PDA

View Full Version : Fanjita Looks to a Non Eloader Solution

wraggster
July 4th, 2006, 20:40
Fanjita the man behind Eloader and a judge of one of our Coding Competitions has posted his thoughts on the future, heres the item of interest:

people have been asking what the future is for eLoader, and the new kernel-mode exploit on v2.5 and v2.6. We've been looking at the exploit, and trying to convert it into something more usable.

Right now, our aim is to develop something that no longer needs the full eloader to run homebrew. The ideal would be to hack the kernel in memory, so that temporarily it will allow homebrew to be run directly from the PSP's XMB menu. In theory, now that we have kernel-mode access, this should be possible, but it could take some time. In the meantime, I'm sure that others are probably also working on similar ideas.

We're busy with our normal lives at the moment, so please don't ask when something will be ready. The additional pressure simply discourages us from working on the PSP projects.

Nice to here of a non eloader project for the future, whats your thoughts ?
via fanjita (http://noobz.eu/)

zx-81
July 4th, 2006, 20:53
very good news :).

bullhead
July 4th, 2006, 20:54
Fanjita has done so much. Thank you fanjita for everything. Now that ive downgraded I have no more use for the eloader, but whatever he releases, I cant wait to try it!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 4th, 2006, 20:58
If anyone can fanjita can.Its only a matter of time now then we can upgrade from 1.50 to 2.xx with full kernal acess :).

idapimp
July 4th, 2006, 21:00
as awesome as that all would be. i'm going to stick with my original 1.5. but keep up all the excellent work. without you the psp scene wouldnt be half or what it is right now.

cdrdj
July 4th, 2006, 21:09
I think that's pretty awesome. I'm still with 1.5 and looking at the homebrew and emu's for the eloader versions, I'm pretty glad i stuck with it.

GOOD JOB FANJITA!! YOU've done so much for the psp community already that it's only jerks and noobs who don't appreciate your hard work and ask you to hurry up. You know you're true fans love ya and don't care when something gets released. You always deliver in the end.

dtothabreezy
July 4th, 2006, 21:14
awsome fanjitas doin things jus how i like it from the xmb him and dark alex are becoming legends

gunntims0103
July 4th, 2006, 21:35
this is great news when ever fanjita is ready to get working is fine cant wait for a releases in the future

SINIStER
July 4th, 2006, 21:56
Take your time Fanjita,rushing only brings mistakes and your personal life should always come first any way.Keep up the excellent work.
p.s your already a legend in my book!

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 21:58
i hope it will be possible for this method :)

tophead420
July 4th, 2006, 22:05
wow this sounds awsome but since i downgraded to 1.5 not much use for me but if it brings all the funtions of a 1.5 i just may be a 2.6 again but we'll let the future unfold and see what happens and good luck fanjita if it where not for you id probaly never have tryed homebrew and thanks for all the great eloaders :D :D

jOeBrO
July 4th, 2006, 22:19
this will be great for people with TA-082 psps because now they will eventually have kernal access and can join the club :)

very impressive fanjita

uhoh_hotdogs
July 4th, 2006, 22:20
Wow, this seems like excellent news. One of the few things people complain about having 2.00+ filmware is that you have to load up GTA first. Hopefully we won't have to do that anymore.

gotmilk0112
July 4th, 2006, 22:43
fanjita = legend.
peroid.

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 22:51
lol.
its gonna be awsome. if it comes out

stotheamuel
July 4th, 2006, 22:54
hmm if anyone can do it he can... and when he does i may actualy update

BALL_SAC
July 4th, 2006, 22:57
cant wait....

Accordion
July 4th, 2006, 23:12
Wow, this seems like excellent news. One of the few things people complain about having 2.00+ filmware is that you have to load up GTA first. Hopefully we won't have to do that anymore.

you will need the gta exploit eloader to apply the patch, it will only be in RAM so if you perform a hard reset, the patch will no longer work.

as long as sleep mode works then that will be okay

Misleading
July 4th, 2006, 23:13

First off thank you fanjita you eloader is amazing. But uhoh_hotdogs i think fanjita is trying to implement a hack thats loaded by gta into the ram to cause homebrew to be loaded in the main menu. So you would still need to load gta up once then untill you turn off the psp loading homebrew will still work.
But still if fanjita used kernal expliot and some how patched the flash causeing homebrew to be loaded permentally then fanjita would be a god.
Edit lol accordian boy you beat me by one minute:)

acn010
July 4th, 2006, 23:13
you will need the gta exploit eloader to apply the patch, it will only be in RAM so if you perform a hard reset, the patch will no longer work.

as long as sleep mode works then that will be okay
oh yeah your right, crap.......

borgamix123
July 5th, 2006, 00:12
i think his eloader will be forgot now, duo to the downgrader

But besides that, fanjita rocks!!

Edshugeo
July 5th, 2006, 00:37

The eLoader was the begining for me and shall never be forgotten.

So far it looks like I'll remain at 1.5, but I look forward to whatever he has cookin'. If a permament hack is found for the higher firmwares, then I'll come aboard.

Cavern
July 5th, 2006, 01:09
I need to downgrade, but i cant because then i need to upgrade.. so where can i find a 2.5 or a 2.6 update? i have looked for it, but cant find anything but 2.71... if i use the updater on the psp, that goes through the psp browser.. will it then jump to 2.71 from 2.01 wich is what i use...?

V3N0M
July 5th, 2006, 02:08
Wouldn't be cool if he could make homebrew load like 1.5.

PSPegasus
July 5th, 2006, 02:32
I think it's great that he's going to try, but I'm a little skeptical of whether it can work. But like most of you have said, if anyone can do it, Fanjita can!
Good luck with it and I really, really hope you pull it off.

mameuser
July 5th, 2006, 02:58
if the encryt kep is unlock, than can

Misleading
July 5th, 2006, 03:21

Dont forget ta-082 users cant downgrade. So that means that anybody that buys a psp in the near future and wants to use homebrew will use his eloader. Unless they get stuck with 2.7. I was unlucky because i traded in my no ta-082 psp that had a wobbley shoulder button for a ta-082 peice of garbage.
The eloader will never be forgotten unless 2.6 is cracked and allowed to run homebrew from the menu with out gta

Gizmo356
July 5th, 2006, 03:40
it doesnt mater if its forgoten because fanjita made this and the new possible xploit

July 5th, 2006, 03:42
Sweet now I don't have to downgrade my psp. It will proabably be able to run all homebrew scince it has kernal mode access. It will be like having a 1.5but it is 2.6 and gta is not required.

SSaxdude
July 5th, 2006, 04:07
Hopefully some crazy exploit will be discovered in 2.7+.

YourStillWithMe
July 5th, 2006, 04:37
The GTA method is a bit well in the beta stages and i agree to the fact that it would be great to not have to use (i have 2 1.5's but i tried it out through devhook and i hated it) previous 2.50-2.60 users that are now 1.5. . .would you agree?

ditlew
July 5th, 2006, 06:25
It is sad to see that our effort, going from fanjita.org -> noobz.eu, didn't change a thing. When a site like this (one of my fav. actually) still ignores the team effort in eLoader, and our side projects.

// Ditlew

SINIStER
July 5th, 2006, 06:51
It is sad to see that our effort, going from fanjita.org -> noobz.eu, didn't change a thing. When a site like this (one of my fav. actually) still ignores the team effort in eLoader, and our side projects.
// Ditlew
We(including myself) have been clamoring fanjita's work and have forgotten that eloader was never a one man project and have not showed the love and respect that ditlew so well deserves.For that I offer my most humble apolgies ditlew!
p.s If not for eloader I neva have known psp hb,Thank You!

the one and only
July 5th, 2006, 06:57
so this will be like 1.5 but better :D i cant wait

the one and only
July 5th, 2006, 07:03
Ditlew you and fanjita rock, i have the same high respect for both of you, the reason that most of us still say fanjita is that we have been following your legendary work for over a year now and the fanjita name has just stuck.

all i can say now is you 2 are 1337 noobz

BrooksyX
July 5th, 2006, 07:33
so this will be like 1.5 but ALMOST AS GOOD :D i cant wait

Right now it seems that you are going to have to load up a ram patcher through the gta exploit and as long as you psp isnt turned off you can load homebrew from the xmb menu. But every time you turn on your psp (not resume from sleep) you have to reload the gta exploit. So that could get annoying and also be a problem for people without gta.

Ultimatly, I hope he finds a way to patch the flash0 so that you can always play homebrew. But i dont know if this is possible.

Gizmo356
July 5th, 2006, 07:38
thats good i dont turn off my psp i always put it in sleep mode

eldj
July 5th, 2006, 10:50
nice work i need this cuz im 1 of the unlucky to have a ta-082

the one and only
July 5th, 2006, 11:24
The eLoader was the begining for me and shall never be forgotten.

So far it looks like I'll remain at 1.5, but I look forward to whatever he has cookin'. If a permament hack is found for the higher firmwares, then I'll come aboard.

hear hear

Vega
July 5th, 2006, 12:06
Yea.. fanjita done alot for us 2.6 users back then. I would have presummed his work may be over for a while.. seeing as most of us has now downgraded... but this is great news. Hopefully Fanjita will come up with more revolutionary work and keep up the great progress he has contributed to the PSP homebrew scene. A legend.

Lodis
July 5th, 2006, 12:27

// Ditlew

Ditlew makes an extremely important point here. So many of you are so busy praising Fanjita that you neglect to remember that the Psp homebrew community is all about team work. There are far too many devs, users and others who have discovered things or helped out in some way and been given no credit at all because people were too busy praising one person who happened to be in the spotlight.

I never used the Eloader apart from when I downgraded my 2nd 2.6 Psp a few days ago. I have no time for ''rubbing'' other peoples egos I only have time to say thanks to ALL of those involved in the breakthroughs and the Psp homebrew community as a whole.

lplover2k
July 5th, 2006, 12:35
cool will wait for it!!! thx Fanjita!! i have not downgrading will wait it!!

mr_nick666
July 5th, 2006, 12:38
Ditlew makes an extremely important point here. So many of you are so busy praising Fanjita that you neglect to remember that the Psp homebrew community is all about team work. There are far too many devs, users and others who have discovered things or helped out in some way and been given no credit at all because people were too busy praising one person who happened to be in the spotlight.

I never used the Eloader apart from when I downgraded my 2nd 2.6 Psp a few days ago. I have no time for ''rubbing'' other peoples egos I only have time to say thanks to ALL of those involved in the breakthroughs and the Psp homebrew community as a whole.

Its a good point youve made :o Standing on the shoulders of giants and all that.. :rolleyes:

Id consider upgrading (maybe!) if this works though! :p

Dickhead
July 5th, 2006, 15:33
Thank you fanjita for your eloader your the best! this is great news. We may even have full homebrew compatibility on the xmb menu on a 2.6 soon!.

vettacossx
July 5th, 2006, 17:52
as awesome as that all would be. i'm going to stick with my original 1.5. but keep up all the excellent work. without you the psp scene wouldnt be half or what it is right now

can i just ask you???? whats the point of us staying at 1.5 if our 2.6 has kernall access maybe a few of you dont FULLY understand exactly HOW BIG THIS REALLY IS!!!

basicly WHAT THIS WOULD MEAN IS THE FIRMEWARE 2.6 WOULD BE THE EXACT SAME COMPATABILITY AS THE 1.5!!!! meaning that the 2.6 (NOT the 1.5)... would BECOME THE NEW quote on quote "BEST FIRMEWARE":eek:
it will do all that a 1.5 does AND MORE;) think about this.....in three months or so DCemu members will enjoy the same firmewares as each other :D no more firmeware wars:rolleyes: ...lol..just a solid scene working together in harmony loading there HB like a 1.5 and playing there 2.6 games!:cool: we will ALL BE RUNNING 2.6 WITH ALL THE ABILITYS OF 1.5... including LOADING FROM THE XMB. MENU!!!(the psp main menu like 1.5;))

ONE BIG HAPPY HB FAMILY!!! :)

AS FAR AS DITLEWS POST! ;) WHY NOT MAKE A SITE JUST FOR "psp homebrew dev creds.!" CALL IT....UMM....DUH....AWW...IDUNNO >>>>MadPsProps:D LOL

BrooksyX
July 5th, 2006, 18:10
can i just ask you???? whats the point of us staying at 1.5 if our 2.6 has kernall access maybe a few of you dont FULLY understand exactly HOW BIG THIS REALLY IS!!!

basicly WHAT THIS WOULD MEAN IS THE FIRMEWARE 2.6 WOULD BE THE EXACT SAME COMPATABILITY AS THE 1.5!!!! meaning that the 2.6 (NOT the 1.5)... would BECOME THE NEW quote on quote "BEST FIRMEWARE":eek:
it will do all that a 1.5 does AND MORE;) think about this.....in three months or so DCemu members will enjoy the same firmewares as each other :D no more firmeware wars:rolleyes: ...lol..just a solid scene working together in harmony loading there HB like a 1.5 and playing there 2.6 games!:cool: we will ALL BE RUNNING 2.6 WITH ALL THE ABILITYS OF 1.5... including LOADING FROM THE XMB. MENU!!!(the psp main menu like 1.5;))

ONE BIG HAPPY HB FAMILY!!! :)
AS FAR AS DITLEWS POST! ;) WHY NOT MAKE A SITE JUST FOR "psp homebrew dev creds.!" CALL IT....UMM....DUH....AWW...IDUNNO >>>>MadPsProps:D LOL

Because every single time you turn on your psp you have to boot up gta first. I for one dont have a copy of gta so why would i go out and spend 50 bucks to play homebrew that i could already play for free.

Now lets say fanita comes up with a way to permanetly modify the 2.6 flash0 so that you only have to apply the patch once then you can always play homebrew with kernal from the xmb. I am all in if that happens, but i dont know if this is possible. Well just have to wait and see.

vettacossx
July 5th, 2006, 18:39
READ THE WHOLE THING OMG DUDE!;) lol
look bro your missing ythe point WE WONT NEED GTA ANYMORE ..lol WE WILL BE ABLE TO UPGRADE OUR 1.5 TO 2.6!! and load homebrew the same way but MORE THAN THAT it will finally ( 2.6 that is ) play EVERY SINGLE THING that 1.5 does! because of kernall access read the WHOLE post next time bro ;) lol...but any how hows the bigmace doin havent seen you in a DCemu min bro lol

Accordion
July 5th, 2006, 18:55
so far fanjita and ditlew are trying to work out a way to apply a patch in RAM only

they have already stated you will still need GTA to apply and reapply the patch after a hard rest.

a flash patch will not appear in a long time if at all, first we need a proof of concept, then it must be refined, flash patch is risky, it will need to be as perfect as possible to work and that will take a long time.

think of how long the eloader has been worked on since the first release!

BrooksyX
July 5th, 2006, 18:58
look veta I am just saying that right now it looks fanita is going to try to make a ram patcher that allows a full unlocked firmware. But it also looks like that you will need to use gta to apply the patch. Now every time you power down your psp and then power up again you will have to reapply the patch. this is what i have been hearing on all the sites. Now trust me i hope what you think will happen is true, but i dont know if it is possible to ptach the flash0 in that way.

Samball91
July 5th, 2006, 19:37
im a strong fan of Fanjita and all of those who helped with Eloader. i think a great project would be to make a FW loader for 2.6 for those who are A) too nervous to downgrade B) Have the TA-082 or C) upgraded to 2.7 or 2.71. This would allow users to emulate other FW versions above and below 2.5/2.6

TeamOverload
July 5th, 2006, 21:55
How would a project like this help those who update to 2.7/2,71? You will still need GTA to apply it.

NoQuarter
July 6th, 2006, 07:41
A flash patch shoud be safe to test these days with things like devhook,modchips and firmware modules around

Accordion
July 6th, 2006, 09:05
yes it would work on 1.50, with a lot of testing

but to apply a flash patch on newly found access to 2.60 is madness, its still so unstable

k0pp0
July 6th, 2006, 09:08
I really hope the noobz.eu folks can pull something out of the bag here. I'm gutted that my psp is a IC1003 model and therefore won't accept the downgrade.. But no pressure!