PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO Emulator for PSP RC 1

wraggster
July 2nd, 2006, 18:19
http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/img/ngepsp_icon.png

NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html) has released a new Version of his NeoGeo Emulator for the PSP, this release comes in 2 flavours, normal and with raster effects, heres the translated news from his page:

* As for beta 4 bug being many, the shank. You think that just a little it stabilized with RC1.
* Luster effect corresponding edition was released to reference. In the past compared to speed improving
 It is, but without being the speed which you can play, the shank. This is the limit.

Yet again translation via google is rubbish but a new release is always worth a try.

Download and Give Feedback on Both Versions Via Comments

don3z
July 2nd, 2006, 18:39
this emulator is just too cool for words to describe. thanks a lot for posting the news!

D0N
July 2nd, 2006, 18:49
nice work NJ! Keep up the good work!

Illegal Machine
July 2nd, 2006, 18:52
NJ probably doesnt read these sites... Ive never seen him respond to anything ever...

but its awesome he works so hard on these

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 2nd, 2006, 18:56
Cool yet another update of this awsome emulator.

cowbot
July 2nd, 2006, 18:57
i'm tring this right now, hope kof96 will run smooth now ^^

ssbm_04
July 2nd, 2006, 19:01
Does this emulator supports any new games besides the one that we currently have?

V3N0M
July 2nd, 2006, 19:31
Hey does Metal Slug 3 work?

V3N0M
July 2nd, 2006, 19:35
Ya know ever since beta 3 i haven't been able to get this emu to work. Can someone tell me what they did differently to get it to work? Thanx

b8a
July 2nd, 2006, 19:45
Nothing earth-shattering in the text, but here's a more intelligible translation for posterity's sake:

(From The Release Post)
*There certainly were a lot of bugs in beta 4, weren't there. I believe that things have stabalized a bit in RC1.
*I've released a raster effect compatible version at a proof of concept level. There is a speed increase over previous version, but it's still really not a playable speed. This is the limit.

(From The Readme)
RC1 What's Changed
-Fixed the file browser as there was a bug in displaying game names.
-Due to a timer processing bug there was a possibility that some games wouldn't run and this has been fixed.
-Fixed a bug where a portion of games were slower due to a scan line calculation mistake.
-Minor corrections of the game name list (zipname.dat).
Known Bugs: A list of what is known as of right now.
-spinmast's screen doesn't display.

Cause Unknown
-Unstable music tempo in crswords, and others.
-Sound effects in sonicwi2's demo, etc... play continuously.

This cannot be fixed with the implementation in the current state. I think it's unavoidable in order to gain speed and stable sound playback. If only the PSP processing speed was faster.

AlinayG
July 2nd, 2006, 19:56
what is the "raster effect" i dont get what that means?

but other then that, nice work :D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 2nd, 2006, 20:06
Its a graphical effect thats overlayeyed on the image.Like scanlines may make edges look less jagged or smoth imagews ect.

AlinayG
July 2nd, 2006, 20:12
humm....kool

oh and im haveing trouble with the bios in this update :X where do i place the uni-bios?

edit: iam confused i placed a copy of neogeo.zip with unibios in it in evey folder and a copy or unibio.rom in every folder and still " no bios found "......@_@

smythe2005
July 2nd, 2006, 20:39
humm....kool

oh and im haveing trouble with the bios in this update :X where do i place the uni-bios?

edit: iam confused i placed a copy of neogeo.zip with unibios in it in evey folder and a copy or unibio.rom in every folder and still " no bios found "......@_@

neogeo.zip needs to be in roms folder....
unibios needs to be in the neogeo zip....

my neo geo contains
neo-geo.rom
ng-lo.rom
ng-sfix.rom
ng-sm1.rom
uni-bios.rom

check yours has these in the zipped neogeo.zip

if not find another...

smythe

Amiga
July 2nd, 2006, 20:43
it says ERROR:can not allocate REGION_GFX3 memory
try using sprite cache
ERROR:file not found spr_usage(GFX3 usage)

Purple Skyz
July 2nd, 2006, 20:51
it says ERROR:can not allocate REGION_GFX3 memory
try using sprite cache
ERROR:file not found spr_usage(GFX3 usage)

Amiga, Use the convertion tool that comes with the zip of ngepsp

You will create a cache file using the original zipped rom, and you then place that cached zipped file you got from using the convert tool in your /psp/game/ngepsp/cahe folder

Amiga
July 2nd, 2006, 20:59
Ah thanks wondered what that was for :D

odino
July 2nd, 2006, 22:08
The speed of Super Sidekicks 2 is acceptable with auto frame skip in rastereffect version

oblivioner
July 2nd, 2006, 22:21
I was expecting RC1 to come in a few months, all hail NJ awesome :D

shinysuitman
July 2nd, 2006, 22:47
for all of you having trouble with the bios, this was covered in another release board. all you have to do is rename the folders back to "ngepsp" and "ngepsp%". for some reason, the folder renaming doesnt work, we will just have to deal with corrupted icons for the time being

AlinayG
July 2nd, 2006, 22:51
Humm....well 1 corrupt file is not bad..thanks shinysuitman :D

shinysuitman
July 2nd, 2006, 23:15
Humm....well 1 corrupt file is not bad..thanks shinysuitman :D

hah not a problem.i knwo how fustrating it is when you have soemthing but cant use it. other than this problem, ive also noticed that for people using the uni-bios, use any ver. below 2.0. 1.3 is i think the best but im not sure. anyways, have a great time blasting and slashing all of those badguys SNK used to love making for us

AlinayG
July 2nd, 2006, 23:54
what are the diff. of uni-bios 2.1 and 1.3 ??? cuz iam useing 2.1 and it seems good.

Ps: love the char Jiraiya, my fav. on naruto :D

shinysuitman
July 2nd, 2006, 23:56
what are the diff. of uni-bios 2.1 and 1.3 ??? cuz iam useing 2.1 and it seems good.

hmm... if you are having a good time with that bios then use it. what i do know is that on earlier versions (b3 and b4) 2.0+ didnt work well (or at all) cie la vie

btw, I KNOW!!! i love the perverted old guy.....:eek: did i actually just say that? haha hes mine too

wilbur
July 3rd, 2006, 00:23
Magical Drop 3 is a great game. This has gotta be one of the best bublle games i've played

mameuser
July 3rd, 2006, 00:49
Screenshot of SVC Chaos using rastereffect

Btw, there will not/never be a version that can play big rom (SVC) with sound. because of the memory limitedation

AlinayG
July 3rd, 2006, 01:15
so is the new neogeo with rastereffect bettrer then the reg. one or what?

cooliscool
July 3rd, 2006, 02:14
Technically yes, but it's significantly slower (when such effects are being used, of course).

WACOMalt
July 3rd, 2006, 03:29
ok, I am very confused as to how to set this up... I found a mame neogeo unibios thing, VERSION 2.2 I think, and I put that in the roms folder as neogeo.zip.

Ok, but I do not understand how the roms need to be named. should they be in a .zip format?

andhow do I name them to get them to show up?

also, I have a confusion about which versions of neogeo this plays.. CD or arcade?

I have both versions of metal slug 1, named mslug.zip in the roms directory, and they do not run.

shinysuitman
July 3rd, 2006, 04:16
ok, I am very confused as to how to set this up... I found a mame neogeo unibios thing, VERSION 2.2 I think, and I put that in the roms folder as neogeo.zip.

Ok, but I do not understand how the roms need to be named. should they be in a .zip format?

andhow do I name them to get them to show up?

also, I have a confusion about which versions of neogeo this plays.. CD or arcade?

I have both versions of metal slug 1, named mslug.zip in the roms directory, and they do not run.

ok, im not sure about this release, but if your having problems, with the bios, use the uni-bios 1.3. put that in your neogeo bios and smoke it.... sorry souldnt resist

second, roms should be in zip format

third, if you got them from a credible source, they shouldnt need renaming. just put them in the roms folder and let them rip.

fourth, if your running games over about 20 mb or so... im ont sure how it is, just read the list included within the download, just use the converter that came with the package and put the file that you get in the cache file within the ngepsp folder on your psp.

fifth, this plays arcade games... read a little into previous versions if you have to.... just read a little k? sorry but this question has been answered a few times (like 50)

as for the fact that youre not seeing roms in your directory, are you using mame dumps? or neoragex? you need to use the earlier of the two if you want to see anything.

well i hope that clears up some confusion

ACID
July 3rd, 2006, 04:58
for all of you having trouble with the bios, this was covered in another release board. all you have to do is rename the folders back to "ngepsp" and "ngepsp%". for some reason, the folder renaming doesnt work, we will just have to deal with corrupted icons for the time being

If you rename it NEO and use a pbp maker , or a programe to hide the corrupt file it works.

shinysuitman
July 3rd, 2006, 05:17
cool, thanx for the info. that will be good to clear up that nasty corrupt icon

nexus68
July 3rd, 2006, 11:23
use the new typo "__SCE__ngepsp" and "%__SCE__ngepsp"
no trouble with the bios, work perfect.

Gazz021
July 3rd, 2006, 11:38
I ve tried renaming folders _SCE_ngepsp and still not working i ve used mame roms and MVS roms which work with neorage.I ve uses the cache converter and i have uni bios 1.1 and 1.2. But when i try to load a rom it says no bios found.

ACID
July 3rd, 2006, 11:56
I ve tried renaming folders _SCE_ngepsp and still not working i ve used mame roms and MVS roms which work with neorage.I ve uses the cache converter and i have uni bios 1.1 and 1.2. But when i try to load a rom it says no bios found.
Are you putting the bios inside the Roms folder unzipped and the uni bios inside the bios folder try that.

aleborri
July 3rd, 2006, 12:07
I don't notice any difference with the raster effect version, is there any way to turn it on, I don't see it in the emu menu.

Gazz021
July 3rd, 2006, 12:40
i ve tied putting the roms inside unzipped and the un bios.11 inside them but when i go to select the rom to play there is nothing inside the folder to select.

sappo
July 3rd, 2006, 13:08
use the new typo "__SCE__ngepsp" and "%__SCE__ngepsp"
no trouble with the bios, work perfect.
I always use this method. It rocks :D

ACID
July 3rd, 2006, 13:12
i ve tied putting the roms inside unzipped and the un bios.11 inside them but when i go to select the rom to play there is nothing inside the folder to select.

The roms need to be Zipped and dont rename them

Gazz021
July 3rd, 2006, 13:18
thanks for repling i ve just done what u said but it still trys to check the rom then says no bios found.I am using bios neo-geo ng-sfix etc and uni bios.11

wilbur
July 3rd, 2006, 15:24
Gazz, you can't run this with just the uni bios. you need to place zipped roms in roms folder and zipped neo geo mvs bios, found by searching mame roms in google and looking for neogeo.bin rom. place this in the roms folder with roms and drag uni bios into it.

Gazz021
July 3rd, 2006, 16:08
hi wilbur i do have the mame roms and also MVS rom set.I tried with the mame roms zipped in the roms folder including the uni bios rom

jaydee73
July 3rd, 2006, 16:09
Ya know ever since beta 3 i haven't been able to get this emu to work. Can someone tell me what they did differently to get it to work? Thanx

What doesn't work for you?

Since the emu included the rominfo.dat file the rom sets it accepts has become restricted. You could either edit the rominfo.dat file and modify the CRC values - will cause problems with some games or get the latest rom sets that are compatible with 106 version of mame.

Gazz021
July 3rd, 2006, 16:15
Hi Jaydee,from the start.I have mame neogeo roms,i ve converted them and put them in cache.i ve put the mame roms zipped in roms folder,i have put neogeo rom bios in each zipped rom whith uni bios rom.But it stills says bios not found.:eek:

jaydee73
July 3rd, 2006, 16:29
You only need to put the neogeo.zip file into the roms folder. You don't need to add these files to the roms. To use uni-bios.rom rename to uni-bios.xx where xx is the version number so 1.3 would be uni-bios.13 - place this file in the neogeo.zip file.

bosanova_x
July 3rd, 2006, 16:44
I had the same problem,what I did was to re instal everything,but I made sure that i did it with out the neogeo zip. in the rom file.I then re pasted the neogeo zip in to the rom file after I had re instaled the emu.make sure you have the neogeo.bin and the uni bios zipped up.

I have also noticed that if you try and put a new rom form somewhere in the rom file you will get the bios not found message again.

hope this helps

Gazz021
July 3rd, 2006, 16:52
hi i ve got them working i was using the wrong neogeo bios set(AES) i found mame neogeo bios and put the zip folder in the roms folder and its working. I ve tested bomberman,league bowling and Goal Goal Goal,all full speed and sound. HAPPY DAYS.....:D But is it possible to get full screen yet?

jaydee73
July 3rd, 2006, 17:02
hi i ve got them working i was using the wrong neogeo bios set(AES) i found mame neogeo bios and put the zip folder in the roms folder and its working. I ve tested bomberman,league bowling and Goal Goal Goal,all full speed and sound. HAPPY DAYS.....:D But is it possible to get full screen yet?

L Trigger button when in game and select Game Configuration to stretch screen.

Gazz021
July 3rd, 2006, 17:11
thanks jaydee just played neo turf masters,Best golf game ever.

aleborri
July 3rd, 2006, 17:29
really, somebody should make a faq for this emu and post it somewhere, every question has been answered about three times since alpha

Night-Wolf
July 3rd, 2006, 17:37
I've finally got Metal Slug 5 working, had to get the rom from another site. Still no sound but the game works great and looks awesome:D

ssbm_04
July 3rd, 2006, 18:06
Is there an updated list of what games can be played? I am just asking this so that I have a reason of changing my current neo geo emulator. Can someone help me. :) Thanks

wilbur
July 3rd, 2006, 18:42
Yah. vot you need to do ist loook at zee list vich comes viz zee download. (Sven impression)

it has all the games that work and the ones that say no sound are the ones which definately need to be converted

Football sucks, i give up

FullGore
July 3rd, 2006, 19:42
Hey guys, is it possible to play Kof2000 at a nice framerate?

Gazz021
July 3rd, 2006, 20:53
so far i ve tried football frenzy,league bowling,bomberman,ghost pilots and goal goal goal,all working fine full speed and sound

bosanova_x
July 3rd, 2006, 21:04
I've had kof 2003 and svc playing ok,there a bit slow to begin with but they soon pick up.no sound though.

I would of thought kof 2000 plays ok but it will have no sound.

FullGore
July 3rd, 2006, 21:20
I've had kof 2003 and svc playing ok,there a bit slow to begin with but they soon pick up.no sound though.

I would of thought kof 2000 plays ok but it will have no sound.

Thx bosanova, I don't care much about sound since I'm always listening to mp3.
I'll give it a try then.

fucht017
July 4th, 2006, 00:34
Guys,the raster effect is used for the Super Sidekicks games...And NeoTurfMasters...beceause for instance, Super Sidekicks had no field...so it looked the players where floating;)

ACID
July 4th, 2006, 03:50
Now mi ??? is mi uni-bios.21 witch are the best uni-bios dont work for this release eany body have a problem with thoes.

ssbm_04
July 4th, 2006, 17:34
which version of svc that can run with this emulator. Mine one just hangs my psp and then I have to restart it.

groovemaster303
July 4th, 2006, 23:44
good stuff

Skaterguy88
July 4th, 2006, 23:49
I dunno how to get my roms working liek i can get the emu menu up and going but my zipped roms are red and i cant play them whats the deal i need a step by step of total installation of the neo geo and such
ps i have uni-bios.rom but nothing els i dont know where to find anything links would help and dont speak all technical to me cause im a ****ing idiot i need ****ing idiot talk like take this put it here so on peace and thanks to who ever helps me god bless haha

Gazz021
July 5th, 2006, 11:41
Hi Skaterguy r u using mame neogeo roms? u need these not AES roms.Also u need mame neogeo bios which u keep zipped and put them in the rom folder.

MUDD
July 6th, 2006, 17:42
been useing this for some days now ,
i was wondering .
so if this emu only plays mame
neogeo roms then its not realy a
neogeo emu ,

so is there a working neogeo emu?

Gazz021
July 6th, 2006, 21:35
hi Mudd,well it still is a NeoGeo Emu because it only play NeoGeo,but the mame version.:)

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 21:53
No this although a Mame neogeo its also the MVA & AVE cartridge making it a neogeo emulator.
If not it wouldnt support neo geo AVE or MVA games.

xplizit
August 9th, 2006, 14:10
meh i'm really confused :(

1) what's the converter for in the zip?

2) i DLed the neogeo.zip from here (http://www.emunova.net/emulation/utilitaires/neogeo.htm). is that the right one?

3) I can run the emu fine but i've tried selecting all the different bioses it offers me but none of the games work with any of them??

4) Do I have the wrong kind of roms? I've DLed neo-geo roms but have seen peopel talking about using mame roms in this thread. how do i tell the difference? and how do i know a certain mame rom was neo-geo and not atari or something else??

hope someone can help...

xplizit
August 9th, 2006, 15:04
tried with some mame neogeo roms i found and still no luck.
how come half the bioses are greyed out? europe mvs ver2 to japan mvs ver1 are available but asia aes to unibios mvs are greyed out :/
the errors i get are: Could not allocate REGION_GFX3 memory
and
File not found. "spr_usage (GFX3 usage)"

any ideas?

xplizit
August 9th, 2006, 15:32
nevermind. i converted the roms and they're working

xplizit
August 9th, 2006, 15:53
so do you really need to have the roms twice? once in /roms and the converted version in /roms/cache?
seems like a bit of a waste of space

yobusta
August 9th, 2006, 16:44
I am having problems also. I put the neogeo zip file in the roms folder and i still cant run my neo geo roms. I converted them to and put in cache. I heard something about mame roms working on this.

P.S it would be helpful if somebody would post instructions on how to use this emulator and what you need.

civrot
September 30th, 2006, 07:15
i think the same as jman i never get it to work