View Full Version : Lua Game : Future-Resurrection

Zion
July 2nd, 2006, 05:24
edit : see new thread

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28029

jman420
July 2nd, 2006, 09:55
First post!

Lookin good Zion, I think that this will look exceptional.. You should have waited about what, 6 more hours before releasing it though:p

scottyboynow
July 2nd, 2006, 12:18
Good game can't wait to see the full game brill.:cool:

D0N
July 2nd, 2006, 12:19
Nice work zion! Brilliant start to first game! Anything i can do to help out?

Zion
July 2nd, 2006, 14:56
i will need a few more beta testers in the future, and some artists would be nice

ExcruciationX
July 2nd, 2006, 15:30
Sign me up, Zion! Also, good job on your RPG!

Accordion
July 2nd, 2006, 15:34
looks great

i really like the style of the background aswell

(ooh lots of homebrew birthday presents for me, yay)

dagger89
July 2nd, 2006, 16:05
Good start for a new game, you may want to work on the transparency next, and modify the sprites a bit, ppl could easily tell that they are ripped from KH:COM for the GBA... IDK if this site has rules against posting news about games like this, but other sites don't tolerate this, and won't post it... Just modify them a bit, get rid of some details, add some new ones in... That's what I'm doing for my Castlevania game im currently working on

Damian666
July 2nd, 2006, 16:28
I'm very impressed, Zion. As always your work is exceptional amongst us. If you need anything, you know where to find me, right?

Zion
July 2nd, 2006, 16:35
dager89, im currently working on editing the sprites. :D

Damian666
July 2nd, 2006, 16:39
P.S.-You might just be able to walk around now, but that's the first step into making a game. Starting out low, then developing something that's tremendous and fantastic all at once. I can't wait for other updates, pal. BTW, it's good speaking with you again.

Gizmo356
July 2nd, 2006, 17:08
nice man really impres sive and like damian i cant wait for your futer releases

Shadowblind
July 2nd, 2006, 17:36
aH, SO MANY GOOD NEW LUA GAMES... LET THE REVOLUTION OF LUA, BEGIN!

gunntims0103
July 2nd, 2006, 17:38
good to see you got this project off the ground zion i was happy to help:D

yaustar
July 2nd, 2006, 17:53
Gun, do you know that the code is pretty much EXACTLY the same as yours (errors et all)? Hell, even the directory structure is the same.

gunntims0103
July 2nd, 2006, 17:56
Gun, do you know that the code is pretty much EXACTLY the same as yours (errors et all)? Hell, even the directory structure is the same.

well i told him he could browse thruthe codes and learn from that hell even use it as his start thou i warned that even my code is highly unstable hmmmmmmm..........thout zion was gonna give credit unlike him....thuo zion you do have to change some of your code i didnt think you would use it exactly how it is all that was done was sprite change

BL4Z3D247
July 2nd, 2006, 18:01
lookin good zion, i could be a beta tester if u want i have alot of free time since its summer and all :D

yaustar
July 2nd, 2006, 18:12
well i told him he could browse thruthe codes and learn from that hell even use it as his start thou i warned that even my code is highly unstable hmmmmmmm..........thout zion was gonna give credit unlike him....thuo zion you do have to change some of your code i didnt think you would use it exactly how it is all that was done was sprite change
Basically it is sora 0.1 (including all the bugs that were there). All Zion did was change the image filenames/path.

edit: I just did a Diff with Sora 0.1 and this game. (Read Comparision)
THERE IS NO CODE ADDED BY ZION TO GUN'S ORIGINAL SORA 0.1 CODE

This is the only section that is 'modified'
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6819/image12mx.th.png (http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image12mx.png)

gunntims0103
July 2nd, 2006, 18:28
zion you gotta make your own changes as well i didnt think that you would just change the sprites not cool bro make your own changes i did agree to let you browse thru the script and allow it to help you but not for it to get stolen and just have sprite directorys changed please edit emidiatly as me and my team have worked hard on it and i dont want to see it get stolen and just changed make your own modifications and such please

thanx

Zion
July 2nd, 2006, 18:37
i am taking down the link to the game. gunntims i only used that as an example so people can see what it will be like. I am writing it from scratch at the moment and should have a new beta out by late this evening

gunntims0103
July 2nd, 2006, 18:45
i am taking down the link to the game. gunntims i only used that as an example so people can see what it will be like. I am writing it from scratch at the moment and should have a new beta out by late this evening

great stuff bro me and yaustar was wondering why it looked exactly alike in coding prospective a well you can use the script as a grounding as i told you before look forward to your release

Zion
July 2nd, 2006, 19:12
done about 1/8th of the coding from scratch so far. Its coming along nicley :D

yaustar
July 2nd, 2006, 19:13
I wasn't wondering, I was calling it a blatent rip-off.

From the Readme:

Future - Ressurection v1.0 By zion

Coding done by Zion.

Thanks to gunntims for advice + some code
Thanks to PSPDemon For a stunning Background.

This is only a teaser version. The game will be
more like a game in future releases

'Coding done from Zion'. Like hell there was.
'Some Code'? All the code more like.

gunntims0103
July 2nd, 2006, 19:16
yea as long as he zion does his from scratch and doesnt copy exactly wats there i have no probs i just allowed zion to browse and get a more better understanding for his game please zion dont let this go on in the future as my team worked hard to get where we are as you can see yaustar is not appreciating the plederiszism(dont know if i spelled that corectly) neather do i getting help is one thing copying is another though you did say you will start from scrath so all is well dont let this happen in the future

cooliscool
July 2nd, 2006, 19:46
Haha, hilarious. Code thievery is the lowest form of idiocy. It's even worse when it's with a language as easy to learn as Lua.

I highly doubt we'll see this "new rewritten version".

Zion
July 2nd, 2006, 19:46
ok as i asid above i only used it to give an example of what the game would be like. I am currently wiring a new engine from scratch. And it's looking good :D

No harm meant yaustar, sorry if i upset you

Zion
July 2nd, 2006, 19:52
cooliscool, you will see the rewritten verion in about 4 hours. Dont flame me, i said it was only a example of what the game will be like and didnt claim to code it all. The new build will be out soon

yaustar
July 2nd, 2006, 19:57
I am willing to give BOD to you till this 'release'.
However don't BS in the meantime.

Dont flame me, i said it was only a example of what the game will be like and didnt claim to code it all. The new build will be out soon
The front page newpost never said that and the readme says otherwise.

Coding done by Zion.

Zion
July 2nd, 2006, 19:59
i have changed the title on the first page. Explaining that is currently usses the sora adventure engine and is being coded from scratch as we speak

BL4Z3D247
July 2nd, 2006, 20:07
cooliscool don't be flamin on zion he's cool he helped me out yesterday, even though i'm still waitin on those idiot proof devhook instructions lol :D jk, ur busy so i understand and i'm lookin forward to this release

Zion
July 2nd, 2006, 22:38
ok dont post here anymore a new thread has being opened with the new version

Voltage
August 31st, 2006, 22:12
lovin the game zion

Zion
August 31st, 2006, 22:16
lol, this is a really old one

search for version 1.4....