PDA

View Full Version : DevHook UMD Version v0.41d (Play Newer UMD Games on v1.5 PSPs)

wraggster
June 30th, 2006, 01:02
First off thanks to Booster for the original release of Devhook but because of legalitys we would not post it, but thanks to JasonUK we can now post the fully legal (Yes DCEmu is all about legal homebrew not ISOs unlike other suposed homebrew sites) version of this great application.

Basically Devhook allows you to play nearly all new UMD PSP Games on your v1.5 PSP, which as we know is the best for PSP Homebrew.

With thanks to Kaiser and Shadowprophet all the downloads and release info can be found via the Comments.

Download and Give Feedback/Compatibility Via Comments
Strictly NO ISO Discussion

wraggster
June 30th, 2006, 01:02
Thanks to Shadowprophet for this info

The tutorial

Hello everyone One word Devhook! What's devhook you ask?
Simply the best thing to ever hit 1.5 firmware's,
This is firmware emulation were talking about people!

tools needed

2.0 firmware
2.5 firmware
pspbrew

and of course the devhook application

That's right fully working emulation in later firmware's on the 1.5 psp

There's some things you need to know of course,

Like for instance to emulate to emulate a firmware you need to have that firmware and prep it using pspbrew, This is actually really simple to do. Firstly of course, You need to download and install devhook (making absolutely sure that all files are in there correct places on the memstick. this should be simple as the devhook is ready to drag and drop right onto your memstick)

Now on to the trickier part.

you just load the firmware (which is provided for download Via dcemu). into pspbrew (also provided Via Dcemu) like it was any other eboot. once its loaded you will be looking at the advanced information window on the bottom, look for a file in the list files box on the right called (DATA.PSAR) highlight that file and click the extract file tab under the list files box.

Now place this Extracted file on the very root of your memstick,

Now instead of running regular devhook, your going to need to run the devhook firmware installer, this was provided in the devhook package.

The firmware installer will magically find your dumped firmware
just select which firmware you wish to install and intergrade it into the devhook program (this takes a few minuets and is kind Of nifty to watch lol)

repeat this process with both of the provided firmware's Its highly recommended to use both, (*note devhook does not yet support higher firmware's its not recommended to try any other firmware's then those provided with this post.)

Once both firmware's are installed go ahead and run DEVHOOK 0.41
with the settings:

UMD-MODE = UMD DISK
UMD VERSION = 2.xx -> 2.00
FIRMWARE = 2.50+2.00
CPU CLOCK= 222 if you want WIFI i believe
BOOT SELECT= reboot XMB

then press start and it should load a 2.50 firmware just like a brand new PSP.

Oh lol one last note. before you flip out and and say I WAS SCREWED!! im stuck with an upgraded psp!

Note that firmware emulation can not be ended using the home key lol.

I mean its firmware man lol where's it gonna home too? :P

to end a emulated firmware, you have to power down the psp completely and upon reboot your magically back to your 1.5 firmware

Enjoy!!

Link to psp firmware 2.0 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=62I7HFCU

Link to psp firmware 2.50 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7SDIVD4Q

Cooe14
June 30th, 2006, 01:06
I have been using this for awhile now, and it is great!. But we need to find a way to dump firmware 2.7 that way we can emulate it.

Gizmo356
June 30th, 2006, 01:09
wow this is awesome

shadowprophet
June 30th, 2006, 01:12
Nvm this post its just a post marker. to subscribe to this thread ;)

sroon
June 30th, 2006, 01:13
Iv had this for a while but I still cant get my MM Powered up to work because it needs 2.60!

10shu
June 30th, 2006, 01:13
Just let u know, it work fine with "king kong"
No luck with "me and my katamari".

Joe88
June 30th, 2006, 01:15
Doesnt the current dev hook run UMD's ?

I ran the GTA UMD and smackdown vs raw and some game that want to install 2.60 and it worked :confused:

Tweak420
June 30th, 2006, 01:16
This is awsome indeed. I have been missing GTA and socom since I downgraded back to 1.5. I guess I only have one question...This doesn't actually use the flash does it?? I'd Like to avoid flashing my PSP too much have only done it twice. upgraded once, downgraded once.

Voltron
June 30th, 2006, 01:17
I also have been using DevHook for a while and it is remarkable. Do you have a 1.50 PSP? Want to transform it into a 2.50 PSP AND play 2.60+ games? Then you have come to the right place..

DevHook
Many will have no idea what this is and may find it overwhelming at first. ITS NOT! - Its one of the best things for 1.50 PSP's. I'll help more with that at the end.

Welcome to heaven. Heres what your 1.50 PSP can now do:

1.) Play pretty much EVERY PSP game. Even 2.60+ games like Loco Roco, Super Monkey Ball, Tomb Raider, etc. etc.

2.) Perfectly emulate higher firmwares (up to 2.50 currently, soon even higher firmwares could be emulated) This means a fully working Sony Web Browser, Location Free TV player, Better audio & video codecs, & much more.

3.) Show off how your 1.50 PSP can now outperform 2.60 PSP's. You can run PSP games, the web browser, etc. at a higher CPU clock speed. This gives NOTICEABLE speed and performance increases. No more will you have to listen to the jealous kiddies who force themselves into believing that there is no point to 1.50 and 2.60 is better blah blah blah...

4.) This is perfectly safe. It does not flash the PSP in any way and has been proven to cause no harm whatsoever.

~ I'm tired of this ISO talk Voltron, here's a one week ban for you. You cannot disscuss DAX PAC. The only reason your not getting a fuller ban is the huge amount of homebrew help and the quality of the majority of your posts. Next time we won't be so forgiving. ~ Kaiser

shadowprophet
June 30th, 2006, 01:18
Doesnt the current dev hook run UMD's ?

I ran the GTA UMD and smackdown vs raw and some game that want to install 2.60 and it worked :confused:

This is the current Devhook, this one just has the 0.41 d patch that limates the execution of certain illegal things the unpathced version allowed :cool:

10shu
June 30th, 2006, 01:18
no I don t think it flash anything...it use decrypted version of the firmware stored on your memory stick...

FW2.5 web browser is pretty cool....:D

idapimp
June 30th, 2006, 01:28
i love life

Tweak420
June 30th, 2006, 01:38
So does this also mean you can play socom online with 1.5? I remember trying with a previous version and couldn't get it to work

Harshboy
June 30th, 2006, 01:45
Right now im installing the second firmware (2.5) I cant wait to start playing some GTA on my 1.5 PSP flawlessly:D

Voltron
June 30th, 2006, 01:46
So does this also mean you can play socom online with 1.5? I remember trying with a previous version and couldn't get it to work

Yes, I can confirm that the Socom UMD that requires 2.00 firmware FULLY works with DevHook. Saving, WiFi Multiplayer, Sleep Mode, etc. etc.

Okay, lets here it again..... YAY DevHook! Thank you Booster!

pkmaximum
June 30th, 2006, 02:36
Man finally DCemu. decides to post this application. Because this is the most useful application that I have used since the MPH Game Loader.

ACID
June 30th, 2006, 03:36
I have been using this for a while this is a great thing even thoug i also have a 2.70 i dont have to use it for the games im playing

Squidman
June 30th, 2006, 03:39
I'm a n00b with this program...meaning i've been using the Genesis Loader this entire time, so i can have both FW's like 2.0 and 2.5 on it at once or just one of them, like 2.5.......then i can boot all games that require 1.51-2.5? I'm a little confused here.....:confused:

Voltron
June 30th, 2006, 03:57
I'm a n00b with this program...meaning i've been using the Genesis Loader this entire time, so i can have both FW's like 2.0 and 2.5 on it at once or just one of them, like 2.5.......then i can boot all games that require 1.51-2.5? I'm a little confused here.....:confused:

I'm sure a lot of people may be confused or overwhelmed. But it is really easy. And once you get everything on your memory stick. Its problem-free.

But yes, once you have the appropriate firmware files in the correct flash folders, you in a sense have multiple firmwares on your PSP. DevHook will emulate them.

If anyone wants simple, drag & drop simplicity with everything ready to go I just have 2 words for you......

DAX PAX

sroon
June 30th, 2006, 03:59
It is very wasy indeed!

pspfan
June 30th, 2006, 04:06
Voltron, you said you have Loco Roco and some 2.6 games working on your DevHook. Is that with the UMD or not?

dkwan20
June 30th, 2006, 04:41
i followed all the steps, but when i get into Devhook and press Start is says "Can't load/start devhook"

can anyone help?

qaopjlll
June 30th, 2006, 05:00
Ermmm, iso loading is no more illegal than using roms with emulators. Both are completely legal as long as you dump the rom/iso from a copy of the game that you own. So why aren't we allowed to talk about iso loaders if we can talk about emulation/roms?

*Edit from Sp. Sorry but you are quite mistaken about that. Copyright laws prohibit copying any comercial media for any reason, and therefore it is concidered sotware piracy. somthing we do not condone on this site. 1 day bann.

shadowprophet
June 30th, 2006, 05:08
This happens.
1 Day bann. this is your first warning.
And your last. the next time you break the iso rule it will be a perm bann.

Joe88
June 30th, 2006, 05:12
Oh so this version of dev hook just removes the "illegal" things that the other one allowed. :rolleyes:

And "roms" are illegal too.
The only way that it is legal if you dumped it from your own cartige. ;)

sroon
June 30th, 2006, 05:21
This happens.
You are a very bad, bad man Shadow! how Do I ever resist you!
lol JK!
Yup bans are good! or um whatever!

shadowprophet
June 30th, 2006, 05:25
You are a very bad, bad man Shadow! how Do I ever resist you!
lol JK!
Yup bans are good! or um whatever! :p

I woudlnt be so harsh about it, But I mean front page people where warned in big bold letters, that its not permited, and yet Brave/misguided souls still feel the need to be banned lol, what can I do but Give them what they want lol :cool:

BobMonkey
June 30th, 2006, 06:01
1.) Play pretty much EVERY PSP game. Even 2.60+ games like Loco Roco, Super Monkey Ball, Tomb Raider, etc. etc.

Now I must go back to playing Loco Roco on my 1.50 PSP.

I'm confused, I don't own any games that require 2.6 so I can't test it but how exactly does it run them, does it just load the game after 2.5 is emulated or is there something else u have 2 do?

acn010
June 30th, 2006, 06:03
oh wow, amazing.
everything is getting new

Nafogel
June 30th, 2006, 06:04
i have been using devhook for quite some time, mainly for the browser, and to partially test flash selector on the 2.5 browser, to bad it doesnt do 2.7 emulation, then i could actually use my own application. life is so unfair. So is this version patched just to not allow illegal loading of "certain things"? I guess it makes something not as tempting if you dont have access to it, lol. you can check out flash selector here:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27372

biocat
June 30th, 2006, 06:12
Does this work with 1.0 PSPs through PSPbrew? I don't feel like upgrading to 1.5 :P

drew4237
June 30th, 2006, 06:46
no i dont think it works in 1.0

i just a 2gb msit is gonna take a while to get it set up like my other one, a 512mb i will just copy all of that onto my new one and then send more stuff that wouldnt fit like my full game backups,dont wanna get banned but i hate the long load times on nfl street 2

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 30th, 2006, 07:39
I found it on the newsgroups a while back I nearly pooed my pants thought I had upgraded my psp lol.BUT no it works awsome:)

dkwan20
June 30th, 2006, 07:45
i'm having trouble getting Devhook to work.

Firstly, during the firmware install do you install the 2.00 and 2.50 seperately??

So do you put the 2.00 DATA.PSAR in first, do the firmware install, then delete the 2.00 DATA.PSAR, then put it the 2.50 DATA.PSAR and continue the same steps???

Also, how do you know when the firmware install is finished?

Its says press "O" to start, so i press it then some more info comes up then it says press "O" to exit. Does that mean its finished? because in the tutorial on pg.1 says the install is pretty nifty and all I see is a black screen with words on it, or is that supposed to be sarcastic??

Next, when starting up Devhook, theres is no option for UMD Mode = UMD Disk and theres no "2.00 + 2.50" option in Firmware.

Then when i press start it says "can't load/start Devhook"

Does anyone know whats going on??? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Cooe14
June 30th, 2006, 07:48
i'm having trouble getting Devhook to work.

Firstly, during the firmware install do you install the 2.00 and 2.50 seperately??

So do you put the 2.00 DATA.PSAR in first, do the firmware install, then delete the 2.00 DATA.PSAR, then put it the 2.50 DATA.PSAR and continue the same steps???

Also, how do you know when the firmware install is finished?

Its says press "O" to start, so i press it then some more info comes up then it says press "O" to exit. Does that mean its finished? because in the tutorial on pg.1 says the install is pretty nifty and all I see is a black screen with words on it, or is that supposed to be sarcastic??

Next, when starting up Devhook, theres is no option for UMD Mode = UMD Disk and theres no "2.00 + 2.50" option in Firmware.

Then when i press start it says "can't load/start Devhook"

Does anyone know whats going on??? :confused:

Thanks in advance.
If you are having that much truble all I'm am going to say is Chaos Zero ;) .

pspfan
June 30th, 2006, 07:50
Yes you install them separately, they are named the same thing (DATA.PSAR) so you can't do them at the same time. You know the firmware install is done because it will tell you. Yes, all your supposed to see is black with text on it, it's nothing special.

2.00 + 2.50 is no longer an option, just do 2.50.

I'm not sure why you're getting an error, though.

pspfan
June 30th, 2006, 07:54
Voltron, you said you have Loco Roco and some 2.6 games working on your DevHook. Is that with the UMD or not?
Quoting myself so it'll get seen by Voltron.

Kaiser
June 30th, 2006, 08:17
This happens.

Heh, Your more generous then me.

Anyway remember that Devhook discussion will be heavily moderated within the forums so expect action to be taken if you take said discussion in the wrong direction.

jaydee73
June 30th, 2006, 08:44
Maybe I'm missing something here, but why aren't you banning talk on dax pax as well as isos - they are nothing more than compressed iso images after all.

mr_nick666
June 30th, 2006, 08:49
Maybe I'm missing something here, but why aren't you banning talk on dax pax as well as isos - they are nothing more than compressed iso images after all.

/\ /\ Dude! Dont get banned on just 2 posts! :( (Some questions are better left unasked!) ;)

As a 1.5 user I say this ROCKS! :) (I hope I never have to upgrade!) :rolleyes:

Kaiser
June 30th, 2006, 08:57

Yeah missed that one it will be dealt with.

Accordion
June 30th, 2006, 09:23
at last....

been playing euro socom for ages with this
my game names accordion boy on the servers
(i spelt it properly this time)

gavind
June 30th, 2006, 11:36

if dax pax is what she says then i agree and it shouldnt be allowed to be talked about on these Forums.

ban me, i dont care, i know im right

V3N0M
June 30th, 2006, 11:57
Can anyone confirm that Daxter(It requires 2.6) works with this?

Bossmanuk
June 30th, 2006, 12:14
Just a few things Wragg:

#1 - DevHook is not illegal in any way, although how you use it could be.

#2 - You kinda contradict yourself because linkingto the firmware files is quite illegal just so you know...

V3N0M
June 30th, 2006, 12:43
I love this thing. Its actualy like i have two psp's. If this keeps up we will someday emulate the newest firmware. There will be no need for a mod chip. Well great job and thanx...Oh and does anyone know if Daxter works? Before i go run out and buy it. LOL

bandit
June 30th, 2006, 13:24
Just a few things Wragg:

#1 - DevHook is not illegal in any way, although how you use it could be.

#2 - You kinda contradict yourself because linkingto the firmware files is quite illegal just so you know...
I agree..linking to firmwares to download are illegal.

BOzard
June 30th, 2006, 13:29
The tutorial says i need the firmware 2.0 and 2.5.

So i searched for them on the web, but just found the us updates. But i've got an european PSP. Am i also able to use the US Firmware Updates of 2.0 and 2.5 to take advantage of the new devhook, or will that brick my PSP?

BOzard

subimpact
June 30th, 2006, 14:25
tested Monster Hunter Freedom US - not working
tested Metal Gear Acid 2 US - not working
tested GTA: LCS US - working
tested Armored Core: Battlefront AS - working

is there a compability list for those UMD to work on this loader?

Squidman
June 30th, 2006, 16:42
Ok, I read the last few pages and someone said that using the two FW's is no longer an option or something like that, so does that meen that i take the data.psar out of the 2.5 FW, then use the installer, and i'm done, or do i need to do the 2.0, use the installer, then put the 2.5, use the installer, then launch devhook and it's emulated, or do i only need to use 2.5 with the installer and then i'm set after launching devhook?

sroon
June 30th, 2006, 17:13
OK.. people just use your umd's that have the update cumpalsury thing!

Squidman
June 30th, 2006, 17:56
Ok, never mind my past questions, I have gotten it to work, it freaked me out a little bit at start (i kinda flashed a black background for year round and it wasn't there) but I started playing Burnout Legends, works perfectly, but i hit home selected yes, and it just turned it off, but i restarted and wus on my fun 1.5 :cool:

Now i've read that it can boot some 2.6 games, has anyone tested Daxter or DBZ?

Thanks to all who developed this!:D

SolidSnake5986
June 30th, 2006, 18:20
i aslo installed both firmware 2.00 and 2.50, but due to limited memory stick space, i deleted the 2.00 installation off the memory stick, tested it out, and it worked just the same. So my question is, do you even need firmware 2.00 intalled?

kale
June 30th, 2006, 18:20
Just an idea that probably won't work, but i was thinking, if you are on the 2.5 fw, can you use the network update to update the 2.5 fw to 2.71, or will this not work because it is not supported yet?

Nafogel
June 30th, 2006, 18:34
hey, ^^^^, smart thinking, when using devhook, you are only emulating the flash, updating during this period would only change the files on the memstick, once you shut off your psp, it would be back on the actual system flash running 1.5fw, it sounds believable, anyone willing to try?

Nafogel
June 30th, 2006, 18:36
^^^^if you did this, couldnt you then temporarily emulate 2.71 firmware, i wanna try, but i'm not sure what would happen, i need help from a more experienced user...

Cooe14
June 30th, 2006, 18:43
^^^^if you did this, couldnt you then temporarily emulate 2.71 firmware, i wanna try, but i'm not sure what would happen, i need help from a more experienced user...
1 of 3 things would happen.
1. It will install the firmware on the memory stick giving you a 2.71 dump which will allow you to emulate it in devhook.
2. It will install the firmware to the psp's actual flash leaving you with an actual 2.71 psp.
3. You will "brick" your psp.THIS IS THE MOST LIKELY OUTCOME.

kale
June 30th, 2006, 18:46
Thanks for the replies. I also think that it would probably brick the psp, and i dont think im gunna try it anytime soon.

Squidman
June 30th, 2006, 19:15
That's a very smart idea, i wonder who will actually test this

deediare
June 30th, 2006, 19:29
wow this rocks.........but still no daxter for me :(

ACID
June 30th, 2006, 19:38
Also don't forget they are working real hard to get 2.70 out with the devhook. I cant wait till that day for now I'm lucky to have mi backup psp. Also like YourStillWithme says if you have the game just ripped it but Don't go been a snake and selling the game to just play ISO.
Any way devhook rules.

Cooe14
June 30th, 2006, 19:40
Also don't forget they are working real hard to get 2.70 out with the devhook. I cant wait till that day for now I'm lucky to have mi backup psp. Also like YourStillWithme says if you have the game just ripped it but Don't go been a snake and selling the game to just play ISO.
Any way devhook rules.
It's not devhook that can't emulate 2.70. It's that there isn't a way to dump firmware 2.70 which is required to emulate it.

Squidman
June 30th, 2006, 20:00
It's not devhook that can't emulate 2.70. It's that there isn't a way to dump firmware 2.70 which is required to emulate it.

Can't you just take the DATA.PSAR out of the 2.70 update, then run it throught the installer? Or is there a problem with that?

jas0nuk
June 30th, 2006, 20:01
I'm glad some people found a use for my mod :P

shadowprophet
June 30th, 2006, 20:04
I'm glad some people found a use for my mod :P
Somebody Give this Guy Coder title and rights,

We thank you for your work bro :) Its much appriciated here :o

And ill see to it your status is upgraded to Coder, And you get all rights an privlages that come with that title ;)

Cooe14
June 30th, 2006, 20:15
Can't you just take the DATA.PSAR out of the 2.70 update, then run it throught the installer? Or is there a problem with that?
They fixed that crack for all updates 2.6+.

jas0nuk
June 30th, 2006, 20:18
Lol, I didn't write DevHook, I just did a few mods to get rid of the ISO features. But, whatever you want ;)
What stuff can you do with "Coder" priviledges?

Squidman
June 30th, 2006, 20:19
Hmmm, i didn't know that....the only way now to emulate 2.7 is attempt the update during the emulation 2.5, and i don't think that anyone is going to test that

shadowprophet
June 30th, 2006, 20:36
Lol, I didn't write DevHook, I just did a few mods to get rid of the ISO features. But, whatever you want ;)
What stuff can you do with "Coder" priviledges?
Coder priviledges firstly rightfully belong to you,
You have been a credit to our comminity.

With coder priviledges,
Yuu gain not only the coder title, But access to specail development forums that normal users can not see, and limated ability to moderate and close threads. Ive already spoken to adminsration about geting you coded. and its in the works ;)

dkwan20
June 30th, 2006, 20:52
how long does the FW install take?? and how do you knwo when its done??

cause i think thats my problem right now, i have a feeling i exited b4 it was finished installing.

shadowprophet
June 30th, 2006, 20:54
how long does the FW install take?? and how do you knwo when its done??

cause i think thats my problem right now, i have a feeling i exited b4 it was finished installing.

Wait untill all movment stops on the firmware installer. And then you will seem admist the jumbled text instalation complete press x or o to exit. If you do not see this. Then the firmware is not finished installing bro ;)

jas0nuk
June 30th, 2006, 20:54
Cool thanks.

shadowprophet
June 30th, 2006, 20:56
Cool thanks.

Wraggtser told me that he was going to code you as soon as he cought up on his news posts ;)
It shouldnt be too much longer :cool:

Video_freak
June 30th, 2006, 21:22
all i have to say is yay for devhook and long live booster!

Kaiser
June 30th, 2006, 22:00
Cool thanks.

It also gives you direct access to the PSP News forum so any releases you post there will make it straight on to the front page. :D

PoorWhiteTrash
June 30th, 2006, 22:38
Can I rename the file to get rid of the corrupt icon and still have it work?

nevermind.... it still works...

drock82
June 30th, 2006, 22:45
can some one please provide a step by step tutorial

pspfan
June 30th, 2006, 22:45
Guys updating during Firmware emulation WILL NOT WORK! Also, it won't brick your PSP. It won't let you update. REMEMBER, DevHook has been out almost a month before the patch came out to allow this site to put it up. Don't you think it would've been tried before? Well it has, and it doesn't do anything.

Also, the reason you can't run a 2.6, 2.7, or 2.71 DATA.PSAR through the DevHook firmware installer is because 2.6+ have a different encryption which hasn't been cracked (yet, but because of the kernel access on 2.6, the encryption will be found soon, because it is kept in the kernel memory space). Since there's a different encryption, the firmware installer wouldn't work on it because it would try to decrypt it with the encryption keys for 2.5 and below, which are different.

r2works
June 30th, 2006, 23:39
Does Daxter Work?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Squidman
July 1st, 2006, 00:23
Guys updating during Firmware emulation WILL NOT WORK! Also, it won't brick your PSP. It won't let you update. REMEMBER, DevHook has been out almost a month before the patch came out to allow this site to put it up. Don't you think it would've been tried before? Well it has, and it doesn't do anything.

Also, the reason you can't run a 2.6, 2.7, or 2.71 DATA.PSAR through the DevHook firmware installer is because 2.6+ have a different encryption which hasn't been cracked (yet, but because of the kernel access on 2.6, the encryption will be found soon, because it is kept in the kernel memory space). Since there's a different encryption, the firmware installer wouldn't work on it because it would try to decrypt it with the encryption keys for 2.5 and below, which are different.

That's wierd, it doesn't let you update...........are you sure that it was set to 222MHz for CPU speed?

jas0nuk
July 1st, 2006, 00:26
This has the same compatibility as the original 0.41d release.

Squidman
July 1st, 2006, 00:29
So it should let you update is what your saying isn't it?

jas0nuk
July 1st, 2006, 00:32
No.

EVERYONE: Updating will NOT work, as BOOSTER did not include NAND EMULATION which is needed by the UPDATER. This is a SAFETY FEATURE, as the PSP Updater contains it's own embedded code which would bypass the emulation and would BRICK YOUR PSP.

Even if updating did work, DevHook would not be able to load it, as it does not have the required decryption keys, or the patches to be able to accurately load the firmware.

EDIT: When I was talking about compatibility, I was talking about game compatibility. i.e, any UMDs that didn't work in the original ISO-able DevHook 0.41d will not work in this release.

Squidman
July 1st, 2006, 00:36
Thank you for clearing that up, now all of us (non-coding people) shall play the waiting game to wait for further FW emulation :D

jas0nuk
July 1st, 2006, 00:38
No problem :)

Squidman
July 1st, 2006, 00:41
Atleast we can all still have fun on 2.5 with the games that require it.

Being that your logged on, and you've helped answer some questions how bout one more: I've heard that some 2.6 games will boot.....will the DBZ game boot?

pspfan
July 1st, 2006, 00:41
That's wierd, it doesn't let you update...........are you sure that it was set to 222MHz for CPU speed?
My CPU speed is 222Mhz but that wouldn't matter!

So it should let you update is what your saying isn't it?

READ THE FIRST SENTENCE OF MY POST:

Guys updating during Firmware emulation WILL NOT WORK!

jas0nuk
July 1st, 2006, 00:43
Yeah he was right ^

BTW, yes, I think DBZ does work.

Squidman
July 1st, 2006, 00:50
Yeah he was right ^

Thanks again, i'll rent it and give it a try, I know it requires 2.6, so it'll still boot on an emulated 2.5, how will i know if it doesn't work:confused:

My CPU speed is 222Mhz but that wouldn't matter!

Ok, that was cleared up a few posts ago, but please remember that i haven't explored it like coders/hackers, so i won't know everything that people on this site are talking about

pspfan
July 1st, 2006, 00:55
If it doesn't work it'll say "To start, you must update the system software" just like it would say if you tried to do it on a 1.5

Cooe14
July 1st, 2006, 00:57
Thanks again, i'll rent it and give it a try, I know it requires 2.6, so it'll still boot on an emulated 2.5, how will i know if it doesn't work:confused: You will know if it doesn't work if it shows a update icon in the XMB instead of the normal DBZ icon.

Squidman
July 1st, 2006, 00:58
Again Thank you guys for helping, first time someone actually responded to help questions

Unless one already exists-> Now I guess we need a thread to say which games will boot that require a higher FW

You will know if it doesn't work if it shows a update icon in the XMB instead of the normal DBZ icon.

Battlefront 2 shows the update icon below the normal UMD icon, but it tells me that there is no need to update, so i'll just test it that way i guess

shadowprophet
July 1st, 2006, 01:01
Yeah he was right ^

There we go, you should be coded now bro ;)

theblue
July 1st, 2006, 01:39
does it work wit umd movies

dkwan20
July 1st, 2006, 02:11
ok you know how the MS_ROOT folder has a "dh" folder and the "PSP" folder. do u put the "PSP" folder in the root of the memstick?? because if i leave it as is, my psp doesn't recognize it..

Squidman
July 1st, 2006, 03:46
put the "dh" folder in the root of the ms and take the 4 folders out of the "GAME" folder (which is inside the PSP folder), put the DATA.PSAR (from the 2.00 update) also in the root, exit USB mode, go to the games part and lauch the Firmware Installer, wait for it to do everything (takes about a minute or 2). Then press "X" when it gives you the option to do so, repeat the process (minus the part where you move the folders onto the ms) but with the DATA.PSAR from the 2.5 update, then after you wait for the Firmware Installer to do what it does with the 2.5 DATA.PSAR, lauch the game labled "DevHook" hit circle when you get a black screen with white letters, move to the Firmware option and select 2.50 then move to "Start" and select that.

I hope that helps everyone who remotely needed that and ofcourse you dkwan20.......

P.S.
when at the black screen with white letters, use the "O" to select what you need to select (Just like MGS)

ACID
July 1st, 2006, 04:41
does it work wit umd movies

Yes it does all you have to do is select umd instead in the main menu.

Cap'n 1time
July 1st, 2006, 05:01
works very very well, I bought SF alpha III, but I havnt tried it yet, I already have been playing Mega Man X on it though.

acn010
July 1st, 2006, 06:04
this is so exciting!
^o^

dkwan20
July 1st, 2006, 20:58
when i start the firmware install this is what shows up:

devhook 0.40 firmware installer by BOOSTER
based PSAR dumper by PspPet version .02B(+)
PSAR file loaded ms0:/data.psar (13182480 bytes)
push ‘o’ to start
push ‘X’ to exit

I push O
then almost instantly this comes up

Special PSAR records:
version info – 272 bytes
firmware string: 725,0,3,1,0,2.00
push ‘O’ to exit

does that mean the install is done??
because once I exit and I try to load devhook, I get the same problem as earlier where it says “can’t load/start devhook” when I press start.

i cant believe im having so many problems with this, arghhh.... :confused:

jas0nuk
July 1st, 2006, 22:10
It does that when the DH folders are missing of your memory stick
Copy the dh folder from this ZIP file onto the root of your memory stick, then the firmware installer will work :)

dkwan20
July 1st, 2006, 22:54
^YAY, thank you so much

edit: ok once i pressed strat on devhook, everything was fine the psp rebooted, but now all i see is the silver backround with no menu options....

whats going on now>?

V3N0M
July 1st, 2006, 23:08
I got that too when i try to get Daxter to run but i thought it was because it was 2.6 update. So maby Daxter does work.

BL4Z3D247
July 1st, 2006, 23:18
ok i have put everything from the MS_ROOT folder in its right place, my question is about the src and tool folders where and/or do u put them, and where r the PSAR files?

jas0nuk
July 1st, 2006, 23:56
You need to get the PSAR yourself by downloading PBP Unpacker 0.94 (Google) and the 2.50 Update eboot. Install PBP Unpacker (its a Windows app) and open the 2.50 eboot with it, then right click on DATA.PSAR and click Extract, save it to the root of your memory card.

You don't need the src or the tool folders.

BL4Z3D247
July 2nd, 2006, 00:13
You need to get the PSAR yourself by downloading PBP Unpacker 0.94 (Google) and the 2.50 Update eboot. Install PBP Unpacker (its a Windows app) and open the 2.50 eboot with it, then right click on DATA.PSAR and click Extract, save it to the root of your memory card.

You don't need the src or the tool folders.
ok thanx big help :D

SINIStER
July 2nd, 2006, 00:35
hey guyz,i got a noob question...theres currupted icons after i installed this,are they suppose to be there and is there a way to get rid of them?

jas0nuk
July 2nd, 2006, 00:38
Yes they are supposed to be there, you can get rid of them by using the Sei PSP Tool.

SINIStER
July 2nd, 2006, 00:47
Yes they are supposed to be there, you can get rid of them by using the Sei PSP Tool.
Thanx man,is that tool on this site?

jas0nuk
July 2nd, 2006, 00:53
Probably.. if not, Google is your friend ;)

Squidman
July 2nd, 2006, 02:49
But then you don't really need sei to get rid of the corrupt icons, you can just put __SCE__ before everything, and put %__SCE__ infront of the folders that have the % symbol

mog
July 2nd, 2006, 17:11
Does this work with 1.0 PSPs through PSPbrew? I don't feel like upgrading to 1.5 :P
I'm going to cry now... :(

Like any new loader is going to work on 1.00, no-one seems to care anymore.
After seeing all MPHs loaders not work, UMD emulator, fastloader, etc... None of them seem to work on 1.00.

The best we have at the moment is Devhook v0.22.
I found this was the ONLY way I could play Lumines on a 1.00 PSP. (usually requires 1.50)

Devhook 0.22 will not play many (any?) games directly from the UMD though... :(

reekoy_3
July 2nd, 2006, 20:30
I'm a brand new 1.5 user thanks to the new downgrader, and I'm experiencing some difficulty installing the firmwares. I have the files in the correct placements, and when I run the firmware installer it detects my DATA.PSAR, but I get an error saying my memory stick is full, or it cannot create an "out" folder. Note that my mem stick is certainly not full. Any advice from the pros?

Harshboy
July 2nd, 2006, 22:30
I know in the readme it says 2.6 and above not tested, but can i use 2.6 with this? I rented Daxter and i wanna play it, but i dont wanna upgrade to 2.6. Can i put 2.6 on the same way as 2.5? I would just do this right?

Copy the 2.6 data.psar to the root of my mem stick
Load the Firmware installer
Install the firmware to devhook

Wait, then reset
Load Devhook with Daxter in the drive

Would that work? I hope so.

pspfan
July 2nd, 2006, 23:01
Harshboy,
That won't work. 2.6+ have a different encryption so they can't be dumped YET! However, the encryption keys are stored in the kernel memory space, and as you know 2.6 recently got a kernel exploit, so they keys are going to be found soon and DevHook will work with 2.6+.

reekoy_3,
You have to have around 19-20MB free to install just one firmware, and about 36MB free to install two.

mog,
Use 0okms 1.0 to 1.5 upgrader and downgrader thing. Or just upload to 1.5, there's nothing to lose besides not needing to kxploit homebrew, but most homebrew comes kxploited nowadays.

shadowprophet
July 2nd, 2006, 23:03
I know in the readme it says 2.6 and above not tested, but can i use 2.6 with this? I rented Daxter and i wanna play it, but i dont wanna upgrade to 2.6. Can i put 2.6 on the same way as 2.5? I would just do this right?

Copy the 2.6 data.psar to the root of my mem stick
Load the Firmware installer
Install the firmware to devhook

Wait, then reset
Load Devhook with Daxter in the drive

Would that work? I hope so.
Actuelly. I dont know where you read 2.6 wasnt tested, Its known that 2.6 firmware wont work with this, Its been tested bro, But there working on an updated version that will support higher firmwares as we speak tho ;)

mog
July 3rd, 2006, 01:34
mog,
Use 0okms 1.0 to 1.5 upgrader and downgrader thing. Or just upload to 1.5, there's nothing to lose besides not needing to kxploit homebrew, but most homebrew comes kxploited nowadays.
I know I could do that, but in a couple of days I will be installing the UP Modchip in my PSP anyway. :cool:

That still doesn't mean I am going to give up on fw 1.00.
I still plan on finding a solution for getting MPH UMD Loader and DevHook (higher than 0.22) working on fw 1.00 PSPs.

I don't like the idea of updating to get round the problem.
It is not be impossible to get these programs working on 1.00, it just requires time and a little trial and error.
The problem needs to be fixed, not avoided. :)

mavsman4457
July 3rd, 2006, 03:31
There is no point to having a 1.00 PSP. I may just think this because I am a 1.50er but it's not like you're a 2.71 and can't downgrade right? You could easily just upgrade to 1.50 right?

EDIT: I guess it actually doesn't matter for you because you are getting a modchip soon but for other people why wouldn't they go 1.5?

jwilds73
July 3rd, 2006, 04:46
I just did this and it works great. Now I can have the best of both worlds without a mod chip. Lets hope the modchip allows the developers crack the latest firmwares and allow them to run.

pspfan
July 3rd, 2006, 07:00
The modchip won't help crack later firmwares.

Later firmwares will be cracked soon, though, because the firmware encryption keys are stored in the kernel memory space and because of the new kernel exploit on 2.6, we will be able to find the new encryption keys. With the new encryption keys, we'll be able to decrypt 2.6, 2.7, and 2.71 and emulate them on DevHook or a similar program.

Just wait until the keys are found. PSPet is currently searching in the 2.6 kernel memory space to find them.

reekoy_3
July 3rd, 2006, 07:32
reekoy_3,
You have to have around 19-20MB free to install just one firmware, and about 36MB free to install two.

I have 576 MB of freespace on my memory stick. One issue I could think of is that possibly I have too many files on the root of my memory stick? After the downgrade the root was littered with like 60 .txt files.

ACID
July 3rd, 2006, 07:59
I have 576 MB of freespace on my memory stick. One issue I could think of is that possibly I have too many files on the root of my memory stick? After the downgrade the root was littered with like 60 .txt files.

Just remove the files you dont need eani of them after you downgrade ther just taking space and will not be used again:)

no_pulse
July 3rd, 2006, 09:11
Just got a couple of questions:

1. Is there any need to install 2.0 if you have 2.5 installed?
2. Once you've installed 2.5 is the DATA.PSAR still needed in the root directory or can it be deleted?

P.S. Thanks to everyone who has worked on devhook, Great Job!! :D

acn010
July 3rd, 2006, 09:13
Just got a few quick questions:

1. Is there any need to install 2.0 if you have 2.5 installed?
2. Once you've installed 2.5 is the DATA.PSAR still needed in the root directory or can it be deleted?
what version you got?

no_pulse
July 3rd, 2006, 09:14
My main firmware is 1.5 and I've installed 2.5 for devhook.

pspfan
July 3rd, 2006, 09:20
no_pulse, no you don't need 2.0 really. And you can delete the DATA.PSAR once you've run the installer.

no_pulse
July 3rd, 2006, 09:21
cheers mate, thought i'd check before I caused any serious problems :D

acn010
July 3rd, 2006, 09:21
yeah, your fully set now

no_pulse
July 3rd, 2006, 09:40
If I need to reformat my memory stick would it still work if I pasted all the files back on or would I have to reinstall the firmware?

Also if I wanted to use another memory stick could I copy the folders over to that aswell or would I have to start from scratch?

Accordion
July 3rd, 2006, 11:42
as long as all the files are present and correct it will work.

when you install, all you are doing is copying the correct files to your memory stick, there is no psp modification whatsoever.

best thing to do is just put the devhook app on a small memory stick (i got it on a 256mb) then just use that one for UMD playing and your most used homebrew, like links2 etc

Baboon
July 3rd, 2006, 12:09
I recently downgraded from 2.6 to 1.5 and I've got all the progs running that I wanted to, but I'm having some probs with Devhook.

The games I'm trying to run on UMD are Monster Hunter and Street fighter Alpha 3 (both are UK versions with 2.6 update). Has anbody got these games to work? ...or is it just me being a muppet?

1.5 rocks! :)

sonic reducer
July 3rd, 2006, 12:27
so is me and my katamari a yes or a no?

no_pulse
July 3rd, 2006, 13:40
as long as all the files are present and correct it will work.

when you install, all you are doing is copying the correct files to your memory stick, there is no psp modification whatsoever.

best thing to do is just put the devhook app on a small memory stick (i got it on a 256mb) then just use that one for UMD playing and your most used homebrew, like links2 etc

bullhead
July 3rd, 2006, 13:41
Is it possible to set this up on a MAC?
The readmes are all scrambled and I dont understand where an the memory stick the files go.

Dbgtgoten
July 3rd, 2006, 13:49
Well i downgraded from 2.6 to 1.5 and now i got probs setting up dev hook i did the firmware and everything once i go to start up a game and when i do the screen goes black and turns off anyone can give me advice i've tried ver. .22 .40 .41 and it doesn't work i would appreciate some help^^ i really wanna play my 2.00+ games again

no_pulse
July 3rd, 2006, 13:51
Have you tried reformatting your memory stick after downgrading because a few people have found that it has helped with homebrew loading problems..

EDIT: bullhead, have you got msn or irc? because I can talk you through it on either. PM me with ur details if u still need help.

reekoy_3
July 3rd, 2006, 14:23
Just remove the files you dont need eani of them after you downgrade ther just taking space and will not be used again:)

Thanks! This is very helpful, I couldn't find this info anywhere, even after hours of google.

mavsman4457
July 3rd, 2006, 14:51

I did this after I downgraded and it was fine but I'm wondering if we still need those files on the root of our memory stick after we've run DH installer and devhook is up and running.

Accordion
July 3rd, 2006, 14:52
the "dh" file goes in the root of the mem stick, the two files go in the GAME folder.

unfortunately i dont know anything about the firmware install as i got the first "illegal" release which was preinstalled with everything...

mavsman4457
July 3rd, 2006, 15:18
I'm talking about the DATASAR file or whatever it is.

no_pulse
July 3rd, 2006, 15:28
The DATA.PSAR file can be deleted from the root folder if u want.

cal360
July 3rd, 2006, 16:34
i'm using devhook with the wifi fix so i can use the web browser at 333 cpu. It works fully but for some reason my psp heats up increadibly and it feels like i'm holding a radiator, but the battery side of the psp is cool what causes this and is it damaging to my psp as with every other program i use never does this?

dkwan20
July 3rd, 2006, 20:51
once i start devhook, my psp resets and goes to the menu screen but there are no options (photos,music, movies, games etc..) theres just the regular psp backorund

whats going on??

Searching4me123
July 3rd, 2006, 21:01
hey how did everybody get a 2.6 game workin juss downgraded as well yea but i dont know how to play dbz and stuff

Squidman
July 4th, 2006, 01:39
ok for u Searching4me123, try and run the game, and it will prolly ask u to update or it will just run it....., post ur results, cause i want the game and want to know if it works.....

Ok, quick question, i did some snooping around on the ms after doing the installer and found a bunch of security certificates, i was wonderin' if we could somehow integrade them into a random homebrew game and run them on the higher FW's? It maybe easier than the risky downgrader, I'm thinking it could work, it is the security certificates for crying out loud!

^^I call dibs for credit if that works!:D

Searching4me123
July 4th, 2006, 05:51
ok for u Searching4me123, try and run the game, and it will prolly ask u to update or it will just run it....., post ur results, cause i want the game and want to know if it works.....

ok i'll try wish me luck

EDIT:no it didnt work kept askin to update

Dbgtgoten
July 4th, 2006, 11:55
no reformatting the memory card didn't work i wanna play my games but i need some way to fix it :(

amadeus
July 4th, 2006, 12:18
once i start devhook, my psp resets and goes to the menu screen but there are no options (photos,music, movies, games etc..) theres just the regular psp backorund

whats going on??

I got that the first time I used it.
Put a umd in the drive and you should be fine.

jogistyle
July 4th, 2006, 20:50
hello every1..i got a lill problem2, i can't run the usbhub by dev hook and lock my pc??? is there any settings before?? exactly it's connecting,4 example a newer spot game is running and freez by the start sector???and than nothing is goinon...can some1 help??thnx

pspfan
July 4th, 2006, 22:56
jogistyle, please explain that better.

travisisbum
July 5th, 2006, 00:10
I know that the Devhook only emulates upto 2.5 firmware, but Im also aware that it will play 2.6+ reliant games aswell. Does this mean that I will be able to play tekken dr with this method. I have 1.5 japanese PSP running the latest devhook. I would love to know if this is possible, rather than import the game and be unable to play it. Thanks.

borgamix123
July 5th, 2006, 02:00
ppl 0.42 version is out at least on pspupdates

pspfan
July 5th, 2006, 02:01
Yeah, just wait for jason to patch it again and it'll be here.

borgamix123
July 5th, 2006, 02:08
cant see great ads on this version but hey, if they say its 0.42 version

dkwan20
July 5th, 2006, 02:41
I got that the first time I used it.
Put a umd in the drive and you should be fine.

i do have a UMD in. :confused:

edit: nvm its working now , but one question do u have to redo the 2.50 settings everytime u start devhook?? when it reboots the psp??

PC 007
July 5th, 2006, 13:34
Are the links to the psp firmware from Wraggster JP?

Squidman
July 5th, 2006, 17:03
i do have a UMD in. :confused:

edit: nvm its working now , but one question do u have to redo the 2.50 settings everytime u start devhook?? when it reboots the psp??

Nope, only once.....the PSP thinks that it's new because it's the first time u were using that firmware, i completely forgot that when i decided to use 2.00 for some odd reason

steven1980cad
July 6th, 2006, 00:01
Hi All,

Downgrading yes it works.

I recently downgraded my factory 2.5 to 1.5 using Downgrader2.50-2.60ENFULL.exe from psp-hacks.
The 1.5 dump is already there, and i didnt upgrade to 2.6 before downgrading.

I also used devhook042a.rar to play my GTA UMD that req`d fw2.5. It runs like i have 2 psps a 1.5 and a 2.5 when i need it, its a great program.

At the moment everything is working perfect,

Overall its fantastic,
Thank you to all the coders. I know thats a lot of coders who`s ideas came together to make this work.

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 04:55
Has eany body gotten this massege. i just got Capcom Classic Colection and after using devhook it sayd upgrade automatically next time game used so i dare not use it now.

-LO-LEADER1
July 6th, 2006, 17:20
Hi every1...i was wondering about the whole 2.7 firmware dump because i have the data file and i was wondering if it would work. Is it that you can get the file and you just cant install it or what? Am i the olnly person able to dump the firmware 2.7? because the way you guys were talking about it seems like it was impossible to get it....So i have it.. can i use it and expect the dev install to run it properly?

M-Lin
July 6th, 2006, 18:37
Dev Hook 0.42 replaced my coldboot with the original psp bootsound and deleted my network connection options - this worries me about using it again - has anyone else experienced anything like this?

reekoy_3
July 6th, 2006, 19:26
This is probably a shot in the dirt, but does Monster Hunter Freedom load using this?
Before I downgrade, I want to make sure I can still play this game.

SweetFA
July 6th, 2006, 19:29
Hi every1...i was wondering about the whole 2.7 firmware dump because i have the data file and i was wondering if it would work. Is it that you can get the file and you just cant install it or what? Am i the olnly person able to dump the firmware 2.7? because the way you guys were talking about it seems like it was impossible to get it....So i have it.. can i use it and expect the dev install to run it properly?
Give it a go if you like :D

M-Lin
July 6th, 2006, 20:25
0.42a seems to be ok - coldboot & connection settings remain

Squidman
July 6th, 2006, 20:29
Dev Hook 0.42 replaced my coldboot with the original psp bootsound and deleted my network connection options - this worries me about using it again - has anyone else experienced anything like this?

To put it simply......it's like u've never used that firmware before, it doesn't look to the real FW because it can't....it's an emulated FW, so every thing is reset, if u still have the file on ur computer, then just look around for it on ur PSP folder and then replace it. (look around in the "dh" folder in the root of the ms)

I already asked this (do research d@mnit!), and there's a fix in all the updates from 2.6 to 2.71, so don't try it at all. But we r apparently extremely close to being able to use 2.6 with this any ways, so for the time being......don't do it.

The_It
July 6th, 2006, 23:44
ok, i tried installing devhook .42 andI think I did everything correctly, except im not too shure where to put all the folders on the memory card. I put the DH folder in the root of the memory stick and installed the two firmwares with the firmware installer. Then when I try and load it up with Devhook, my psp turns off. How do I get it to work?

The_It
July 6th, 2006, 23:52
hmm... I always seem to get it after asking the question :P. (i used the data.bin from gta in stead of taking data.psar out of the 2.00 update eboot (: )

Stejefferies
July 7th, 2006, 20:39
cant get the firmwares from megaupload any chance of alternative upload?

taiyoh
July 7th, 2006, 22:17
This is probably a shot in the dirt, but does Monster Hunter Freedom load using this?
Before I downgrade, I want to make sure I can still play this game.

It works for me:D

ACID
July 7th, 2006, 23:03
0.42a seems to be ok - coldboot & connection settings remain
fixet in .42b try that one:D

psplaya201
July 8th, 2006, 04:13
can some1 explain this to me cuz i don't get it i can't get it 2 work

Squidman
July 8th, 2006, 18:21
can some1 explain this to me cuz i don't get it i can't get it 2 work

Can u be a little more specific? That wuld help us help u....

reekoy_3
July 8th, 2006, 18:36
It works for me:D

Well, I tried it and it tells me i need to update to 2.6, while using DevHook. GTA works for me, but not this. Did you do anything differently to get MHF to work?

pspfan
July 8th, 2006, 21:34
He might not be running it from the UMD.

Anyway, 2.6 and 2.71 have been FULLY decrypted (they were waiting to decompress one last file, and they got it), so expect a new DevHook with 2.6 and/or 2.71 emulation :).

The_It
July 9th, 2006, 09:10
ok, when i put psp into sleep mode then turn it back on, when I try to load a game it will go to the white psp screen then turn off.

and if i put it into sleep while the game is on and turn it back on, there will be no sound and the psp will freeze on the next loading screen.

I tested this on infected, untold legends, and GTA.

I also get one error when i try to dump a data.psar from a 2.50 eboot. I had the same problem when doing it with the 2.00 eboot but I used the Data.bin from the GTA UMD instead, and that worked.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this error or tell me some games that have the 2.50 update files in the umd.

Also... does the dh folder go into
ms0:\ms_root\dh
or
ms0:\dh

The_It
July 9th, 2006, 09:35
I have fixed my own problem once again... oh wait a second... the fricking exit game with home button just froze on me! and there is a white bar on the bottom of the screen on the please wait screen! does anyone know what that means? ):<

this just in: i tested it using 2.00 and it still does the same thing.

The_It
July 9th, 2006, 10:40
I have come to the conclusion that this pile of crap will not work any better than this at this moment and it is not worth the time trying to figure out where the files go. Why doesn't someone with programming knowlage just make an autoinstalling exe file that will install a working version of devhook onto your psp so all you have to do is play the game.

SweetFA
July 9th, 2006, 14:20
I have come to the conclusion that this pile of crap will not work any better than this at this moment and it is not worth the time trying to figure out where the files go. Why doesn't someone with programming knowlage just make an autoinstalling exe file that will install a working version of devhook onto your psp so all you have to do is play the game.
I downloaded a fully setup 0.40 DevHook a couple of weeks ago and copied the firmware folders from that to the 0.41d version.
Very easy, try googling for that.

dragaron
July 9th, 2006, 16:11

It's not a pile of crap. You just havn't gained a good enough understanding of the program. Read through ALL of the forum pages and it should all make sence to you.

Accordion
July 9th, 2006, 17:36
its quite easy to get a preinstalled version
and this is probably one of the best apps around next to irshell

use the 0.41d version... it has better compatibility for now...until boosterincorporates thee 2.71(very soon)

Yasir Said
July 9th, 2006, 18:16
i canne see the big deal about irshell, i mean it looks good and all, but whats the point of all the wifi etc if it wont stream avi files, what would be the perfect application, ir shell + pimpstreamer in a big katamari ball

please tell me im missing something? ..this day has gone very slowly =(

dkwan20
July 9th, 2006, 18:33
does daxter work?? cause i keep getting an error (80something) and the game doesnt start

Yasir Said
July 9th, 2006, 18:44
-___- raising my hopes, yeah it does work

The_It
July 9th, 2006, 22:43
It's not a pile of crap. You just havn't gained a good enough understanding of the program. Read through ALL of the forum pages and it should all make sence to you.

yeah, i know, I just got angry because I spent 2 hours trying to fix that exit game bug I can't seem to get rid of. and to make it worse, my usb is faulty and my computer started to think that the psp was connected all the time even when it wasn't. At least I managed to get devhook to actually play the games and go into sleep mode, so I'll just leave it the way it is for a while.

mavsman4457
July 9th, 2006, 23:51
It will be such a glorious day when 2.71 is bootable through devhook. I can't imagine what it would be like to play flash games and view flash sites on my PSP.

Squidman
July 10th, 2006, 02:54
yeah, i know, I just got angry because I spent 2 hours trying to fix that exit game bug I can't seem to get rid of. and to make it worse, my usb is faulty and my computer started to think that the psp was connected all the time even when it wasn't. At least I managed to get devhook to actually play the games and go into sleep mode, so I'll just leave it the way it is for a while.

It freezes for me when i exit from Burnout and StarWars: Battlefront II ......but i just turn it off and don't really care.....as long as it turns on normally i'm happy:D

P.S.
Can't flippn' wait for emulated 2.71, that will be fun being able to boot evry game in existence until 2.72, or 2.75 or wut ever they call the next update.....

The_It
July 10th, 2006, 04:36
when will the emulated 2.71 be out anyways? a few weeks or a few months?

pspfan
July 10th, 2006, 04:51
Few days most likely...it's been decrypted we just need Booster to update DevHook.

lerocher
July 10th, 2006, 09:48
bonjour tout le monde (morning everybody...),
does "tekken dark resurection" work ?...i bought it yesterday but i don't know which loader i need to got it work...

Baboon
July 10th, 2006, 10:01
I really hope a new release for this program will support Datels 4g hard drive? ...without the use of any silly memory card swapping tricks to get it to work!

People have been saying that Datels brick is just too slow and that Devhook will never work with it, but I don’t believe this when other similar programmes (that aren’t as good as DH) do work fine.

Hopefully a fix (that works) will surface soon.

fistikuffs
July 10th, 2006, 18:45
Hi everybody I have a bit of a nooby question.:o

I can get this to work fine, no worries except that whenever i restart and go back to 1.5 and decide I haven't played enough GTA or whatever i have to run the firmware installer again. This doesn't bother me but some of the posts say that you can delete the data.psar file once the firware is installed but I cant:mad: Unless i reconnect to usb and put the file on my mem stick everytime i want to play GTA! Which seems pointless:(

Am i getting something wrong here?

ps Shadow Prophet: great guide thanks to your help i can play GTA on my newly downgraded 1.5 PSP:D :D :D

shibby420182
July 10th, 2006, 20:25
what would happen if you update firmware while you are emulating 2.5, i have Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror with 2.6 firmware upgrade. so if i load devhook .41b to load 2.5 and select 2.6 upgrade will it flash the NAND or will it flash the emulation? i dont want to mess with it too much, but if someone with more knowledge could work it out and tell me if it works.

Kramer
July 10th, 2006, 20:29
what would happen if you update firmware while you are emulating 2.5, i have Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror with 2.6 firmware upgrade. so if i load devhook .41b to load 2.5 and select 2.6 upgrade will it flash the NAND or will it flash the emulation? i dont want to mess with it too much, but if someone with more knowledge could work it out and tell me if it works.

devhook .43 just came out a few hours ago and it has full 2.6 emulation.

The_It
July 10th, 2006, 20:55
oooh where?

shibby420182
July 10th, 2006, 20:55
devhook .43 just came out a few hours ago and it has full 2.6 emulation.
thanks for the update, but it isnt loading. installed 2.6 just fine but when trying to load it goes to black screen and shuts off

Kramer
July 10th, 2006, 20:58
go to www.psp-hacks.com (http://www.psp-hacks.com) they probly got everything you need

The_It
July 10th, 2006, 21:05
EXCEPT the decrypted 2.6 firmware dump ):
Ill try looking around for it because I don't have a 2.6 psp anymore.

Kramer
July 10th, 2006, 21:11
http://www.planetpsp.org/news.php
they have everything you need you just have to register download stuff

shibby420182
July 10th, 2006, 21:11
i have 2.6 firmware but how do i get the reboot.bin that is required and must be copied manually

The_It
July 10th, 2006, 21:25
oooh i think i got it... go to the psp hacks website and then go to the comments about devhook 43 and there is a link that claims to have everything in it already

The_It
July 10th, 2006, 21:27
nevermind, i dragged and dropped everything into place, and tried to load up 2.6, but my psp just turned off.

I will try putting my versions of the 2.00 and 2.50 firmware dumps onto the dh folder, see if that makes a difference.

The_It
July 10th, 2006, 21:38
ok, it doesn't work, im going back to my old version.

shibby420182
July 10th, 2006, 22:16
http://www.planetpsp.org/news.php
they have everything you need you just have to register download stuff
this version had everything, i had 2.6 so the only thing i needed was the reboot.bin and that is there but this link is ready to drag and drop install

ACID
July 10th, 2006, 22:18
Devhook 0.43 is out man can it get eany better.

pimpjuice10
July 10th, 2006, 23:01
Devhook 0.43 is out man can it get eany better.
i kno right i just installed it this afternoon and works perfectly i missed 2.60 fo a while after i downgraded now i can have it back whenever

justinswood
July 11th, 2006, 08:00
I've never had 2.6 and just tried the loco roco demo UMD with devhook 0.43 and it works perfectly! Mad game.

Congratulations and well done to the dev team.

justinswood
July 11th, 2006, 08:02
Why is this not on the main page as seems like a massive advancement to me?

SweetFA
July 11th, 2006, 08:11
Why is this not on the main page as seems like a massive advancement to me?
Unlike the version attached to the start of this thread DH0.43 available elsewhere this would allow someone to run ISOs, this site doesn't want to be associated with piracy.

justinswood
July 11th, 2006, 08:21
Fair play, but still I big breakthough for anyone just wanting to play UMDs.

Also, I'd have thought that Sony would be slight more happy that people with 1.5 firmware can now buy newer UMDs as thats where the profit will come from + what with the new (2.5/2.6) downgrader - PSP will only be around and supported if people continue to buy the games.

Baboon
July 11th, 2006, 08:43
Do we know if the new version supports the Datel HD drive?

shadowprophet
July 11th, 2006, 09:13
Do we know if the new version supports the Datel HD drive? ive already checked into the newest version of devhook, 0.43 it supports firmware 2.6, Sadly tho its plauged with problems, Shutting psps down at random, No browser support. Some people cant eve nget it to load at all.
I suspect a fix by sometime tomorrow tho :)

Baboon
July 11th, 2006, 09:20
Ideal, thanks for the reply. Fingers crossed the next release will have it sorted. :)

SweetFA
July 11th, 2006, 17:47
ive already checked into the newest version of devhook, 0.43 it supports firmware 2.6, Sadly tho its plauged with problems, Shutting psps down at random, No browser support. Some people cant eve nget it to load at all.
I suspect a fix by sometime tomorrow tho :)
I downloaded a fixed version yesterday, it works great.

Kramer
July 11th, 2006, 17:51
i heard you have to set the clock to 222mhz for the browser

shibby420182
July 11th, 2006, 18:48
browser and wifi game play must be in 222 to work

Accordion
July 11th, 2006, 20:47
yes a fix was released

oh and i find i have to set that number address thing to the last one in the list

hmm, i bet no one understands what i just said...oh well...
it works great
metal gear acid 2 is incredible
my eyes sting from playing in 3d but it is so good

mavsman4457
July 11th, 2006, 20:54
I don't see any point in getting a new devhook until 2.71 is emulated as I don't have any 2.6 games.

MaKa9
July 11th, 2006, 20:55
quck question:

can devhook play cso files(compressed iso)
I backed up some of my games and I want them all on ms

Gargantula
July 12th, 2006, 04:38
I read on another web site, that when emulating, that you should not charge your psp , because it will overheat. Is that true?

Also, that the wifi/browser won't work in above normal CPU speeds. Why is that?

Will these issues be possible to fix? I mean the program is amazing so far, but it can get better. 2.71 firmware emulation is coming soon! Woohoo! :)

Kaiser
July 12th, 2006, 05:11
No ISO discussion MaKa9.

I read on another web site, that when emulating, that you should not charge your psp , because it will overheat. Is that true?

Sounds like a myth to me but it may be better to be safe and follow certain myths around devhook and downgraders. Its better to be safe then sorry (and bricked).

Gargantula
July 12th, 2006, 18:34
Thanks Kaiser, has anyone else had issues with overheating? I tried the WiFi with 333MHz and I got the "An internal error has occured" error, so it does not work for sure other than 222 MHz, I wonder why...

I love the 333MHz even though it drains the battery (Sony needs to make a battery that lasts 4 times the length of the stock battery already...sigh), Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories runs so much better than before, but I like to play with my PSP plugged in, but because of the potential overheating issue, I don't know how much I can play before I will have to wait to charge in my PSP back at 1.5.

The_It
July 12th, 2006, 21:31
how close is 2.71 to being emulated with devhook?

Kramer
July 12th, 2006, 21:50
no one knows except for booster and whoever is helping him out

mcvader
July 13th, 2006, 04:13
i've got the new devhook 0.43 and have set up the firmware in the same way it states in shadowprophets excellent tutorial at the start of this thread and my PSP just goes to a black screen and then turns off, do you have to do something different with this latest release or am i just using the wrong Firmware files? (I downloaded the 2.6 US eboot from pspbrew.com and have applied the fix)fw2.0 and fw2.5 still work fine.

update,
i've found a version that is already set up and am downloading now hopefully it will work with no probs:)

The_It
July 13th, 2006, 08:45
If anyone else thinks this it too confusing, this devhook has everything you need to play 2.60 firmware.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/622

It has a custom loading screen, but the psp doesn't crash when you put it in sleep mode or exit a umd with the home button. It is the only one that I have found that you can just drag and drop right onto the memory stick, but I don't feel like looking anymore now that I finally found something that works.

tophead420
July 13th, 2006, 09:44
k in having a bit of trouble with this im trying to play gta lcs but it freezes on the boot screen then crashes may its becuz i dont have 2.5 on it yet hmmmmm thats probly why well ill put that on there and ill get back to you guys if thats my prob im just in a hurry to play gta again since i downgraded from 2.6

EDIT;; yup thats wut it was hmmm i geuss im a duma** after all lol and just wondering but would the cheat device work on emulated fw or wud this result in a brick hmmm i dont know but could sumone tell me if it would

EDIT:: k i tyred this and i luv dev hook i can once again play gta and not only that i can use the cheat device with it so for anyone with a 1.5 that wants to try the cheat device for gta and never has bc it was for 2.5 an 2.6 i can confirm it it works with dev hook :D :D :D

Baboon
July 13th, 2006, 10:54
If anyone else thinks this it too confusing, this devhook has everything you need to play 2.60 firmware.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/622

It has a custom loading screen, but the psp doesn't crash when you put it in sleep mode or exit a umd with the home button. It is the only one that I have found that you can just drag and drop right onto the memory stick, but I don't feel like looking anymore now that I finally found something that works.

Does GTA work with this version?

I cant try this till i finish work later, but I'm guessing that it propably doesnt work with Datels harddrive? ...boo hoo , sniff. :(

PSPhelper
July 13th, 2006, 16:49
will this work on a psp downgraded using MPH downgrader??? I've tried but it keeps on freezing!!! Would be great if someone could help me.

Squidman
July 13th, 2006, 17:30
Ok, i DLed 0.43, but i got the full one ready to use and everything made by some guy called Chaos Zero (i don't know what he has done coding wise) and it works perfectly!

I've been using the PSP on 333MHz with the web browser playing 2.6 games, using the RSS channel...and ofcourse enjoying the awsomely redone game boot video and music done by this Chaos Zero person.

P.S.
Just ask if u want to know how i got the RSS working without the fix (wich doesn't work for me)

P.S.S.
the full one by Chaos Zero was released later on in the day on the 10th

SweetFA
July 13th, 2006, 20:59
I'm sure no-one is interested but Devhook 0.44 is out which emulates 2.71!

Accordion
July 13th, 2006, 21:46
Yesssssss
Brilliant

Kramer
July 13th, 2006, 22:22
yeah i got the new one its wicked does anybody know what downloadable demos are out except for loco roco

keithush
July 16th, 2006, 12:44
I tried the new vesion of DevHook 0.44 Fully Setup and I couldn't get it to work correctly. I had King Kong working on version .43 but not on ver .44. I changed it back to .43 and it works ok. Now if I could only find a dummies guide to getting Daxter the game to work!

OK I tried again and again and finally managed to get King Kong to work with ver.44. Off to try Daxter now.

keithush
July 16th, 2006, 14:55
Still can't get Daxter to work it goes through the motions but then I get "The game could not be started. (80020148) Any ideas?

keithush
July 17th, 2006, 19:34
what is this the Mary celiste. I can't believe I am the only person here. Oh well never mind I guess I will just leave messages here for myself then.

I managed to get another iso of daxter and I got it to work using dhook ver .43. YEAH

I would have been much happier it the version had been in English instead of Spanish. Now before someone says you can change the language at start up I have to tell you that it has been ripped and that option doesn't exist. I guess I will try to rip it again and install the English files. Wish me luck!