PDA

View Full Version : PSPtunes (itunes on your psp.) v2.00 (for v2.71 users)

wraggster
June 28th, 2006, 18:56
buzzfarve (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&message.id=2301838) has released a new flash application that works on v2.71 PSPs, heres the info:

This is a flash application that will play songs in your webbrowser and it has the look of itunes.

when you go to add your own songs into the xml playlist make sure you delte all of the lines for my songs, they are still in there but they will just be dead links because i deleted the music

INFO:
The new PSPTunes app was just released, can get it here: http://pspwxp.jetpage.biz/itunes/index.htm This nice little Flash MP3 player will allow you to listen to MP3s via the web browser interface....see the forum there (hint - register to see some hidden member only areas) for details about compressing the MP3s first in order to work. I am able to get 7 full MP3s to play (MP3s compressed to around 450-600KB).

Works best if the songs are about 300-400kb

How to compress your own songs:

I will give you all a couple of links to obtain some freeware MP3 compression software....
You can use these to get small MP3 files to use with the newly released PSPTunes app by bigbondfan at this website.

You must download both files, then put them together to use.
Kind of complicated getting it all set up...but works just as good as the Goldwave (Not Freeware) app that I use...
Can get you small size 16kbit 11.025kHz stereo MP3s that work great on the PSP.

1. Lame encoder:
http://mitiok.cjb.net/
Get the 3.96.1 stable version from this page

2. Razorlame - a frontend GUI for the lame encoder:
http://www.dors.de/razorlame/index.php
Get the latest 1.1.5a release

These are both zip packages. Unzip each...and combine them together in one folder on your Windows PC.
Start up RazorLame.exe to begin.
Then...go to Edit - Options and make sure the path to lame.exe is defined...can browse to it...
Note - (you had earlier combined lame.exe in this same folder as RazorLame.exe)
Press OK when ready.

Then, go to Edit - LAME Options and move the Bitrate slider to 16 kbit
Select a Mode of "Stereo"
Define an Output directory that you wish....do not make it the same as the input directory.
Now, go to the Audio processing tab.
Select an Output sampling frequency of 11.025 kHz
Press OK when ready.

Now you are all set up...just use the Add button to add your MP3 files.
Then use the Encode button to begin processing.
(Note - Make sure your Output directory you chose in the LAME options
above is not the same as the directory where your original MP3 file was located.)

Overall...a bit tricky to get setup and working right...but works great...and is all freeware.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

N1ghtshade
June 29th, 2006, 03:13
Interesting. Is this open source?

N1ghtshade
June 29th, 2006, 03:16
If it could play .ogg....that would be pretty sweet. Ogg Vorbis is always more compressed, and usually better quality.

Does the 2.0 browser support sound in ANY way? I don't think so, but then I usually leave the sound off on my psp.

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 03:17
this is interesting im keeping an eye on this

Mariopop87
June 29th, 2006, 19:23
It wasn't that hard for me to set up.
This looks cool.

Crimson_Lotus
June 29th, 2006, 19:50
Looks really good...

scottyboynow
June 29th, 2006, 20:39
cant get it 2 work

helperdude
July 4th, 2006, 19:25
I cant get it on my PSP. i got the encoding and everything, but I dont see it on my psp.

Jaycam
July 18th, 2006, 04:11
all i get is a black screen can sum1 help me ?

eazy-e
July 26th, 2006, 06:04
man i cant get this thing to work

Crazyiom
July 26th, 2006, 18:53
buzzfarve didnt create this Bigbondfan on www.pspwxp.jetpage.biz/ did he owns the site

scottyboynow
July 29th, 2006, 21:17
jaycam try to put youre display mode as normal

Spanishpeacock
August 11th, 2006, 07:04
what do you do if the songs play in a high pitched chip-monk kind of way, like it's stuck on fast forward?

Chaos_X
August 20th, 2006, 05:04
I can't add more than 8 songs, i editted everything right in the XML file and it won't work, i triple checked the XML file to make sure I typed eveything right. P

PSPZorZ
September 2nd, 2006, 19:51
The PSP doesn't support streaming MP3 music so how does this work?

MBaller20
September 2nd, 2006, 20:15
my songs appear on the playlist but none of them play. Can someone please tell me why?

PSPNOOB101
November 27th, 2006, 03:11
im using devhook 2.71 emulator and it just says cannot display.

so it doesn't work for me and i really like this plz write back and help me

bahabla man
August 2nd, 2007, 04:33
how do i get it to my psp?