PDA

View Full Version : Can Talkman help you score with foreigners?

wraggster
June 30th, 2006, 23:01
Via Gamespot (http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/profile/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-24594010&user=guy_cocker)

When I met up with Sony a couple of months ago, they told me about a couple of upcoming games that really piqued my interest. The first was LocoRoco, which was every bit as good as I'd hoped. The second was Talkman, which didn't turn out to be quite as good.

The story of Talkman's conception is still an interesting one though. Apparently, the game's Japanese designer wanted a way of chatting up a Spanish girl that he liked, as he didn't speak the language. The result--a rather basic interactive PSP phrasebook starring a big blue bird--can recognise what you're saying and translate it into one of six languages.

I've reviewed the game for the site, but I thought I should also put his original design brief to the test. Luckily, I work in a big tourist area of London, and finding a Spanish girl isn't that difficult. Watch my hapless attempts to remain a gentleman as 'how are you today?' is turned into 'do you want to come to my apartment?' by the randy blue bird.

Check out the vid at the link above

Gizmo356
June 30th, 2006, 23:03
yes it can im going to europe and get some hot girls there rite now