PDA

View Full Version : PSP Revolution v0.2

wraggster
July 5th, 2006, 17:09
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/psprev167.JPG

DeNitro & Devin923 (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psprevolution.shtml) are back with a new release of PSP Revolution (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14053), heres all the info from this great release:

Thanks for trying out PSP Revolution 0.2

PSP Revolution is based off the popular game Stepmania and is compatible
with Stepmania (.SM) and Dance With Intensity (.DWI) song files.

To install additional songs, copy them into pack folders in
"\psp\game\pspr\songs" just as you would in Stepmania

To Install, copy contents of 1.0 or 1.5 folder (depending on your firmware version)
in to your "\psp\game" folder.

If you are using firmware 1.0 eboot, you must also copy the folders out of the
1.5 folder, make sure NOT to overwrite the 1.0 EBOOT.PBP

"Plaguemix Series" songs are by Plaguefox (www.gamecast.org) and were downloaded
directly off the songs section on www.stepmania.com

"Dancing WipEout" songs are by W1p3out and
downloaded from (http://ddrmulhouse.free.fr/W1p3out_simfiles/Dancing_WipEout_v2_0.html)

For the best music experience we recommend playing with head/earphones.

This version has a different folder tree than the last, so it's reccomended to backup your old song folder from your memory stick, removing 0.1, and installing 0.2 fresh.

The songs included in this version are different than the songs that were included in this version, so remember to copy them into version 0.2 before you delete them if you want to keep the original songs!

CONTROLS:

For most game screens:
X - Select/Accept
/\ - Go Back / Cancel

Song Select Sreen:
[] - Song Options
LEFT / RIGHT - Change Song Difficulty (some songs may only have 1)

Main Game:
UP / DOWN / LEFT / RIGT are used in conjunction with /\ / X / [] / O to hit arrows

Version History:
7/04/06 - 0.2

(NEW)
-Added theme support for loading custom graphics
-Added an options menu to the song select screen accessible by pressing SQUARE)
-Arrow Speed Modifiers available in the song options menu (see above)
-Preliminary support for song Freezes (Like in Sandstorm)
-OGG Music files are now supported
-JPG Background files are now supported
-Beginner "feet" color added
-Music preview plays for selected song at song select screen
-Marathon songs are now supported
-Letter grades are now awarded at the song score screen

(CHANGE)
-Song difficulty selection is now sorted easiest(left) to hardest(right)
-Holds are now active a little longer after button release
-Song select screen now scrolls the list with more than 18 entries
-Missed steps now are now counted as soon as they go out of "boo" range
-Combo numbers are now outlined for more definition
-Top arrows are lit up to match the song's beat
-Game now runs at the default CPU speed (222mhz) (reduces battery usage)
-Graphics mode now 32-bit
-Combo counter during gameplay now displays up to 4 digits
-Putting the PSP into suspend mode during a song will return game to main menu when resumed
-MP3's (along with OGG's) are now streamed from the Memory Stick during play
-Speed improvement when flipping through song lists
-Much improved error handling throughout the game
-Support for a wider variety of song banners (will rotate/resize them into place)

(FIX)
-Increased Song Compatibility
-Changed how some song's are synced
-Arrow's should no longer "drift" slightly out of sync during the duration of a song
-Fixed reading of interlaced PNG files which would previously crash song select screen
-Fixed rare cases of broken hold notes
-Fixed rare case of songs missing the first couple of steps
-Fixed bug where holds very close to a step on same column being hit with the step hit
-Fixed missing difficulty text during game and score screen
-Pressing several buttons at once no longer crashes song select screen
-No longer need to change the folder name for v2.0+ Eboot Loaders
-Fixed a small memory leak which could cause crashes after numerous songs are played.
-Fixed a bug where arrows would stop coming up during gameplay
-Other minor bug fixes

Download and Give Feedback on this Great Release Via Comments
via denitro (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=57675)

D0N
July 5th, 2006, 17:17
Nice work DeNitro & Devin923! It's a shame i can't play this excellent piece of homebrew since i bricked my PSP. :(

(YAY! 300 posts! Woot! :D)

Atien
July 5th, 2006, 17:20
Awesome :) Nice to see that you're still working on this great game!

One thing that would be cool for a next release would be a 2 players mode with only one psp :D
But take your time guys, I'm already very thankful for having the ability to play 'butterfly' everywhere!

Napalm-Death
July 5th, 2006, 17:22
Omg omg, time to get rid of all of my stuff. Ayumi Hamasaki time!

crzisme
July 5th, 2006, 17:54
If first and second player can play at the same time on the same PSP via player one gets the D-PAD and player two uses Triangle Cross Square and Circle that would be amazing.

Awesome work though.

Gizmo356
July 5th, 2006, 17:57
this game is too dificult

Searching4me123
July 5th, 2006, 17:59
nice i love ddr

Pelnied
July 5th, 2006, 18:58
dude... OMG its been i think like since the first releases of homebrew this thing has been updated..... if they continue to update this could be the only thing people would doenload

July 5th, 2006, 18:59
This game is adicting soon as Itryed it i could not stop playing it. Whell this is a big improvement scince the first versoin. Keep it up Denitro And Devin923.

jman420
July 5th, 2006, 19:01

HAHA! "too difficult" :p Its not easy, but at some point you can master it (I got a AAA on 'Sexy Planet' heavy mode yesterday) and on DDR pads too, and can get a AA on almost any song)including all my favorite songs: 'B4U', 'B4U' speed mix, 'The Cube', 'Sexy Planet', 'Burning heat', 'Candy', '.59', 'Boom Boom Dollar' (speed mix), 'Captian Jack', 'Sandstorm', 'Kick The Can' (lummnies theme :p ), 'I like to move it',
and 'My generation'. All the good ones :D

its nice to hear that this has been worked on though, I use stepmania for PC and have almost every DDR song ever made, and would like to play them on my psp every once in a while. But the other version of PSP Revolution woul never sync the arrows with the beat, and for some reason this was never cought.

I think that this game is awesome! so I think I'm going to download it :D

E.J.
July 5th, 2006, 20:05
WOW, This is great!!!!!, Thanks DeNitro & Devin923 i have been waiting a long long time for this!!!

stotheamuel
July 5th, 2006, 20:06
I can't believe it finaly an update...

great game

samthegreat68
July 5th, 2006, 20:27
so its dance dance revolution but you use you thumbs? that dosnt sound very fun unless you have a dance pad for psp

jman420
July 5th, 2006, 21:24
you use O [] ^ X and left right up down.. its like DDR on a ps1, ps2, xbox, DC, N64, Gamecube, Gameboy, and computer.. all without pads..

-LO-LEADER1
July 5th, 2006, 21:52
whatever this game rocks.... i remember that one game Button smashin revolution..lol i modded that thing so much ..lol
The good old days..keep up the great work guys

BigBoiPnoy
July 5th, 2006, 22:18
Nice job man lol i was messin around with the first version of this and made it look like the theme for AOI(look at stepmania.com to get the theme AOI for stepmania) lol i did that cause i was bourd but now this is out and this one is better. great job man!!!

idapimp
July 5th, 2006, 23:24
damn i been waiting for this

Reficul
July 6th, 2006, 00:47
denitro you are king!

lol

djemotion
July 6th, 2006, 02:21
old skool ddrers reunite,anyone remember dancegames.com? brighton old dancegamer known as dancemaster dawson thats me!

pokemon_4_life_ese
July 6th, 2006, 02:39
if you haven't already visited flashflashrevolution.com you should because that website is a really good place because they got an onlone version of DDR and they also have a large collection of stepmania songs

BigBoiPnoy
July 6th, 2006, 03:15
if you haven't already visited flashflashrevolution.com you should because that website is a really good place because they got an onlone version of DDR and they also have a large collection of stepmania songs

ehhh dude just go to www.stepmaniaonline.com way better than that lame flash revolution..... you actually get to against ppl around the world at the same time with this online version off stepmania man:D

Cavern
July 6th, 2006, 04:10
what do you do when this happens <- -> i know just press hard, but cant that damage the sticks over long time, or is there another way for it?

Cloud_35
July 6th, 2006, 04:13
Been waiting for this, huh!

Anyone knows another direction of stepmania files??

pokemon_4_life_ese
July 6th, 2006, 04:52
ehhh dude just go to www.stepmaniaonline.com way better than that lame flash revolution..... you actually get to against ppl around the world at the same time with this online version off stepmania man:D

hey thanks man! i think i'll check it out!

vettacossx
July 6th, 2006, 20:00
now i gotta see this!

killurparents
July 6th, 2006, 23:37
This is an awesome program... but it NEEDS to save the high scores. That would at least give some incentive to keep playing

killakirby
July 8th, 2006, 02:47
haha yay! i thought they would give up on this project. i had 0.1 quite a few months ago.

csd-san
July 9th, 2006, 08:17
NICE! One of the first homebrew I'll actually play that isn't an emulator. <3

Yasir Said
July 9th, 2006, 19:12
This is an awesome program... but it NEEDS to save the high scores. That would at least give some incentive to keep playing

ya but it saves a print screen if u want it too, so i think thats good enough =) .. if not more

acn010
July 11th, 2006, 09:02
holy ****ing cracker, it came out another precious version, that is just wrong, meh,
now .........
downloading...........
he he
me likey this game XD

vettacossx
July 14th, 2006, 05:58
why didnt DCemu get the ANIME MODS :( im sad i cant try them because im a pspupdates h8ter ;)...lol

SINIStER
July 14th, 2006, 08:15
why didnt DCemu get the ANIME MODS :( im sad i cant try them because im a pspupdates h8ter ;)...lol
lol well pspbrew has them also...unless your a pspbrew hater too. lol

MasterChafed
July 14th, 2006, 10:56
dude, i rule at this game. i downloaded the 0.1 version a long time ago and didn't put it down for months. version 2 is sweet, too bad the old songs are gone. Meh, i will just download em later. Anyway, right now i am trying to perfect my skills in Max forever. I can complete it, so not too long before i can get every step.

DefaultGen
July 19th, 2006, 07:42
Haha, I totally missed the boat on this one :o I was going to write an email begging for continued support for this when I stumbled upon the new version. Speed mods! Now I can play So Deep -PSM- without failing on Oni :D

Edit: A lot of my songs are still off sync :( but the speed mods are great thank you :D

jettremix
July 21st, 2006, 16:57

i dont think its too difficult i think its fun to have a chalenge. if it was too easy iot would suck. i love this homebrew by the way this is my favorite homebrew of all time. thanks for makin it keep up the great work.:D

kloy
August 9th, 2006, 21:06
Hey guys... I have made an awesome game called Superman: Legacies. Though its a .exe file I've found a way to get it on the PSP just play the whole game on the computer so that it saves your data. Than open the file using an exe opener. Just need the words. Put the saved files in saved games spot on PSP and exe file in photo section. Load the photo and it works. Big flaw huh maybe someone can find a way to use it well. Remember to beat it first. Its the only way.

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 21:13
HUH...What the? are you for real? Can you please post the game somewhere in the forums so we can have a look at what you're talking about?

yaustar
August 10th, 2006, 00:49
No he/she isn't. He/she doesn't even know what source code is.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=162771#post162771

DefaultGen
August 22nd, 2006, 07:34
I haven't really looked a whole lot, and sorry to bump an old thread, and please don't flame me if this is a well known issue, but the timing windows drastically vary with different BPMs. Slower songs have absolutely enormous timing windows. I AAed bag with single digit greats on 0.75x (65bpm with offbeat arrows), yet I can barely pass Pandemonium (330bpm song, mostly on beat) on Hard because the timing windows shrink so much.

Sorry if this is a known issue guys, i'm working on AAAing bag on 0.75x in case you're not working on this right now :D

antoine
August 22nd, 2006, 14:37
nice nice nice homebrew homebrew homebrw im lovin it

antoine
August 22nd, 2006, 14:41
im trying it

antoine
August 22nd, 2006, 14:41
think its work

antoine
August 22nd, 2006, 14:42
yeah its work awesome!!!!!

Lalle
September 15th, 2006, 16:12
It's very easy if u play with both arrows and x,o etc. Helped me alot when i tried to do that

kalhalla
September 20th, 2006, 05:21
Amazing

kando
September 20th, 2006, 23:35
im so addicted....need some mods! :D

Lalle
September 23rd, 2006, 07:49
Is a 0.3 comming soon? :)

jak66
September 23rd, 2006, 08:12
Is a 0.3 comming soon?
I wouldnt get your hopes up, it was like a six month gap (i think) between version 0.1 and 0.2, lol
still if/when 0.3 comes out its gonna rock

Festizzio
September 23rd, 2006, 08:15
I wouldnt get your hopes up, it was like a six month gap (i think) between version 0.1 and 0.2, lol
still if/when 0.3 comes out its gonna rock
It was actually closer to 7 months mmkay

Lalle
September 27th, 2006, 15:05
i would like if u could make mines and freeze cus some songs just countinues when it should freeze, love ur work u have done hope 0.3 is comming :)

tytymm
October 2nd, 2006, 04:48
I NEED HELP! what do i do after i have the file?
Where do I put it??

Vibestar
October 10th, 2006, 13:38
This is a quick mod I made for psp-rev. I didn't liked the gui that much so I made one of my one.
Like you can see the design is based on singstar...
http://www.vibe.masegate.nl/psp/pic0.png
http://www.vibe.masegate.nl/psp/psp_revo_v0.2_vibestyle.rar

Hope to get some reviews. Special tnx to DeNitro & Devin923. Is really is a mega app. Hope to see more..

Vibestar
October 10th, 2006, 13:42
I NEED HELP! what do i do after i have the file?
Where do I put it??
Do you have a folder of the song. You should put this folder in a other directory in songs.
The first folder is like a album directory and then comes the songdirectories.
Had that same prob here bit fixed it by making a new directory in the songs dir.

GoaLitiuM
March 31st, 2007, 18:57
Nice work... i love this stuff :D
but there isnt any ways to change keys? becouse i like the way how i play in pc version :p like <-, ->, |_|, O

EDIT: hmm didnt notice that there were version 0.3 ^^ but still im missing the feature to change keys :P

wiredforpower
March 31st, 2007, 19:11
awesome, but my favorite DDR simulator is flashflashrevolution

Buddy4point0
March 31st, 2007, 19:24
yy revive an old threa just to say its good?
pointless

animekid4
March 31st, 2007, 20:16
Yesness~!

Buddy4point0
March 31st, 2007, 21:18
Yesness~!
... omg

DigimonWhore
May 31st, 2007, 02:12
Im having alot of trouble doing this. I have 1,0 and I dont understand what you do with the 1,5 items. :O

parkermauney
May 31st, 2007, 02:18
Why would you post in here, the app is already up to v.3. And you are behind my friend. 3.40 OE-A.

xxwilxx
October 23rd, 2007, 00:49
when i download the attatchment i get a tiny file named attatchment.pbp lol...

xxwilxx
October 23rd, 2007, 01:43
nvm. found it on another site. is v.2 the newest one?

demonops
January 1st, 2008, 20:00
mine just shows up as currupted data when i go to play it...

as far as i can tell i did as the instructions told me but it aint working so hot

Araxi
February 18th, 2008, 22:01
I joined just so i can try it out....step mania isn't what it use to be and I'm getting more interested in my PSP so this should be cool!

zeroXIII
March 19th, 2008, 13:34
awesome i can play now my favorite fascination (ELM), MAX 300,A ,and boss type song

bacalacadaca
March 19th, 2008, 19:18
can you create your own songs?

because i want to play songs of my choice on this so is it possible what would i need?

acn010
March 19th, 2008, 19:51
yes... on stepmania game..... choose the song and edit it and also change the mp3

bacalacadaca
March 19th, 2008, 23:21
i downloaded it but i'm confused it says i need bms and dwi files but how do i get them or make them and when i said can i play songs of my choice i meant songs that where never part of ddr or anything

edit: nevermind i got it to work but its hard to set the keys when you cant hear the music playing is there a way so the game will dtect sounds and set it up for you or atleast add arrows as the song plays?

sangah10
August 6th, 2008, 01:05
lawl dude. I have psp ver. 3.71...does it make a difference if i downgrade ? because i didnt hack my psp..my friend did and rofl..i want this so FKING bad.

fmaismylove
December 1st, 2009, 05:35
ummm.. yeah so i played this forever ago on my friends psp and now have my very own (*yay!* /clap) but when i try to download it /game isnt an option in my destination.. everything else is. help please!! my need to master seduction once again has been long strung out!! >.<

*agree with above post, i am desperate lol