PDA

View Full Version : Does PSP-3000 ship with a version higher than 5.03 yet?

yoshinatsu
December 28th, 2009, 19:23
I've decided to buy a new PSP-3000 tomorrow, or the day after it.
I live in Europe (Greece, to be precise), and I'd like to know if there's a chance that my newly bought PSP might prove to be unhackable due to it shipping with a firmware version higher than that of 5.03.

Thanks

FNQer
December 28th, 2009, 22:09
highly likely - that the ofw will be higher than 5.03.

if its a big deal to run homebrew then maybe you should look at second-hand slim or phat.

still, brand-new brite would be nice, even without homebrew

DARKoverLORD
February 18th, 2010, 13:02
i know a way how to hack psp 3000 any OFW but its to risky i'lljust go with FNQer and look for second hand psp and if its damaged or too worn just but some new parts

FNQer
February 20th, 2010, 02:05
just to state something obvious, at this present moment of time the ofw 5.03 seems to be the last reference point from where you can install full CFW or the teethered Homebrew Enabler onto the PSP300x.

however, the developments in cfw and homebrew is fluid - so perhaps in future (perhaps not), there will be exploits found to run homebrew and cfw on these models. i have seen some articles on hacking the Brites with latest OFW but as I don't own a Brite, I didn't pay close attention to what it said. i haven't seen anything yet indicating whether those brites will soon be hackable.

if you can find a Brite 5.03 then you are onto a good thing...