PDA

View Full Version : Relive your Genesis days this November

wraggster
June 28th, 2006, 23:45
While at the Sega holiday event last week, one of the more promising titles I came across was the upcoming Genesis Collection for the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable -- due sometime in November. Normally, I shy away from these collection-type games, but Sega has a special place in my heart. Growing up with just about every console, my fondest memories are the ones with the good ol' Genesis.

As for this collection, it pretty much will have the essentials. Not all of the 28 games included -- there will also be an additional three to unlock -- have been officially announced, but here are a few that were on the version I saw:

Shinobi II
Sonic the Hedgehog
Golden Axe I, II, and III
Virtua Fighter 2
Altered Beast
Ecco the Dolphin
Phantasy Star
I've always wondered why Sega never released this kind of collection before, but it's about time they did. A Sega rep assured me that all the titles would be direct representations of the originals. So, no George Lucas-like revamps here. Are there any games missing from that initial list that you'd like to see included? ToeJam & Earl anyone?

mauro2029
July 3rd, 2006, 17:46
cool, can't wait for more info on this,

I'm kindof a sega fanboy myself.....

Woah, just had a vision, they should release Daytona USA for the PSP, that would 0wN!