PDA

View Full Version : [Release] Battery Warning Plugin V0.2 - Now works with custom themes!

Zack
January 4th, 2010, 23:43
Via Retroemu.com (http://www.retroemu.com/forum/index.php?/topic/165-release-battery-warning-plugin-v02-now-works-with-custom-themes/page__pid__1274__st__0&#entry1274)

Hey guys!

About : Battery Warning plugin is a PSP plugin that pops up a message on screen when your battery reaches 15% or less charge. Works in VSH/GAME + Homebrew Games & Apps.

So I finally got chance to do some programming again. I would firstly like to apologise to all custom theme users for not checking compatibility with CXMB before releasing the first version. I'm not one for releasing crapware so I am sorry. I have since installed CXMB and a custom theme and ensured that it does work with a custom theme.

Tested on 5.50Gen D3-Final using CXMB with the Playstation experience theme.

Screenshot :

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk437/Zackpspcoder/20080215045746.png

So here are the changes :

Changelog :

* Fixed warning message appearing as white box on PSP's using a custom theme.
* CXMB Compatibility
* Message now clearer to read.
* Reduced memory usage to 256kb (as opposed to 1mb)
* Fixed warning message getting hidden by textures on certain games. (still happens on some loading screens)
* Reduced flickering (Somewhat, still flickers in certain games)

Future :

In the next release there will be a lot more features. I will keep quiet on them for now but they are coming :)
The next release will also come packaged with a "Battery Warning Customisation Manager" tool for the PSP. Basically it will allow you to change every setting
on the plugin and customise it right down to your exact needs.

The only reason I am not releasing the tool with this version is that I want to be 100% sure the "White box" bug is gone for everyone and not just me :)

Thanks and enjoy!

Download and leave feedback via comments

Daedalus_sga
January 5th, 2010, 00:06
wheres the download link??

Shrygue
January 5th, 2010, 16:46
I've added the attachment to the top post so you should now be able to download the plug-in.

hisaku
January 22nd, 2010, 19:59
Thanks for your hard work in keeping at this much needed app!

Just as an fyi, I was playing a psxpsp game and I did not see the battery warning. It's a 1000 psp running 5.50 Gen D3.