PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2d Public Alpha PSP

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 21:45
I have released my first public Alpha of Halo 2d lua game for the PSP. I hope you enjoy.

Whats fixed:

1. Walking animations now stop whenever you stop pressing the button

2. The horrible lag caused from blitting images over and over is gone.

I also added a title screen.

Expect more in the near future.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Kaiser
July 3rd, 2006, 21:47
There the user group thing has been sorted out thanks to DS. I'm moving this to PSP news forum as well.

Nice Work MasterChafed :D

D0N
July 3rd, 2006, 22:49
This looks like a promising piece of homebrew. Keep up the good work MasterChafed!

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 22:50
Thx Kaiser

MasterChafed
July 3rd, 2006, 22:51
Thx Dawd

ninja9393
July 3rd, 2006, 23:53
thanks for realesing a public beta

keep up the good work

Shadowblind
July 3rd, 2006, 23:59
This game is making great progress. Keep up the good work! :)

xvyvux
July 4th, 2006, 01:45
lloook awsome but is it possible to make it into a regular homebrew instead of lua ? im kinda newb at homebrew i guess :S but yea looks pretty good keep it up

yaustar
July 4th, 2006, 02:13
Several things:
* Betas are the version name for 'Final release for testing'. It means that from that point, it's all bug fixing. No more features are added.

* Comment and indent your code properly. It makes it easier to maintain and follow especially in the long run

* The images need to be cleaned up a bit, I keep getting white pixels in some frames of animation

* Credit the team and source code that you used. Half of the source code is from my animation sample as well as the fixes I made

* There are unused images loaded in the game and included in the zip (the idle animations).

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 02:45
I know yaustar, I was just excited to release something to show everyone a demo of what I was working on. I planned on indenting and cleaning up code, and I am going to put credits on the start screen, as well as in my script. I am just always working on adding things to it, so I forget to do these things.

arashi
July 4th, 2006, 03:26
Hey, nice work on the Halo game. I have to ask though, do you know about Halo Zero? Any chance of contacting those guys for tips or artwork?

http://www.halozero.new.fr/

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 06:04
ok, if i sound harsh please don't take it wrong. I have nothing to do with, nor will I ever want anything to do with the halozero people. THis was my original concept (i hadn't even heard of halo zero until I made the very first alpha release and people started flooding me with comments about other 2d halo's.) I am sorry, but this was my attempt at coding in lua and actually learning lua.) Believe me, i had no intentions of making a clone of halo zero.

D0N
July 4th, 2006, 09:12
Thx Dawd

No problem. Do you need any help with bg's and stuff? because i could help ya out?

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 09:20
as of the moment, no, but maybe in the future. I have good news. I have got the bullets functioning pretty well (still have to clean it up a bit). So i will be releasing a build in the morning. There are a few new suprises (including one that metal slug fans should get since this is supposed to be a metal slug type game.)

D0N
July 4th, 2006, 09:26
Nice work MasterChafed! Hope to see the new build soon!

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 09:29
Well, considering the project is but 2 1/2 days old, I think it has come pretty far.

mr_nick666
July 4th, 2006, 09:44
as of the moment, no, but maybe in the future. I have good news. I have got the bullets functioning pretty well (still have to clean it up a bit). So i will be releasing a build in the morning. There are a few new suprises (including one that metal slug fans should get since this is supposed to be a metal slug type game.)

Cool! This one nearly slipped by me! :p Eagerly awaiting the new build (as a Metal Slug fan too!) :D

MasterChafed
July 4th, 2006, 09:54
I am glad to plz. I think metal slug is one of th hardest games of all time (aside from mega man).

yamaneko
July 4th, 2006, 12:46
good

arashi
July 4th, 2006, 13:54
ok, if i sound harsh please don't take it wrong. I have nothing to do with, nor will I ever want anything to do with the halozero people. THis was my original concept (i hadn't even heard of halo zero until I made the very first alpha release and people started flooding me with comments about other 2d halo's.) I am sorry, but this was my attempt at coding in lua and actually learning lua.) Believe me, i had no intentions of making a clone of halo zero.

That's cool. Keep it up!

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 16:50
HOW THE **** CAN YOU CALL THIS A BETA YOU GNOME****ING ***GOT? THIS IS CALLED A TECH DEMO. HEY LOOK I'M MASTER CHIEF AND I AM WALKING AROUND IN THE SKY AND OH MY GOD IS THAT A CLOUD OF DANK NUGS 420 YES IT IS OH MY GOD COVENANT STOLE MY WARTHOG
OMG SOMEONE NEEDS A HAPPY MEAL

dtothabreezy
July 4th, 2006, 17:05
hes been banned for cauzing a ruccus in anothere game thats jus started out dont pay attetion

mesosade
July 4th, 2006, 17:10
yea i kinda figured

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
July 4th, 2006, 17:12
keep it up!!

Tonx_9
July 4th, 2006, 17:30
kewl dude keep it comming!!!!!:)

Zeemon
July 4th, 2006, 18:50
Good work-- If you need coding help, or graphix help, just give me a holla', I could become part of your Dev team!

That's really funny, because just yesterday I was thinking of coding a Halo Zero type game for the PSP.

nath700
July 16th, 2006, 16:07
Yo im new to this, do i stick the halo 2d folder into lua applications? also i can beta test for anyone if they need :)

MasterChafed
July 18th, 2006, 04:12
yeah, put it in the applications folder, and btw, there is a new alpha out.