PDA

View Full Version : PSxxx: Playstation on PSP WIP News

wraggster
July 4th, 2006, 16:33
I posted the announcement of this emulator yesterday (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28076) and until we know for sure its not a leg pull (fake) - which to be honest can be said of any unknown coder- i will post this warning and not link to the site, that said heres what Seni0r posted:

For the most part IM turning the PSP project over to Zad3r(So he'll get the C&D letters from Sony instead of me ha ha ha!) who will most likely be uploading some screens of his "Resident Evil(psxxx)" project sometime later today or tomorrow, he talked about posting a video for me(Because all I have is a shitty pencam)but I cant confirm that because he's been offline for most of the night.

As soon as more info comes you know where to see it ;)

wraggster
July 4th, 2006, 16:36
With big emus like N64 and PSX etc we have to be careful because fakes do happen, ofcourse i am not saying it is just being cautious :)

Cloud_35
July 4th, 2006, 16:37
Hope it's not a fake.

But that screenshot seems to be really fake...

one winged angel
July 4th, 2006, 16:38
I hope this is real (finally FF7 on psp?

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 16:39
i hate people when they bluff and explodes on our face.
why, hope this is real, i just having hope to the n64

D0N
July 4th, 2006, 16:42
I hope this is real! It would be brilliant to have a PS1 emu on the PSP rather than having to update to play Sony's.

crossfadeking
July 4th, 2006, 16:53
i love the idea of sony getting another big kick in the teeth, all the money they make people pay out for things.

PSmonkey
July 4th, 2006, 17:04
i'm calling fake since he is passing it now onto another and they other is going to make a RE version.

There really is no reason for hard coded versions for the ps1. (Even so for the n64 emu, yet n64 gets away with it since resources are critical where ps1 they are not).

nigelrigel
July 4th, 2006, 17:06
i love the idea of sony getting another big kick in the teeth, all the money they make people pay out for things.
I know exsacly what you mean man, the giant corparates always trying to suck you in some how, make more money for them selves.
- :) But anyway this is a Great, and i truely hope that this is real, although it does judgeing from the screen shot look fishy, guess you must just wait and see

gunntims0103
July 4th, 2006, 17:10
i think this is fake sadly only cause of what psmonkey said and i agree why pass on your project onto another coder to make a RE version if it is real more power to the coder's but if its not no big deal as sony is making a real working ps1 emu for the psp only downside is downgrading i wont do so until i determine if the modchip can go to the ps1 fireware and go back to 1.5 but thats in the future i hope a ps1 hombrew emu surfaces that would eliminate the upgrading fireware scare

Accordion
July 4th, 2006, 17:12
why do they tease us,
if its real they should release a test
(it scares me that this is not on pspupdates)

MikeDX
July 4th, 2006, 17:52
I'm afraid I think I too need to call bovine feces on this one.

It's not impossible - we've all seen first hand what a good coder can do with limited hardware (psxemu on the dreamcast) but some unknown from nowhere with a single screenshot?

I don't think so.

wraggster
July 4th, 2006, 17:56
yeah its the reason why i wont link to the site for the moment

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 18:00
i wish they could stop and think what there doing to us. its not worth to bluff

borgamix123
July 4th, 2006, 18:15
i dont understand why these people ( maybe ) make fakes just to gain attention, its just useless

Pelnied
July 4th, 2006, 18:24
i really dont care if its fake.... i have BOTH HOMEBREW AND 2.71 PSPS!!!! its soooo awesome never get bored with both.... i recomend u get a normal psp too!

pkmaximum
July 4th, 2006, 18:27
Or if you have good sodering skills just use the mod chip :) Unfort. that is nothing I'm skilled with :(

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 18:31
ha ha, i imagine now
thepsp looks all nice and new, but once you opened the modchip is installed but its all burned and solder left over everywhere

charltonheston
July 4th, 2006, 18:36
It also scares me that this is not on PSP Updates and also the fact that no real mention of the new N64 emu has been mentioned on this site makes me think something fishy is going on

SSaxdude
July 4th, 2006, 18:40
Playstation emulation on the PSP is very possible (remember bleem! on the Dreamcast?) But this "project" looks fake to me.

BL4Z3D247
July 4th, 2006, 19:11
i think this is fake too, but i hope i'm wrong cuz ps1 was one of my favorite consoles, i guess we'll just have to see it to believe it

CandieC
July 4th, 2006, 19:13
WHY WOULD SONY EVEN THINK ABOUT SENDING YOU A C&D ORDER.....your stupid and this is not real .....when will people learn.

sappo
July 4th, 2006, 19:16
WHY WOULD SONY EVEN THINK ABOUT SENDING YOU A C&D ORDER.....your stupid and this is not real .....when will people learn.
Maybe because they're doing a commercial PSX emulator for PSP? LOL!

tart31
July 4th, 2006, 19:36
i hope it is reall but if not i will have to go for sonys one when its out

vettacossx
July 4th, 2006, 20:01
Or if you have good sodering skills just use the mod chip :) Unfort. that is nothing I'm skilled with :(

you can always bring the device to a PROFESSIONAL at a tv or radio repair shop ,....your local radio shack technician or to any other ELECTRONIC DEVICE REPAIR STORE and have those tiny lil point soldered by a PRO after all you have a manuel with directions AND you COULD bring him the video of the instalation avalable for download on the NET ( GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND) ;)

chaos-is-me
July 4th, 2006, 22:53
The photo doesn't look very real but i'm hoping it is! A homebrew PSX emulator would be awesome, I still have loads of PSX games under my bed somewhere so I'd have a great time :D.

I'm not getting my hopes up though, just gonna wait and see if it gets released.

sroon
July 4th, 2006, 22:58
why do they tease us,
if its real they should release a test
(it scares me that this is not on pspupdates)
Of course PSP updates doesent have it because PSP updates sucks! this site has always had more stuf on it!

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 23:09
now this site is #1

PSmonkey
July 5th, 2006, 00:47
Of course PSP updates doesent have it because PSP updates sucks! this site has always had more stuf on it!

Guys stop the PSP updates bashing.

If you actualy been to the site you would see they made a post in the blog asking for more info.

They find the emu to be just as fishy as we do.

mavsman4457
July 5th, 2006, 03:20
Right now I think this is fake, but I am holding my breath. But imagine how many apologies and "thank you"s there would be if we got a working PS1 emu from this guy.

ACID
July 5th, 2006, 03:26
Monkey your a great coder but look at it from a lot of peoples point of view pspupdates does suck.
We still love you so don't worry keep up the great work.

July 5th, 2006, 04:01
I hope that this is real and when a version of this comes out it might be like 1-2-3 fps.

mameuser
July 5th, 2006, 04:09
I hope that this is real and when a version of this comes out it might be like 1-2-3 fps.

that slow, very slow

gov1
July 5th, 2006, 07:31
Hope it's not a fake.

But that screenshot seems to be really fake...

Several screen shots of that cine at the beggining of final fantasy 7, in order would have been more trustworthy, or even a video of loading the emulator and rom would convinve me.

Accordion
July 5th, 2006, 09:16
the only proof is a public beta

this has happened too many times before for me to just except as real

Mr. Shizzy
July 5th, 2006, 16:37
I really hope it is. If it is - great work guys, and THANK YOU!!! And if it ain't - well, the PSP homebrew scene is a pretty cynical bunch (myself included & for good reason) I'm sure only the most gullible of people are going to believe something like this w/o solid proof. Time will tell.

tsurumaru
July 5th, 2006, 17:09
So has anyone officially called Shenanigans on this yet?

PSmonkey
July 6th, 2006, 05:11
So has anyone officially called Shenanigans on this yet?
Moi = Me

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 05:12
Moi = Me
Yo + Me :D