PDA

View Full Version : Yoshihiro leaves the scene ...?

wraggster
January 7th, 2010, 01:04
News via http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=35893&view_reply=1

After the disappearance of DA and Miriam from the PSP scene we find ourselves may have to deal with another drop, this time in the team in Gen Apparently due to some "coders" foreigners decided to copy some of his work to fit to the (obsolete?) CF M33, Yoshihiro has decided not to release any other update for the CF GEN, leaving virtually all the work to the rest of the team ...
For the moment we do not know if his decision is final and there will be an afterthought perhaps in the coming days, without Yoshihiro still hope for those who expect a CF 3000 or PSP final update for current CF are becoming more distant.

Nocuddle
January 7th, 2010, 01:40
Buncha wuss, mongrels & pussies in PSP scene.

they can hav thick skin when being a pirate but loses all if sum1 pirate them.

darkchylde
January 7th, 2010, 04:48
Buncha wuss, mongrels & pussies in PSP scene.

they can hav thick skin when being a pirate but loses all if sum1 pirate them.
Pretty much. I don't wanna hear another peep out of any of these "l33t scene" people, as, other than Dark Alex, they all seem to make one semi-major contribution (based directly on the work of someone who came before them), have someone build something off of their work and then cry foul and quit. The folks who claim that they code new custom firmwares for themselves and act like we're lucky we see any of it are liars. Enough of the drama, people! Everybody has a real life, why don't you act like it as well? Why not just say, "I spent so much time working on this that my wife/girlfriend threatened to leave unless I paid attention to her like I should"? Is that so hard? Do you think that the stereotypical geeky, lonely gamer will somehow lose some of their respect/awe if it turns out that your life isn't lonely or crap? Or how about, "Sony figured out who I was and sent a cease and desist"? That's probably equally as likely what really happened and a perfectly legitimate reason for bowing out.

Another thing that gets me is when the developers cry foul when some kiddie coder that they knowingly shared "secret" code with leaks it to the public (without the original author's permission, of course) and starts yet more drama. Developers: If you don't want people to know how you did something, DON'T GIVE THEM THE CODE. Wait until it's ready to show the world, don't cut it loose so that you can get a quick stroke to your ego and then whine to the world that it shouldn't have come out yet. I can think of one instance where this situation directly involved a new exploit and the newb who leaked it caused Sony to quickly patch it out of existence. How could this be solved? Not leaking it to an unreliable coder.

{/rant}

Sorry folks, just popped my cork a bit to see yet another bit of unnecessary drama on the PSP stage. Maybe one day this scene will grow up a bit, who knows?

Shrygue
January 7th, 2010, 12:40
I though Yoshihiro left? Or did he come back and now he want's to drop out again? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. These days, I don't pay much attention to all this drama on the PSP scene, it's not worth it.

MaxMouseDLL
January 7th, 2010, 13:21
I don't see in Yoshiro's comment anywhere, where it explicitly says "I'm leaving the scene", in fact i can't make much sense of his comment, English isn't his first language.

However, the general consensus is (and this isn't directed at anyone in particular, but if you feel slightly offended at this then sorry, but its you! lol) that many developers behave like they are prepubescent school children when it comes to things like this, they always have done, and not just in the PSP scene... fact is, many of them are young and fall down hard when someone criticises their work, or points out errors, they don't have the age experience... Dax on the other hand basically ignores everyone, good and bad comments and there has been little to no drama from him.

It comes down to a choice, if you find yourself in the spotlight as a developer, you can either remain in the public scene and take the rants and negative criticism for what it is, or you can go private and only speak to close friends and other developers, you don't see bill gates on any windows forums saying "Actually, Microsoft BOB was a great achievement, and i would thank you for not saying it's rubbish, and i am not a ***got..."

As for the Sony "cease & desist" thing... that may have happened more times than people want to admit.

symbal
January 7th, 2010, 13:26
Well if your name isn't Dark_Alex you get little to no credit for your cfw work and any plugin that seems even remotely clever also get's attributed to Dax secretly working, can you really blame anyone for wanting to leave all the bitch fighting in the Psp scene now.

240-185
January 7th, 2010, 17:43
His work on CFW are preeeeeeeeeeeeeetty bad. Oh yeah! You wanna play the latest games, right? Here they are! Whoops, it breaks compatibility with other accessories, like the Go!Cam? Whoops, your older ISOs aren't shown? No basic testing.

There's no point to flash a PSP in CFW anymore nowadays. You wanna play the latest game? Buy a freaking PSP-3000 which you'll update with OFWs.

SmashinGit
January 7th, 2010, 19:02
There's no point to flash a PSP in CFW anymore nowadays. You wanna play the latest game? Buy a freaking PSP-3000 which you'll update with OFWs.

Pretty much agree with you. I have an original Psp 1000 with cfw 5.50 Gen-D3 which I use for emulators and homebrew. I also have a Psp 3000 with ofw which I use for everything else.
I'm sorry for the psp scene when any coder leaves but I honestley don't think its that important anymore.

symbal
January 7th, 2010, 19:44
Very few people are willing to carry around 2 Psp's though, Cfw's far from perfect but it is capable of doing everything i want with my single Psp 2000 so i'm happy to compromise and keep hoping things improve.

Qmark
January 7th, 2010, 20:24
The PSP scene itself, official or otherwise, is on the decline anyway.

ian h
January 7th, 2010, 21:28
i will never update from 5.0 m33 6 unless dark alex comes back. I havent really enjoyed a psp game except for gta lcs, id rather keep my psp for homebrew and emu's

Nocuddle
January 7th, 2010, 22:45
Dax on the other hand basically ignores everyone, good and bad comments and there has been little to no drama from him.

Yes he is ignoring you, me & my grandma's CFW.

:p

Where is my 6.00 M33 Dax, for my bday present? pretty plz?

.... silent .....

See, no drama indeed.

*still wait patiently for 6.00 M33*

darkchylde
January 8th, 2010, 05:13
Yes he is ignoring you, me & my grandma's CFW.

:p

Where is my 6.00 M33 Dax, for my bday present? pretty plz?

.... silent .....

See, no drama indeed.

*still wait patiently for 6.00 M33*
Remember, we're not really ever going to see any 6.00 CFW due to the fact that the new processing structure (or whatever) breaks compatibility with older homebrew. And we can't have that, right? After all, there aren't any active developers in the scene right now, so nobody would update their popular homebrew apps to work with the new CFW. Seriously, though, I'm not sure what DAX is up to right now, but I'm pretty sure that GEN isn't tackling the newer firmware because they haven't the skill to create something along the lines of DAX's 1.50FW plugins/addons for any new CFW that would be created. Please note that I'm not saying that I could, just pointing out that DAX is (to the best of my recollection) the only coder/developer in the PSP scene that has wrought compatibility for multiple firmware versions in the same firmware; and even on a system that technically didn't support that firmware (ie: 1.50FW patch/loader/whatever that DAX created to run on the PSP-2000).

If everyone wants to get out of DAX's shadow, let them do something new, independent of anything DAX has previously worked on. 6.00 OFW is structured differently than 5.xx? Good! Create a CFW based on it and nobody can legitimately claim that DAX had his fingers in it--he hasn't released much of anything since 5.00M33-6. It's not compatible with older homebrew? Write a bridge/plugin/whatever for your new CFW, just like DAX did. But again, since the new CFW is so obviously different and incompatible, guess who gets all the credit for the new coding? If the majority of developers in the PSP scene are young, this should be fairly obvious to them. Why aren't we seeing this progress? My thoughts again go to lack of ability.

Gentlemen, feel free to prove me wrong.

B2K24
January 8th, 2010, 07:29
It's not the lack of ability it's because it would be a complete waste of time. Like you said the 6.XX kernel breaks homebrew support so the wheel would have to be re invented which would result in wasted time just to get homebrew back with no new features.

Unless you enjoy pirating iso a new cfw offers nothing.
psn would be patched quickly just the same as released kernel exploits are so all that work just to get back where we started.

It's like writing a 600 page essay then flush it down the toilet.

Sonicboy 101
January 8th, 2010, 13:09
I got bored of all the PSP drama years ago. It's nothing new anymore.

darkchylde
January 9th, 2010, 01:56
It's not the lack of ability it's because it would be a complete waste of time. Like you said the 6.XX kernel breaks homebrew support so the wheel would have to be re invented which would result in wasted time just to get homebrew back with no new features.

Unless you enjoy pirating iso a new cfw offers nothing.

You'd have access to whatever new features 6.XX offers. One right off the top of my head is access to the comics reader which I would personally be interested in. But not to the point of flashing and reflashing my PSP constantly so that I can enjoy both worlds.

psn would be patched quickly just the same as released kernel exploits are so all that work just to get back where we started.

It's like writing a 600 page essay then flush it down the toilet.
In the past (prior to updates past 5.55 OFW anyway), even when Sony patched earlier firmwares to prevent PSN access it was always achieved again, either through emulating the newer firmware version of through the release of a new CFW based on the newest OFW version required by the PSN. Based on what I've read in the past, it wasn't difficult for Dark Alex or the GEN team to keep putting out newer CFWs based on newer versions of OFW, they just didn't deem it worth their time based on the limited new features that minor updates offered. At this point in time, where PSN access has been totally blocked except for PSPs using the newest OFW, it seems like it would be a worthy effort to create a CFW that would re-enable such access.