PDA

View Full Version : Loco Roco Topping the UK PSP Games Chart

wraggster
July 3rd, 2006, 06:45
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000FH8Z2I.02._PE14_OU02_SCMZZZZZZZ_V51279198_.jpg

I didnt even know this was released until i went to Asda yesterday but LocoRoco (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FH8Z2I/dcemu-21?creative=0&camp=0&adid=1HXVBX3G2X82XMHTGVX0&link_code=as1) is toping the charts already in the UK.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000FH8Z2I.02.PT02._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V51279198_.jp g

Amazon UK are selling LocoRoco (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FH8Z2I/dcemu-21?creative=0&camp=0&adid=1HXVBX3G2X82XMHTGVX0&link_code=as1) for 29.99 in the UK for those after the game.

acn010
July 3rd, 2006, 06:50
lol, nice, i wanna buy it

Gizmo356
July 3rd, 2006, 07:10
nice

drew4237
July 3rd, 2006, 07:20
this game looks like it was made for 5 year olds but i dont wanna judge my the cover, i havent looked into it at all

drew4237
July 3rd, 2006, 07:25
yeah i looked into it but i dont htink im gonna buy it

crowba
July 3rd, 2006, 07:36
Amazon UK are selling LocoRoco (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FH8Z2I/dcemu-21?creative=0&camp=0&adid=1HXVBX3G2X82XMHTGVX0&link_code=as1) for 29.99 in the UK for those after the game.

My former math Teacher would said: 29.99 WHAT ? Apples ??

ACID
July 3rd, 2006, 08:06
yeah i looked into it but i dont htink im gonna buy it

It's a nice consept using the button laiout to play verses normal games witch is with the d pad or analog

acn010
July 3rd, 2006, 08:09
My former math Teacher would said: 29.99 WHAT ? Apples ??
my aviation shop teacher will also said that:D

Combustolux
July 3rd, 2006, 08:24
this game does not SUCK at all it is the best game i have ever played on the psp and the most original at that it does look a little childish but it is not at all please do get this or go to your blockbuster and rent it you WONT regret it trust me

acn010
July 3rd, 2006, 08:27
this game does not SUCK at all it is the best game i have ever played on the psp and the most original at that it does look a little childish but it is not at all please do get this or go to your blockbuster and rent it you WONT regret it trust me
lol, calm down:o
this game is pure fun

Accordion
July 3rd, 2006, 09:29
well ive played the demo, its incredibly boring, just like a simpler version of most other platformers, except the controls arent responsive,
the only thing that sets this game apart from others is the simplified control scheme

StealthCP
July 3rd, 2006, 09:46
Well I think it's great. If you're into games like Lemmings, then you'll find this game a treat.

Like it or not, it's converted 7 people I know with DSs to buy a PSP just for this game. How about that?

:D

Shiaoran
July 3rd, 2006, 09:52
For those who don't like it: PLAY THE DEMO!
It's really cool.
I can't wait for it to be released for US PSPs...
One thing that I can't get off my mind: Why it was released in Europe first, being a japanese game? Strange... Could it be an inferior version?

01cooperl
July 3rd, 2006, 09:54
yeh but don't you need FW 2.70 to play this??

Ichijoe
July 3rd, 2006, 09:55
I have to say this is a very intresting Game. But perhapps as is with the case with Nintendos: Nintendogs. I find this Game to be more geard towards the Fairer Sex. Way to many Pastels for me!

But, barring that I really have to say this is probably One of the few Platformers I've played that had this level of originality. This Game really harks the kind of imagination that made Nintendo famous for there qurky Gameing.

Well if the Pastells were bad the Music (the little I've heard of it (i.e. the first 3 or so levels), is far, far better.

What is this? S0NY's codeword for getting Lemmings to forgo there PSP 1.50s' which can play the Full Retail Version. (LocoRoco), w/Devhook? As well as other Homebrew and or.... :-)

acn010
July 3rd, 2006, 10:18
yeh but don't you need FW 2.70 to play this??
even worse 2.71

Accordion
July 3rd, 2006, 10:28
It's really cool.
I can't wait for it to be released for US PSPs...
One thing that I can't get off my mind: Why it was released in Europe first, being a japanese game? Strange... Could it be an inferior version?

erm
i did play the demo
thats what put me off buying it, i had high hopes for it until i actually got to play it

boring

Stew2000
July 3rd, 2006, 10:42
You need 2.71 for the Demo but the Full game works with 2.60.

Accordion
July 3rd, 2006, 10:57
you only need 1.5 for the umd demo !
(or 2.6)

jman420
July 3rd, 2006, 11:04
how do you load the demo on 1.5? ( I also have the lemmings UMD demo that I want to try out on 1.5 )

Accordion
July 3rd, 2006, 11:14
in the uk there is a psp magazine that came with a UMD demo, it has loco roco, lemmings, burnout, mercury, wipeout, medievil, formula one, and some rally game... i think

you just load it up through devhook and play.
devhook works for almost anything(for the time being)

whitey75
July 3rd, 2006, 11:15
This game is awesome. It's unusual to find a game that is so original and addictive. Personally I think the colours and animation are great, they might but cutesy, but are crisp and clean and original.

Everyone should play this game, it's great!

Shiaoran
July 3rd, 2006, 11:39
I don't see a single problem with the demo needing 2.71...
I have 2 PSPs, one 1.5 and one 2.71 ^^

There's no excuse for you guys to buy a second PSP.
PSPs here in Brasil cost R$1299, what would be about $590(I don't know the Pound/Reais difference, but it may be R$3+ to £1. Dollar/Reais is around R$2.2 to $1, it goes up and down, but the difference is never more than R$0.20). And I'm not rich.

Ichijoe
July 3rd, 2006, 12:45
I don't see a single problem with the demo needing 2.71...
I have 2 PSPs, one 1.5 and one 2.71 ^^

PSPs here in Brasil cost R$1299, what would be about $590(I don't know the Pound/Reais difference, but it may be R$3+ to £1. Dollar/Reais is around R$2.2 to $1, it goes up and down, but the difference is never more than R$0.20). And I'm not rich.

Umm you know what? I'll just stick to my 1.5 and use the Full version of Devhook and a 1Gib Memstick. Nuff said! Between that and my Breath of Fire III I'm good to go. And I needn't have to carry round both UMD's with me!

Untill there's a reall alternitive in the Modchip scene other then for those who got in on the Ground Floor fashinably late. (i.e. 2.50+), Devhooks' Firmware Emulation is the Bees Knees!!

Hungry Horace
July 3rd, 2006, 13:44
I didnt even know this was released until i went to Asda yesterday but LocoRoco (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FH8Z2I/dcemu-21?creative=0&camp=0&adid=1HXVBX3G2X82XMHTGVX0&link_code=as1) is toping the charts already in the UK.

more importantly..... wtf were you doing shopping at Asda???!! :p

MikeDX
July 3rd, 2006, 14:24
It's a nice consept using the button laiout to play verses normal games witch is with the d pad or analog

Micro Machines have been doing that for YEARS!

Accordion
July 3rd, 2006, 14:33
Umm you know what? I'll just stick to my 1.5 and use the Full version of Devhook and a 1Gib Memstick. Nuff said! Between that and my Breath of Fire III I'm good to go. And I needn't have to carry round both UMD's with me!

Untill there's a reall alternitive in the Modchip scene other then for those who got in on the Ground Floor fashinably late. (i.e. 2.50+), Devhooks' Firmware Emulation is the Bees Knees!!

if you are saying what i think your saying....
be careful...
get ready for a ban...

SSaxdude
July 3rd, 2006, 14:40
The full version in the "other format" does work on 1.5, so also should the UMD.

Accordion
July 3rd, 2006, 14:45
risky

jimjamjahaa
July 3rd, 2006, 14:56
i got it the day it came out. its rly good!

level design is awesome. they really put some thought in to this game. and i like the ridiculously camp nature of the game. the ladies love it too

i also like the minigames and the loco roco house. and the mazillions of easter eggs everywhere!

and the f***ing owls that change your shape! im really impressed with the physics engine in this game

slayer2psp
July 3rd, 2006, 15:04
fun game very different then anything else on the system very cool. and yes if you have a 1.50 its fully playable.

tart31
July 3rd, 2006, 16:36
i dont think im breaking any rules asking this but how do you use this on a 1.5 i only thought devhook could go up to a 2.5 and this is a 2.6

Hungry Horace
July 3rd, 2006, 20:37
i dont think im breaking any rules asking this but how do you use this on a 1.5 i only thought devhook could go up to a 2.5 and this is a 2.6

but answering that question may break the rules!:rolleyes:

Accordion
July 3rd, 2006, 21:36
devhook can do some 2.60
so i dont know

squiredog
July 3rd, 2006, 23:01
If youve got the umd it wont play on dev hook....so ive upgraded BACK to 2.6 for this reason..

Shiaoran
July 4th, 2006, 00:52
I may have 2 PSPs, but I'll NEVER use a FRIGGIN' ISOLOADER!
THAT'S ILLEGAL, not emulators.
IT"S BECAUSE OF LIKES OF YOU THAT SONY BLOCKED HOMEBREW!

I just hate these people who made me buy an extra PSP to get to use ALL it's features...

jman420
July 4th, 2006, 11:10
This game is realy cheesy though, I got it because everyone said it was good.. but it truly is a kids game, it has music of kids singing gibberish. However! just in general controlling a giant ball of flab along a course is a great idea for a game, remids me a lot of Kirby and Sonic.. So its great for kids, however I wouldnt recomend buying it for an adult.

ENG
July 4th, 2006, 11:24

There was an excuse for me to buy a second PSP, it was back before the days of devhook, the GTA exploit and the modchip, i wanted to get GTA, requiring 2.0, but also wanted homebrew to be easily accesable, so i got a second PSP.

Anyway, back to the topic, would anyone say that Loco Roco is better than Untold Legends 2 ? I don't know what game to get, i rented Untold Legends (first one), from Blockbuster and found that it was a decent game, has Untold Legends got a lot of improvements, or is it just more of the same?
They both require firmware 2.6, don't they?

Ichijoe
July 4th, 2006, 16:04
There was an excuse for me to buy a second PSP, it was back before the days of devhook, the GTA exploit and the modchip, i wanted to get GTA, requiring 2.0, but also wanted homebrew to be easily accesable, so i got a second PSP.

Anyway, back to the topic, would anyone say that Loco Roco is better than Untold Legends 2 ? I don't know what game to get, i rented Untold Legends (first one), from Blockbuster and found that it was a decent game, has Untold Legends got a lot of improvements, or is it just more of the same?
They both require firmware 2.6, don't they?

Isn't that a bit like Apples' and Plays For Sure?! (iPod v MS reference),. I mean the One Game is a Hack'n'slasher and the other is a rather Campy Platformer addicting as Hell though. I'd personaly go with LocoRoco of the Two. But, that's just me. Personaly I'd reather be playing 'A Tear of Vermillion'. The only time I ever saw it, it was sitting side by side with Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Needless to say I made a bad call that day. But, allas I'm a GITS Whore! So what do I know! As I have never had the foutune of seeing it in any shops in the Frankfurt Germany (area),.

Shiaoran
July 4th, 2006, 17:03
There's no way to compare the 2 games, they are too different, for different tastes.
THink carefully, buy the one you think that you'll enjoy most and then buy the other some other time ^^

I still wonder why LR was released in Europe first, it's a japanese game! :P

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 17:19
lol true

jman420
July 5th, 2006, 06:32
Loco Roco is strange, its mostly 2D, its based on controlling a ball (that is a lot like an animal) along a 2D course using the L and R buttons to tilt the world as the ball rolls along. and when you pick up berries your ball becomes bigger and bigger, then whenever you want you can split your ball into however many flowers (plus the ammount of characters you started with). and of course, melt them into the massive ball again..

Untold legends 2 I never played however. so I have no story on that one... UL 1 was good for the first hour of loading time, after you spend about 10 hours playing UL you realize that it sucks because of loading times (this was the issue with UL1) on UL2 they have fixed this slightly, but stlil its there, its still annoying... so which ever you would rather, hack and slash (RPG) or bounce and smash (platformer) they are both resonable games.. (however, Loco Roco is sort of marketed for kids) and UL is kind of just neutral for whoever playes it.