PDA

View Full Version : Rocks and Diamonds

Eric
October 1st, 2004, 22:03
I have no clue what this game is based on or what to do but it has screenshots and looks interesting http://www.artsoft.org/rocksndiamonds/

Kamjin
October 1st, 2004, 22:19
looks like a clone of Emerald mine, from the amiga.. sort of a boulder dash / digger clone..

quick look.. seems easily portable.. I'll give it a try when I've got the educational game, bugs, and cdogs out of the way..

Eric
October 1st, 2004, 22:57
okay i cant wait to see C-Dogs its good to hear that you have the close to be done unless i am wrong give me some news and for the rest of the people aswell if its okay

Kamjin
October 1st, 2004, 23:25
Not that close yet, I've converted most of the assembly,
started replacing most of the PC specific HW calls to new functions, to make the final move to the DC easier.
Still have to tear out and replace all the sound functions, and the Keyboard handler. And the largest headache is the VGA/pallete I have to make some sort of layer to partially emulate a vga, and pallete.. the game was heavily designed to work with a 8bit palleted mode, and it's way too much work to convert it to run native 16bpp.. I tried doing that first, and was hit with all sorts of problems.

Eric
October 1st, 2004, 23:28
So can you give us news on how playable it will be

Kamjin
October 1st, 2004, 23:36
Too early to be 100% sure..but from the bit I saw on the first failed attempt to port it.. should play fine.

Eric
October 1st, 2004, 23:44
Cool i cant wait to see that and the others come out including Rocks and Diamonds but i hope that with Bugs that after you get killed there is a 5 second pause for your character to move around if possible

rmedtx
March 17th, 2005, 15:05
It does look pretty good. I will check it out.