PDA

View Full Version : No online Carbon for Wii

wraggster
June 30th, 2006, 20:53
Need for Speed Carbon, the latest in EA's street racing series, will not be playable online for Nintendo's new console, Wii.

NFS Carbon will support online play for PS2, Xbox, PS3 and 360, but won't be available to Wii owners, according to US magazine Game Informer.

It has also come to light that Carbon will not make use the motion sensing capabilities of either the Wii remote or the PS3 joypad. Publisher EA apparently has concerns over gamer fatigue, what with will all the hand waving. And we can't have out of breath gamers, now, can we.

Via Gamesradar (http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/wii/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=200606301631115054&sectionId=1006)

fackue
June 30th, 2006, 21:09
I hope this doesn't happen at the time...

Video_freak
July 1st, 2006, 11:15
i guess i understand that it could tire out gamers, but they could have incorporated the motion sensing in some way (like nintendo with that truck game coming out for the wii)

hddvd
July 2nd, 2006, 02:02
EA is too lazy. Thats all.

masterpaul
July 2nd, 2006, 10:39
Lazy like hell. No wonder nobody buys EA stuff.

Fifa DS World Cup. They wearn't even bothered to do smooth animation or do a proper ending when you get the world cup.

NFS: Most Wanted DS. They wearn't even bothered to do proper cars.

The Hombrew Hunter
July 2nd, 2006, 14:17
Feh. I feel this game's gonna fall in the pit of failure at launch. NFS was never entertaining on my part.

As long as Nintendo isn't like this for Mario Kart, I'm cool with it.

And a lot of people buys EA's stuff. Little douchebags in my school who are obsessed with sports, who will harass a gamer who plays DS before school starts buys EA's games.

Their harrassment doesn't trouble me most of the time. Sometimes I'll get really pissed if they don't stop because their voices make me feel sick, for some reason. I tackled one of them once.

Though a future racing game could be cooler with the Wii-mote. Someone could turn it left or right to steer left or right!

DemoniusX
July 4th, 2006, 06:18
yeah, Who really needs NFS when you can have a fun racing game like MK. I like Some NFS but if they are going to be ignorant on the Wii stand point then I can easily forget the series.