PDA

View Full Version : The Spirit of Xmas - A time to give

wraggster
December 27th, 2009, 21:21
Two years ago we whilst our children were learning how to swim at our local Swimming Pool in Nottingham we befriended a Woman with 2 children, the woman after a few months became good friends with us and she hit an extremely bad patch, her husband left her with debts that would sink anyone and she poured her heart out to me and my wife, she had a girl aged 7 and boy aged 11 and two older children aged over 16, the woman was absolutely penniless on the way up to Christmas and actually found out she has cancer in her stomach which meant she would go into hospital and put yet more strain on her very stretched finances, the woman was no relation to us but we felt so very sorry for her, it was weeks before xmas and she had no money to buy her children any Xmas presents.

I managed to get a DS Lite, PSP and 2 GP2X Consoles with games/Memory cards and gave them to the woman and it made what was going to be a dreadful Xmas a much better one, the kids wanted the presents, well the PSP and DS with games for the younger children.

Thankfully the kids never knew that we gave them presents and that pleased me, its great to help some one but do it without them knowing.

Have any of you Done anything similiar for someone who is much worse off than yourself.

Share your stories via comments

Brainy142
December 27th, 2009, 22:56
Our school does this every year, they assign kids to classrooms and then they hope people bring in stuff so they can have a good christmas...

XDelusion
December 28th, 2009, 04:50
Well, I work as a nurse aid, and I have always been keen to the teachings of Jesus, in that if you have extra of something, give it to those in need.

Very touching, thankx for sharing Wraggster!

Gene
December 29th, 2009, 09:00
Man, you are awesome. I hope that family gets out of their tough spot, and I hope they have some good luck in the future.

:)