PDA

View Full Version : 4GB Memory Stick for $147.10

wraggster
July 5th, 2006, 18:03
http://www.superufo.com/item_photo/item/PC-sandisk-memory-stick-pro-4gb-L.jpg

Thanks to Sterist for the alert, Heres some great news, the Major Hong Kong and Worldwide Supplier Success HK (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_SanDisk_Memory_Stick_Pro_Duo_4GB_w__Adapt or.html?aff_id=24) are seling the Sandisk 4gb Memory Card for the PSP for $147 a drop of 12 dollars from their previous low price and now on a par with the Datel 4gb offerings and without the bulkyness.

Unless you want to buy Sonys $250 dollar version :P

July 5th, 2006, 18:48
I would pick one up if 2.6 psp's could overcome the 2 gig limit.

motz
July 5th, 2006, 19:03
Wow, thats cheaper than what I paid for my 2GB MSDUO! Lets hope someone can release some sort of flashing tool so that users with firmware 1.00 and 1.50 etc. can use this. :)

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
July 5th, 2006, 19:23
so can 1.5 psp use it?
and how much is it in english pounds????

jaydoo
July 5th, 2006, 20:42
I would pick one up if 2.6 psp's could overcome the 2 gig limit.

2.6 has 2gb limit?

1.5 is capped at 4gb.

jrsmaster411
July 5th, 2006, 21:03
all firmwares have a 4gb limit not 2gb

MaxSMoke
July 5th, 2006, 21:37
I'm pretty sure they are right, the PSP has always had a 4GB limit.

After all, that 4GB Harddrive attachment goes right through the Memory Stick port, so as far as the PSP is concerned, the harddrive IS a memory stick.

If the 4GB harddrive works, so will a 4GB memory stick.

MaxSMoke
July 5th, 2006, 21:48
Dang.... I just tried to order one of those cards and pay for it with PayPal, but I think the website is broken. I got a bill for a $5 "Movable Charm".

Sterist
July 5th, 2006, 22:29
main page still says 159

V3N0M
July 5th, 2006, 22:30
1.5 has a max of 4 gig limit. anything above that wont work...yet lol.

mog
July 5th, 2006, 22:40
???
I thought the 2 gig limit was only the limit for a single file?
Like with FAT16 and FAT32 file systems, where FAT16 can only handle a file size up to 2GB, but FAT32 can handle sizes up to 4GB.

I could be wrong though.
I'm waiting for and hoping Sandisk will make a 4GB MS Pro Duo in their Extreme III range.
Otherwise I will buy an Ultra II 4GB MS Pro Duo.
But then again I remember sony saying about 8 gig and higher... maybe I should wait for that? :confused:

WACOMalt
July 6th, 2006, 03:15
???
I thought the 2 gig limit was only the limit for a single file?
Like with FAT16 and FAT32 file systems, where FAT16 can only handle a file size up to 2GB, but FAT32 can handle sizes up to 4GB.

I could be wrong though.
I'm waiting for and hoping Sandisk will make a 4GB MS Pro Duo in their Extreme III range.
Otherwise I will buy an Ultra II 4GB MS Pro Duo.
But then again I remember sony saying about 8 gig and higher... maybe I should wait for that? :confused:

anything above 4 gb will most likely require an upgraded firmware, but if that doesn't bother you, then no worries.

Zephyroth_drgs
July 6th, 2006, 03:34
ill wait til the end of year when comes out 8gb ms and this one drop price, how bout 100 or less
;)

MaxSMoke
July 6th, 2006, 08:43
You can wait for all of the bigger memory sticks you want, but for Homebrew, 4GB's is *IT*. There will be no bigger memory sticks you can use without a Sony Firmware upgrade. And since 2.7 is looking like an unbreakable fortress at this point, you'd need a Mod Chip or a miracle to use anything bigger.

You can wait for the 4GB sticks to get cheaper, but they'll never get any bigger when it comes to PSP use. The 4GB's are the best you can get for it. That's it.

mr_nick666
July 6th, 2006, 10:09
You can wait for all of the bigger memory sticks you want, but for Homebrew, 4GB's is *IT*. There will be no bigger memory sticks you can use without a Sony Firmware upgrade. And since 2.7 is looking like an unbreakable fortress at this point, you'd need a Mod Chip or a miracle to use anything bigger.

You can wait for the 4GB sticks to get cheaper, but they'll never get any bigger when it comes to PSP use. The 4GB's are the best you can get for it. That's it.

A pair of 4GB sticks it is then! :D (that'll give me nearly 11.5GB of storage space accross my many memory cards - I dont want to be greedy!) :rolleyes:

EDIT: Someone needs to release a multi Pro Duo adaptor so we can swith between several memory sticks! :eek:

Uruz 6
July 6th, 2006, 12:54
I don't think there's any use for a 8GB memory stick if you've got to upgrade the firmware leaving out homebrew (mp3 and video you say? the battery will die sooner).
Anyway 4GB sounds really good (I don't think I'll ever need more, let's not be greedy now), guess I'll wait till the price drops.

ukkevinl
July 6th, 2006, 14:43
I bought one of these at the higher price as soon as they came out and it is brilliant! I have a 1.5 PSP and it works fine.

Ichijoe
July 6th, 2006, 17:30
Just goes to show, only idiots' get there Sticks' from the PSP™ Asle. Why anyone would pay the Extorinate Prices (€129.99(EUR) for a 1Gib MemeryStick), is beyound me. When your Friendly Neghborhood Camera Shop has plenty of Non-S0NY™ 1Gib's for the low Price of €53.99(EUR),...

mr_nick666
July 6th, 2006, 19:00
Just goes to show, only idiots' get there Sticks' from the PSP™ Asle. Why anyone would pay the Extorinate Prices (€129.99(EUR) for a 1Gib MemeryStick), is beyound me. When your Friendly Neghborhood Camera Shop has plenty of Non-S0NY™ 1Gib's for the low Price of €53.99(EUR),...

ebay my friend... A place where the riches of ages are sold! :rolleyes:

Ichijoe
July 6th, 2006, 20:57
eBay -- Yeah if you into playing the Price Is Right @ the last possible Second. Only to find that your Connection was Laging and some Dork beat you to the Prize! (I loose more offten then not did you guess?!),.

Fork eBay! for €53.99(EUR), I'd challenge anyone to find a lower Price. Oh and while we're on the subject of eTailing (e.g. eBay),. It would only be fair to make sure you add on any Postage due (A classic eBay Ripoff if ever there was!!), to your End Price...

If you all want decent advice. Head to your Camera Shop / Section of your Loacl Departmentstore! They only see you comming over in the PSP™ Asile!!

grin.ch
July 6th, 2006, 21:38
The 4GB MS rocks! I ordered mine (the exact pic you see) from SuccessHK/SuperUFO and it's great! It's just too bad how much of the MS is alotted to PSP formatting... I have the one and I just ordered another plus I have 2x 2GB MSs. I like playing games from the MS! =D

Uruz 6
July 7th, 2006, 11:36
I know, playing from the MS maybe at full psp speed sure is better (Gundam Battle Tactics REALLY flows from the MS).
Wish sony would allow for 333 instead of 222.

cburke1
July 8th, 2006, 05:45
Hey this is chrisb well as you all know i briked my psp and i really dont have the money to rebuy it. If you would like to donate please do at my paypal account. [email protected]. Im also selling some of my games and stuff to try to rebuy it. I have (PSP GAMES) Tony Hawk's Underground2 remix, Socom US Navy Seals, Dangerous Hunts, Need For Speed Underground Rivals, and also i have a 256Mb real sony card forsale. (DS Games) Sims2, Scooby-Doo Unmasked, ATV Quad Frenzy, Tony Hawk's American Sk8land, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory... They have all the casses and papers hardley used look brandnew... No Scraches... Im going to put them on ebay just want to give u guys a chance first. Thanks ChrisB. Email me at [email protected] and let me know...

Ichijoe
July 8th, 2006, 11:31
Hey this is chrisb well as you all know i briked my psp and i really dont have the money to rebuy it. If you would like to donate please do at my paypal account. [email protected]. Im also selling some of my games and stuff to try to rebuy it. I have (PSP GAMES) Tony Hawk's Underground2 remix, Socom US Navy Seals, Dangerous Hunts, Need For Speed Underground Rivals, and also i have a 256Mb real sony card forsale. (DS Games) Sims2, Scooby-Doo Unmasked, ATV Quad Frenzy, Tony Hawk's American Sk8land, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory... They have all the casses and papers hardley used look brandnew... No Scraches... Im going to put them on ebay just want to give u guys a chance first. Thanks ChrisB. Email me at [email protected] and let me know...

Why not just get the Modchip and rebuild it again, or let someone else do that for you?!