PDA

View Full Version : An idea that would look awsome on both PSP and NDS

gsmumbo
July 5th, 2006, 21:05
A Hitchhikers Guide To the Galaxy. Modeled from the movie. Same interface and such. On the psp it would be perfect because of the screen size and power, while the DS has that touch screen and can be implemented sideways like Brain Age. It could be an open source project. People could make entries about homebrews, news, bananas, whatever. A sort of homebrew Wiki based on the layout of the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. What yall think?

If possible a coder could port the interface and such from the Hitchhikers guide UMD(the menu is designed like the guide and theres even an example in the extras secion)

GeEkPiE
July 5th, 2006, 21:49
it would take too long,

and personally, just being me would say i nor anybody else could be bothered to make somthing like this unless u had sketches and notes of the whole outline and every single idea in order.

it isnt just as easy as - hey iv got a good idea lets make a hitchhikers guide to the galaxy for psp

u hav to start small and biuld up the potential and it takes a long time.

the psp homebrew scene isnt gonna last for that long

gsmumbo
July 6th, 2006, 03:34
I could work with a coder if anyone wants to take up the project. I have experience in programming(basic, alittle C++ and java) but not enough to do full out homebrew development, so i could bounce ideas and layouts and diagrams or wat not. plus ideas on code layout and such. I think it could be done if people just have the will. But again its gotta be something ppl besides me want, or else its pointless like u pretty much said. thnx 4 the input

IndianCheese
July 6th, 2006, 04:56
the psp homebrew scene isnt gonna last for that long
There are people still trying to run homebrew on the "game.com" from Tiger Electronics. Don't remember? Google it.

Shadowblind
July 6th, 2006, 05:24
and I thought this thread would be," a great thing for the NDS would be a PSP emulator and for the PSP a NDS emulator."

:D

Wally
July 6th, 2006, 05:31
Answer to this question is simple:

No. Thank you come again.

OR
code it yourself :)

Cap'n 1time
July 7th, 2006, 05:16
that would take.. forever. but you could always download the ebook of the complete hitchhikers guid to the galaxy (which as you know, kills the movie) :) .

psiko_scweek
July 8th, 2006, 01:34
ok the only way to make a semi good game (homebrew) based on this would be a Choose Your Own Adventure style game set in the universe based on the book.

jman420
July 22nd, 2006, 05:20
hey or just work on a game that wouldnt suck :D