PDA

View Full Version : NeoGeo Emulation on Dreamcast: Neo4All Starter Kit v1

Christuserloeser
June 30th, 2006, 15:21
I've prepared a starter kit for those of you that didn't have luck with getting Neo4All/AES (http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/Neo4All-AES) or Neo4All/CD (http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/Neo4All) to work on their Dreamcast:

Neo4All Starter Kit v1 Download (http://www.dcevolution.net/dsdevelopment/large/CE/Neo4All-Starter-Kit-v1.zip)

The package contains a ready-to-burn image of Neo4All/AES (for swapping with your ROMdisks), a precompiled DreamInducer disc containing all the latest NeoGeo emus for Dreamcast (you only need to add the BIOS), all needed tools to convert your games for Neo4All/AES - like the complete set of available prefetches for large NeoGeo games, the latest ROMRC version and ncGUI for Windows - PLUS BootDreams for burning DiscJuggler Dreamcast discs and even a fine selection of some great NeoGeo homebrew games for NeoGeoCD and MVS/AES (arcade/cartridge).

I'll try to update this package whenever time permits, so please leave some comments to help me improving it.

Darksaviour69
June 30th, 2006, 16:18
nice one christuserloeser

Baboon
June 30th, 2006, 16:20
Thats great, thank you very much!

Ive got snes, mega drive, mame and scummn working, but i havent had much luck with neo geo on the dreamcast (which is weird cause it works fine on my psp).

I'll ty this when i get the chance.

Cheers chap. :)

ron
July 1st, 2006, 19:41
Thx for the compilation Christ

Christuserloeser
July 2nd, 2006, 11:19
Thanks for the comments guys :)

I had to upload a Bugfixed Version!

- Fixed the AES4All-Test-Disc.cdi (replaced with a working one)
- Updated BootDreams with brandnew v1.0

Please download again. Sorry for the inconvienience.

Baboon
July 3rd, 2006, 11:15
After trying this over the weekend, im very pleased to report that I now have Neo Geo working on my Dreamcast! :)

Thanks again for posting this starter kit, things just didnt seem to work before I had this.

Ta

Christuserloeser
July 4th, 2006, 23:22
Ah, that's great to hear. Glad it helped you! :)

mykenytemare
July 14th, 2006, 00:32
Ok...are there two sfix files???

...or were you just showing that ng-sfix needs to be renamed sfix for it to work?

Christuserloeser
July 15th, 2006, 21:46
No, there are really two files with the same content.

Seems to be odd, but it works. :)

KISSER
July 31st, 2006, 06:41
question : I've tried a ton of times to run this emu, and I've download an already image of a disc with roms from somewhere, but my DC doesn't read this and some times this emu makes my DC don't allow it to read discs.
Is this normal or some DCs don't support the emu ?
( excuse my bad english plz )

JKKDARK
July 31st, 2006, 14:50
question : I've tried a ton of times to run this emu, and I've download an already image of a disc with roms from somewhere, but my DC doesn't read this and some times this emu makes my DC don't allow it to read discs.
Is this normal or some DCs don't support the emu ?
( excuse my bad english plz )
lol not here. We don't support piracy.

KISSER
July 31st, 2006, 16:41
I tried to say : can this emu doesn't work on some DCs ?

Christuserloeser
July 31st, 2006, 20:03
No, I doubt this is the case. I assume your Dreamcast is getting old... Maybe try carefully cleaning the lense ?

Do you have problems with other homebrew/emus too ?

KISSER
August 1st, 2006, 05:37
sometimes at trying to load an Atari 800XL emu. I have 4 copies of it. Every 20 tries my DC runs it.
I've make the CD for the Neo Geo emu and nothing happens. I've obtained an already image with roms and all and nothing. Just those Cds make suffer the lens :(

With other emus there's no prb ( SNES, NES, GB, Genesis, etc. ) Just this I can't run it :( .

Dammit, I always want to have Metal Slug 1 & 2 , SVc Chaos, Real Bout Special and samurai Spirits 4 in my DC :(

Christuserloeser
August 1st, 2006, 11:55
Well, with Neo4All/AES, bigger games (like SvC) won't be perfectly playable. Try Neo4All/CD for Real Bout Special or Samurai Shodown 4. Metal Slug 1/2 runs very good Neo4All/AES, but with Neo4All/CD it runs perfect.

Some questions:

1. Did you burn anything for your Dreamcast yourself before ?

2. Did you try burning the included 'AES4All-Test-Disc.cdi' file ?

3. What programm are you using for burning ? I recommend Alcohol120% or BootDreams.

4. Do you have downloaded this Starter Kit right when it was available ? or just recently ?

I am asking this because I uploaded a fixed version two days after the initial release. (The link is still the same.)

KISSER
August 17th, 2006, 04:07
Well, with Neo4All/AES, bigger games (like SvC) won't be perfectly playable. Try Neo4All/CD for Real Bout Special or Samurai Shodown 4. Metal Slug 1/2 runs very good Neo4All/AES, but with Neo4All/CD it runs perfect.
I already have them , byt this emu doesn't has sound :(

Some questions:

1. Did you burn anything for your Dreamcast yourself before ?
Yes, my NES, GBA, NEO-CD, Neo Geo Pocket and GB-GBC - Super Famicast - Mame4All - Single MAME games -Genesis emus.

2. Did you try burning the included 'AES4All-Test-Disc.cdi' file ?
Yes...

3. What programm are you using for burning ? I recommend Alcohol120% or BootDreams.
I tried with that and Nero.

4. Do you have downloaded this Starter Kit right when it was available ? or just recently ?
About 2,5 months ago.

I am asking this because I uploaded a fixed version two days after the initial release. (The link is still the same.)

I tried now, but nothing ... :(