PDA

View Full Version : OT - World Cup Semis Start - Predict the Winner

wraggster
July 4th, 2006, 19:23
The World Cup is coming to an end, just 4 countrys left who stands a chance and whos gonna win, ill give my pre review of each match.

Germany vs Italy

Germany have done really well so far, their dodgy defence has held up great and can you see anyone beating them if they get to penaltys, i say no

Italy are a strong team but have had the easiest of routes to the semi final.

I see a Germany win, the home crowd advantage will left their players to new heights.

Update: Italy beats the Germans in a suprising victory (2-0)

Portugal Vs France

France in the last 2 matches are the best team in the world cup, Zidane has been in world class form and made brazil look Ordinary.

Portugal a good team who seem to get the added assist of referees who either send players off when a yellow card was really the case or if any team looks like they are gonna score their players jump on the floor and cry foul.

I think France are way too good for Portugal and i just hope that someone does a killer tackle on the Winking Ronaldo (What goes around must come around)

Have a view on the semis then lets hear it :)

jimmi
July 4th, 2006, 19:43
I Hope Ronaldo Gets Half His Leg Chopped Off

sojaraider
July 4th, 2006, 19:44
c'est la france qui va gagné !!! tu peut pas test gros !

djamm
July 4th, 2006, 20:02
well I have been calling for germany from the beginning...

cheers,

wraggster
July 4th, 2006, 20:16
i see france becoming world champs though

RaidenLT
July 4th, 2006, 20:17
Portugal is the best i have the FIGO, RONALDO, DECO!!!! all great gamers. The Ingland is OFF by Portugal :):)

(sorry my bad inglis but i´m Portuguese)

PSPworshiper
July 4th, 2006, 20:25
Go Germany! :)

cowbot
July 4th, 2006, 20:35
france vs italy the final match, and france will win

RaidenLT
July 4th, 2006, 20:37
Portugal VS Italy and Portugal will win, Scolari os the best coutch

kalo
July 4th, 2006, 20:39
itaaaaaaaaliaaaaaaaaaaaa!

HellHitZ
July 4th, 2006, 21:28
Typical, English people are pissed off because Portugal beat them again so they just flame the Portuguese national team... not nice...

Just in case u haven't seen Portugal's matches up until now, if there's one thing Portugal hasn't had is help from refs. Go watch Portugal-Iran, where Figo even got kicked in the face and the ref didn't do anything, or even Portugal-England, all the England's players had to was look at the ref saying that a portuguese player had done something and the ref would whistle ride away like he was afraid of something. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we haven't had any help from refs yet, we did, just like all other teams have, refs are human u know? They make mistakes. Oh btw, Rooney crushed Ricardo Carvalho's balls really bad, and afterwards he even started pushing Ronaldo and all, what did u guys expect the ref would do?

Anyway, my bet goes for Germany, I've tought like this since the beggining of the World Cup and they are proving me wrong. I don't know if Portugal can beat France, but we've already reached the semi-final's, we couldn't so it for 40 years so we're all happy and we deserve it since we've been playing really good (attention: I mean good not beautifully, because the teams who play beautifull have already gone home just like mister Scolari says).

GL all the teams anyway... may the best playing team win!

PS: Yeah, I agree that someone should tackle Ronaldo really badly, it would be fun to watch ;)

fafenstein
July 4th, 2006, 22:04
France will punish portugal for their bad mind and will finally kick ass of german (1982-1986 revenge) !!!!

aries2k4
July 4th, 2006, 22:35
Germany Italy is still without score. If it goes to penalties it might be bad for Germany.
I find it pretty funny that people are always complaining that the refs are for Portugal. Portugal is a small country, not rich or powerful. So if anything, its probably the contrary thats true. Come on, a player grinds his heel into another players nuts and right in front of the ref? not to smart.
It was a good game and the team that scored the most penalties won, sorry thats the bottom line.
No one has given anything for Portugals chances but there in the semi-finals and they have gotten there through their own merit. I hope they kick the arrogance right out of France tomorrow.
GO PORTUGAL!!!!

RaidenLT
July 4th, 2006, 23:13
France will punish portugal for their bad mind and will finally kick ass of german (1982-1986 revenge) !!!!

"for their bad mind" ???? Portugal????

Portugal never have 1 red card in all the World Cups all the time, just this year in Holanda but Holanda dont have fair play and DECO have a red card for this for good fair play, is the jornalist wout to transmit the "bad mind", is all lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Portugal have the best fair play team of the World Cup!

(sorry my bad inglis)

Go PORTUGALLLLLLLLLL

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 23:15
italia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aries2k4
July 4th, 2006, 23:30
Damn Italy took it

SoQb0nc5r
July 4th, 2006, 23:31
n1 italia ;D

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 23:37
niahalhal'ah'ljgxc;kwgf;khgwe';gcf;wehkgcvu'gt2e;k gc2ekugcv;2hegcfi;y2egckh2edc
LETS GO ITALIA ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cowbot
July 4th, 2006, 23:44
:cool: :cool:

kalo
July 4th, 2006, 23:49
hehehe german su***rs out"

ITAAAAALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

zrns
July 4th, 2006, 23:56
damn

wiot
July 4th, 2006, 23:58
Italy Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly Italyitaly

Go Italy!!!!!

grit
July 5th, 2006, 00:22
Portugal have the best fair play team of the World Cup!

As FIFA said. :) FIFA Fair Play Award to Portugal.

aries2k4
July 5th, 2006, 00:41
As FIFA said. :) FIFA Fair Play Award to Portugal.

There you go:)

goloso
July 5th, 2006, 01:03
Final Match :
Portugal VS Italy
let the best win!

LeperMessiah
July 5th, 2006, 01:40
Personally I hope Canada wins it. They should cause you know we are the best at this sport right.

**huh??** This isn't about the World Cup Of Hockey?
Ooops my bad LOL JK
I pick France to win actually although I have just started watching football this year Zidane is pretty damn good and coach reymond seems to be on the ball...no pun intended..
:eek:

TheTruth345
July 5th, 2006, 02:15
GO PORTUGAL :cool:

ACID
July 5th, 2006, 03:59
I say Ronaldo scores 2 on this game over France they will win 3-1.
Then against Italy i hope every Portugal player scores 3 goals then the goal keeper comes out and scores another they ain't going to let what happen in 1966 happen again Portugal all the way

wrega
July 5th, 2006, 05:32
Italy wins Portugal... 2 X 1...
Nice try Scolari!!!

firestorm
July 5th, 2006, 05:38
Im backing Germany to win :)
France 2nd
Portugal 3rd
Italy 4th

Also I dont wanna see Italy win after the supposed trip claimed by them against the Socceroos :p

ACID
July 5th, 2006, 05:57
Im backing Germany to win :)
France 2nd
Portugal 3rd
Italy 4th

Also I dont wanna see Italy win after the supposed trip claimed by them against the Socceroos :p

Well its been over 7 houers since germany was sent packing:eek:

kalo
July 5th, 2006, 08:08
yes! and i talk here weeks ago about italy in final.

and i read all about not italy to make it, because of ronaldo (hehe), germany (lol), beckham (LOL), rooney (ROTFL) and so on and so on...

again the best defense of the world was yesterday ... ITAAAALIAAAAAAAAA ... it is everytime mouthwatering to see how they celebrate this game.

counterwise
July 5th, 2006, 10:13
itali won 2-0(those two goals were ine the las 5 minutes of the extra 30 min).but i belive the france wins over portugal.

deedark
July 5th, 2006, 14:33
Italy grew big in this championship, as France did, and they both packed up the favorites; but Portugal did it also. And, we should not forget that Portugal's coach, Luis Felipe Scolari, was a world cup champion in 2002 while coaching Brazil. Even though I cheer for Portugal now, I expect a great match between them and France, and let the best play against Italy to decide this Year's World Champion!

p.s.: Vai Portugal! Força Portugal!

ACID
July 5th, 2006, 16:17
p.s.: Vai Portugal! Força Portugal! ????????WHAT the eany who Im hoping portugal wins and wins big

KultiVator
July 5th, 2006, 16:43
I think they should hold a Winter World Cup as well - to favour the cooler nations. How's some Norwegian side ever gonna win the World Cup in 100 degree temperatures when they're used to playing below freezing point?!?!?

Answer me that you hot country football fans!!!

;-)

KultiVator

kalo
July 5th, 2006, 17:07
sure, and a fat boys world cup for ronaldo and rooney, and a old men world cup for zidane and kafu and on ... :D

RaidenLT
July 5th, 2006, 18:49
sure, and a fat boys world cup for ronaldo and rooney, and a old men world cup for zidane and kafu and on ... :D

and a old FIGO the best player of the World :) :D

The_Lead_Factor
July 5th, 2006, 20:10
If portugal loses ill blow up my PSP and film it.

wraggster
July 5th, 2006, 20:16
Fifa really need to sort out diving, maybe not in match but certainly out of it, if its a real blatent dive or a lot of play acting then ban the player for 2 matches, that way it would say pack the cheating in

same for holding other players too

LeperMessiah
July 5th, 2006, 22:48
Well with less than 2 minutes remaining I think it's safe to say : VIVA LA FRANCE

Yep it was safe to say! ;)

-LO-LEADER1
July 5th, 2006, 22:55
FRANCE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! first to report woot!

-LO-LEADER1
July 5th, 2006, 22:57
If portugal loses ill blow up my PSP and film it.
lol im ready to see that.....:)

wraggster
July 5th, 2006, 23:14
what bloody cheats portugal are, diving around all over the field, the ref should have red carded ronaldo

it was great to see him cry :)

aries2k4
July 5th, 2006, 23:18
Well wraggster, I see your anger against Portugal runs deep. Was it Ronaldos wink that got your man redcarded. It was dirty and you blame Ronaldo. ya right, whatever
Well there out so be happy

yap

kalo
July 5th, 2006, 23:35
so called english fair play, rooney is a balls-butcher and they blame ronaldo.

but the greatest gift from a ref in this wc was this gift for fu***** frogs. LOL

ITAAAALIA will judge them!

LeperMessiah
July 5th, 2006, 23:39
lol im ready to see that.....:)

Yeah that would make a nice film for all of us here. Make sure that you doa zoomed in closeup when you start crying...hehe

TheTruth345
July 6th, 2006, 00:19
People act like Portugal is the only team that dives, EVERYONE DOES IT!!!!! FRANCE DID IT, PORTUGAL DID IT, EVERYONE DOES IT and it won't stop because everyone is a crybaby and whines to the ref when they don't get the call

BTW, Italy will win the World Cup :cool:

aries2k4
July 6th, 2006, 00:28
Ya, I´m rooting for Italy now. It´s going to be a hell of a defensive battle.

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 00:59
what bloody cheats portugal are, diving around all over the field, the ref should have red carded ronaldo

it was great to see him cry :)

IM playing with fire here but wraggster they where all diving the purpose is to get a fake call. Thats the luck France got.
Ronaldo yes he diserved a yellow for his diving but he also diserved like 3 penalty kicks.
In the end i hope the refs dont screw the finals

wraggster
July 6th, 2006, 01:05
did you see the actual dives in slow motion

none were penalty kicks and the henry one was

best team won on the night.

The_Lead_Factor
July 6th, 2006, 01:45
Ill post the video soon.....My PSP was bricked anyway.

TheTruth345
July 6th, 2006, 02:25
the best team didn't really win since Portugal OUTPLAYED France, but outplaying someone doesn't always lead to a win.....

LeperMessiah
July 6th, 2006, 02:28
Ill post the video soon.....My PSP was bricked anyway.

Kick ass I can't wait...hehe

TheTruth345
July 6th, 2006, 02:34
Henry's penalty call wasn't a very good call and it wasn't a very bad call. There was contact but Henry took a second after the contact and then dove like a bird onto the floor :mad: It wasn't a horrible call but it can be a little controversial :cool:

KultiVator
July 6th, 2006, 11:06
Portugal passed nicely in the first two-thirds of the pitch but (in common with the game with England) had absolutely nothing to offer when they got close to the opposition's goal... apart from a handful of squandered runs (often when Renaldo failed to pass or cross the ball).

Portugal are an impressive side, who play with flair - but unfortunately win few fans from overseas with their diving antics (the replays make some of the team look like cheap clowns!).

Still Figo and Ricardo deserve a great deal of respect - I continue to be impressed with them during each major competition.

Ultimately, I think the French played well and suspect that the final will make for an interesting and unpredictable game.

KultiVator

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 13:33
did you see the actual dives in slow motion

none were penalty kicks and the henry one was

best team won on the night.
Yes i did and i agree a lot of them where dives in both teams part but close to the 75th minute ronaldo got pommeled and ref says play on how fare of one dive being called for penalty for France and an equal one not for Portugal. Any ways hope France wins now. It was a good game except for both teams trying to be birds and flying around. The finals will be awesome hope the refs let this power nations play and swallow there wissels if not.

JKKDARK
July 6th, 2006, 16:24
Since Germany lost, this is the worst world cup ever:(

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 17:35
Since Germany lost, this is the worst world cup ever:(
There still going to play for pride and 3rd place thats a good thing not many teams make it this far

aries2k4
July 6th, 2006, 18:51
Henry's penalty call wasn't a very good call and it wasn't a very bad call. There was contact but Henry took a second after the contact and then dove like a bird onto the floor :mad: It wasn't a horrible call but it can be a little controversial :cool:

It´s funny wraggster only calls Portugal for it but chooses to look the other way when it doesn´t suit him.
Sorry but your obviously biased against Portugal.
So I´m not sure if the best team won, if you take away that penalty neither team scored. To bad it didn´t go to penalties, Ricardo was playing great.
But France won and thats that. Now on to the next match.

kalo
July 6th, 2006, 19:23
he is not against portugal, he is against the team who kicked out those self called english favourites.

and once again: the penalty for henry was a gift

ITAAAALIAAAA

Cap'n 1time
July 6th, 2006, 19:51
damn the italians... the ruined the very bizarre winning run of ukraine...

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 20:01
I think the third place game is goign to be better then the cup final.

FullGore
July 6th, 2006, 20:55
I think the third place game is goign to be better then the cup final.

Same here.

Both teams (Italy and France) didn't even deserve to pass the goups. France, as usual won against Portugal with a penalty. It's what you get when you are a little country.

I hope Portugal gets in 3rd place, they deserve it.

kalo
July 6th, 2006, 21:02
it is a long tournament. so teams who played from start very good and intensive are all out (argentina, spain, germany). only teams which could lift themselves to another level are successfull.

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 21:22
it is a long tournament. so teams who played from start very good and intensive are all out (argentina, spain, germany). only teams which could lift themselves to another level are successfull.
Do you realie believe thats the case 4 of the five top teams in the world are out thats not the case this cup has been more of bad calls then eanything. because great teams like brazil and czek are out > Still hope France wins.

kalo
July 6th, 2006, 21:39
sure i belive this. and sure that brasil and czek are out because they simply played not well enough.

and fifa rankings doesn´t mean the wc must end the same.

kalo
July 10th, 2006, 11:52
no gift-penalty for frogs, no kungfu-zidane, just the best team - no one deserved this cup more than

ITAAAAALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
:D :D :D

LeperMessiah
July 10th, 2006, 14:26
Zidane is stupid to leave ona note like that. Had he not thrown the headbutt, the french stood a much better chance.

ACID
July 10th, 2006, 14:28
Zidane cost the French a chance for the cup. But then again its the first time the Italians get a bad call against them. They should have one in regular time.

kalo
July 10th, 2006, 14:42
not to forget, it was the right punishment for such a huge french arrogance, to think one henry can do anything against a canavarro, gattuso, materazzi...

a less stupid domenech would have give earlier a chance to trezeguet AND henry together.

ps: everything you need to know about blatters corrupt fifa is when you see, that they called zidane for the best player of the wc. shame on!