PDA

View Full Version : Future Resurection v1.2

Zion
July 2nd, 2006, 22:47
Update!

After a few hours work, a much better game the result!

The background is back, sprite movement is in, a loading screen and title have been added.
and sprite's are fixed (no more green boxes)

There is still loads to do mind. Gravity, More characters, AI, RPG elements, collision detection etc.

But never the less, its a worthy update!

Enjoy

Screenshot :

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/zion_02/screenshot.png

Airdevil
July 2nd, 2006, 23:05
Well im a fairly experienced sprite designer, i am willing to offer my services for once lol... would give me a break from various things.

If your interested then give me a PM or something.

(p.s. .... I also might be able to get a very talented music creator from my college to help... hes only on his computer on weekends though... PM me again if your interested).

idapimp
July 2nd, 2006, 23:55
i'm a music creator. i might be able to help...maybe.

Zion
July 3rd, 2006, 00:19
yeah thanks. Welcome to the team :D

Gizmo356
July 3rd, 2006, 00:33
zion hope this developes into a great game and why dont yo reply to my pm's any more are you mad at me

Zion
July 3rd, 2006, 01:25
no i just havnt had chance! :D

BTW, a new beta is coming soon....

idapimp
July 3rd, 2006, 01:26
alrighty then

Gizmo356
July 3rd, 2006, 01:42
cant wait to test

Shadowblind
July 3rd, 2006, 03:02
This is going to be an awesome game. I can just feel it....

Why? It has FFVII characters, of course! (Cloud)

Zion
July 3rd, 2006, 03:11
See top for update

Gizmo356
July 3rd, 2006, 03:20
thanks zion but i thought the betas were only for beta testers

Shadowblind
July 3rd, 2006, 03:21
ah, you need backgrounds my friend!
I'll help find some, just specify the location type

Zion
July 3rd, 2006, 03:32
In the future, any beta will be tested by beta testers. there wan't much point beta testing this one as i had to do it myself this time!

Gizmo356
July 3rd, 2006, 03:38
ooooooh i see (!_!)

Sharkey
July 3rd, 2006, 03:53
Any pics?
I like to see what I'm trying.
Thanks.

Zion
July 3rd, 2006, 04:15
updated with screenshot

Combustolux
July 3rd, 2006, 06:15
any plans for an eboot version?

Zion
July 3rd, 2006, 11:38
Later yes. At the moment it's a low priority :D

yaustar
July 3rd, 2006, 12:33
The Loading code is pointless, the user wont see anything but 100% since it only takes 5 frames and it servers no purpose.

--Coding by zion, please only use this code for education -- -- reusing this code is the same as stealing.- How Ironic.

Zion
July 3rd, 2006, 13:17
try to be bit more positive, the loading screen is just a little feature i added. and will be redone later.

And i explained before about the use of code in the old version. Please stop trying to drag my name through the mud. I would appreciate you trying to help me rather than criticising me all the time

yaustar
July 3rd, 2006, 13:46
Considering the number of features in this release, there is very little I can give advice on. I know nothing about the game nor the style of gameplay.

For example, if you are doing a game similar to Sora's then why not fork off the existing codebase and modify to suit your game style. There is no point rewriting the code from scratch unless:

a) You are going to make it better
b) It be a completely different game style

Developers use code from other people all the time usually in the form of Libraries.

Be thankful that Gun' is a lot more forgiving then I am, if any of my code was in that your 'first release', I really would have been all over you. Its easy to justify your reasons AFTER you have been 'found out', I am more concerned that you passed it off your own on the front page in a news post and that you didn't admit to it till I exposed it.

Zion
July 3rd, 2006, 14:03
as you can see, the game is all my own code now. And no its not going to be like sora at all, so i wont be using/basing any code of it.

Its going to be an interactive RPG. with conversations and either turnbased or on the spot combat features.

Any advice you could give me concerning sprite animation would be great :D

yaustar
July 3rd, 2006, 14:12
The most common way I have seen animation done by beginners is to have each frame loaded seperately which is fine but becomes difficult to use when you have a large animation base hence the demo sample of using one image which is easier to manage.

Keep all frames the same size and if possible, the same number of frames per animation.

The conversation aspect is going to be interesting to do and will be your first major hurdle to do right.

g00gy
July 3rd, 2006, 15:23
Amazing this is really nice.:D keep up the good work. i can only dream of how good the full finsihed version will be like :)

cnt2010
July 3rd, 2006, 23:27
oh my god i love vincent please put vincent in it AND MAKE HIM TURN INTO THE GALIAN BEAST YES oh my god

also please add sephiroth and aeries but maybe add a love scene between them where they fall in love and get married and ride chocobos off into the sunset.

I really like your game :)

Shadowblind
July 3rd, 2006, 23:35
as you can see, the game is all my own code now. And no its not going to be like sora at all, so i wont be using/basing any code of it.

Its going to be an interactive RPG. with conversations and either turnbased or on the spot combat features.

Any advice you could give me concerning sprite animation would be great :D

If you are to make it a recreation of FFVII then I'd suggest turnbesed battle for originality.

'Course its your game, I just thought it would be FFVII because Cloud's in it.

And c'mon people stop fighting. Theres no reason to...:(

And cnt2010 we've tried to find decent Vincent sprites, beleive it or not. It seems nobody is willing to make them. If you can either find or make them that would probably be helpful...

gunntims0103
July 3rd, 2006, 23:39
ok both of you stop flaming your both gonna get banned if you keep this up why dont you help on the project instead of flaming it patio furniture if you feel you can do better why not do so as you are confident you can do better instead of flaming just do it i promise its harder than it seems

stop flaming this is a place of helping and sharing hombrew news not a internet thug chat room so please

good release zion keep up the good work

Shadowblind
July 3rd, 2006, 23:41
Sigh...

What has this site come to...

Please,at least move this argument to a different thread.

gunntims0103
July 3rd, 2006, 23:41
STOP FLAMING NOW IL REPORT YOU BOTH TO MODS AND STAFF AND THEY WILL SETTLE THIS

stop this is not the thread nor the site for this argument

BACK ON TOPIC--

Shadowblind
July 3rd, 2006, 23:43
Sephiroth Sprites were the hardest to find in good quality. Gun do you know a person who can enhance sprites to make them look more detailed?

gunntims0103
July 3rd, 2006, 23:45
Sephiroth Sprites were the hardest to find in good quality. Gun do you know a person who can enhance sprites to make them look more detailed?

well you might have to go to apokolipz for that he's wicked with sprites

--sad that users only come on here to flame pity....

Kaiser
July 3rd, 2006, 23:53
Permanent Ban for both of you. You both disgust me and racist comments will not be tolerated on this site.

cooliscool
July 4th, 2006, 00:16
Haha.. if walking around doing nothing is the beta stage of a game, I can't WAIT to see the pre-release version.

Seriously. Loading a couple of pictures to a background does not constitute a game, and releasing it and calling it such is.. ugh.

gunntims0103
July 4th, 2006, 00:21
a hole lot of flaimg going on hmm.......this is why i still dont want to release 0.2 of sora's adventure until i get a real game or at leased 1 level that people can play cause of flaming and unpreasiation of a game

well i cant wait for future releases and i hope this game gets better with time people just give it a chance

publicprivates
July 4th, 2006, 00:22
lol... that was hilarious! good job kaiser!

cooliscool
July 4th, 2006, 04:56
a hole lot of flaimg going on hmm.......this is why i still dont want to release 0.2 of sora's adventure until i get a real game or at leased 1 level that people can play cause of flaming and unpreasiation of a game

well i cant wait for future releases and i hope this game gets better with time people just give it a chance

There's a huge difference between flaming and giving constructive criticism.

dtothabreezy
July 4th, 2006, 05:18
like it looks good can become something very good if i know what your reachin for -- its so funny to watch ppl fight online for no reason they dont know if its make in ya mad happy sad and it seemend like they was really gettinig in to it thats abosolutley poitnless getting mad at words on a screen :D :cool: i love these smiley faces the liven up the place

BL4Z3D247
July 4th, 2006, 05:22

yeh that was uneccessary, and gunn i personally can't wait til u realease sora's adventure :D, and zion the games lookin good so far, u both got my support, keep up the good work

simonfricker
July 4th, 2006, 09:06
i have a 2.70 will it work

D0N
July 4th, 2006, 09:35
no i just havnt had chance! :D

BTW, a new beta is coming soon....

Great work zion. Hope to see the beta version soon...

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 09:50
This is really looking great. Can't wait to see it done Zion. Oh and btw it seemed to me that those "two" were just one moron with 2 accounts who came here to insult your game. If you go back and read the fighting posts they are always making fun of themselves and both type in caps since the beginning.

Zion
July 4th, 2006, 21:48
thanks for the support. that flaming was totaly uncalled for. btw the games making good progress.

Shadowblind
July 4th, 2006, 21:56
Is Future resurection a final name?

Shadowblind
July 5th, 2006, 05:26
I made a start menu for the game, hope you like it

Gizmo356
July 5th, 2006, 05:40
thats awesome

gunntims0103
July 5th, 2006, 05:59
really nice screen

Zion
July 5th, 2006, 12:25
Thanks man. Il use that as the title screen. Awesome! :D

Shadowblind
July 5th, 2006, 17:19
awesome, i did something right for once :D

Zion
July 5th, 2006, 17:56
do you have any townspeole sprites you could sent me shadowblind?

Shadowblind
July 5th, 2006, 18:21
hey zion I sent em, check ya email.

BTW, I also sent Cid, and Mogs as I forgot them in the original sprites

Zion
July 6th, 2006, 00:42
Update : Ingame Menu added, Icon added, game boots directly from icon now, you no longer have to browse to script.lua , collision detection added (no more walking off screen) title screen added. code cleanup and general catagorisation.

+ a new coder has joined the team
his name is h4rdc0m.
he is my mate and we will be coding the game together from now on.

Beta testers i will send you the updated file soon.

and we should have a playable relase (with character interaction, and some rpg elements) out by the weekend. Stay tuned!

Zion
July 6th, 2006, 01:16
Beta testers & GFX Designers for Future-Resurection, here are your userbars =

Beta Testers :

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/zion_02/Betatesterbar.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/zion_02/Betatesterbar.jpg

GFX Designers :

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/zion_02/gfxdesignerbar.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/zion_02/gfxdesignerbar.jpg

Sprite Desingers :

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/zion_02/spritemaker.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/zion_02/spritemaker.jpg

Please do not use unless you are a beta tester.

BTW, there is 1 beta tester postition still availible so if you want it just ask. :D

Shilo
July 6th, 2006, 23:16
Looks pretty good Zion! This game should turn out really good :D I guess I got the last beta testing spot :) Thanks Zion :D!!!

Zion
July 7th, 2006, 00:17
thanks shilo :D

Shadowblind
July 7th, 2006, 01:57
ah, cant wait till a beta is out with hit-able enemies! :D

Gizmo356
July 7th, 2006, 02:21
i cant wait ether

Zion
July 8th, 2006, 02:21
Edit : updated userbars. made neater, thanks to Crimson_Lotus!

Sprite Desinger

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4812/gif13pb.gif

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4812/gif13pb.gif

GFX Designer

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4600/gif33en.gif

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4600/gif33en.gif

Beta Tester

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/3906/gif59uo.gif[/QUOTE]

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/3906/gif59uo.gif[/QUOTE]

Gizmo356
July 8th, 2006, 02:24
zion can you put it for me

Shadowblind
July 8th, 2006, 02:37
wow those look awesome.

BTW, what is the current issues your working on in the game?

Zion
July 8th, 2006, 13:32
Collision detection, sprite animation, character interaction, new levels + a lot more! :D

cooliscool
July 14th, 2006, 20:00
HEY GUYS LETS RIP SPRITES AND USE TEHM LOL

*shoots himself*