PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2d Development

Pages : [1] 2

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 05:01
Here is what is added

1. bullets now move correctly (still working on placement)

2. a little something to bring that metal slug feeling to the game (nothing big, but metal slug fans should notice)

Removed

1. Healthbar (I will add it again later, but I am not going to be using it in the near future.)

2. The clouds.

3. idle sprites because the idle form of the sprites is really just the first fram of the walking sprites.

Changed

1. I changed the startup menu the OneCrzyAzn's newest one (i will add menu options soon)

2. Background in the game to OneCrzyAzn's background.

Coming soon

1. menu music!!

2. really horrible a.i. (i actualy have an idea of how to do this one ;) )

3. new weapons

Nasty Nate
July 3rd, 2006, 05:19
yeah i think so

itt would help out alot

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 05:26
can someone say BREAKTHRU?!!!! I am soo happy, I was messin around with the script and I got rid of the lag that happened when you moved left or right. I am going to post the file, just a sec.

edit: ok file added, remeber you must be on my beta team for the password, dont ask anymore becuase all beta slots are full, when I get a new major release i will release it (should only be a day or two).

Gizmo356
July 3rd, 2006, 05:30
yay

nasty nate your back keep it nasty

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 05:47
so, that just leaves ending the animations and I will release a build. Then we can get on to the good stuff.

Nasty Nate
July 3rd, 2006, 06:10
lol this sounds great, but i want to play it bad (with the fixes) but it will be worth the wait

lol gizmo, i will always keep it nasty, i need gunn to make me a new sig, but ill ask him when hes not workin on soras adventure

acn010
July 3rd, 2006, 06:17
oh goody :)

Gizmo356
July 3rd, 2006, 06:24
breakthrough!!!!!!!

acn010
July 3rd, 2006, 06:27
lol,
booby post thread gone and for good :(

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 06:27
This is killin me, i cannot figure it out for my life. What do i do to stop the animation!!! lol

acn010
July 3rd, 2006, 06:29
This is killin me, i cannot figure it out for my life. What do i do to stop the animation!!! lol
press stop.
LMAO XD
sorry, im very depressed and trying to cheer myslf

dtothabreezy
July 3rd, 2006, 06:33
make it so if no butons pressed then use image stand right or left

if r=1 and pad() then (use image stand right(in which stand right needs to be an image thats just mc standing to the right)
and the oppiste for left

and implement something like if pad right() then r=1 and l=0 and oppisite for left

hope that works and i explained it right

AlinayG
July 3rd, 2006, 06:37
well this is one brake threw, hopw you get the walking thing fixed dude :D

edit: hummm... iam about to look up how to code in LUA so i can help/make some lua games :)

BL4Z3D247
July 3rd, 2006, 06:43
well this is one brake threw, hopw you get the walking thing fixed dude :D

edit: hummm... iam about to look up how to code in LUA so i can help/make some lua games :)
same here i've been thinkin about it anyway :D, btw this is lookin much better, good work masterchafed

AlinayG
July 3rd, 2006, 06:59
will iam gone for 2 months i better see this game in full progress!!! ( i mught work on some sprites in metal slug style for you while iam gone )

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 07:11
see ya, and I have been trying to use your method dtothabreezy but it isn't gonna work. Every time I call pad (correctly) it says I am trying to call pad a userdata or w/e. Sigh, hopefully i can get this sorted out soon.

yaustar
July 3rd, 2006, 11:33
When you press a button, just reset the sprite's current frame to 0. If you want to stop it, then stop updating the Sprite or set a flag to stop checking the upate. There are various methods that can be used. I suppose I can modify my existing animation code to support these features.

GeEkPiE
July 3rd, 2006, 11:44
whats the password to open it in RAR

dtothabreezy
July 3rd, 2006, 15:58
sorry thought that would work ill loke at some different luas and see if i can help

how about if not pad left() or pad right () and r=1 then(use image stand right) that might work only thing is that might not work and might interfere with attacking later in the game

mesosade
July 3rd, 2006, 16:14
mesosade here, yeah the beta tester btw this beta is kicking ass!!! shall i repost my pics and backgrounds here master...chafed?

mesosade
July 3rd, 2006, 16:45
make it so if no butons pressed then use image stand right or left

if r=1 and pad() then (use image stand right(in which stand right needs to be an image thats just mc standing to the right)
and the oppiste for left

and implement something like if pad right() then r=1 and l=0 and oppisite for left

hope that works and i explained it right
this might work but say if released or summit or if nothing pressed or static and condtion left or right or whatever with the corresponding pic

dtothabreezy
July 3rd, 2006, 16:52
i was trying to imply nothings pressed but i dont know how to do that and i tryed my idea it keeps givin me error messages about wasnt expecting value dont know why

yaustar
July 3rd, 2006, 17:12
I have now updated my animation sample in the other thread which supports attacks. If you would like help with the code, please PM me the password.

mesosade
July 3rd, 2006, 18:20
vaustar you are oh so valuble for this project! OH AN BTW!!! when you get luaplayer for psp check out IRDA and other scripts they'll contain scripts that'll help with making hte multiplayer aspect opf the game!!! (ugh 2 players...more bitchy programming for masterchafe...if he wants multiplayer that is...)

mesosade
July 3rd, 2006, 18:23
can anyone give me any advice on how to SEXY up my first segement of background for me...plz??
if someone can get me halo 2 texture dumps or tiles that would KICKASS!

yaustar
July 3rd, 2006, 18:26
Ick. Network programming is never fun. So many things can go wrong with it. For a first project it really shouldn't be considered.

mesosade
July 3rd, 2006, 18:33
Ick. Network programming is never fun. So many things can go wrong with it. For a first project it really shouldn't be considered.
just a thought...btw can someone gimme files to a script that will load a background? i need to test and make some collisons tooUPDATE: does anyone know of a tool that lete me fill part of a picture with a custon texture? i found a kick ass texture archive and that would be greeeeeat

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 19:13
Ok, so here I am at this point, I have a start up screen with selector, a healthbar, no lag in animations, jumping with a considerable gravity, but no animation stopping. I will take a look at Yauster's new animation script. And I think i will probably need some help in my script Yauster, so I will pm you the pass if I cannot get it figured out by your code. I don't think you wanna look at my script though, I have comments every now and then, and its really jumbled up. (I don't have much trouble with it, but I have been looking at it all day.)

onecrzyazn
July 3rd, 2006, 19:23
can anyone give me any advice on how to SEXY up my first segement of background for me...plz??
if someone can get me halo 2 texture dumps or tiles that would KICKASS!

First I would liek to say thats a kick-ass BG you got there.

Also why dont you just out-line the object with that thick line and use a thin line for all the details?

I trew this together in about 10 minutes to show you what i ment.

http://img344.imageshack.us/img344/1466/halo2d5pp.png

Just an idea, keep up the great work man

yaustar
July 3rd, 2006, 19:28
The rar is corrupted. Also where do you want me to stop the animation?

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 19:29
hey onecrzyazn thx for that menu, it really brings a great feel to the game.

onecrzyazn
July 3rd, 2006, 19:45
hey onecrzyazn thx for that background, it really brings a great feel to the game.

hey man prob, right now im whipping up a secondary menu, options and player profile.

yaustar
July 3rd, 2006, 19:53
Fixed. You also may want to check my very latest version of the animation sample.

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 20:00
this is great, one problem tho, now when you are facing left and you stop, the image is the one of him standing right. So he just sorta turns around really fast. Is there any way to make him face the direction he was walking last?

yaustar
July 3rd, 2006, 20:02
Considering that I only have an idle right image, that can prove quite difficult unless you wanted to use the first frame of the walking animations?

I have done it by pausing the walk animations but since your left and right animations are NOT the same, 'standing' left looks silly.

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 20:10
Here, I just made idle_l just a sec

yaustar
July 3rd, 2006, 20:12
You have at least the base of both solutions. The rest should be easy for you to implement.

onecrzyazn
July 3rd, 2006, 20:20
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9144/asdfasd8yz.jpg

Update, I think this one is better thant he first one, Its more to give it that Halo 2 feel. Also added the bottom right "Start to select mode" And I removed my watermark

Right now im workign on the options and all that other jazz.

yaustar
July 3rd, 2006, 20:23
Be sure to seperate the Text from the back ground.

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 20:24
I like it, but since there aren't any options as of yet, make it where it says X Start Game instead of Start Select Mode. if thats ok.

mesosade
July 3rd, 2006, 20:33
whoa onecrazyazn u kick ass!!! thx for the revamped first background i'll keep to ur style I LIKE A LOT!!!

Shadowblind
July 3rd, 2006, 20:38
You can get the Halo font from www.halomaps.org, if that helps any. Its really awesome looking if you blend 2 colors. It comes with two Fonts: Outline and Filled.

heres the shortcut: http://www.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1047

mesosade
July 3rd, 2006, 20:39
omg finally i really need generator w00t thx

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 20:49
Thats right folks! A new beta and this one is to the public. Download on the first page of the thread. Walk animations fixed and no lag. Also, i added a menu screen! Press X to start the game.

mesosade
July 3rd, 2006, 20:51
oh, that's nice to know :P
HEY remember to submit to news for more traffic

UMMM can't find the release

onecrzyazn
July 3rd, 2006, 21:01
Mean either

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 21:02
lol, take a break man, and I still have not recieved my coder status so I cannot make threads on the news forum.

mesosade
lol, oh btw found the release (finally) i was just drawing scrape effects on the walls and paint closed and i spent 30 mins on my pic!?!?!?!? why cruel convenants???

oh really??? dam

MasterChafed
btw I just now put up the release, look again.

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 21:03
lol

mesosade
July 3rd, 2006, 21:05
i'm now working on script for sound effects for menu and music in background hope it's done soon...

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 21:13
I will implement music for the menu here in a minute, I am on dialup so sending music is iffy for me, thats why I have held out on doing that.

dtothabreezy
July 3rd, 2006, 21:18
this is moveing along quiet quicly if u need help wit anything holla at me:D may be will have shotting soon also is there gonna be extra weapons

onecrzyazn
July 3rd, 2006, 21:23
Wow, man that was a great beta. Great work man keep it up!

mesosade
July 3rd, 2006, 21:29
this is gonna p00n...

mesosade
July 3rd, 2006, 21:40
well if u want too here's da pefect song for the menu oh an btw dude u gotta get broadband soon! what happens when releases get HUGE???7519

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 21:49
We are waiting for them to fix our broadband so i have to deal with this crap.

onecrzyazn
July 3rd, 2006, 22:20
http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/1166/h2dupdateinterface5ub.jpg

Update, this is the baisc interface for all the Menu's (except main)

-To do-

1. Touch it up a bit

2. Replace "Start" with "X"

~Alturnatx

ninja9393
July 4th, 2006, 00:11
nice menu man:D

ninja9393
July 4th, 2006, 00:13
well if u want too here's da pefect song for the menu oh an btw dude u gotta get broadband soon! what happens when releases get HUGE???7519

Dude that music is perfect!

ninja9393
July 4th, 2006, 00:14
im starting to work on a map that looks like the base in beaver creek

BrooksyX
July 4th, 2006, 00:24

I am pretty sure you didnt make that yourself, so if you put that in your game you are basically asking microsoft to sue the $hit out of you.

BL4Z3D247
July 4th, 2006, 01:11
masterchafed, this is lookin good :D, nice to see u finially got the tap dancing to stop lol keep up the good work

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 01:35
thnx all, i love the menus, you all keep up the good work. I am trying to put a couple things into the game that I haven't had the time to realier, so just wait a couple hours, and I may have a new build ready.

ninja9393
July 4th, 2006, 02:59
My beaver creek is starting to morph into sanctuary:p

I will post it in a hour or 2:D

ninja9393
July 4th, 2006, 03:22
Ok I know it didnt turn out so good, but i had barely no refernce material. In beaver creek, I tried to do the back of the base where the teleporter is, but it turned in to something you might find in sanctuary:mad: :mad:

if anyone wants to take it and fix it up a bit be my guest

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=7530&stc=1&d=1151980131
beaver sancturary.JPG

oh yeah i know the teleporter is chessey

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 03:30
so, i am starting to add shooting, this is a real pain in the @$$. I can make him shoot, but you have to hold down the button, also, the bullet isn't coming out of his gun, but rather out of his head. If I could just figure out how to spawn objects, because all I am doing is making it prerendered, and when you press square it moves across the screen, when it hits the edge of the screen it returns to Masterchiefs X position.

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 03:31
hey, ninja, it really doesn't matter what it looks like right now, i just want a background that i can put in the game so it at least lloks better than it does now, so fix it up until you think it is acceptable and post it here. thx

ninja9393
July 4th, 2006, 04:11
I made it this time around look more like sanctuary

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 04:17
ok ;)

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 04:20
hey, could you resize it to the psp's screen ratio?

onecrzyazn
July 4th, 2006, 04:21
Hey hope you dont mind but if its a BG for the level you want I made for you real quick

-----------------------------------------------
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/5968/bgbeta7rx.jpg
-----------------------------------------------
I added Drop Ships so it would seem more 1st level ish (notice the 2 others in the BG ^-^)

Made the ground by myself and the stock BG with Mt ranges is from FF6.

Hope you like it!

BL4Z3D247
July 4th, 2006, 04:23
damn thats sweet onecrzyazn

onecrzyazn
July 4th, 2006, 04:36
damn thats sweet onecrzyazn
Lols thanks man, always happy to help

ninja9393
July 4th, 2006, 05:18
the resulution is the psps screen size (300 by 170)

onecrzyazn
July 4th, 2006, 05:20
copy my image, then use thoose attribute. Lemme Guess PSPset? to put BG's on your PSP XMS?

dtothabreezy
July 4th, 2006, 05:24
i looked at screen shots dont really know how it plays dont have the time does that have aiming cuz it be cull if you could youse the up and down buttuons so you could aim jus brain stormin how to make it better

ninja9393
July 4th, 2006, 05:29
i tested my screen size for my photo on my psp and its an exact fit on my psp's screen

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 05:39
o, i wasn't sure.

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 05:44
thx, dtothabreezy you may have just given me an idea. I will test it out tommorrow. I am getting tired.

dtothabreezy
July 4th, 2006, 05:46
really wanted to help any way i can

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 05:50
Well, when you said that, it struck me, If i could make it aim then I might have a chance at correct bullet placement. I will just have to figure out how to make a sprite move towards a specific x,y orgin and not stop there. thx a lot, i dont have time to try it tonight tho.

Nasty Nate
July 4th, 2006, 06:44
great job master, this is turninmg out great
love halo meself
i wish i could help out, but i cant draw worth a $h!t, but dont give this up, but just watch out for copyright inftingement (someon mentioned it earlier) but this looks like its turning out great

oh, and i could make you some smaller user bars like mesosade's but smaller like mine is (another great game

ninja9393
July 4th, 2006, 07:24
were going to have to make the background and the enviroments move as we go along in the level, so why dont we do what super mini mario did and make a level maker that runs on the computer

just a thought:p

smm level maker http://www.pspsmm.com/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11

Gizmo356
July 4th, 2006, 08:09
nice thought

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 08:47
that would require a lot more coding that I don't think I could do in lua (and I don't know much C or C++)

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 09:16
great news peeps, i got the bullets working near puurrrrrfect! I will be releasing a build in the morning.

BL4Z3D247
July 4th, 2006, 09:18
awesome!!! :D

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 09:23
that just leaves a.i. , enemy scripting, scrolling screens (i have an idea for this one) new weapons, music, and then to polish up and try to re-write the code in an orderly fashion. Then, if I ever get that far, I will start on multiplayer (haha).

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 10:00
Well, I am going to bed now, expect the new release around 11:00 a.m. or 12:00 p.m. mountain time. mayber earlier, it is 3:00 a.m. right now so I am beat! G' night everyone.

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 16:02
I am pretty sure you didnt make that yourself, so if you put that in your game you are basically asking microsoft to sue the $hit out of you.
i didn't say i made besides this is homebrew, microsoft can't go meddling in our little projects...:D

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 16:04
Great BG with ff6 btw!i'll to this aswell and help with the BG and i'll try and load up some more sprites

dtothabreezy
July 4th, 2006, 16:12
they could but something this miner i dont think they would they shut down the iris project but the maps and charecters sorta jus came ne way

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 16:16
they could but something this miner i dont think they would they shut down the iris project but the maps and charecters sorta jus came ne way
well...it won't say i made it anyway...masterchafed can you plz make sure the menu says music copyright of microsoft or whateva incase of sueing or extravagant p00ning...

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 16:21
i dececided to post the ultimate halo sheet here... it's not mine so don't give me credit..not much anyway...:P OH and also remember to remove code that causes to make the health bar go up and downwith l and r buttons for next public release...
It's in 2 parts btw due to max measurements

dtothabreezy
July 4th, 2006, 16:24
elit looks nice do we have grunts run ing through some game ideas

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 16:39
i just teeest the game and help with script and drawing when i can...

dtothabreezy
July 4th, 2006, 16:49
yea i know i was jus thinking about some ways the game could be done i loved on halo throwin a mine on a grunt and seeing them run to thier masters for help this do you have a banshee got a game idea for that aswell right now im jus thinking up some stuff to help

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 17:11
well,kool u keep generating ideas and we'll make it happen, hopefully...:D

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 20:05
well, I was all ready to release this beta, and now I cannot get it to load, I was trying to take hte health bar out, and now the error I get is "bad argument #2 to 'blit' (Image expected, got nil) it doesn't make any sense, I have all of the images in the folder, so I don't know what it is talking about.

ninja9393
July 4th, 2006, 20:16
that dosent make any sense at all:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 20:19
lol, nvm, it was someting I did last night. Ok, will post soon.

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 20:28
phew, panicked then

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 20:40
well, the release is out. Enjoy. I am not sure if I will be improving the script any today, I was actually thinking of rewriting it so it is nice and neat, Then again, i dunno. We shall see.

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 20:42
yippe!!! mesohappy i could kiss myself...yay btw ummm is ninja a tester?

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 20:45
omg w00t btw u haven't released any betas to test...lol just kidding i'm happy enough testing publics

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 20:48
Did you try it out? I like that I finally have bullets!!! Oh, and meso i actually made the whole project beta after I got the animations working properly, I hope you don't mind

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 20:50
can someone say BREAKTHRU?!!!! I am soo happy, I was messin around with the script and I got rid of the lag that happened when you moved left or right. I am going to post the file, just a sec.

edit: ok file added, remeber you must be on my beta team for the password, dont ask anymore becuase all beta slots are full, when I get a new major release i will release it (should only be a day or two).random file still here :D

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 20:52
huh???

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 20:53
Did you try it out? I like that I finally have bullets!!! Oh, and meso i actually made the whole project beta after I got the animations working properly, I hope you don't mind
u know what?? i just love whateva happens...btw my paint and photoshop seem to have gone rogue on me so i can't draw anything..right now i've been working on summit at school i'm sure it'll be sweet:cool:
ummmm btw just one more thing
U KICKASS

p.s i kiss noone's arse!

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 20:53
huh???first page ur random 0.4 beta is there

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 20:57
uh oh glitch found when you hold down shoot 5 bullets stay in front of the gun when u hold down fire

ninja9393
July 4th, 2006, 20:58
man your new version is sweet!!!

I like the fact that you can shoot bullets :D

Keep up the good work!

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 20:59
LMAO, thx man. I am just trying to jot down some code ideas before I forget them. i was thinkign I could make a really basic a.i. by doing somethin like this

if player.x <= bot.x then
bot.x = left
else bot.x = right
end

if bullet.x >= bot.x and bullet.y == bot.y
then bot.x = dead
end

something like that but not so lament.

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 21:01
LMAO, thx man. I am just trying to jot down some code ideas before I forget them. i was thinkign I could make a really basic a.i. by doing somethin like this

if player.x <= bot.x then
bot.x = left
else bot.x = right
end

if bullet.x >= bot.x and bullet.y == bot.y
then bot.x = dead
end

something like that but not so lament.
well anything's possible so you'll get round oh and ur post count seems to be much more bigger than the first time i met u :P

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 21:02
100th POST!
ummm dramatic non?
oh also does anyone out there wish to design a sig? i'm kinda bored with mine make sure there's a slot so any beta tester can stick they're name there.

BTW DID YOU SUBMIT THE NEWS?

ninja9393
July 4th, 2006, 21:04
i like the metel slug reference too:D :D :D

dtothabreezy
July 4th, 2006, 21:06
love the go part this is shapin up you need to set a timer for the bullets so they shot one at a time for the snipper and leave it like that for a machine gun--if u hold square all the bullets stop--if u add a flamethrower you could use a code like that cuze if you hold it down and jump the bullets moves wit u

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 21:10
I was going to , but I dont need a time, I just need to edit it to where it says something like

if currentBullet < 1 then
currentBullet = currentBullet + 1
else
currentBullet = 1
end

or somthin like that.

and that GO thing I made is what Iwas referring to when i said it had something from metal slug in it.

mesosade
love the go part this is shapin up you need to set a timer for the bullets so they shot one at a time for the snipper and leave it like that for a machine gun--if u hold square all the bullets stop
yeah i made note of that...:p

MasterChafed
oh, and the first time I met you mesosade I think I had 50 or so posts lol.

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 21:12
oh and that glitch you mentioned, i already knew about it, I am just getting around to fixing it.

BL4Z3D247
July 4th, 2006, 21:13
master, dude, this project has taken off nicely...keep up the good work man :D

and meso can u hook me up with a beta tester sig

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 21:15
can som1 make me a programmer sig? I suck at making sigs lol.

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 21:33
blegh as i mentioned eariler my photoshop has just gone PFFFFFFFT it's nuthin to do wit windows....nooooooooooooooo.........if u have it just get a texture brush make a banner sized thingy pain all over i with some funky pattern find halo font in google image search than put halo font in and put ur name on ur sig OR u can use my sig with the name rubbed out...it looks dum with the gap so you'll have hide it sumhow..i got paint working long enough to copy some selected areas and covered up area if u use a big logo for ur name it'll probably go unnoticed (even though it's mentioned in the post :D)

dtothabreezy
July 4th, 2006, 21:35
north korea just shot 3 missels for real that creeps me out:confused:-- and does any body got a banshee pic

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 21:39
north korea just shot 3 missels for real that creeps me out:confused:
wha?

ninja9393
July 4th, 2006, 21:41
new signiture for myself:D

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 21:42
nice one ninja

dtothabreezy
July 4th, 2006, 21:45
jus saw it on the news thought id tell some one im still experimenting with some ideas can you post a banshee

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 21:54
no probs here's one let me check my sheet ummm no that's a ghost...hey! nope a wraith OMG i only just realised there is no banshee on my sheet WTF it has all the boring vehicles but no banshee now that sucks...soz breezy

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 21:55
I am currently working on AI, i will post news as it comes.

dtothabreezy
July 4th, 2006, 21:57
good luck cant wait

Shadowblind
July 4th, 2006, 21:59
The sheet I sent has a wraith, but its from a birds-eye-veiw.

Do you think you can use it to create a level-version of it?

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 22:04
hmm, maybe. I dunno, i can try, but i will have to worry about it later, I am hungry and my neck hurts so I will begin work on the project in about 30 minutes.

yaustar
July 4th, 2006, 22:42
I am currently working on AI, i will post news as it comes.
Is it wise adding a new feature if you have a known bug (bullets) loose in the code?

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 23:10
well, if anyone can help me fix the bullet problem then i can move one to AI i guess.

ninja9393
July 4th, 2006, 23:36
MASTERCHAFED HERES A SIG

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g297/ninja9393/MASTERCHAFEDSIG.jpg

yaustar
July 4th, 2006, 23:37
How do you want it done? There are various ways to do it.

1) Define when a button is pressed and released, this way you can say:
if X is Pressed
if X was not Pressed last frame
fire a bullet
end
end

This will limit one bullet fired per button press
[You can find the code in my animation sample with the attack button]

2) Add a reload feature so that it can only fire so many bullets before stopping and reloading

3) Limit the number of bullets on screen, if X number is on the screen then stop firing

At the moment, you bug is purely a logic problem, at the moment you have

Frame 1
1 2 3 4 5

Frame 2
5 1 2 3 4

Frame 3
4 5 1 2 3

etc

onecrzyazn
July 5th, 2006, 02:07
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4713/halo2sig6tb.png

There you go man! ^-^

MasterChafed
July 5th, 2006, 02:14
hmm, i loike both ur sigs I will have to try both.

MasterChafed
July 5th, 2006, 02:39
yaustar, I know how to fix the bug with 5 bullets (it purposly has 5 bullets) what I need to fix is the fact that if you hold the button down the bullets appear but stay at the front of the gun until you release the button.

yaustar
July 5th, 2006, 02:46
?? I don't understand,

Press button, Bullet appears at the tip of the gun and stays there till the button is released? In that case, just fire the bullet when state of the button is up when in the previous frame the button was down.

If thats the case then instead of:
if X is Pressed
if X was not Pressed last frame
fire a bullet
end
end

do
if X is not Pressed
if X was Pressed last frame
fire a bullet
end
end

MasterChafed
July 5th, 2006, 02:46
well, i have chosen, sorry ninja.

MasterChafed
July 5th, 2006, 02:57
there, bullets are completely fixed. Sorry for the trouble yaustar (i didnt use your code tho) i forgot to put the variable oldpad in the script because I didn't think it was necessary, but now it is fixed.

yaustar
July 5th, 2006, 03:00
There may still be a minor problem. When the player fires the 'sixth' bullet, the first bullet disappears (even though it hasn't gone off screen or hit something).

MasterChafed
July 5th, 2006, 04:07
I havent uploaded it yet

MasterChafed
July 5th, 2006, 04:08
so you are sitll using the old version

MasterChafed
July 5th, 2006, 04:31
well, tommorrow i am supposed to get my broadband back, but then again this ISP likes to lie a lot, so wish me luck.

dtothabreezy
July 5th, 2006, 04:40
title topic

MasterChafed
July 5th, 2006, 04:52
lol, thx

mesosade
July 5th, 2006, 16:10
ummm as much as i hate to admit it... can you make me a sig? i feel mine lacks COOLness

mesosade
July 5th, 2006, 16:15
ok...now that i have come to realise that i cannot draw for after a few mins i get paranoid about how it looks, rub it out, and start all over again so i decided...what have i helped with...and i thought...RESOURCES!!! but i'm not gonna release little things there and there i'm gonna mae a HUGE resource package. This what i hope for it to include

TO HAVE:

every sound fx from halo 1 and 2

all music from halo 1 and 2

textures from halo 1 and 2

textures from ff6 (due to how cool bg's can be made from them)

every halo sprite ever uploaded on THE WEB!

loads of pictures and layouts of maps and levels

misscelaneous platforms and scenery

the halo 2 GUI!!!! (will make health bar kickass)

mesosade
July 5th, 2006, 16:37
Actually i'll release the bits as i go along but also relase the package when it's done

MasterChafed
July 5th, 2006, 21:48
sounds great man, I have a person making backgrounds now, so I don't really need any new ones as of yet. I have a big release soming up here soon, I am just trying to implement music and a.i.

RedKing14CA
July 6th, 2006, 01:26
Hmm... let me give the beta a whirl and ill think up a li'l test story

edit- woah, wth, how do i play this? Lua?

ninja9393
July 6th, 2006, 02:56
yes you play it thruogh lua

MasterChafed
July 6th, 2006, 03:31
you guys are gonna love the new healthbar and background

ninja9393
July 6th, 2006, 04:49
can you give us a sneak preview photo :D :D :D :D :D

Shadowblind
July 6th, 2006, 04:58
yeah, post at least a screenshot :) or dont keep us waiting too long

MasterChafed
July 6th, 2006, 05:17
just a sec i am getting it now

BrooksyX
July 6th, 2006, 05:28
this is starting to look pretty sick, keep up the good work.

Shadowblind
July 6th, 2006, 05:31
:eek:

^
l
l
Shock of amazement due to recent exposing to awesome screenshots. This is one of the things that makes me happy I have a PSP, among other things:D

dtothabreezy
July 6th, 2006, 05:36
nice:cool:

ninja9393
July 6th, 2006, 05:38
AAAAAAAWWWW now thats sweet dude!!!!:D :D :D

helth bar looks good and you put blood gulcth in

When will it be realeased

ninja9393
July 6th, 2006, 05:40
whats with the red stuff on the ground???

it looks like lava

Shadowblind
July 6th, 2006, 05:51
maybe its a boss level where yu have to stand on a rock and shoot, or you'll get burned by lava...

MasterChafed
July 6th, 2006, 05:58
the ground is actually sun tainted sand

PSPdemon
July 6th, 2006, 06:01
hmmm......

when i did alot of work with backgrounds........i noticed that on the psp...everything has to be a little more darker and more contrasted to make it seem like the "color" you want...

but thats just from my experiences :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

MasterChafed
July 6th, 2006, 06:07
thanx PSPdemon. I would like to say, that the new healthbar and background are courtesy of PSPdemon. thx man.

PSPdemon
July 6th, 2006, 06:09
np :D

just try to help where i can.....

ill fix ya up with the rest of the stuff tommorow........maybe i will have somthing in store for you tommorow "special"

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

MasterChafed
July 6th, 2006, 06:13
alright! thx man.

BL4Z3D247
July 6th, 2006, 06:35
games lookin sick master...hows the AI comin along?

MasterChafed
July 6th, 2006, 07:05
ugh, slow as ever. But i am getting there. I am glad to still see some interest in this project.

MasterChafed
July 6th, 2006, 07:10
boo ya. just got menu music working. :)

Shadowblind
July 6th, 2006, 07:12
Awesome. I have the Halo main theme song if ya need it.

BL4Z3D247
July 6th, 2006, 07:30
well good luck with the AI, can't wait for the next release :D

ninja9393
July 6th, 2006, 07:36
what kind of music are u putting in
halo theme song:D

MasterChafed
July 6th, 2006, 07:38
yeah, H2 theme (only part of it) because apparently LUA cannot play music files larger than 1 mb. But it is pretty good. After A.I. is sorted out i will release a new beta.

BL4Z3D247
July 6th, 2006, 07:42
niiiiiice...well i'm off to sleep, i'm beat...see ya guys tomarrow, peace

stotheamuel
July 6th, 2006, 07:46
be careful if it is copyright protected... just incase

this is looking amazing... only the base imo should be gray

ninja9393
July 6th, 2006, 07:58
can they still sue u if it is homebrew?:confused:

MasterChafed
July 6th, 2006, 08:07
see ya

Gizmo356
July 6th, 2006, 08:43
cya

MasterChafed
July 6th, 2006, 09:00
i dont think they can sue if it is only a clip.

yaustar
July 6th, 2006, 14:58
can they still sue u if it is homebrew?:confused:
Yes, legally they can. Most likely it be cease and desist letter though.

mesosade
July 6th, 2006, 15:56
ummmm was the song i sent too big? u no...that halo song i uploaded

mesosade
July 6th, 2006, 15:57
ooooo...just getting halo 2 soundtrack...how? well nuthin like summit that would rhyme with clorrent what gave you that idea.... NAH just kidding i used mp3 sugar i payed for it so don't fret microsoft... oh btw can someone gimme a link to a program that would compress audio fro smaller size and not make clips? that would kickass thx

onecrzyazn
July 6th, 2006, 16:04
hey mesosade i havnt forgotena bout your request, its on the way.

Also to everyone Im almost done with my BG pack

Main Menu - 100%

Level Select - 70%

Pause - 70%

Misc - 50%

For the pause menu i had an idea of it being transperant when you pause, jsut an idea though

mesosade
July 6th, 2006, 16:13
OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG
i neva heard this version of the theme!!!! OMG PLZZZZZZZ INCLUDE THIS SONG!!!! IT KICKS ASS!

mesosade
July 6th, 2006, 17:15
another bug found if you press shoot whilst bullets r already flying the bullets u fired first dissapear...

yaustar
July 6th, 2006, 17:27
Five pages too late M'. Apparantly that's already fixed in the version that he is working on.

BL4Z3D247
July 6th, 2006, 17:28
yeh i think he has that fixed he doin AI now

RealRitzcracker
July 6th, 2006, 17:42
Hey guys whats up
Im new to this forum I usually post a psp hacks and psp updates.
I've actually been working on a PSP HALO LUA game for a while now.
And I saw this in the news. I was wondering if you would like to maybe combine the two.
Maybe create one large halo game.
Also its just me creating my game. And I see all the help that master has goten. And wondering if anyone would like to help me. I dont have any beta testers I have nothing.

BL4Z3D247
July 6th, 2006, 17:45
masters not on but he would be the man to talk to since its his project, u should PM him with ur proposal

also, how far are u in makin ur game?

RealRitzcracker
July 6th, 2006, 17:46
I really need help with my main menu. I think it needs to be redone and I have the whole halo soundtrack so I would love to add music to it.

yaustar
July 6th, 2006, 17:58
Post up (prefeable in a seperate thread here) what you have so far. I be in a better position to give advice then.

onecrzyazn
July 6th, 2006, 18:49
I have the whole halo soundtrack so I would love to add music to it.

Adding the offical music wouldnt be such a good idea, a lto of companies have sued hombrewers for such things

SSB DS
Chrono Cross Resurection
ect ect

BUT if you want I can help you with the menu if you pleased

yaustar
July 6th, 2006, 19:00
Not really sued, they were all pretty much 'Cease and Desist or we WILL sue you".

With regards to the music, you can use use MODs if you have the time.

ninja9393
July 6th, 2006, 19:39
dose anyone know when a new beta will be released?:D

RealRitzcracker
July 6th, 2006, 22:02
Ahh true I dont want to be sued. Ya but ya can anyone help me with the menu. I have a remix of the halo music. So I dont think they can sue me over a remix of it.

RealRitzcracker
July 6th, 2006, 22:08
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=150779#post150779

MasterChafed
July 6th, 2006, 23:39
sigh, i am back. they still havnet fixed out broadbadn so I am using dialup. The new beta will be released whenever I get the A.I. finished (hopefully in the next day or two). As for combining our games I am sorry, but this has to be completely independent. I have really been working hard on the a.i. and am about 1/4 to 1/2 of the way done. Expect some more news in a while. Also, meso, since i am on dialup i will have to wait until my broadband is back to download that Halo theme you posted, because dcemu does not support download resume.

ninja9393
July 7th, 2006, 00:56
hows the A.I coming along?

Have you got enemies to move or shoot?:D

PSPdemon
July 7th, 2006, 02:15
Here is what MasterChafed wanted me to tell yall...

He is working very hard on getting the AI to function......he is very busy at the moment at getting some extra little things done as well :p he will tell you the results of his progress later......when he finishes up :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

MasterChafed
July 7th, 2006, 03:23
Ok, new ammo system implemented. Now, when you run out of ammo, the gun stops shooting. Ammo packs are coming soon. still chugging away at a.i.

Shadowblind
July 7th, 2006, 03:51
are you making reload, and if you are automatic or manuel?

This game is making extremely quick progress!

RealRitzcracker
July 7th, 2006, 04:12
Okay guys im just blanking out right now. Umm lets say that i want a diffrent lua script to load after pressing cross X what code would I use
if pad:cross() then---------------------------------------

end

MasterChafed
July 7th, 2006, 04:19
plz, post this in your own thread RealRitzcracker. also, i just posted the answer to your problem there. and Shadowblind, as of yet, there is no reloading (i am gonna implement it) but it will probably be automatic, but manual would add a sense of realism to the game.

Shadowblind
July 7th, 2006, 04:23
I hate to be a bug about this, its just this is basically the only fast moving thred in the forums right now. -_-

Do you have gun sprites for when a gun is either dropped or is shot out of a enemy?

MasterChafed
July 7th, 2006, 04:32
yeah, it shouldnt be a problem. they are all on the sprite sheet. But this probably wont be added until later in development. Why not do something like, 1 weapon per level, until you have every weapon? then you can switch between at your leasure. and by the time you had to most powerful weapon, you are gonna need em all. i mean, it sounds good. we shall see.

Shadowblind
July 7th, 2006, 04:35
So basically it would be more DooM style weapon carrying istead of regular CoD Halo style 2 at a time?

MasterChafed
July 7th, 2006, 04:56
yes for that method. But, remember, i am not there yet, i am still try to think of how i want to do this.

RealRitzcracker
July 7th, 2006, 04:58
Your answer didn't work
The screen stayed the same

MasterChafed
July 7th, 2006, 05:05
look again, you have to keep an eye on your thread.

Crimson_Lotus
July 7th, 2006, 13:50
Hey MasterChafed, can I make you some banners for your beta testers and possibly for the game? I am in need of something to do and would love to help. I am pretty experienced so don't expect something made in paint :) lol..

Nasty Nate
July 7th, 2006, 15:18
hey meso, that song you found, its from halo 2 in 2 different spots

if you leave it alone and the demo plays, this music will pay eventually

and in the outskirts level, when youre blowin up the scarab

onecrzyazn
July 7th, 2006, 15:25
Hey Bro still havnt forgotten about your sig here ya go
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3224/halo2dsig1qi.png

Also, Master. Expect your finihsed menues in about an hour or so.

MasterChafed
July 7th, 2006, 22:30
thx onecrzyazn, i look forward to them. And, Crimson Lotus, gimme a sample of what you do.

Cap'n 1time
July 7th, 2006, 23:19
heres a small cryptic suggestion.

Master Chief + Metal Slug = win

onecrzyazn
July 8th, 2006, 02:54
heres a small cryptic suggestion.

Master Chief + Metal Slug = win

True, and for extra lives you can save little marines. And for thoose mech battles. Giant Alien DropShips.

Hehe so fun to dream.

But liek you said you stil havnt choosen a solid gameplay type have your master?

MasterChafed
July 8th, 2006, 03:13
not yet, but i am getting closer to an idea of what it will be like.

RealRitzcracker
July 8th, 2006, 16:10
what does it mean when it the error and it says attempt to index global 'timer' (a nil value)

Zion
July 8th, 2006, 17:12
Hows the game going, masterchafed?

mesosade
July 8th, 2006, 17:15
Hey Bro still havnt forgotten about your sig here ya go
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3224/halo2dsig1qi.png

Also, Master. Expect your finihsed menues in about an hour or so.

mesosade
July 8th, 2006, 17:16
oh btw this may seem out of place but i can't get past quarintine on legendary i keep getting pwned by wraiths and such :P

mesosade
July 8th, 2006, 17:21
can ppl stop asking me to be a tester!?!?!?!?!?!?
UPDATE ON REOURCE PACK SO FAR:
been recording fx off halo 1 weps on my pc using sound recorder and than trimming iot than optimising it...

MasterChafed
July 9th, 2006, 02:15
sweet man, the game is coming along.

RealRitzcracker
July 9th, 2006, 19:40
You haven't released a beta in a while. Is everything alright.

Zion
July 9th, 2006, 21:01
You haven't released a beta in a while. Is everything alright.

He is fine, He is busy coding his game :D

BL4Z3D247
July 9th, 2006, 21:08
thanx zion i was wonderin that same thing, i figured he was codin his @$$ off lol...so zion hows ur game comin along?

Zion
July 9th, 2006, 21:35
nicely, talk about my game in the future-res thread though, this is for halo 2d! :D lol:p

BL4Z3D247
July 9th, 2006, 21:41
lol i know...my bad :D

ninja9393
July 10th, 2006, 01:48
hows a.i comeing along:D

PSPdemon
July 10th, 2006, 04:35
well.....if i could get on.....i could give an answer to that, but somthing seems to be wrong with msn, so i can't ask him or see iff he wants anything else :(

but i do know that he is coding his @$$ off and has been for the past couple of days.....

i think he deserves a little break from it accualy......hes put it a huge ammount of time into the project and many nights over board on coding....

wish the best for ya MasterChafed.... and hope to see a release soon :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

stotheamuel
July 10th, 2006, 05:07
The level select screen looks awesome!

Great work... can't wait for release

mesosade
July 10th, 2006, 16:04
update on rsource pack:
sounds sound very didstorted when played back on lua so i got rid of them and am tying to find ripped fx off internet...

MasterChafed
July 11th, 2006, 04:02
ok, sory i could not log on earlier today or yesterday, but yesterday i was helping all day with my little bros bday party and today we went shopping for his bday. I have a bit of good news tho, regarding my whole learning lua thing, i bought a book on coding games in python, lua, and ruby. (I am really only interested in the lua section, but i may look into the others) So, this will really help me later. I am gonna begin work on halo 2d either tommorr ow the next day. I am really tired, i stayed up for over 24 hours yesterday, and about 18-20 hours every day before that. I am beat. But, i am still trying to get some work done. Cheers everone.

Gizmo356
July 11th, 2006, 04:19
take a break you earned

MasterChafed
July 11th, 2006, 04:59
thx man. as for the a.i. i will release a beta without it, because it is gonna take a while. But, i do wanna get scrolling screens done.

Shadowblind
July 11th, 2006, 05:00
scrolling screens? Definatly PM Apoklepz for repeating BGs.

Nasty Nate
July 11th, 2006, 05:13
comin along great, is the source code with the release, my comps real slow and i dont wanna dl it, and if its not, could you

i just wanna look, im still learnin alittle and want to see some code done by a pro with a book lol

he, can i borrow that book when ur done

MasterChafed
July 11th, 2006, 05:24
lol. Lua is pretty much as open source as it gets. Since it is scripting language, you run the script directly with an interpreter (luaplayer). so, you will have to download the file(sry). anyway, once you do, just look for script.lua and open it in a text editor.

PSPdemon
July 11th, 2006, 06:09
hey MasterChafed.....

havent been able to get on MSN....its ben booting me out for some odd reason...trying to fix for tommorow so i can see what you want :P

anyway...good to hear from you some more :D

hope you get that scrolling screens done...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

MasterChafed
July 11th, 2006, 06:34
np PSPdemon. I am still alive (barely) lol. Anyway, i hope you get everythinbg sorted out.

Gizmo356
July 11th, 2006, 08:36
masterchafed your sig is awesome

jman420
July 11th, 2006, 09:03
Masterchafed, can you please help me with tiled backgrounds, and how to move the "camera" around a character on the screen? I have been pondering and trying to figure out how to do it, but with no luck. I dont mean to bother you with somthing I could probobly learn with some reading, but it would be realy helpful if you could fill me in, either by PM or Email at [email protected], Thanks a lot!

By the way, sounds like your progressing quite a bit on your project! If only I had started work on a simpler project. :p

onecrzyazn
July 11th, 2006, 15:29
masterchafed your sig is awesome

Yays, my work is praised ^-^

Gizmo356
July 11th, 2006, 15:55
Yays, my work is praised ^-^
lol but seriously thats one of the best sigs on this site

onecrzyazn
July 11th, 2006, 17:03
lol but seriously thats one of the best sigs on this site

Wow, thanks man lol