PDA

View Full Version : Sony PSP Camera to be 1.3 Megapixel

wraggster
June 28th, 2006, 18:45
Sonys PSP Camera is to be a 1.3 Megapixel Camera with what looks like a zoom and a focus dial on it with the release of a new screenshot from Itmedia

Check out the Screen Via Comments and Zoom in

pimpjuice10
June 28th, 2006, 18:51
Wow Cant Wait For It To Come Out Im Definetley Gettin It

counterwise
June 28th, 2006, 18:53
looks crap though

cal360
June 28th, 2006, 18:59
i wonder if sony will release a new software at the upcoming of this, but the software is built into 2.71 so they may not you never know though

xiringu
June 28th, 2006, 19:14
looks like crap.

and 1.3? i bought a small 1.3 camera 2 YEARS AGO for £10, that could do the functions of an usb web cam.

unless they release it cheap and with some powerfull videoconferencing software to go with it, i think it's going to be the most useless piece of plastic ever...

shinysuitman
June 28th, 2006, 19:20
looks like crap.

and 1.3? i bought a small 1.3 camera 2 YEARS AGO for £10, that could do the functions of an usb web cam.

unless they release it cheap and with some powerfull videoconferencing software to go with it, i think it's going to be the most useless piece of plastic ever...

yeah i know how you feel. and how many games are really going to include the camera within the game itself? ... ohh well, another over confident move by sony to make their product better. (hint: YOU GUYS DID WELL WITH THE ORIGINAL PRODUCT!!! LET US DO WHATEVER WE WANT WITH IT!!!) *cough* *cough* not the most useless product but pretty far up there.

on a side note, it would be cool to have webcam capabilities

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 19:40
thats great this is the piece of hardware for the psp that iv been waiting for i hope they dont put an update just for this cause sony would do sumthin lik that

Nafogel
June 28th, 2006, 19:44
1.3!!! thats pretty decent, but you'd think sony would make better quality than that

phazi
June 28th, 2006, 20:18
1.3 thats not bad but it doesnt look like it will have a flash when u take a picture and all the 2.60 and below users whill have to update it to use unless the figure out a way to not and still use it

Larry
June 28th, 2006, 20:35
eh 1.3 is pretty cheesy.
sony could have easily put 3megapixel on there instead.

if this thing is USD $20, maybe $30 tops.. then thats ok.
but now days you can get 2.6-3mp cameras for 30$ they dont have alot of storage and are made of rather flimbsy plastic, but the pictures are ok.

But a 1.3mp?.. thats just down right pathetic..
(it coulda been worse coulda been 0.3mp like those usb 10$ cameras by the check out lines of grocery stores)

zackforbing
June 28th, 2006, 21:00
um...

I already have a 6.1 megapixel camera, and another VGA camera in my cell phone. why do I need another one again?

mog
June 28th, 2006, 21:10
Ok, I doubt the camera will be used in hardly any games...
but we should eventually be able to use it in our homebrew apps and games, and that will be cool. :)

1.3 megapixels is pretty lame considering how good many mobile phone cameras are...
but once we see how sony put the camera on the psp, someone is bound to find away to use their own one! ;)

mr_nick666
June 28th, 2006, 21:12
um...

I already have a 6.1 megapixel camera, and another VGA camera in my cell phone. why do I need another one again?

Agreed.. Ive got a 2 megapixel camera on my phone with autofocus and zoom - what exactly would I really need this for?? :(

YourStillWithMe
June 28th, 2006, 21:41
sony will obviously make us update because there retarded. If they were smart though, they would make it usable on ALL firmwares so it would sell better and therefore give them more $ which is what they want and all companies want right?

slickrik
June 28th, 2006, 22:17
You would have thought it would have been at least a 3mp camera so it would do that lovely psp screen some justice and to think that the new sony erikksons have at least a 2mp camera shame on you sony!!

fire666
June 28th, 2006, 22:57
Hey Dudes!!
Think about what homebrews can do with this camera!
it's just about the homebrew scene to take advantages of this gadget. you say you got one on your cell phone...okay, do you have enough memory on it? PSP can handle more than 1GB, you can use it to record for up to 3 hours of video (I hope theres a mic bundled within), lets start, speech recognition(text authoring, voice typing, vocal commands, write everything with your voice), video conferencing, party recordings, big 16/9 TFT screen to playback(compared to mobiles), Look at the logiteck orbitMP (http://www.abrutis.com/video.php?id=1470),
There's alot of stuff that can take part of it, think in a MMORPG (ONLINE PSP, HARD DRIVE, CAMERA FOR FACE RECOGNITION, MICROPHONE. Here it goes for a really huge mass selling of PSPs!

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 28th, 2006, 23:31
The dial on the left is to secure it to the top, like the Talkman...
My mobile phone is 1.3 and the pictures don't look all that amazing. Oh well...

Atleast it will look slick, stuck to the top of your PSP hah :cool:

shrimpidy
June 28th, 2006, 23:57
I'm probably gonna get it due to the fact that i updated to 2.71. This camera might add some more freedom to this new firmware.

samthegreat68
June 29th, 2006, 00:28
20 bucks tops is what ill pay for that. my dads got a better camera on his cell phone. my cell phone camera might even be able to compete with that

Forever~Zero
June 29th, 2006, 07:32
Agreed.. Ive got a 2 megapixel camera on my phone with autofocus and zoom - what exactly would I really need this for?? :(

A Sony Ericson K750i? Or maybe a W800i. Or Nokia N90. Anyway yeah some cameraphones have better MP than this. My Nokia is already on 2.0 Megapixel with flash. So this really isnt that ground breaking. Sony could have added a better camera since they have experience with Cyber-Shot and Power-Shot camera line.

Stew2000
June 29th, 2006, 09:10
Even though I have a 5.1MP Camera. I might get this (if it's cheap enough) It would be better then carrying around my decent camera.
I think it looks rather cool, although I'm sure sony will change the look at the last minute so it looks cheap.
And 1.3MP isn't bad seen as though the psp screen is 480x270 not 1280x1024 (or bigger), So it will be good for getting wallpaper on the the go.

BALL_SAC
June 29th, 2006, 11:25
1.3 Megapixels sounds like crap. You can get a pretty cheap camera that has 2 megapixels for under a hundred bucks.

Tonx_9
June 29th, 2006, 12:29
man that thing is small!!!!!

NiGame
June 29th, 2006, 13:08
heh i'm shocked my sony phone has a 2mp camera lol

-LO-LEADER1
June 29th, 2006, 14:13
Come on guys, 1.3 is horrible. Did you know that practically every cell phone camera is 1.3 megapixels? So, now knowing that bit of info, your psp can take the same quality pictures as those little cell phone ones. If you ask me, i'd have to say that is really bad quality. My cheap webcam i got from wal-mart has 3.2 and its a no name brand. Pfff really u think sony, pretty much the largest electronics dealer would be able to come out with a 8.0 like my dads camera. Dang, i was really lookin forward to it....

scottyboynow
June 29th, 2006, 20:16
it is a good quality camera but th 1.3mp is weak wouldnt buy it

acn010
June 30th, 2006, 09:33
hmm.. i was expecting at least a 2MP.
no, its just crap