is all among a crapload of other things. Well off to play Mario Party 4-7 on Gamecube.

That was funny.

tutting
December 26th, 2009, 12:32
Assassins Creed 2 & GH Greatest Hits and a shed load of blu-rays. Yay!

JDvorak
December 27th, 2009, 01:33
I forgot that we also got Guitar Hero 3 and Guitar Hero World Tour for PS2. My son and I were up all night playing it. We got Guitar Hero Rock the 80's game as well.

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, and have a Happy New Year All!!!!!

mmochel
December 27th, 2009, 19:46
I got record of lodoss war on VHS used.
thats 5 old VHS tapes, unwrapped.
I was handed a large plastic bag with the tapes. The best part was that after they left I discovered the receipt in the bag for $4.80. This after I gave them wild arms 3 and pikmin. And a gift for the baby.
And this is from my family.

Shrygue
December 27th, 2009, 20:17
Didn't really want much, in fact I could have settled for nothing. However, I recieved my limited edition copy Resident Evil 5 for Christmas and I like it a lot.

Eviltaco64
December 27th, 2009, 20:20
I got a PS2 (SCPH-30001 R) with two controllers (one's broken).. That's about it for video games this year. :P

Raekwik11
December 29th, 2009, 11:10
super nintendo with several games 2 controllers but no ac adapter and tv out cables

Eviltaco64
December 29th, 2009, 20:30
super nintendo with several games 2 controllers but no ac adapter and tv out cables

Damn, a SNES with games but no hookups? The A/V cable will be pretty easy to find (since SNES, N64, and Gamecube share the same A/V cable).

If there's an indie game store around you, they'd probably stock AC Adapters.

VampDude
December 30th, 2009, 12:56
I didn't receive any games for Christmas :(, though I did receive a nice HDTV for my PS3 Slim that arrived on the 24th. :)

Though if I can count my own purchases as Christmas? :p

Resident Evil 5
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grand Theft Auto 4
Grand Theft Auto: LCS (PS2) *
Grand Theft Auto: VCS (PS2) * - Because I missed playing them on my PSP and the PS2 is better.
Grand Theft Auto: Collectors' Edition (PSone)
Metal Gear Solid 4
SEGA MegaDrive Ultimate Collection

And that's about it... I think? Nobody buys me games anymore (except Mario Bros. Wii as an early present from my mum - which ended my Wii's happy life), I get money which I figured can be deposited when the banks open (they were closed from Christmas until Tuesday) and then spent online. :cool: