PDA

View Full Version : DCFreeDev 1.2 Release

DCEmu_Newsposter
September 18th, 2004, 07:30
This news is actually quite late, (my fault for being lazy and also i didnt know what was new :P)[br][br]Propeller yesterday told me what was new with DC FreeDev which for those who dont know is a Dev Environment for both the GP32 and Dreamcast and a very useful one at that because it features support for Chankast too.[br][br]Heres what was new in the last release:[br][br] *New, reworked and tested templates. [br]* Chankast support for homebrew executables. Una-i from the Chankast team worked with me to bring the Dreamcast emulation to program testing. Debugging is going to be implemented on future releases. [br]* USB support for Gp32. Now you can get your executables uploaded right after a succesful compilation. [br]* More documentation. Now you have some ARM and SH4 docs available at the ftp, plus some nice tutorials for the IDE. [br]* Dreamcast binaries are automatically generated. Just burn them and you're done! [br][br]Download it at the Official English Mirror at DC Homebrew (http://www.dchomebrew.org/dcfreedev.shtml) [br][br]Any questions can be directed to this thread for the Author to help your understanding out.

Shapyi
September 18th, 2004, 13:42
I don't see 1.2, I can only find 1.1.2. Where is it?

wraggster
September 18th, 2004, 20:19
1.1.2 is 1.2 :)

Can DCFreedev take a source and compile it into a binary?

/me is not a devver you see :)

Tiri
September 19th, 2004, 00:19
when i try to compile the basic templete for dreamcast it says dreamcast.o missing...i was wondering where i could get this file cause im just startin to learn to program

charlie
September 19th, 2004, 01:39
Good luck finding out the dreamcast.o problem. I have the same problem, and have been asking around over at the gp32spain boards. Either they are just a) ignoring me b) don't know the answer therefore ignoring me or c) can't understand what I am saying so they are ignoring me. Anycase, I was totally pumped and ready to start DC dev'ing, but now I am turned off due to lack of community support for this tool that is supposedly made to make things easier for people jumping in. (Can ya tell I'm bitter? I had some pre-lim artwork, a design doc, and even makings of my own redering engine ready to go...until the compiling problems)

Tiri
September 19th, 2004, 01:43
ya i have been trying to solve the problem but i cant see to find out its makin me mad and i was all ready to try and do some dc devvin also

quzar
September 19th, 2004, 07:40
gcc+cygwin... its the way to go...

GPF
October 16th, 2004, 03:36
Chankast support for homebrew executables. Una-i from the Chankast team worked with me to bring the Dreamcast emulation to program testing. Debugging is going to be implemented on future releases.

Anyone give any details on this? Is Chankast version different than the latest released version?

Currently I use a bat files, and vbs file to build a cd image with mkisof and then it launches Chankast and uses vbs to start it.

Thanks,
Troy

wraggster
October 16th, 2004, 03:52
i couldnt get this to install on my pc, threw up some strange error

Artchi
October 24th, 2004, 08:14
I wanted to install the DCFreeDev but it doesn't work. I get an error message from the installer. The problem is that I can't change the installation drive. >:( It's hard coded that it only installs at the C: drive but I don't have a C: drive. I have only a G: harddrive! :P I'm not joking! ;D

Why can't I change the installation drive? ???

Saoshyant
October 24th, 2004, 08:31
Apparently aside quzar no one seems to have gotten it into working. Especially compiling errors. New version is needed soon. No new features, bug fixes and compatibility should be the priority for now.

elefas
October 24th, 2004, 14:09
worked fine for me too.

wraggster
October 24th, 2004, 14:23
ihave a c drive now so ill give it another go

q_006
December 29th, 2004, 10:34
ok... i'm not understanding....
how come i'm getting about 15 errors messages saying things like:
"kos.h" is not included, or usleep is an undeclared function?

what do i have to do to make it compile correctly?

q_006
December 31st, 2004, 13:15
well ... i got it halfway working.
i don't get any error when compiling and linking.
but when i try to run a program other than the one that came with DFD it doesn't run. DFD+Chankast only runs the default program.

how do i fix it?

PS2Atari
December 31st, 2004, 14:41
Good luck finding out the dreamcast.o problem. *I have the same problem, and have been asking around over at the gp32spain boards. Either they are just a) ignoring me b) don't know the answer therefore ignoring me or c) can't understand what I am saying so they are ignoring me. *Anycase, I was totally pumped and ready to start DC dev'ing, but now I am turned off due to lack of community support for this tool that is supposedly made to make things easier for people jumping in. *(Can ya tell I'm bitter? I had some pre-lim artwork, a design doc, and even makings of my own redering engine ready to go...until the compiling problems)

If your using windows, and it looks like it, I recomed following this tut if you want to dev for DC:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/devcconfig.shtml

it was pretty easy to for me, and once you get the three examples to work, your in business.

please note: when you set up the compiler like it says in the tut, remove all the previous directories before adding the new ones.

if your project doesnt compile, in the project file manenger on the left, right click on the project, choose properties and change the compiler settings there too.

make sure to comment out the dc-tool lines in the make file, if your dont want to send the file to dc via coders calbe each time you compile (the compiliation will hang, until dctool exists).

if it still wont compile, again under project options, choose to exclusively use the makfile provided, instead of having DevCpp build a makefile + your own..

anyway thats what got me started, good luck!

Mekanaizer
December 31st, 2004, 18:49
hi

PS2Atari, great that my tut is helping you. :)

for that i will release a new tut plus a new devpack in a week!

thanks for that!

-Mekanaizer-

ps: L@cible i didn't forgot you dude! ;)

PS2Atari
January 1st, 2005, 16:06
hi

PS2Atari, great that my tut is helping you. :)

for that i will release a new tut plus a new devpack in a week!

thanks for that!

Great!, your welcome.