PDA

View Full Version : X-Flash V10

wraggster
July 5th, 2006, 17:23
Art (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27906) has released a new version of X-Flash for the PSP (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27906) which is a firmware modification program for the Sony PSP:

Heres whats new:

New for X-Flash V10!:
- Change cursor clicking, and Icon selection sounds in the XMB menu!
- Auto restore option removes all modifications performed by the
program, and leaves the PSP in it's original state with a single
button press.
- New implementation of mp3 feature added as normal option with option
to delete the song from flash.
- Parental control implementation using standard PSP parental control
system.
- Battery level checking at startup to allow mobile use without mains
adaptor.
- Some custom labels for the XMB Music icon.
- Increased overall speed of operation, aded dither effect for menu
enhancement. Program code optimization.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via art (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=44237)

D0N
July 5th, 2006, 17:28
OMG! Version 10! Sweet! Nice work Art!

Squidman
July 5th, 2006, 17:43
So i take it, this one is safer to use than the past ones....

Backtash
July 5th, 2006, 17:44
would this work with the modchip i have ??

borgamix123
July 5th, 2006, 17:54
it says: - Auto restore option removes all modifications performed by the
button press.
but i dont know how to do it, please some1 explain me

Man
July 5th, 2006, 17:57
This is an awsome app, i just flashed my psp and it looks awsome. I was sooo nervous, i didnt want to brick my PSP. Worked flawlessly.

Man
July 5th, 2006, 17:58
Does anyone know where to download fonts that work with this?

nigelrigel
July 5th, 2006, 18:06
YES this is GReat, I was hoping for an update,
LOl- ma fav feature is changing the 'game' to 1337 and same thing with the firmwar version

borgamix123
July 5th, 2006, 18:12
it says: - Auto restore option removes all modifications performed by the
button press.
but i dont know how to do it, please some1 explain me

please some 1 answer...

Kramer
July 5th, 2006, 18:20
does anyone know what mode i go to on devhook to test out flash apps so you can check if it bricks your psp or not

Man
July 5th, 2006, 18:22
Where do you put the font files to make them useable?

Pelnied
July 5th, 2006, 18:56
... IM CONFUSED didnt the last release say he wasnt going to update anymore?????

Accordion
July 5th, 2006, 18:57
why are you complaining

drew4237
July 5th, 2006, 21:10
i just started using this at v9i i love it not haveing to watch and/or listen to that stupid psp logo everytime i start a game. i just wish that u could use this with devhook

blaz3d
July 6th, 2006, 00:45
guys asking questions about this if you cant figure it out on your own dont do it! playing with your flash memory is dangerous to your baby!

put a replacement font (formatted correctly, i use font hacker its easier) in th modified sub directory

dont scerw it up!

peace

Illegal Machine
July 6th, 2006, 04:33
does anyone know what mode i go to on devhook to test out flash apps so you can check if it bricks your psp or not

its not like that....

it's more like lets say you want to change your opening_plugin.rco to something with a laughing sound for the startup noise, But you don't know if the file will work or not. So you take that new opening_plugin.rco, and put it in the proper place in your emulated firmware that you run with devhook. THEN when you start devhook, the emulated firmware will boot with the new sound and you'll know the file is safe. if it crashes then you'll know the file was bad and you would have probably bricked your PSP had you foolishly flashed it in there before checking it.

you can do this with the Gameboot, the Opening_plugin.rco, the Topmenu_plugin.rco, and that font file. Most of them go in the same folder anyway

NoQuarter
July 6th, 2006, 07:31
Great app! Can we get an all black gameboot screen,the white flash in the dark is kind of annoying especially with NOKXPLOIT

titch.ryan
July 6th, 2006, 11:11
wow great app. but how do you set a diff background for every month? what do you call each image? please answer.

Squidman
July 8th, 2006, 18:23
wow great app. but how do you set a diff background for every month? what do you call each image? please answer.

U can use a different app to do that (that i've used with succession), but the name escapes me...

but to answer ur other question, u name them 01, 02, 03, etc. for each month all the way to 12

<ninja edit>
The name of the app i used to change the background is PSPersonalize

July 10th, 2006, 02:33
I just downgraded my 2.6 and it worked. This was the first app I put on and it worked amazing every time I changed something.

Squidman
July 10th, 2006, 04:11
very dangerous move..........i would've tested the modded file with DevHook