PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO Emulator for PSP beta 2 bugfix 2

wraggster
June 29th, 2006, 16:47
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/#download_alpha) has released a new bugfix release of his excellent NeoGeo CD Emulator for the PSP:

Heres the translation:

It is correction of the trouble where the picture of mslug3 and the like is not indicated.
 Because only EBOOT.PBP it has entered, please download also ngepsp_beta2.zip above.

* Lightly it operated verified, but problem improbable kana.
 Temporarily, because future schedule (it is something which relates to also NCDZPSP, being parallel, job).
 1. Correction of timer processing.
 Correction of 2.Z80 core.
 3. Correction of sound processing.
To here the following release (RC1 schedule) with it becomes at the point in time when correction completes.
Perhaps, because equivalent hours are required, please wait patiently.

OK you will need the beta 2 release (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27742) then ad the eboot from this release to it.

Download and Give Feedback/Compatibility Via Comments

Backtash
June 29th, 2006, 16:50
Does this work on 2.71 ?

shinysuitman
June 29th, 2006, 17:46
Does this work on 2.71 ?

nope youre a flash man. look around for some games for your browser if you want to play something. sorry to put it that way. when did you get you PSP?

Cho Aniki
June 29th, 2006, 19:21
Metal slug 3 now works :D

fucht017
June 29th, 2006, 22:50
When i want to use Unibios cheats,it go's very slow before:D you get in the unibios cheatmenu...i've got a 1.5...I cannot stop playing....what social life?..Even my own girlfriend have to use her own fingers!!

migsgiz
June 29th, 2006, 22:56
When i want to use Unibios cheats,it go's very slow before:D you get in the unibios cheatmenu...i've got a 1.5...I cannot stop playing....what social life?..Even my own girlfriend have to use her own fingers!!

SAME HERE BRO SAME HERE!!!!!!!!!

P.S. DOSE UR UNIBIOS WORK FOR U??????????

fucht017
June 29th, 2006, 23:21
With Beta 1 my unibios worked perfect...but with bugfix 1 and 2.art of fighting 3 for instance just give the "please wait.." loading screen,with the game sound in the background....not critisism..just noticing;)

migsgiz
June 29th, 2006, 23:35
With Beta 1 my unibios worked perfect...but with bugfix 1 and 2.art of fighting 3 for instance just give the "please wait.." loading screen,with the game sound in the background....not critisism..just noticing;)

ok me to??????

now none of my bio work (neogeo-bio)
it say not found
wat gives???????????
can any body please help or give me back the 1st beta eboot file

fucht017
June 29th, 2006, 23:52
Say MigsGiz...why don't you download Beta 1 from DC Emu...Problem solved.;)

SINIStER
June 30th, 2006, 00:00
Say MigsGiz...why don't you download Beta 1 from DC Emu...Problem solved.;)
That's what i did,beta1 works better for me.The games running on beta2 kept getting stuck on the "Please Wait..."screen.Damn wat a bummer I was hoping to play metal slug3 and 5. :(

fucht017
June 30th, 2006, 00:15
Guys...if you use Beta 2,and have Unibios 2.1 and\or youre Us Bios, Japan Bios etc...Then most of the games run fine...The problem is when you want to use the Unibios cheat menu...it just go's slow.

migsgiz
June 30th, 2006, 00:23
Thank U Guys
Got Fix, Wrong Eboot I Guest.
And Got Beta 1 Eboot Back

Thank again!

makaveddie
June 30th, 2006, 00:52
This emulator is exactly what I've been waiting for... it is a thing of beauty.

Couple of questions...

1) How do I get into the settings to turn blood on in mslug? The grey stuff is ugly.
2) Is it just me or does the battery level fall at an unprecedented speed?

Thanks, and great work on the emulator!

migsgiz
June 30th, 2006, 01:01
This emulator is exactly what I've been waiting for... it is a thing of beauty.

Couple of questions...

1) How do I get into the settings to turn blood on in mslug? The grey stuff is ugly.
2) Is it just me or does the battery level fall at an unprecedented speed?

Thanks, and great work on the emulator!

for#1) use the jap bio
for#2) yhea it does

wilbur
June 30th, 2006, 01:10
So happy with this release. can't stop playing Metal slug 3 and Prehistoric Isle 2. amazing.

anyone found that with bugfix 2 for beta 2 waku 7 is glitchy?

i haven't tried Shock Troopers 1/2 yet.

~Any reports on if/how these games are running? I've been excited about those games for ages.

Also, great site for finding out in game secrets and tricks is arcade history dot com. just type the game title into the database section and you get loads of information about arcade games

dublas1980
June 30th, 2006, 01:55

OK! :eek: How did you make it work can you please explain it. im being trying for few weeks and i cant make the roms to work:confused: can you please help me.:D

mameuser
June 30th, 2006, 02:16
Metal Slug 5 work great but no sound

Illegal Machine
June 30th, 2006, 02:29
ok me to??????

now none of my bio work (neogeo-bio)
it say not found
wat gives???????????
can any body please help or give me back the 1st beta eboot file

same here... wtf is that about??? I wonder where people are getting thier BIOS from

makaveddie
June 30th, 2006, 02:34
We can't tell you where we got the bios... this information is illegal. Just google MAME Neogeo bios.

As for shocktroopers, i got it working. There was a problem with the cache file here though. You need to run the program, and it will give you an error message... could not creat cache file... something like that... then, go to the temp folder and zip all of the files that are in there. Name it shocktro_cache.zip. It works perfectly! Working on shocktroopers 2 now.

Eduardo

oninotsume
June 30th, 2006, 08:45
The author has added some instructions for Univerasal Bios users on his site.

If you are using Universal Bios Disable BootUP HW test in the general settings menu. If you don't the emulator will hang on the "Please Wait..." screen. He plans to properly deal with the problem eventually, but he doesn't have the time at the moment.

追記:Universal BIOSを使用している場合
 GENERAL SETTINGSのDisable BootUp HW testを有効にしないでください。
 Please wait...の画面から進まなくなります。
 そのうち対応する予定ですが、今はそこに時間を割く余裕が無いので。

This should help a lot of people. Cheating is good:D

aleborri
June 30th, 2006, 08:57
Sorry to insist, but how, if even possible, can I start the emulation in home mode instead of arcade? tia.

benn
June 30th, 2006, 11:46
can i use the same BIOS from my other NCD emu? or do i need the NGCS bios - are they different or not?

aleborri
June 30th, 2006, 11:49

wilbur
June 30th, 2006, 12:39
No, You need neo geo bios.

google mame roms look.

Not sure about AES bios. this emu uses mame roms so doubt these would work with it.

SINIStER
June 30th, 2006, 14:54
Sorry to insist, but how, if even possible, can I start the emulation in home mode instead of arcade? tia.
When u first run a game but before the neogeo logo press and hold a,b,and c([ ],X and O by default configuration)a menu will pop up,it might take a few secs if your using beta2.Once the menu pops up the rest is self explanatory.Hope that helps.

lerocher
June 30th, 2006, 15:43
hi,
the beta 3 just comes out....http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/

Zombo
June 30th, 2006, 16:01

Huh what files did you have in the folder,because it always tells me missing CPU1 (prom) also how do you put in cheats?:p

aleborri
June 30th, 2006, 16:34
NJ is the man, I love his lack of motivation :D

SINIStER
June 30th, 2006, 16:46
Can some one plz tell me where the zipped music file goes.

bosanova_x
June 30th, 2006, 16:47
gona try beta 3 with ko97, see if i can get any sound.fingers crossed.

aleborri
June 30th, 2006, 16:48
sinister I've tried what you mention but it doesn't work, what bios are you using (eur, usa, asian) ?

About beta 3, I don't see much changes other than unibios now working directly with the games that got stuck with the wait loading. I think there's less slowdown at the beginning of the matches perhaps?

SINIStER
June 30th, 2006, 16:56
sinister I've tried what you mention but it doesn't work, what bios are you using (eur, usa, asian) ?

About beta 3, I don't see much changes other than unibios now working directly with the games that got stuck with the wait loading. I think there's less slowdown at the beginning of the matches perhaps?
Im using unibios 2.1,when you get them they come with instructions in the read me or you can check them out at the site under "how to use"link.

bosanova_x
June 30th, 2006, 16:56
this may sound stupid but what is the music file for in the emu, is there a way to get the audio for games like kof97 and metal slug 3.

If any one can help that would be great.

Zombo
June 30th, 2006, 17:21
For me,Metal Slug 3 it always says

Error: Could not allocate REGION_SOUND1

bosanova_x
June 30th, 2006, 18:12
i've never seen that.

i get this game will only work without sound when the rom is loading up.(not exact words).

what I'd do for these games to have thier music and sound effects.

who's with me!!!!!

AlinayG
June 30th, 2006, 18:30
A few noob questions.

1.) Where do i put the Bio files?

2.) Do the games have to be in .ZIP format? or unziped in the "Roms" folder?

Hawq
June 30th, 2006, 19:07
hi,
the beta 3 just comes out....http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/& heres the news from it, via babelfish:
beta 3:
-Originally it plans being not to be,, but because there is a big bug in Z80 emulation, it renewed urgently. (It was moving well, the feeling that) is,
-Bug of the bank changing processing of Z80 was corrected. Sound has stopped with such as alpham2 you think that the trouble which was corrected,
-The correspondence of Universal BIOS v2.0/v2.1 was abolished. As for cause it is not understood well, is, but the pattern which does not operate. Because those of time before v 1.3 operate, please utilize there.
-At the time of AES BIOS use, correcting the trouble where FIX sprite is not indicated in normally
-Correction of timer processing completes. It is improbable above this to become good,
-It had gone from beta2 bugfix/bugfix2, the intention of correcting the trouble where drawing skip does not operate just during the hardware initialization processing of BIOS completely.

A few noob questions.

1.) Where do i put the Bio files?

2.) Do the games have to be in .ZIP format? or unziped in the "Roms" folder?
The bios should go in the roms folder, I havent tried this emu but thats teh standard for every other emu I've ever used.

ACID
June 30th, 2006, 19:33
For me,Metal Slug 3 it always says

Error: Could not allocate REGION_SOUND1

Are you trying the newer emulator that happened to me a lot with the first version but they game works now with this version. Also have you tried another ROM set. Do you have the right bios in the Roms folder and they have to be zipped.

fucht017
June 30th, 2006, 21:18
The unibios cheats works ok now...And at last my Samurai Spirits sound doesn't crackle anymore when i startup the game...Only the newest unibios isn't supported anymore...oh well...Thanks again NJ your'e skills are extraordinairy(again):D

wilbur
June 30th, 2006, 21:18
Geez, Metal Slug 3 is an incredible game.

I loved 1 and 2 on the CD, but this is sublime. so creative. I feel so lucky to have this going on. The arcade games have such charm.

Thanks for all this

Zombo
June 30th, 2006, 21:55
Are you trying the newer emulator that happened to me a lot with the first version but they game works now with this version. Also have you tried another ROM set. Do you have the right bios in the Roms folder and they have to be zipped.

Wait what all did you have in your Metal Slug folder?

V3N0M
June 30th, 2006, 22:31
Just wondering but how many Metal Slug games work? 1,2,3 right? Does 4 and 5?

Zombo
June 30th, 2006, 22:44
I just want Metal Slug 3,before I go on my road-trip to Georgia. >_>

KratosGOW2525
October 10th, 2006, 10:05
does metal slug 3 even have sound!?