PDA

View Full Version : XPD File

TeamOverload
July 5th, 2006, 21:57
I know this probably won't lead to anything, but I am still interested in this kind of stuff. I decided to see what happens when you try and download LocoRoco from Sony. I booted up firefox and went to locorocodemo.com. I had to spoof the user agent to the 2.71 browser first, in order to get to the psp site. Anyways, from there, I carried on and made it download a file called locoroco.xpd and here's the contents:

[Info]
EID=gdp#
Desc=LocoRoco Downloadable Demo
Size=7998
Code=UCUS98662

[File]
C=http://psp.us.playstation.com/content/movies/14895/files/1/pbp/EBOOT.PBP
Nothing too interesting, I'm just surprised it isn't encrypted. I will attach the file as well, and do some experimenting.

Update: Alright well anyways, I've been trying to see how to make the PSP browser actually execute the xpd file. I tried just loading the LocoRoco one which I had stored on my memory stick and that didn't help. I then tried making a page which linked to it on my memory stick and that didn't help. Finally, I tried connecting to the internet first and that didn't help. Any ideas, please let me know.

Update 2: I have successfully run an edited xpd file to download the 1.50 update. Pretty pointless, and it was in zip format but it is still cool.

Update 3: I attempted to download the index.dat from the flash0 and got an error saying Save Failed.(80431061). If anyone knows what that error is let me know.

Update 4: We decided to try overflowing the title, but putting one that is too long, however the PSP seems to have checks in place and said The Content type is not Supported.

Update 5: I Downloaded SNES to UPDATE folder. Attempted to run, and got the infamous Corrupted Data.

Update 6: I downloaded the 2.60 UPDATE to UPDATE folder. First thing that I could varify successfully downloads without corrupting. Unfortunately, as it must be run from the XMB, version checks are still in place.

kyle2194
July 6th, 2006, 03:51
Hmm. Could you give us the url of this xpd file? Mabye it will work in devhook. (I dont know what the point of it is, but im curious to see if it was implemented in 2.5)

IndianCheese
July 6th, 2006, 04:16
I have already implemented XPDs to download and install updates for my portal. You are late.

kyle2194
July 6th, 2006, 04:25
Meh

IndianCheese
July 6th, 2006, 04:35
w00t teamoverload got pwn3d!!1!!!1!!111!