PDA

View Full Version : Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection

wraggster
July 5th, 2006, 17:54
New Commercial PSP game released:

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp-tekken5-jap.jpg

Already revered in the arcades for its personable characters, explosive graphics, and lightning-fast gameplay, Tekken 5 delivers the same intense fighting action home. Boasting an improved fighting engine, speedier combos, and a return to the old-school Tekken stage design, Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection boasts more than 30 diverse combatants with dozens of special moves for each of them. This PlayStation Portable version is an update to the original arcade game, with new backgrounds, two new characters, and tweaks in the AI and gameplay.

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//large/psp-tekken5-jap14.jpg

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//large/psp-tekken5-jap7.jpg

More info/buy here --> http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=8762&lsaid=219793

Searching4me123
July 5th, 2006, 18:01
yo those screen look nice i want this game pretty badly but i m broke as hell

July 5th, 2006, 18:50
The screens look sweet I might buy this game, the graphics are nice.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
July 5th, 2006, 19:24
is it good???

SoQb0nc5r
July 5th, 2006, 19:40
is it good???

OFCOURSE IT IS!!!! I ORDERED 3!!

samthegreat68
July 5th, 2006, 20:08
umm, ordered 3?? why? im getting this fo sho. eddie rocks!

cartmandude14
July 5th, 2006, 20:21
Is there anyway to run this on a 1.5?

Malksta
July 5th, 2006, 20:28
Im Seeing and im liking :).
wish i had money to buy this :(

pkmaximum
July 5th, 2006, 20:32
What firmware is required to play this game though. Really hope its not 2.7+ :(

D0N
July 5th, 2006, 21:39
Yes! Ive been waiting for this! Im going to buy it when i get some cash though. As you can see in my sig and avator i am a fan of Tekken :D

SoQb0nc5r
July 5th, 2006, 21:57
umm, ordered 3?? why? im getting this fo sho. eddie rocks!

lol will sell two on ebay ;)

TeamOverload
July 5th, 2006, 21:58
That game looks sick! The only thing I have against fighting games is that most of the time they are repetive and get boring quick :(

pkmaximum
July 6th, 2006, 01:36
Can anybody answer my previous question does anybody know if this requires any higher than 2.6 firmware?

mjj58
July 6th, 2006, 01:54
It runs on 2.60 firmware.
So we should be able to play it on our 1.50 psp's.
Since Loco Roco,Tomb Raider,Metal gear graphic novel and super monkey ball all needed 2.60 firmware and we can play all of them!!!.

vettacossx
July 6th, 2006, 05:04
are you sure? because im going to EB tommarow ive reserved a copy for 5$ in HIGH ...lol...hopes it WAS INDEED 2.6 so ill let you know and CONFIRM IT if the last poster doese not ;)

It runs on 2.60 firmware.
So we should be able to play it on our 1.50 psp's.
Since Loco Roco,Tomb Raider,Metal gear graphic novel and super monkey ball all needed 2.60 firmware and we can play all of them!!!.

mameuser
July 6th, 2006, 05:18
I played, graphics not as good as PS2 version due to lower res.

NoQuarter
July 6th, 2006, 05:51
Oh Happy day this is what I^ve been waiting for:) Hope its playable on 1.5

pkmaximum
July 6th, 2006, 08:52
Well this is great news as Tekken is one of my favorite fighting games, now only if they can make a port of Soul Calibur to the PSP then my fighting gaming needs will be all set :) But I hope the UMD works with dev hook but if its firmware 2.6 I'm sure it will or it will soon be decrypted and we can emulate 2.6 firmware. ^_^

mr_nick666
July 6th, 2006, 10:05
Fingers crossed for 1.5 compatibilty then! :p

This is one UMD release that actually looks like its worth buying :eek:

RemixUnlimited
July 6th, 2006, 16:27
I played, graphics not as good as PS2 version due to lower res.
Sorry for it not being a perfect conversion, mabye once the ps2 emu comes out it will
*Punches you in the face

Finaly a good PSP game. Good thing that this game came out becuase I was begining to think that a PSP game that didn't suck would ever come out.

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 16:33
First of games that where in late stage development before Any new firmware has been updated have ended up with the previous firmware. I just bought capcom classic witch is 2.60 and if you look closely on the box game was made last year although release this year so thats a bid of hint when buying your next game.

RemixUnlimited
July 6th, 2006, 16:35
This game requires 2.7, now stfu, I hope it never gets emulated.

matthewmcg
July 6th, 2006, 16:58
do not buy, you musnt help sony. they must die now, they have gambled every penny on the ps3. nintendo and microsoft have made a firm stand on their marketing. the psp as a modders console will allways live on just like the dreamcast but the ps3 has no chance i mean just look at the wii its the most easiest console to hack ever and its done on purpase it practicly is designed for the modders scene. the ps3 is using a mixture of several well known awkwards. it will take ages to hack and it will have severe loss in interest. geeh whizz arent i genius

matthewmcg
July 6th, 2006, 16:59
sony are also failing on the other markets they have attempted to press

matthewmcg
July 6th, 2006, 17:01
it doesnt require 2.7 there isnt a proper necessity it can be coded around if the 1.5 to 1.0 is set. with 1.0 almost anything is possible

matthewmcg
July 6th, 2006, 17:02
woooh do i go on a bit here. geeh whizz sorry

vettacossx
July 6th, 2006, 17:52
your getting banned old boy quad posting is def an offense considering double posting is !!!

Gizmo356
July 6th, 2006, 18:35
delet some of your posts

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
July 6th, 2006, 19:19
why can't sony allow homebrew, thats just sad.....
but the only reason i don't hate them is because some of their games are good^^

RemixUnlimited
July 6th, 2006, 23:37
They can't because dicks like you guys will download games. Also Sony is not making money off this namco is, shit heads.

RemixUnlimited
July 7th, 2006, 05:16
^ Lolololol.

horacehogarth
July 7th, 2006, 16:29
Sorry for it not being a perfect conversion, mabye once the ps2 emu comes out it will
*Punches you in the face

Finaly a good PSP game. Good thing that this game came out becuase I was begining to think that a PSP game that didn't suck would ever come out.

Idiot.. so by your logic LocoRoco, Exit, WipEOut, GTA, Daxter, Syphon Filter, Everybody Golf, Lumines, Ridge Racer, Burnout, XMen Legends2, Virtua Tennis, Megaman, Outrun2, Field Commander, Smackdown, Metal Gear Acid2, Capcom Classics all suck do they?

Voltron
July 8th, 2006, 06:40
This game requires 2.7, now stfu, I hope it never gets emulated.

Where do you get your info? This game does not require 2.70. I have the Japanese version and it can be run on 1.50 PSP's.

This game is fuc**ng GREAT! Not perfect, but almost. And way better than I ever could have expected. This is Tekken at its best. This is not just some 'port' to a portable device. I'm usually not really into fighting games but Tekken and especially this new release are great. One of the best looking games on the PSP. And controls are perfect except for a few special move combo's.

ACID
July 8th, 2006, 06:55
im going to buy it looks good.

Pocker_matt
July 22nd, 2006, 05:59
okay... how can you know what firmware it is, when the game is yet to release

if sony knows asuper supper cool game that can get people like us to actually buy, they will put it as 2.7=[ lets pray they wont

i think homebrew should be allowed not only because its free, but they are able to take gameboy advance out of the picture(sony's past rival), thnx to zx-81, and what is wrong playing past arcade games that are impossible to find nowadays

ps... the guy who pre-owned it for 5$ why did you do that:? wait until you find out if the game is2.6 or 2.7, wasted 5$

Festizzio
July 22nd, 2006, 08:45
Well, it doesn't matter now that devhook can emulate 2.71. I'm definitely buying this ON tuesday, when gamecrazy opens.:D

ACID
July 22nd, 2006, 08:50
Devhook rules so does dark

Pocker_matt
July 22nd, 2006, 16:26
for those who is going to buy it, please make sure you notify the 2.5 factory with icoo13 if the game is 2.7 or 2.6 , please dont forget. i would love to use devhook but i dont want to brick my psp

SoQb0nc5r
July 22nd, 2006, 16:31
I lost interest in homebrew a long time ago, just upgrade and play this amazing game!

pkmaximum
July 22nd, 2006, 17:50
Don't I feel sry for you ^^^ custom firmwares just released and we can emulate firmware 2.71 looks like somebody is in the dust =P

P.S. ( This is for the mods, so everybody else just ignor it.) You are absolutley right I should have not braught up the topic of ISO's and for that I'm sorry and I desearve the warnining. See normally I wouldn't tollerate any talk, or conversation for ISO's but the problem was the UMD of tekken could not be run at the time because 2.6 emulation from dev hook was not released yet, and if you understood how big of a tekken fan I am you would realize why I had to (dump) the ISO off my UMD to play it using dev hook. And the size was relativeley huge of the ISO =P But then I figured out if you dummo one of the bin files within the ISO it reduces the size. (I know you are not interested in hearing this but this is why...) I will try not to hold any chat of any ISO's again considered my self warned! =P But I just want you to know that I would never pirate a game EVER! I owned the original UMD and I actually felt bad after because usually when you go out and buy a UMD you kind of want to play the UMD not the ISO. Well for that I apologise and I hope we can eventually move beyond this.

Pocker_matt
July 23rd, 2006, 00:29
all the games are at 2-d , stick with the latest game , however it is annoying how they keep upgrading the firmware to piss us off, if dark_alex can make homies like us have 1.5 i can wait, but is it really nesscary?