PDA

View Full Version : Next DS To Have HD Screen, Potentially 720p

wraggster
January 6th, 2010, 22:57
Boy, that Satoru Iwata has been awfully mouthy recently. In addition to sounding off about the next DS having a motion sensor, he also told Asahi that it'll have a higher-resolution screen. A HIGH DEFINITION screen.

Upgrading the 256 x 192 DS, the next DS incarnation—after the DSi XL—will have a 1024 x 768 screen according to several sites, which is very close to a decent 720p res. Iwata also confirmed Nintendo is in talks with several networks for connected DS consoles, which is something he mentioned a few months back when he touched upon the likelihood of allowing ebooks to be downloaded over 3G

http://gizmodo.com/5441650/next-ds-to-have-hd-screen-potentially-720p

Flygon
January 7th, 2010, 09:55
That's massive, seriously.

I mean, for a screen that'll top 4 inches... no wonder they need the much more powerful GPU.

Prans
January 7th, 2010, 15:01
Wow!!! I'll need to buy pants and jeans with larger pockets!!! :D

Sonny_Jim
January 7th, 2010, 23:23
Hmm, not sure if I understand this, it seems a bit late in the day to start going after PSP territory. After all, I thought the idea of the DS line was to be simple to try and get developers to start using their brains to make a good game, rather on relying on powerful graphics to cover up god awful gameplay.

But, it this day and age, 256x192 is really, really pants. The fonts in DSLinux for example were very restricted because of this and I'm really looking forward to having a DS that doesn't cramp my hands after 30 minutes due to it's teeny tiny size.