PDA

View Full Version : Ridge Racer 2 PSP Screenshot Fest

wraggster
July 4th, 2006, 19:34
Gamewatch have a load of screenshots of the upcoming Ridge Racer 2 for the PSP, check em out HERE (http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060630/rr2.htm).

dtothabreezy
July 4th, 2006, 19:51
that looks better than the first

Mew
July 4th, 2006, 20:37
Where is Gran Turismo Portable?? :/

stepppp
July 4th, 2006, 20:44
The psp cant handle gran turismo. Hense why it has never been released.
Ridge racer looks the same as the first game. Smooth but terrible jaggy edges and boring gameplay.

i personnaly hate the psp, mine has been gathering dust for over 5 months now.

No games out for it, simple. The onloy games they do release are the same old crap that everyone has played on the ps2 or ps1.

Poor very poor.

emuking
July 4th, 2006, 21:10
this game is going to kick @ss, by the way gran turismo is boring as hell compared to ridge racer

cdrdj
July 4th, 2006, 21:14
Ridge racer looks the same as the first game. Smooth but terrible jaggy edges and boring gameplay.

No games out for it, simple. The onloy games they do release are the same old crap that everyone has played on the ps2 or ps1.

Poor very poor.

I sadly have to agree with you on some points. I haven't really touched a UMD game for a long time (i did like ridge racer , my first game and best game when it comes to drifting, did get boring after a while though).

But my psp isn't gathering dust thanks to the homebrew and emu's out there. Stuff like pimpstreamer, browser, or snes and in progress gba and n64 emus. That's why there's the homebrew community. It's pretty much fact that sony is screwing up by not letting homebrew through. Just look at you stepppp. You use psp for what it was made for and it just gathers dust. I use psp with homebrew and I use it all the time. Stupid Sony...

k1nn34r
July 4th, 2006, 22:00
sony really should have been aware that homebrew could have been a god send for the psp. the reason that they are not allowing homebrew is because of the big bosses at the top! they are too old and need replacing by this generation! someone who can realise the potential of the psp and take that onboard, maybe employ a few of us to make official homebrew like the locorolo downloadable demo - but full games!

dgila
July 4th, 2006, 22:48
The psp CAN handle gran turismo
my cousin has a ps2 and the games look the same as on the psp.
The psp is PORTABLE and the cpu has been "downclocked" to 222 mhz to save batery
Have you played gta lcs at 333?
gta lcs looks much better on the psp compared with gta3 on my computer (900 mhz 256 mb ram)
psp has 32Mb ram

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
July 4th, 2006, 23:03
ridge racer is probly one of the best games for psp^^
i still think that sony should allow homebrew, this will make more people buy it. simple, allow homebrew we are happy^^, more people buy psp because of homebrew sony are happy^^.

kcc86
July 5th, 2006, 02:23
ridge racer rocks.
.:}<3\/!}\{:. nice sig haha

Ichijoe
July 5th, 2006, 03:32
Like the earlier Poster stated this looks just like the old version. With some modifide Cars. Oh yeah let me tender up around €60.00(EUR) for this re-hash of a re-hash!

The least they could have done was to build new never before seen Couses. But, of couse that would have taken more more of Namcos' hard earnd Cash to do it though, when it's so much simpler to do it this way...

notaforumtroll
July 5th, 2006, 03:38
Initial d streets is the best racing game for psp, and it has to head to head ad-hoc wifi, sure its in japanese but with the english/jap instruction book you can learn the menu in one or two game sessions

BEST RACING GAME FOR PSP!!!

shrimpidy
July 5th, 2006, 03:40
The cars and graphics seem to look a bit better. The cars have a more vast variety of shapes rather than the normal sports class cars. The one shot with the car racing on the slanted bank shows like another dimension in the physics but doesn't look too much different from the first. The shots look good but I'm more looking forward to GT4.

**1_Man_Matrix**
July 5th, 2006, 04:04
Whats the problem?

For starters, why can't the PSP handle Gran Turismo? You just optimise it for the PSP, and voila! It all comes down to how bad the optimisatons are... Play Syphon Filter DM and you'll see anything is possible on PSP.

Looks fine to me, don't be so jaded about it. Ridge Racer is the only original PSP game I own and haven't traded to EB for another game, and will never trade.

I remember September 1st, 05' (Australian PSP launch), I was on the train home after unwrapping my new toy and shoved Ridge Racer inside (Having never played the series before). Then I shat myself as those beautiful graphics came to life and salivated at the power in my hands, realising for the first time just how amazing the PSP really was. Ridge Racer was my first PSP experience.

Cut it some slack. Ridge Racer rocked, I see no reason to doubt Ridge Racer 2 until I play it. :D

stotheamuel
July 5th, 2006, 04:59

Poor very poor.

but what else is there really in handheld gaming?

emuking
July 5th, 2006, 05:02
ridge racer was the best psp game at launch and it still remains the best psp game now

emuking
July 5th, 2006, 05:03
ridge racer was my first psp game too and i loved it

**1_Man_Matrix**
July 5th, 2006, 05:07

Poor very poor.

You hate the PSP? Errr... Anyone else not understand what he's doing here then? Or am I on the wrong site? :cool:

Ichijoe
July 5th, 2006, 05:38
I already practicly beat the Game I just have the Ultimate 300+:1 stuff to finish up on but, it doesn't really matter much as there's nothing left to unlock. Allthough I must also admit coming back to this title, for it's simple Gameplay. But, for no more the the odd Race or Two till I get board with it again.

Racers are good but, nothing beats a good RPG. and at least this is starting to show some signs of matureing on the PSP finaly!

Otherwise I'd have to aggree with some of those that have show disapointment in the PSP.

isamu
July 5th, 2006, 11:54
this is going to be awesome :)

mr_nick666
July 5th, 2006, 12:47
Ridge Racer was my first game too! (Im one of many it seems!) :p Its still sat in my PSP now! :)

Hope this is a worthy title! :D (I WILL admit that RR does get a bit samey but it looks so nice!) :rolleyes: