PDA

View Full Version : Ubi urges PS3 price drop in 2007

wraggster
June 30th, 2006, 20:06
Ubisoft sees a bright future for the next gen over in the US, with the company predicting that next-gen systems will fly off the shelves over the next couple of years and its market forecast for 2008 saying that nearly 40 million consoles will be shifted in the US during that year.

However, speaking to financial site Bloomberg, company president Yves Guillemot predicted that, while demand for the PS3 in the US this year will be exceptionally high due to gamers' expectations, Sony should rapidly drop its PS3 price in 2007 if it intends to win the fight against Microsoft.

It's certainly a fair point and, after riding the rush of initial adopters, Sony will almost certainly have to adjust its pricing policy on the next-gen machine if it wants to reach the massive audience it did with PS2 and remain competitive against the 360. Guillemot's comments also add weight to Bill Gates' argument that 2007 will be the crucial year when the next-gen battle is decided.

Still, it seems things are looking up for the Ubis, with several major series like Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia under its belt and a raft of new titles like Assassin's Creed and Red Steel exciting interest across next-gen formats. Ubisoft isn't done either, with Guillemot saying that it was quite probable the company would add to its portfolio by acquiring new franchises and studios along the way as it shapes up for more next-gen goodness.

Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=142305)

alucard001
July 1st, 2006, 02:55
i have a summer job and im only 14! i get payed $200 bucks a week so i am definetly getting a ps3 even if it does cost $600 dollars