PDA

View Full Version : PSP Development Library Installer

dalejrrocks
July 4th, 2006, 02:57
Hey everyone,

Today Whazilla & I are proud to bring you another great piece of homebrew - PSP Development Library Installer. ;)

This is an automated PSP Development Library Installer. It requres no compiling or downloading. It currently supports SDL, SDL_Mixer, PSPGL, LibBulletMl, LibTremor, Jpeg, libpsp2d, libpng, libmad, zlib, and libmikmod. It is based on the newest versions of the libraries available. This installer is mainly for precompiled toolchain/sdk, but hopefully we will be able to add cygwin support later in the next release. And more libs ;)

Make sure that you read the readme to get a detailed list of tested/untested libraries, and to get install instructions.

This is a part of my "The Quick and Easy Way To Start Developing in C/C++" tutorial, which can be found in the PSP Development section under the stickies. Or Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25564). Check that out!

We hope that this will help people solve problems with installing libraries and get into developing for the PSP in C/C++!

Enjoy,
Dalejrrocks & Whazilla

IMPORTANT: People have been saying that .zip file is broken, so please use 7-zip to unarchive it and it will be fine because that's what I packaged it with! www.7-zip.org .thanks for the link , kaiser!

Download and Give Feedback VIA Comments

Kaiser
July 4th, 2006, 06:04
Nice work dalejrrocks. This will help a lot of people I'm sure of it. Moving this to PSP News Forum. :)

Gurumeditation
July 4th, 2006, 10:22
Zip file is broken

Bossmanuk
July 4th, 2006, 13:36
Yep, ZIP is broken

Mr. Shizzy
July 4th, 2006, 14:10
awe man! It is broken. crap. I'll keep checking back for a fixed version.

Kaiser
July 4th, 2006, 14:48
Its working fine for me, try using 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/).

This installer is quite well done, nice menu's and a great layout.

Gurumeditation
July 4th, 2006, 14:54
Yes, 7zip is extracting ,very fine

thanks Kaiser.

mfg.
NGL | Gurumeditation
www.ngl-germany.com

Inverno
July 4th, 2006, 17:48
This installer is very nicely done. I'm looking forward to dipping my toes into the world of C++.

I used do a little C when MUDs were popular (this would be before EverQuest swallowed the on-line RPG community whole) so I'm wondering, appart from the commands to produce a GUI is C++ very diffrent?

Gurumeditation
July 4th, 2006, 19:10
Runs C++ or C# on PSP ? I will knows it because its important for my coders.

yaustar
July 4th, 2006, 22:24
C/C++. C# is VERY VERY unlikely to happen ever on the PSP.

whazilla
July 4th, 2006, 23:27
lol ... checkout www.psp-programming.com
and learn to code

note this is just a libInstaller for psp
for whom use installers for development area over cygwin

maybe cuz of the loadtimes that's intresting todo
since cygwin install can take some time

Sektor
August 19th, 2006, 09:40
Has anyone tested the included SDL lib? Why is libSDL.a 12MB? I tried it but I still got undefined references to all SDL functions. Compiling SDL for PSP is a major pain. It would be nice to know if I'm doing something wrong or the lib is broken.