PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO Emulator for PSP beta 3 (Neogeo MVS Emulator for PSP Released)

wraggster
June 30th, 2006, 21:32
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/#download_alpha)has released yet another new version of his NeoGeo Emulator for the PSP:

Heres the google translation:

Because there is a serious bug in connection with the memory of Z80, it renewed.
 Furthermore, because now the correspondence of Universal BIOS v2.0/v2.1 was abolished from version, Please acknowledge.As for the modification point please read readme.txt.

* Lightly it operated verified, but problem improbable kana.
 Temporarily, because future schedule (it is something which relates to also NCDZPSP, being parallel, job).
 1. Correction of timer processing. (Completion)
 Correction of 2.Z80 core.
 3. Correction of sound processing. (Completion?)
To here the following release (RC1 schedule) with it becomes at the point in time when correction completes.Perhaps, because equivalent hours are required, please wait patiently.

With the feeling which was verified with [saundotesuto], as for the coming where also tempo of tune passes the feeling which is almost cancelled?
 Does not become, as for the drum of [kurosusuodo] and like the cymbal how.

Anyway Download and Give Feedback/Compatibility Via The Comments

SINIStER
June 30th, 2006, 21:45
NJ never seazes to amaze!!!Thanks NJ for your dedicated work,it is MUCH appreciated.:)

mr_nick666
June 30th, 2006, 21:55
God bless google translations! :p
Great release though! :)

fucht017
June 30th, 2006, 22:14
Like i sad before...The unibios cheatmenu works great...And the crackling noise at the opening credits from Samurai Sprits are solved...:D NJ for president!

sappo
June 30th, 2006, 22:15
People, SAUNDOTESUTO is Sound Test. :) And KUROSUSUODO is Cross Sword (?). :P

With the feeling which was verified with -[saundotesuto]-, as for the coming where also tempo of tune passes the feeling which is almost cancelled?
 Does not become, as for the drum of -[kurosusuodo]- and like the cymbal how.

Zombo
June 30th, 2006, 22:20
How do people get cheat menu's?(All I want them is for King Of The Monsters 1 &2)

10shu
June 30th, 2006, 22:30
do u need to convert all the romz or only the big one?

V3N0M
June 30th, 2006, 22:36
This is Neo Geo so no one is confused. Not Neo Geo CDZ.

fucht017
June 30th, 2006, 22:45
When tou are "in game" press start and select together...if you have a unibios in youre bios zipp, a menu will pop up "the cheat database" is the one for cheats;)

Lumir
June 30th, 2006, 22:47
So can anyone explain whats exactly different in this version? Is there sound for roms such as gouro and metal slug 3-5?

Please specify.

Zombo
June 30th, 2006, 22:48
Yeah it zipped in the neogeo folder but the Unibios options are shaded in gray,and nothing pops up when I load the games.

EDIT:Also,if possible,can anyone show or tell me everything they had in Metal Slug 3?

fucht017
June 30th, 2006, 22:58
The big once like Last Blade, Samsho4 etc,has no sound still...But what i have read in other forms is ,that it is not possible to have fully working ram monsters like Metal slug5 with perfect sound and framerates...but with those talented people,nothing seems impossible;)

E.J.
June 30th, 2006, 22:58
Im Getting "Bios not found", but the neogeo.zip is in PSP/GAME/ngepsp/roms and i know it's the right one because it was working with beta1......

Very Strange.... :confused:

migsgiz
June 30th, 2006, 22:59
Like i sad before...The unibios cheatmenu works great...And the crackling noise at the opening credits from Samurai Sprits are solved...:D NJ for president!
PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW U GOT THE UNI-BIOS TO WORK WITH BETA 3 B/C THEY DONT SHOW UP FOR ANYGAMES
PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG!

fucht017
June 30th, 2006, 23:04
you must search or google for new unibios files...When you are in unibios menu in Beta 3, you see the ones you need, ie "Unibios MVS ver 1.0" for example...good luck;)

gunntims0103
June 30th, 2006, 23:11
i owned a neogeo way back the only game i played for it was metal slug any good games ppl could recommend this isnt the cdz version of neogeo i suppose

Zombo
June 30th, 2006, 23:19
I already got the bios from another site and they still don't work.

Nobunaga
June 30th, 2006, 23:25
For those who are having trouble with the bios: v2.0 and 2.1 don't work. The older ones do. it's just like he said in the explenation above.

fucht017
June 30th, 2006, 23:33
Guys youre unibios file name for instance is "uni-bios.rom"..delete the name rom an put in the number of the unibios..1.2 or 1.3...so youre unibios file name now is "uni-bios.12"..where the 12 stands for 1.2...;)

Zombo
June 30th, 2006, 23:38
Thank You Nobunaga,Thank god too, now I won't have my ass handed to me and back in King Of The Monsters 2.Now all I need is Metal Slug 3 and im good!

fucht017
June 30th, 2006, 23:43
But don't change uni-bios 1.3 in 1.0 for instance...If you downloaded unibios 1.2...unzip it, and if it look like this "uni-bios.rom" edited in "uni-bios.12"..;)

SINIStER
July 1st, 2006, 00:27
Ok after you dload your unibios(preferably 1.3)unzip it then drag and drop the bios into your neogeo.zip...it's that easy.Now if you want all versions of these bios follow fucht017's instructions.

AlinayG
July 1st, 2006, 00:35
Man neogeo looks like it would own on my psp, but i dont know the first thing about Neogeo emus & roms...i got a few questions =/

Is it NeoGeo CD or just reg. Neogeo?

How to Rename Bio so they work with Beta 3 ?

And do the Bios have to be in .zip format?

ty :3

ps: iam useing unibios 1.3 unzipped

grit
July 1st, 2006, 00:54
Ganryu is working now!
Prehistoric Island 2 is workin now too! - (a bit slow)
Ninja Commando is full speed now!

Well, thanx NJ!

ps: I have the problem with mslug3. Some CPU rom missing..

AlinayG
July 1st, 2006, 01:06
Well i think i finaly got the bios to work, but when i tryed to load mslug3.zip this is what it tells me :

Checking ROM info...
ROM set "mslug3".
This game only work without sound.
ERROR: CRC32 not correct. "Europ MVS (Ver. 2)"
Press any button.

I dont know what any of that means...can anyone help? =/

Night-Wolf
July 1st, 2006, 01:15
Well i think i finaly got the bios to work, but when i tryed to load mslug3.zip this is what it tells me :

Checking ROM info...
ROM set "mslug3".
Press any button.

I've got exactly the same problem, can someone help us?

SINIStER
July 1st, 2006, 01:23

Checking ROM info...
ROM set "mslug3".
Press any button.

You need to create a cache file using the converter that came with beta3 then put the cache file in the negpsp cache folder.

kubatilles
July 1st, 2006, 01:57
Hi dudes.
This is my first post, so Hi to everyone!, it's not that I'm new to this, I've been playing with psp homebrew since some time ago now, but I never felt the need to write one. Today I've tried this NeoGeo MVS emu from NJ and I have to admit I'm impressed (I didn't test the previous betas and alphas but this beta 3 works like a champ). Kudos to NJ.
The only problem I have is with Spinmaster it loads Ok, but then after the NeoGeo ProGear Spec startup screen I get a blank screen and nothing else will happen, I can only quit to the emu menu again. Is it a known problem with the emu or have I done sth wrong?
Kiitos.:)

AlinayG
July 1st, 2006, 02:04
You need to create a cache file using the converter that came with beta3 then put the cache file in the negpsp cache folder.

thanks man, now it works super good ^^

iam getten about 50 fps on mslug3 :D

any other good games out there?

Illegal Machine
July 1st, 2006, 02:20
no, there are NO other good games out for that system.

Just Metal Slug 3

V3N0M
July 1st, 2006, 02:32
I can't seem to get any of my roms working with this version. The older version worked whats changed? It tells me that the file name is inncorrect.

mameuser
July 1st, 2006, 02:53
Oh it now support AES BIOS

ACID
July 1st, 2006, 04:06
no, there are NO other good games out for that system.

Just Metal Slug 3

Hi confusemi did you just say the only good neogeo game is metal slug 3 are you insane they are all great.

SINIStER
July 1st, 2006, 04:18
^^^You took the words right out of my mouth Acidburn05.

Zombo
July 1st, 2006, 04:23
Agreed Acid!

FINALLY got Metal Slug 3 working!(Now if we can just get sound) >_>

Cap'n 1time
July 1st, 2006, 04:33
Hi confusemi did you just say the only good neogeo game is metal slug 3 are you insane they are all great.

gots to agree with the acid man. Aero Fighters 2 and 3 are cool, Everyone loves Samuri Showdown! Some people (like myself) like Last Blade better then SS! KOF rules, BLAZING STAR rules! actually, I havnt yet played a neogeo game I havnt gott'n at least some enjoyment out of yet. To say Neo Geo has no good games, is to say you have no taste in games. :)

ACID
July 1st, 2006, 04:34
I mean if he doesn't like neogeo only metal slug 3 then he is crazy first of theres 6 metal slug version if we count the best one witch is X and all the fighting games and shooters
To say more i have spent thousands trying to get the entire collection and even though i love metal slug i only have one cartrige cause they are way expensive 1000usd and up so that will definately be mi last to look for:)

ACID
July 1st, 2006, 04:56
I have a ??? i downloaded this version from there web mi question is is this a newer version then the one they have on there web cause i am still using the same bios and they work great and i heard something about having to used the uni-bios

Nobunaga
July 1st, 2006, 06:42
Hi dudes.
This is my first post, so Hi to everyone!, it's not that I'm new to this, I've been playing with psp homebrew since some time ago now, but I never felt the need to write one. Today I've tried this NeoGeo MVS emu from NJ and I have to admit I'm impressed (I didn't test the previous betas and alphas but this beta 3 works like a champ). Kudos to NJ.
The only problem I have is with Spinmaster it loads Ok, but then after the NeoGeo ProGear Spec startup screen I get a blank screen and nothing else will happen, I can only quit to the emu menu again. Is it a known problem with the emu or have I done sth wrong?
Kiitos.:)

What bios are you using? Try to use a different one.

odino
July 1st, 2006, 09:21
One small bug in samurai shodown 3, the jump causing some slowdown... with beta 2 its perfect

oblivioner
July 1st, 2006, 11:13
To all that are having the bios not working bug, even with the neogeo.zip in the rom folder, this is an incredibly stupid bug. Just install the emulator again but don't rename the folders so that it deletes the corrupt icon in the psp menu, let it be there and it will work.

In any case, the emulator is mindblowing, thanks to NJ for this, I can't wait for the release candidate :o

shinysuitman
July 1st, 2006, 20:54
To all that are having the bios not working bug, even with the neogeo.zip in the rom folder, this is an incredibly stupid bug. Just install the emulator again but don't rename the folders so that it deletes the corrupt icon in the psp menu, let it be there and it will work.

In any case, the emulator is mindblowing, thanks to NJ for this, I can't wait for the release candidate :o

works like a charm. what a stupid little bug:(

wilbur
July 2nd, 2006, 13:19
Wrote this on ather thread and thought it might be useful to some.

to get playing on Beta 4 (tested on FW1.5):

-Download Beta 4

-Download MAME versions of the neo geo titles you own and want to play and place them (zipped) in the roms folder in memstick

(Memstick>psp>game>ngepsp>Roms)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ngepsp%

-Download neo geo bios (MVS/mame) and place zipped in roms folder as above

-Download AES and UNIBIOS roms (vrsns 1.00 - 1.2 only), unzip and drag into this zipped neo geo bios rom in roms folder

-place zipped converter program (found in BETA 4 dwnld) into seperate folder + run the converter exe program by double clicking it (then find rom you want to convert and click)

-place the files that appear in the converter >cache folder into memstick Cache folder

(Memstick>psp>game>ngepsp>Cache)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ngepsp%

-put it in the beast and start playing

wilbur
July 2nd, 2006, 16:15
by the way, there's a release candidate just come out on the download site;

http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html#download

haven't tested it yet, but it seems so soon after beta 4 nj can't have done too much more

ACID
July 2nd, 2006, 17:26
NJ just keeps pilling it on thats great.

Gazz021
July 2nd, 2006, 21:16
i ve converted gpilots rom and put cache rom in the right psp folder,but when i go to run the rom it says gpilots error crc32 not correct.europe MVS ver.2. p:( lease help