PDA

View Full Version : MegaETk WIP News

wraggster
July 5th, 2006, 23:24
ETk posted this news about his Megaman clone for the DS:

I have done some great progress since last update :)
I'll nearly finish all what I have to code to start designing the levels, add the menu and release the game ^^

Changes:
-Fixed Collision system (yes.. once again)
-Fixed "load event" code (loading items, monsters, etc..). This was making the game load a monster and unload infinite times at the same time (incl. gfx glitches)
-Fixed hero arm. There is no space between the arm and hero in some angles now ^^
-Fixed x,y locations for where the shots appear (hero and monster shots).
-New level system: now all level gfx+pal are saved once (making the .nds file smaller)
-Added option to select tiles gfx and palette for each level (tool updated for this too). This is the 1st step to make the level editor too :)
-Added 2 more particle colours
-Optimized particle creation code (particles will be more "boom" now.. like moving more)
-Now if all 128 sprites are in use, the game will show an Error message saying that if you continue it will have gfx glitches
-Added more debug options
-Added sounds: weapon 1 shot, item, hit floor (when falling)
-Added an option to change what the shots will do when they make collision with walls: disappear, bounce forever, bounce X times
-Added a counter for kill sprites (needed for flamethrower and future new effect)
-Added new weapon: flamethrower
-Added new weapon: bouncing-ball
-Now monster will have gravity effects :)
-New AI for specified monsters: jump if there is something in front of you that will not allow you continue walking (stones, etc..)
-Added new monster: Blue Monster (doesn't have a name yet xD)

I also changed/added something more but I forgot it again :3

More info --> http://etk.scener.org/