PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Nintendo Rep Slips Wii Launch Date

wraggster
June 28th, 2006, 22:02
I've seen some pretty dubious "breaking news" in my day, but drunken officials revealing console launch dates? *Cough*... Well, why not, we'll play along with it. So, as the story goes, a thirsty Nintendo rep apparently had too much Sake to drink and, in his ethylic euphoria, hinted that the Wii would launch on October 30 in Japan, and ten days later in the US and Europe. So much for simultaneous worldwide release then? That's certainly not what Nintendo had us thinking!

There's still a couple of months left until September - when Nintendo said it would officially announce further Wii launch details - so expect plenty more fabricated stories and speculations until then. Because that's probably what this is, so you'd better take it with a grain of salt. Or a shot of sake, whichever suits you best!

In the meantime, the latest issue of Nintendo Power announced at least six titles to launch on day one of the Wii's release - out of the total "around 20" launch titles previously claimed by Nintendo. Oddly enough, there's no mention of Wii Sports or Super Mario Galaxy yet, even though both of them looked pretty well at last month's E3. The only six games mentioned are as follows:

- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo)
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Nintendo)
- Red Steel (Ubisoft)
- Rayman Raving Rabbids (Ubisoft)
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (SEGA)
- Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Square Enix)

Via Playfuls (http://www.playfuls.com/news_6080_Drunken_Nintendo_Rep_Slips_Wii_Launch_Da te.html)

BALL_SAC
June 29th, 2006, 11:16
Is that news about the drunk Nintendo Rep indeed real? If thats true... wow.

I cant wait for the WII to come out.

Video_freak
July 1st, 2006, 11:26
haha! i find this hilarious. i do hope more druken nintendo reps confirm this release date. :)