PDA

View Full Version : Links 2.1-pre22 PSP Stand Alone Release r1206

wraggster
July 5th, 2006, 17:34
Raf and the PSP Radio Team (http://pspradio.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=485) have released a new version of the Homebrew Web Browser for the PSP which also comes as a PSP Radio Plug In, heres the release info:

New stand alone and plugin release, still based on links2.1-pre22

Notes:
--------
I decided to try and write a new video driver, as there were too many problems with the SDL based driver.
I made a new driver based on the framebuffer driver. Sandberg helped make Danzeff work on this new version.

What's new: r1206
----------------------
NEW FEATURES
(raf) New driver based on the linux framebuffer driver. This new driver access video RAM directly. Most of the graphic problems with SDL seem to be gone; but theres some new problems (the menus don't clear correctly).
(sandberg) Using direct VRAM version of Danzeff to free up the memory used by the previous SDL version.

BUG FIXES

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

titch.ryan
July 5th, 2006, 18:55
hopefully this will keep on improving

pkmaximum
July 5th, 2006, 20:34
Is this any better than the web browser for 2.5 firmware because its not worth trying it at the moment if its not as 1.5 has the ability to emulate firmware 2.5 flawlessley.

F9zDark
July 5th, 2006, 22:44
I tried using the firmware loader and all I got were problems with 2.0. (wasn't trying to use the browser; wouldn't even load). Does 2.5 really work without a hitch?

taiyoh
July 5th, 2006, 23:13
I tried using the firmware loader and all I got were problems with 2.0. (wasn't trying to use the browser; wouldn't even load). Does 2.5 really work without a hitch?

Yup..but use devhook instead of mph,which is not quite as refined.

Illegal Machine
July 6th, 2006, 04:27

totally.. thing is that you have to install the emulated firmware before it actually works.

read some forums, you'll see what I mean

NoQuarter
July 6th, 2006, 05:58
Can you download with the Sony browser? You can with this which is much better than lugging a laptop around.

Accordion
July 6th, 2006, 09:36
this is faster than the sony browser, there is no point even trying the official one

F9zDark
July 7th, 2006, 22:21
Yeah it is much faster, but still memory issues abound. Any site using extensive images have problems. I have noticed that sites with alot of java or background connections seem to have problems as well.

I just wish these memory issues would be resolved.

alooper21
July 8th, 2006, 15:58
i downloaded both files, but i don't know where to place the radio plugin, can someone please give me a hint?

Cap'n 1time
July 8th, 2006, 16:02
i downloaded both files, but i don't know where to place the radio plugin, can someone please give me a hint?

If you donwloaded both the files then dont bother with the radio plugin version. I reccomend you just use the stand alone version as normal.