PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Longest You've Left A Game On Pause?

wraggster
January 9th, 2010, 17:27
Here's how it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you, reader person.

You probably know oodles about us - more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob - and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban ya. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion.

This is a question for the older readers, perhaps. The ones who remember playing games before there were save points. Or even for young players who cannot quite reach that save point.

Question: What is the longest you've left a game on pause?

http://kotaku.com/5444233/what-is-the-longest-youve-left-a-game-on-pause

symbal
January 9th, 2010, 18:10
Forgot to unpause megadrive Toejam and earl before a 2 week holiday in 1994.

dazman
January 9th, 2010, 19:32
I Used to pause games for days at a time. Leaving the computer on for weeks and weeks until game was completed. No saving of games back in the 80's, if you turned the computer off then you had to start over again.

That's why I love emulators (save states).

That reminds me, someone please hack the PSP GO. I want emus on it.

mike_jmg
January 9th, 2010, 20:53
two days I think, psp sleep mode

rogerthenegotiator12
January 9th, 2010, 21:13
PSP sleep mode shouldn't count since it's sleeping and not paused.

But if it does count i left my PSP in sleep mode for about 6 months.

jamotto
January 9th, 2010, 22:35
About 10 seconds in Castlevania 3.

ab_geee_eee
January 9th, 2010, 23:38
yeah i always have my psp on sleep mode, i see no difference in battery drain. I remember i used to pause games over night when i had a ps1 and no memory card though, but that was ages ago when i was like 7

cyclonus002
January 10th, 2010, 00:08
No offense but I know you are younger...smiled to myself when you put PS1 and ages ago in the same sentence, I feel grateful to have been around to say than I once had and Atari 2600...anyways I remember playing a game on the ol NES back in the day and had to go somewhere...I had to pause it but I finally came back tho a nice screen flashing.

gamesquest1
January 10th, 2010, 03:06
oh i like this question, longest ive ever done was about 3 weeks when i went on holiday with a dodgy link to the past cartridge on the snes it stopped savign so i demanded that my parents leave it switched on while i was away, p.s this was when i was about 9 or so...ohh good memories.

Eviltaco64
January 10th, 2010, 04:47
I remember leaving my PS1 on for about 3 days to unlock a secret opening and new modes in Street Fighter Alpha 3. :P

Baboon
January 10th, 2010, 09:48
Not on pause but... On Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on the Dreamcast I left the machine on for about 2 days running in training mode so that I could get all the points easily to unlock all the characters. lol

FireStag
January 10th, 2010, 22:05
For me two days with Gauntlet 2 for NES, never did beat it...

A buddy of mine paused GT2 for 2 weeks because he didn't have a ps1 memory card, I think he finally bit the bullet though when a rolling blackout hit.

Xcliber
January 11th, 2010, 16:10
I left one of the PS1 final fantasy games paused for about 3 days while we went on Christmas vacation. Can't remember which one.

And more recently, took a break from the Endless Setlist 2 in RockBand 2 by pausing for about a day. (probably not good for an original model 360 that hasn't RRODed yet)

juiceface
January 11th, 2010, 22:48
final fantasy 7 for a few weeks when i couldn't afford a memory card. I had to leave a huge fan blowing at the playstation at all times just in case it overheated

Emulation_Chief
January 15th, 2010, 04:16
Hello:

My brother got hooked with bejeweled 2 on xbox 360. Started and endless mode game and left game paused for 3 days. He, and also I, doesn't know that the game saves when you leave the endless mode.

A few months later, RRoD. On Christmas time. With 2 new games to play.

thetigermask
January 15th, 2010, 04:57
I left Gran Turismo 4 on for quite a few 24 hour endurance races on school nights. Going x-treme!