PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy launches UK website

wraggster
January 14th, 2010, 15:13
US retail giant gives advice and an idea of product line-up
Best Buy has launched a UK website ahead of its move in to the British market, scheduled for this Spring.
The website is highly consumer focused and includes a large number of buying guides, technology advice and articles. Subjects include a guide to American fridge-freezers, video highlights from CES 2010 and choosing the right games console among many others. The site also includes a discussion forum and blog posts by Best Buy senior management.
Best Buy is expected to open the first of its UK premises this coming Spring, with stores planned for Thurrock, Southampton and Merry Hill in the West Midlands. The company says that as it expands it operations in the UK, it will create up to 8,000 jobs over the course of five years.
“I'm very passionate about Best Buy, our people, and what we offer customers,” said Best Buy UK’s CEO, Paul Antoniadis in his blog post. “I have been very fortunate to have worked at Best Buy for a number of years, in multiple countries, and I feel strongly that there's a real opportunity for us to offer something really fresh, exciting and new to electronics consumers in the UK.”

http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/33008/Best-Buy-launches-UK-website