PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO Emulator for PSP RC 2

wraggster
July 4th, 2006, 16:26
http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/img/ngepsp_icon.png

NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html) has released a new Version of his NeoGeo Emulator for the PSP, heres the translated news from his page:

* RC 2 modification point

* Being next, it becomes ver.0.1.
It was the schedule which adds various performance, but functional addition above this seems that is unreasonable in connection with memory capacity. In the future perhaps becomes only bug correction.

rominfo.dat was renewed. Please be sure to superscribe the new file.

ROM the converter was renewed.

[rasutaehuekuto] corresponding edition was usually integrated to edition.
The item " of Raster Effect " is added most on Game configuration.
By the fact that it makes Enable luster effect becomes effective.
Furthermore, this setting is retained individually in every game unlike the setting of other things.

It corresponded to the game below.
Metal Slug 5 (JAMMA PCB) SVC Chaos - SNK vs CAPCOM (JAMMA PCB/set 2) Jockey Grand Prix V-Liner (set 1) V-Liner (set 2)

Those which presently do not operate in correspondence schedule become with two below.
With the following version somehow it is we would like to correspond.

The King of Fighters 2003 (Japan/JAMMA PCB) freezing immediately after the starting. Cause obscurity.

Because The Irritating Maze analog input process is not drawn up, operational failure.

Yet again translation via google is rubbish but a new release is always worth a try.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

D0N
July 4th, 2006, 16:36
OMG! Brilliant work NJ! Man does this guy even stop working? He has gaven us update after update! Keep up the great work NJ! Greatly appreciated by many people. Especially me. :D

repuken2
July 4th, 2006, 17:14
Strikers 1945 plus still doesn't display correctly, it looks like extremely blury. Would love to play this one aswell.

Great emu NJ!!, Thanks a lot!.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 4th, 2006, 17:31
AWSOME WORK dude take a rest lol only joking.Keep up the great work (if he reads the posts here that is).

g00gy
July 4th, 2006, 17:56
Excellent keep up the lovely releases NJ

jeffred
July 4th, 2006, 17:59
Thanks again NJ................ Spin masters now working

repuken2
July 4th, 2006, 18:00
World Heroes 2 Michael Max stage bug fixed !!! The sound used to stop but no more.

Also games tend to slowdown lesser than before, take kof2000 as an example, frames used to drop much more frequently in earlier releases.

GReat Job NJ the man!!!

SSaxdude
July 4th, 2006, 19:21
I love it when emulators are updated often. I wish Metal Slug would work. Oh well, Metal Slug 3 works awesome. Keep up the great work!

Ziim
July 4th, 2006, 20:22
Yup, is there a link to how this works? Been holdin off on this, but its time to try it. Too bad the readmes are not in English.

M-Lin
July 4th, 2006, 20:23
hmm Ssaxdude I got metal slug 1, 3 & 5 working **EDIT** and metal slug x

I do prefer 1 on the neocd emu but just to play 3 & 5 on the psp is (expletive removed) amazing!

moogster66 - just drag and drop the zipped rom onto romcnv, then copy the original zipped rom to "roms" and the cache_zipped file from "cache" on you computer to "cache" on your memory stick

Philip James
July 4th, 2006, 20:56
Please help me. Could someone please help me from start to finish how i get shock troopers to work using the convertor please please please.

M-Lin
July 4th, 2006, 22:02
1 & 2 have sound, 2 is slow.

3, 4, 5, and X are very playable but no sound gotta go - I wanna play sum more!:D

aries2k4
July 4th, 2006, 23:38
Cool, I got metal slug x working also, no sound though. gonna have to check out the rest.
Just want to confirm, these are all from the MAME set right? and not actual neogeo roms from the console.
well thanks for the update

dublas1980
July 4th, 2006, 23:38
why in my says ERROR: CRC32 not correct. "europeMVS(Ver.2)". what i do wrong i have every bio i put cache_zip in cache in my memory stick and roms in roms. can some one help me fix this problem please. :(

E.J.
July 4th, 2006, 23:55
Hmm, im getting the same error, it has something to do with the Bios, i have tried several bios files but its always the same.

Correct me if im wrong, the neogeo.zip that i need is the one that works with the latest version of mame, isn't it?

aries2k4
July 5th, 2006, 00:05
I´m not sure which bios are supported at the moment but mines like 200+kb.
For metal slug and the big games you have to use the converter program on the zip file.it generates an extra file which you put in the cache folder on the psp.
hope that helps

McGiggles
July 5th, 2006, 01:33
I was able to use the converter on Metal Slug 2 & X but the rest of my Metal Slug Roms gave me an error when I tried to convert them :(

Anyway, I tried Metal Slug 2 and it seems to come to a sudden hault then back to full speed at random while I'm playing. Anyone else get this? I think it might be because of the Datel Max 4GB HD. All of my roms are Neo Geo and not MAME btw.

ACID
July 5th, 2006, 03:04
NJ is the man or i think they say its actually a female coder Any ways you rock. I love mi neogeo CD but don't need it no more because all the games are great with this version at least the ones out for the CD.

Ok for NJ why doesnt the uni-bios.21 work with the last two releases

mameuser
July 5th, 2006, 04:31
Well, the Rom Converter Tool since to much much faster the previous release.

siulmagic
July 5th, 2006, 06:46
trying to load mslug but im getting {could not allocate REGION_3FX3 MEMORY}{

jaydee73
July 5th, 2006, 08:48
trying to load mslug but im getting {could not allocate REGION_3FX3 MEMORY}{

Use the convertor tool to create the cache file - this has been covered before.

Those getting CRC errors - this means the rom sets you have aren't compatible with mame 106. Again this has been covered before.