PDA

View Full Version : Any1 help me?

MasterChafed
July 1st, 2006, 07:46
I was wondering if anyone was interested in taking me under their wing and helping me learn lua. Now, I know that there are plenty of tuts, so lets get that outa the way immediately. I have read, and fairly well understood them. But, I would really love it if someone could just teach me directly. After I have a basic understanding and foundation to start building my proggys on, I will need a team for a game I will be making. Mainly, someone who is good in photoshop, someone who knows how to code basic-advanced a.i, some beta testers, a story writers ( pretty much optional). I have the sprite sheet, but I will need someone to assemble sprites the way they are needed. But, all this can wait until I have learned lua. So, if anyone has the heart to help me, I would greatly appriciate it.

RedKing14CA
July 1st, 2006, 09:02
i need to lurn lua too, but i havent even read any tuts at all..

i can beta test and writer storeis though (FYI my two things are Computers and Writing.... wel God is before COmputers, Writing is after that, then there is sex... LOL)

MasterChafed
July 1st, 2006, 09:04
lmao. Alright man, after I learn the basics you can be my beta tester and story writer if you want. Basicly, I am writing game using halo sprites. The name, as of yet, is gonna be Halo 2d. So, yeah, if you can make a plot around that, you can start any time you want, (if you wanna be on my dev team.) If you dont want to write the story line, you can still be a beta tester if you want. And if you are up for learning lua, maybe we could help eachother learn?

MasterChafed
July 1st, 2006, 19:37
hmmm, so, I take it nobody can help me? No worries, I guess once the evilmana site gets bck up I will begin on my quest for knowledge again.

Zion
July 1st, 2006, 19:44
yeldarp's tutorials are good :D

yaustar
July 1st, 2006, 19:55
You are asking for a lot and on the weekend. Wait a couple of days till you 'close' this thread.

You will need to show at least a concept piece so the people interested will have some idea what they are thinking about working on.

If you want to do anything serious in lua, you need to go here, the PSP tutorials just don't cut it:
http://lua-users.org/wiki/

MasterChafed
July 1st, 2006, 20:50
Yeah, i read yeldarbs tuts, but they don't go very in depth. I am using google cached pages of evilmana's tutorials and they are helping me a lot. hopefully i will be on to sprite movement at the end of today.

MasterChafed
July 1st, 2006, 23:24
Well, i have got sprite movement down (aside from gravity) but now I am having trouble rendering an actual image as a sprite instead of drawing a new one with colors. I will read up on it, Expect my first lua app here in a couple days or so.