PDA

View Full Version : 1.5-1.0 Downgrader

Kaiser
July 6th, 2006, 06:08
Fresh after their brilliant work on the 2.5/2.6 downgrader, Dark_Alex, Mathieulh, and Yoshihiro have started working on a 1.50 to 1.00. The downgrader uses a newly discovered method similar to that of the 2.50/2.60 downgrader. This downgrader is exciting news as the coveted firmware 1.0 gives PSP users complete access to the PSP's hardware. The team has discovered a method to patch the file so that it would write the 1.00 IPL instead of the 1.50 IPL, thus making it possible to load 1.00 firmware on to the PSP.

Remember the downgrader must be run on a 1.50 PSP, it doesn't currently work on any other version. It also does not automatically restart your PSP after the process finishes. This small issue should be fixed by the time the downgrader is released to the public however. You may have to reset your PSP to system defaults after running the downgrader as it doesn't do this automatically.

- Sadly this downgrader will not work on TA-082 hardware PSPs, seeing how there's currently no way to get those down to 1.50 in the first place.

Apparently the testers of this downgrader have reported no PSP bricking yet. This is great news as I'm sure the public version will be even safer for those including my self eager to try 1.0.

Of course there is some downsides to firmware 1.0. You cannot run Devhook or any UMD loaders under 1.0 . This isn't because it's impossible; it's because they're specifically coded for 1.50. Programs such as Flashmod or X-Flash don't work either, since the files in flash0 under 1.00 are not the same as those under 1.50, and overwriting them could brick your PSP. However with the ability of custom firmware to be installed on 1.0, these greviances should only be temporary and I wouldn't be suprised if one day you would be able to boot all UMDs and all your firmware with no tools or tricks.

The scene will only continue to thrive as PSP coder continue to defeat Sony in the great battle of the firmwares :D

UPDATE: The Downgrader has been released! Remember there is a risk to brick your PSP whenever you write to the flash memory. Be sure to have your battery charged and your PSP plugged into the power source to make sure you do not lose power while doing this.

Password for the .rar is:
I_Use_It_At_My_Own_Risk

Here are the downgrade instructions from the readme.txt

Instructions for the existing 1.0 user:

- Copy the downhelper100 folder to /PSP/GAME/ and start the program.

- It will dump your flash and your ipl to the memory stick. After finished, the program will exit. Send the folder created at the root of your memstick called DOWNDATER to someone with 1.50 to let him downgrade.

Instructions for the 1.50 user:

- Copy __SCE__downdater100 and %__SCE__downdater100 to /PSP/GAME/

- Get the DOWNDATER folder from someone with 1.00 and put it in the memstick.

- Get the official Sony 1.50 update and put it under /PSP/GAME/UPDATE

- Start the program.
Note: you need to set the language of your psp to either english or japanese before starting (anyways, it will advice you if you don’t have that requirement and it will exit safely) Also, connect the PSP to the AC adaptor.

- After a confirmation with the X button, you psp will be flashed to 1.00.

DO NOT REMOVE the memstick and DO NOT shut down the psp.

I can not empahasize this enough; As with any program that rewrites the PSP's flash memory - you may possibly brick your PSP. With that in mind, use with caution and at your own risk!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

PSPdemon
July 6th, 2006, 06:15
that might be worth it........

but at the same time...as you said, some of the most important things as far as homebrew are concerned.....wont be able to run on a 1.0 because they are specifically made for 1.5.........

but if that issue is solved.....then i will downgrade :D

still though......exciting news :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

pakkman781
July 6th, 2006, 06:16
Awesome! Can't wait :D

YourStillWithMe
July 6th, 2006, 06:24
thats cool news and all but once again its a risk to brick our psp's and i wont do it until something more exciting then Devhook comes out for the 1.00 All i see as an advantage now is better organization for our Game folder.
I find it funny how half of the people on this site despise yoshiro and all that he was a dork or whatever in that whole 2.00 downgrader issue when well well well looky what he has done for the scene 2.50, 2.60 and 1.50 downgrader you can all back off of him and show some respect.

Kaiser-good man spreading the word, Sony is going to have to pull out something sick out of there sleaves to get us to upgrade now mwahaha!

penileartery
July 6th, 2006, 06:33
thats one of the coolest things ive heard in a while besides the 2.6 > 1.5 downgrade which i just did. :D anyways, can't wait!

luis_05
July 6th, 2006, 06:34
oh my god!! dudes!!! i cant take anymore news!!! these past 3 weeks have been so good!!! i've crapped my pants repeatedly!! I jsut sucessfully downgraded my psp to 1.5!!! Im now enjoying all the homebrew and turning the tv's off at walmart!! hehe! And now soon we could be able to downgrade to 1.0? what the hell!! u guys are going to give me a heart attack one of these days!! thanks to every coder and this site for making this possible!! LONG LIVE THE PSP!!

gamer121
July 6th, 2006, 06:35
what are the actual advantages of 1.0?

F9zDark
July 6th, 2006, 06:39
Well this is great news and horrible news. For those of us who purchased 1.0 PSPs from Japan it really sucks. As well, it makes owning a 1.0 PSP fruitless; since now anyone can own a '1.0 PSP'.

I love it because I can always have access to a 1.0 PSP if I ever need it, but I hate it because there is no reason to keep 1.0 since I can just downgrade back to it later on if I wanted to do so.

I suppose everyone else in the scene will be jumping for joy, but I for one, am not all that happy about this... :-/

F9zDark
July 6th, 2006, 06:42
what are the actual advantages of 1.0?

Homebrew just runs, no corrupt icons, no need to hide icons, etc.

1.0 has some drawbacks: code changes doesn't allow firmware emulation or UMD loading. As well, newer functions that Sony adds in, that may help homebrew, are not accessible.

But if you are looking for the easiest homebrew installing firmware, 1.0 is it.

However, now that everyone KXploits homebrew, its rather pointless...

luis_05
July 6th, 2006, 06:50
I suppose everyone else in the scene will be jumping for joy, but I for one, am not all that happy about this... :-/
dude!! dont be selfish! rejoice upon the good news that ur fellow psp users can useth the fw that was impossible before!!!!

F9zDark
July 6th, 2006, 06:54
I am happy for everyone else, don't get me wrong. Just now I have no reason to stick to 1.0. GTA multiplayer is so inviting and its only 2 firmware upgrades away(or 1 if I don't goto 1.5 first).

It was easy to just tell myself, "if I upgrade to play GTA, I would have spent this money on 1.0 for nothing."

But now nothing is holding me back.

If only they'd make devhook work on 1.0, I wouldn't have to upgrade :p

SnoopKatt
July 6th, 2006, 07:08
That's pretty cool and all, but as long as all of the homebrew runs on 1.5, I don't really think there's a really important reason why I'll need 1.0. Maybe no need to hide icons, but that trick someone posted a while back really makes it easy to hide the icons. But don't get me wrong, I'm very glad about this.

Sterist
July 6th, 2006, 07:14
well, the advantages in 1.00 are many.... if it really gives you access to the hardware

the one and only
July 6th, 2006, 07:18
awesome that devs wil be able to use 1.00 as i belive it is the best for homebrew.

but i shall stick with my 1.62 it works with kxploit and all the nice homebrew.

nightcrawler420
July 6th, 2006, 07:48
check out the video of the downgrade at www.pspupdates.qj.net

xiringu
July 6th, 2006, 07:51
there's one thing I still don't fully understand.

can you get FULL hardware access on 1.5? or is it that you get MORE than 2.5, but not full.

and with 1.0 is it FULL, FULL? :)

----
and another thing that worries me...could people release fake emus, homebrew, etc modified to brick 1.5 and 1.0 psp? i guess that's more than possible :(

Uruz 6
July 6th, 2006, 08:34
Full hardware access? 1.0 will be be the next 1.5!!
Don't worry about programs such as devhook, if they did it on 1.5 surely nothing keeps'em from doing it in 1.0; even if it seems crazy to downgrade right now that's what we will do in the long run, I'm sure.

Zombo
July 6th, 2006, 08:34
Wow wonder what's Sony's thinking now. (>_<) I just have a strange feeling their going to take action.

pkmaximum
July 6th, 2006, 08:50
When it comes down to it SONY can't do anything because as long as your in the court of law all you ahve to say is "I was using the files for legal purposes" after all they can't accuse of as that could lead to false accusation wich is a crime in the supreme court. But 1.5 firmware is probaly the most effiecient firmware on the PSP at the current time as it can run more homebrew than 1.0 but to me this is just a minor draw back as not many PSP ownners ahve the original 1.0 firmware any more. But in time I bet we will see custom firmwares, and proggies like Dev Hook working on firmware 1.0 I guess we will just have to see what this leads too. AS the downgrader comes out tomoro!

Uruz 6
July 6th, 2006, 08:57
What will they do? actually it's very simple:
1) the psp they're going to put on the market will have some incredible protection to avoid downgrade.
2) next firmwares will have interesting features such as a psx emulator to make us upgrade.

That's all they can do really.

jman420
July 6th, 2006, 09:03
wow sweet! this gives me even more reason to buy a new psp (for a 3.0 and a 1.0) but! does 1.0 F/W have all the same abilitys? And I thought that 1.5 had full access to homebrew speed? Oh well doesent mater, I'm downgrading my 1.5 to a 1.0 when this comes out :D

jaydee73
July 6th, 2006, 09:29
Guess this is based on 0okm's proof of concept work then:

http://0okm.blogspot.com/2006/07/use-iplupdate-to-make-fw-15-10-proof.html

mr_nick666
July 6th, 2006, 09:43
1) the psp they're going to put on the market will have some incredible protection to avoid downgrade.
2) next firmwares will have interesting features such as a psx emulator to make us upgrade.

Ha Ha! $ony will never break me with their fancy new firmwares! :cool: My 1.5 can do everything I want and more :D

Im sure someone will make a 1.5 PSX emu too - given time! ;)

In conclusion.. I can find no reason to downgrade to 1.0 :confused:

Uruz 6
July 6th, 2006, 09:44
Guess I'll wait till most homebrews get tuned up for 1.0

Night-Wolf
July 6th, 2006, 10:07
This is great news, with full hardware access it will be easier to code emulators like MAME, NeoGeo arcade, PS1 and Nintendo64 (wich will have better performance and speed). And with this if they also make Devhook to work with fw1.0 then I'll be definately downgrading:D

mog
July 6th, 2006, 10:16
Well this is great news and horrible news. For those of us who purchased 1.0 PSPs from Japan it really sucks. As well, it makes owning a 1.0 PSP fruitless; since now anyone can own a '1.0 PSP'.
I know how you feel, for a few minutes I was thinking like that.
But at the moment we are so limited on game loaders, we really only have that old version of devhook 0.22 that is worth installing.
Just think how we will finally have MPH UMD Loader, Devhook 0.42+, RunUMD, etc... :)

And although many people may downdate to 1.00, when I get mod chip in a couple of days time I will put 1.00 on that too.
HA, how many people will there be with TWO 1.00 FWs on their PSP at same time! :p

hmm... maybe that's kinda pointless...

jaydee73
July 6th, 2006, 10:18
This is great news, with full hardware access it will be easier to code emulators like MAME, NeoGeo arcade, PS1 and Nintendo64 (wich will have better performance and speed). And with this if they also make Devhook to work with fw1.0 then I'll be definately downgrading:D

You'll find that some 1.5 only homebrew apps require access to kernal modules only available in 1.5 - not 1.0. There is no difference in programming for 1.0 and 1.5 so no improvements will come from this.

I view downgrading to 1.0 as a proof of concept rather than something that should be done. The whole point of this is that it should lead to custom firmware installs on the PSP.

borgamix123
July 6th, 2006, 10:19

dude dont u see thats what they allways try and it didnt work....

Uruz 6
July 6th, 2006, 10:36
Never said it would work, they're up against A LOT of people who like homebrew after all.
Anyway, for those who bought a jap 1.0, this means that new app will come out for that firmware, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

Also even if it ONLY leads to custom firmwares it's still a good thing, no?

V3N0M
July 6th, 2006, 10:55
Cool..But i have a few questions thats probaly on everyones mind.

#1.Will it work with psp's bought with 1.5 or higher all ready installed on it?

-Im guessing it works with all except TA-082 psp's.

#2.Would that program (can't remember the name) that makes 1.5 eboots into 1.00 work to get stuff only 1.5 can do(Dev Hook, ect.) to work on a downgraded 1.5 to 1.0 psp?

-Now i'm guessing it can't and all good homebrew and apps will just have to be made to run on a 1.00.

This has some real potential but i'm not downgrading until its completely safe and all apps and homebrew that only work on 1.5 are converted to 1.0. Aloung with custom firmware. It sound like this will be intresting.

Uruz 6
July 6th, 2006, 11:03
I completely agree with you JmanUmmKay.
As for homebrew on 1.0 we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, even if things won't turn out well, it's still a step further in the homebrew scene.

borgamix123
July 6th, 2006, 11:30
guys im telling u if a Super custom firmware is released then i will downgrade to 1.0

jaydee73
July 6th, 2006, 11:38
It's been released. I'm not going to provide a link here as the web site it is currently on also hosts iso tool links.

chaos-is-me
July 6th, 2006, 12:05
Custom firmware would be amazing, i'm bored of the crappy Sony firmware!

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 12:16
The 1.0 has its limitations the umd loaders so far sao ill stick to 1.50.

mog
July 6th, 2006, 12:30
Dark_AleX, Yoshihiro and Mathieulh have just released this now! :)

You'll find that some 1.5 only homebrew apps require access to kernal modules only available in 1.5 - not 1.0. There is no difference in programming for 1.0 and 1.5 so no improvements will come from this.

I view downgrading to 1.0 as a proof of concept rather than something that should be done. The whole point of this is that it should lead to custom firmware installs on the PSP.
True, but most of the new modules added in 1.50 are only minor additions.
You could say everyone should upgrade to 2.60 as that has many more new modules.

Virtually every homebrew game and app available on 1.50 also works on 1.00.
The only reason umd loaders don't work on 1.00 is because their creators don't have access to 1.00 PSPs.
MPH and Booster have made a few attempts in the past at getting their loaders to work on 1.00.
Without direct access to a 1.00 PSP they haven't really succeeded yet. :(
But now if they wanted to make their UMD loaders 1.00 compatible, they will be able to downgrade to 1.00 for testing on. :)

Also no custom fw's have been released yet, other than Gameshark's custom 1.50 "Media Edition" Firmware, which is just 1.50 with some extra 2.00 features added.
The epsilon firmware has not been released yet, the only firmware they have released so far is a standard firmware 1.50 dump in .flash format for use with UP Modchip.

lplover2k
July 6th, 2006, 12:44
what is so special about 1.0???

Accordion
July 6th, 2006, 14:12
it runs unsigned code with no security whatsoever

(how sony left that ability in the first place is very odd)

Vega
July 6th, 2006, 14:23
still no tests?

Kaiser
July 6th, 2006, 14:50
The Downgrader release has been added to this post.

Remember to follow the instructions carefully and to use extreme caution. Even though this downgrader is coming from a reliable group of coders there is still a risk, and DCemu is in no way responsible for any bricked PSP's.

Dickhead
July 6th, 2006, 15:10
This is great news, BUT IAM STAYING ON 1.5 FOR EVER

Mew
July 6th, 2006, 15:13
This is great news, BUT IAM STAYING ON 1.5 FOR EVER
dito..

Uruz 6
July 6th, 2006, 15:40
Me too.. for now.

SSaxdude
July 6th, 2006, 15:45
Maybe someone should make a tool that converts 1.5 homebrew to work on 1.0, then I would downgrade.

borgamix123
July 6th, 2006, 16:04
im waiting for something big to be realeased to the 1.0, then i will downgrade

dtothabreezy
July 6th, 2006, 16:05
anothere big realease im lovin this:D

Saltpepper
July 6th, 2006, 16:10
Does anyone here actually have 1.00 PSP, since I would love to have someone distribute it for everyone. Even though I believe that is against copywrite laws...

borgamix123
July 6th, 2006, 16:20
so upload the 1.00 files needed, in a file hoster site
P.S if some1 has a 1.00 psp post in this topic please

BL4Z3D247
July 6th, 2006, 16:22
has anyone tried the new downgrader? i would but i like 1.5 and i just got used to usin devhook lol :D

Mr.Modem
July 6th, 2006, 16:27
As said before, there is no point in downgrading to 1.0 other than to get rid of the corrupt icons. 1.5 have full homebrew captibilities, there are actually more homebrew apps for 1.5 than there is for 1.0. The great news about this is not the fact that we all can have 1.0, it's the fact that we can completely reflash the firmware without any extra hardware.

Saltpepper
July 6th, 2006, 16:32
I FOUND THEM!!! click here!!!

http://rapidshare.de/files/25096484/DOWNDATER.rar.html

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BL4Z3D247
July 6th, 2006, 16:35
dude its out everywhere

RemixUnlimited
July 6th, 2006, 16:42
lawl, ^ Idiot.

Uruz 6
July 6th, 2006, 16:50
If we were to refit every homebrew to work for 1.0 things may take some time..
So how about changing the 1.0 firmware to make it work with 1.5 homebrew?
Can someone with experience answer that?

cal360
July 6th, 2006, 16:58
1.0 is a good firmware to have, but untill devhook works on it i'm sticking to 1.5 as i use the webrowser (i'm on it at the moment)

BL4Z3D247
July 6th, 2006, 17:05
well first off how much more security does 1.5 have than 1.0(which has no security at all)? i mean i know u'll have no corrupted data and no security but is that it?

Illegal Machine
July 6th, 2006, 17:08
Maybe someone should make a tool that converts 1.5 homebrew to work on 1.0, then I would downgrade.

sei psp tool...

AND PSPBrew

Emeriastone
July 6th, 2006, 17:08
just tell me when custom firmware becomes better than what I've got now and I'll find 1.5 obsolete.

makaveddie
July 6th, 2006, 17:17
Guys, this is exciting news! This downgrader has not been released so that everyday users can downgrade, but rather so that developers can start working on custom firmwares, etc... At the moment there is little to no reason to downgrade unless you are a dev. It should be obvious that most will not downgrade at this point.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 6th, 2006, 17:48
Has anyone done it yet if so any chance of a full tutorial such as a video showing what goes where???.To me not worht doing until devhook ect work on it and custom FWs im 1.5 and happy for now.

Accordion
July 6th, 2006, 18:19
well first off how much more security does 1.5 have than 1.0(which has no security at all)? i mean i know u'll have no corrupted data and no security but is that it?

you dont understand
by security we mean the ability to run unsigned code

1.00 had no precautions to stop unsigned code from running why sony did this i dont know, they asked for it

1.50 had some, but the swap trick and then kxploit bypassed sonys crap effort

jason867
July 6th, 2006, 18:22
I just tried it on my 1.5 and I can confirm that it works 100%, not even any scary moments like in the 2.0-1.5 downgrader.

Just a few questions,

This is my first time using 1.0, it feels pretty funky to me, being used to 1.5 and all. Is it true that 1.0 was never sold in the U.S., but only in Japan? (sold from Sony anyways)

If that's so, then is that why the [x] and [O] buttons are switched in the XMB menus and there is japanese text displayed more often? (such as when using the sony onscreen keyboard, japanese text comes up, and you have to switch to english yourself)

I just wanted someone who knew to confirm this for me.

It's kinda weird launching your homebrew and seeing it start up twice as fast as normal, all those security checks take up a noticable amount of time...lol

LazerTag
July 6th, 2006, 18:40
I just tried it on my 1.5 and I can confirm that it works 100%, not even any scary moments like in the 2.0-1.5 downgrader.

Just a few questions,

This is my first time using 1.0, it feels pretty funky to me, being used to 1.5 and all. Is it true that 1.0 was never sold in the U.S., but only in Japan? (sold from Sony anyways)

If that's so, then is that why the [x] and [O] buttons are switched in the XMB menus and there is japanese text displayed more often? (such as when using the sony onscreen keyboard, japanese text comes up, and you have to switch to english yourself)

It's kinda weird launching your homebrew and seeing it start up twice as fast as normal, all those security checks take up a noticable amount of time...lol

Finally some interesting information. I am unfamiliar with 1.0 completely as I didn't arrive until the MPH 2.0 to 1.5 downdater.

Anything else to note? Any programs, minus UMD loaders and such, that appear not to work?

I'd be much interested in hearing more about this as I am tempted to go 1.0 if it offers improvements in speed or even slight amounts of getting back wasted memstick space.

I have found that naming all program folders (so far, and I have a bunch) using the __SCE__ %__SCE__ method works great for getting around all the corrupted icons. So going to 1.0 simply for that doesn't matter any to me. Speaking of this however, has anyone found a program that will not work with this folder naming method, just curious.

Excellent work on the downdater. Props to those authors involved. PSP homebrew/emulation is very fun scene indeed.

Psphreak
July 6th, 2006, 18:47

Just a few questions,

Yes, the 1.0 was only released in Japan. I've read a couple times that the x and o buttons are switched because the Japanese feel that the x stands for something "bad" :P. Not sure if anybody's else heard of this.

acn010
July 6th, 2006, 19:01
oh,thats cool, hope it comes fast :)

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 19:03
yeah i herd about the x button but is for comfort in the way they play. Besides there was a program that switched the buttons to the normal way we are used to.

jason867
July 6th, 2006, 19:17
I just upgraded back to 1.5 using a U.S. 1.5 update firmware.

Everything appears to be the way it should, except for one thing, the [X] [O] buttons didn't switch back to normal.

Before I did anything, [X] would select and [O] would go back

But after downgrading to 1.0, and upgrading back to 1.5 the buttons are still switched ( [O] selects, [X] goes back )

I know this isn't a big deal, and probably could be changed easily via some flash alteration using flashmod or something, but I'm not sure if anyone has offered that yet.

But it's still enough to bug me, I'm used to it being the other way.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

And by the way, in a lot of japanese anime, dead/unconsious characters often have their eyes X-ed out to indicate so. Not only that but in cartoons, alcoholic beverages also tend to be labeled with "xxx" This might have something to do with the buttons being switched on japanese firmwares. Just a though...

jaydoo
July 6th, 2006, 19:23
I used PSPset to swap buttons on my 1.5. Not sure if its been superseeded by another app.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 6th, 2006, 19:49
So am I reading this correctlyt when downgrade it recerts to japanese as that is the onlly place the FW was released ?.But u can set language to english just the buttons are jap style ??.

Accordion
July 6th, 2006, 20:13
i would prefer to use (o) as confirm

my most played game is metal gear, so im used to it now

Uruz 6
July 6th, 2006, 20:17
In the system things you should have some option that puts everything back to factory condition (I believe such an option is in every firmware, and surely it's in 1.5), try that for the switched buttons thing.
Anyway tell us about speed, you said it was faster? also what did you try it with?

borgamix123
July 6th, 2006, 20:30

Everything appears to be the way it should, except for one thing, the [X] [O] buttons didn't switch back to normal.

But after downgrading to 1.0, and upgrading back to 1.5 the buttons are still switched ( [O] selects, [X] goes back )

I know this isn't a big deal, and probably could be changed easily via some flash alteration using flashmod or something, but I'm not sure if anyone has offered that yet.

And by the way, in a lot of japanese anime, dead/unconsious characters often have their eyes X-ed out to indicate so. Not only that but in cartoons, alcoholic beverages also tend to be labeled with "xxx" This might have something to do with the buttons being switched on japanese firmwares. Just a though...

can u jut tell me something did u used the downdater that is posted in this topic, and where do i put the downdater folder in my psp, cuz it just says to put in my memory stick

publicprivates
July 6th, 2006, 20:57
can you use the firmware backup thingy(forgot whats it called) to upgrade to 2.7 then use the backup 1,0 firmware?

M-Lin
July 6th, 2006, 21:11
Does anyone know how risky upgrading and downgrading muliple times is? It would be cool to just leave FW1.00 and 1.50 on your mem stick and chop and change as and when you like.

publicprivates there is no way to access the code needed from a 2.7 yet, but of course it will happen:D

BrooksyX
July 6th, 2006, 21:13
hey do you guys know if you can swap x and o with x-flash. Oh by the way the downgrader worked flawless! But i think now that i tried it i am gonna go back to 1.5 untill a custum/hacked firmware is released.

Kvonx
July 6th, 2006, 21:31
Great Job coders......but for any1, right now there is no need 2 downgrade with the awesome possibilties of the 1.5 its jus literally 'downgrading'!!! But when coders make the 1.0 the best deal Every1 will rejoice...............but not right now :(

Zion
July 6th, 2006, 21:42
im going to try it soon.
Has anyone succesfully downgraded yet?

And i take it all the files that are needed are from psp-hacks :

downdater100
helper100

if so im going to do it :D

BrooksyX
July 6th, 2006, 21:55
I donwgraded and upgraded back to 1.5 fine.
I got my files off of bittorent, you might want to try that.

eldarvidus
July 6th, 2006, 22:09
can anyone give me the "DOWNDATER"folder ?

Zion
July 6th, 2006, 22:20
it works flawlessly. I have just downgraded to v1.0 :D

F9zDark
July 6th, 2006, 22:31

1.5 has AES encryption methods, which protects Sony's interests by not allowing unsigned(unencrypted) code from running.

However, the folder naming convention SNES, SNES%, along with a special eboot file, somehow circumvents the AES signature check.

1.0 doesn't even have AES present, therefore any code can be executed.

Sometimes I think Sony purposely left AES out of 1.0 so that the Japanese would be allowed to have homebrew all to themselves. (Because it is a really HUGE oversight to have missed putting in a feature so paramount to the PSP; given the fact that Sony doesn't even give out the AES signature to anyone.)

About the downgrader, I suppose it isn't as bad as I once thought. Having the ability to downgrade to 1.0 will see a huge increase in homebrew developed for 1.0, since developers who have 2 PSPs, can no downgrade to 1.0 on one of them and use 1.5 on the other and make sure a program runs flawlessly on both.

F9zDark
July 6th, 2006, 22:35

Did you use US 1.5? I think that might make a difference.

Also, I believe X-Flash can fix it. Or PSPset. Be careful though, writing to flash can brick a PSP, so use at your own risk.

AuroEdge
July 6th, 2006, 23:13
I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but with v1.00 firmware you are able to modify the official firmware however you want pretty much. Also, you can load custom firmware. Now, good custom firmware is a ways off but I see custom firmware as the best step forward now instead of always trying to sidestep Sony. Granted you'll still have to update the firmware whenever Sony releases games that require a new firmware version BUT you won't have to wait another year before some little exploit is discovered.

pkmaximum
July 6th, 2006, 23:45
True to me the downgrader willl just be worth it in general if dev hook (the legal version) works on 1.0 firmware. Has anybody actually tried though using PSP Brew to convert it to a 1.0 eboot then trying to just execute it because I believe that will work just fine. But perhaps not as that should of already been though of way back. Well maybe dark alex or the creators of dev hook will get to work on that, because I'm most interested in dev hook as its one of the best applications on my PSP.

mog
July 7th, 2006, 01:09
True to me the downgrader willl just be worth it in general if dev hook (the legal version) works on 1.0 firmware. Has anybody actually tried though using PSP Brew to convert it to a 1.0 eboot then trying to just execute it because I believe that will work just fine. But perhaps not as that should of already been though of way back. Well maybe dark alex or the creators of dev hook will get to work on that, because I'm most interested in dev hook as its one of the best applications on my PSP.
pk, it doesn't work quite like that... I think it's more to do with needing the prx files from 1.50 fw due to how the loader is coded.

Booster himself had mentioned in one of the Devhook 0.41 releases something to test on a 1.00 PSP.
That test was to use 1.50 prx's instead of 1.00 for the ones that cause problems i think.
If that did fix the problem, then it will also likely fix other loaders like mph's aswell.

I will try that test if I buy a game that won't run without a umd loader.
But i'm sure someone else must have tested that by now...
What's good is that booster will now be able to downdate to 1.00 to try it out himself if he wants.
I'm sure we will see all UMD loaders working on 1.00 in no time at all. :)

Also, for people that keep saying there are many 1.50 homebrews but few 1.00 homebrews...
As far as I've noticed, every homebrew app works on 1.00 except ones that deal with flash emulation (umd loaders) or modifying (x-flash).
These things only don't work because they are written specific to fw 1.50; not because 1.00 is incapable of such things. :p

pkmaximum
July 7th, 2006, 02:03
Yes I had a feeling that converting the 1.5 eboots to a 1.0 eboot would not work because of certain firmware contents from the 1.5 firmware. Its just I did not see anyone actually mention even after converting the eboots it still not working so I figured I would post for someone to try it out for test results. I was almost 100% postivie that it was not going to work anyway but still I figured it would be best to find out. Well I guess we can only hope down the road that this problem will be resolved because dev hook is one of the most important apps for the PSP.

**1_Man_Matrix**
July 7th, 2006, 03:26
I'm looking for a confimation on something...
And seeing as 1.0 and 1.5 can help to toy with clock frequency, I might find it here... hehe

I have Tomb Raider UMD, and I can't play it now I've downgraded to 1.5, Devhook won't run it, etc. But I did get pretty far before I downgraded.

It's a pretty good game, my main complaint is the chuggy FPS, it's the only thing that I can notice that brings any sort of dismay to it.
So I was wondering if I kicked it up to 333mhz, if it would help make things a little bit smoother. I did it to GTA with EC cheat device, but GTA already ran quite well, but I did notice an improvement.
So anyway, Is there a way to run TR:L UMD on 1.00? or 1.50?
Or, is there yet a way to kick up the clock to 333mhz, then run TR:L on 2.6?
I can't think of any off the top of my head...

Thanks chums :)
P.S: Worth downgrading to 1.00? anything exponentially different from 1.50? I got Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Plutonia and TNT running, so I'm happy:D

jason867
July 7th, 2006, 05:35
I got my buttons switched back to normal by accident. I tried resetting the psp to factory settings, but that didn't fix it.

I upgraded from 1.5 (that was a U.S. 1.5 btw) to 2.0 for certain reasons, which didn't fix the buttons either. But then I downgraded back to 1.5 using the older tiff exploit method, and after going through the blue screen where it tells you to reset your psp to factory settings in multiple languages, my buttons were fixed back to normal. And I have experienced flawless operation of my 1.5 psp since.

Lol, my psp firmware has been doing jumping jacks (1.5 -> 1.0 -> 1.5 -> 2.0 -> 1.5) Not counting all of the other times I've messed with the flash...

The homebrew I tried using in 1.0 was just a small graphical thing I programmed myself that I happened to have a single eboot handily available. I stuck it in a GAME/folder and tried running it. After pressing [X] the gameboot.pmf video immediately started playing and the game started immediately afterward. No pausing no nothing...

Also for some reason Twisted Metal: Head-On & Legend of Heroes both played fine. I thought they both required 1.5 to run?...

Anyways I say thanks to the coders who came up with this, your work is deeply appreciated, although for now I'm staying 1.5.

PSPegasus
July 7th, 2006, 08:07
This sounds very, very interesting. But at the moment I can't see any real benefit to downgrading to 1.0 from 1.5. Most homebrew is written for 1.5 anyway, so 1.0 is kind of a fun thing to do, but not really useful as yet. So I'm sticking with 1.5 for now. When people start releasing really awesome stuff that's 1.0 specific (eg. custom firmware), then I'll think about it.
Are there any drawbacks to the 1.0 firmware? Like is it incapable of reading files or memory sticks over a certain size?

Tetris999
July 7th, 2006, 08:16
look here dudes this is also a BIG thing for iso people remember that........

borgamix123
July 7th, 2006, 08:48
sei psp tool...

AND PSPBrew

no idiot those convert so that they be in the 1.00 format but some things dont load even in 1.00 format udnerstood?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 7th, 2006, 09:22
no idiot those convert so that they be in the 1.00 format but some things dont load even in 1.00 format udnerstood?

Couldnt have put it better myself.........

Uruz 6
July 7th, 2006, 10:27
hey hey take it easy; anyway this' getting interesting.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 7th, 2006, 10:49
Im betting a custom FW will apear early next week the race is on place your bets now please....

Uruz 6
July 7th, 2006, 11:11
But will these "custom firmwares" look like sony's or will they be something completely new like the shells that are available now?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 7th, 2006, 11:25
But will these "custom firmwares" look like sony's or will they be something completely new like the shells that are available now?
Dunno m8 if I could predict that I could pick out the winning loto numbers but I tell ya this its gonna rock.BIG TIME !!!!:eek:

borgamix123
July 7th, 2006, 11:33
maybe if some1 releases a custom firmware, sony will make the game unplayble on those

Uruz 6
July 7th, 2006, 13:02
Some kind of devhook will take care of that ;)

MasterChafed
July 7th, 2006, 13:05
haha, homebrew rulez. $ony will never win.

borgamix123
July 7th, 2006, 13:32
Some kind of devhook will take care of that ;)

by the way a new devhook has been released, its the version 0.42b

mog
July 7th, 2006, 15:30
Why are you mentioning about devhook 0.42b in a thread about fw 1.00.
All versions above Devhook 0.22 have not worked on 1.00 PSPs.
Hopefully that will change soon though. ;)

But here is what booster wrote in Devhook 0.41 (original release version):

FW1.00 was not supported again.
the reboot code for 1.00 was coded but I can't tested it.
Test the following way.

1.repack 1.50 two EBOOT.PBP to 1.00 EBOOT.PBP
devhook and dh_inst

2.install FW1.50 with FW installer.
when installer can't execute on 1.00
Use FW1.50 PSP of your friend.

3.copy "ms0:/dh/150/flash0/kd/loadexec.prx" to "ms0:/dh/kd/loadexec.prx"

4.run devhook sample launcher,

5.choice "FIRMWARE -> "1.50" and "START"

6.check version on XMB.
Is version 1.50?
I haven't got round to trying that yet because I don't have a 1.50 PSP to get prx's from...
It might not solve every problem even if that does work, but it would be a start. :)

Also, if anyone plans to try that out, it would be best to try it with Devhook Sample Launcher 0.41 because that is the only version with that readme in it.

F9zDark
July 7th, 2006, 22:07
Who says we can have custom firmwares? I still think bricking can occur when writing to flash on 1.0.

Writing a custom firmware is not as simple as you all think, unless the person making it is using all of Sony's PRXs and libraries, and then it could not be distributed over the net without infringing on Sony's copyrights.

You can bet all custom firmwares would be shot down in a heartbeat by Sony. Its bad enough we have been one step ahead of them for the past year. Throw in a custom firmware made using Sony's copyrights and that could spell disaster for the entire homebrew scene (cause then Sony has a solid reason for taking legal action).

Writing all of the drivers for the PSP from scratch would take the better part of a year. Not to mention, it would instantly divide the homebrew scene: Sony Firmware Homebrew and Custom Firmware Homebrew.

Getting your favorite emulator to work on a custom made firmware would require extensive recoding, if not an entire overhaul, since the means that the two firmwares would handle things would be different.

pkmusicmaker
July 8th, 2006, 00:30
I don't see why all the homebrew designed for 1.5 would be so hard to design for 1.0. If anything, wouldn't it be easier? I've always thought of 1.5 as just a way to use homebrew until someone figured out a way to downgrade to 1.0. This is perfect.

TerryMathews
July 8th, 2006, 05:01
I guess you didn't read the part where 1.5 has kexts that don't exist in 1.0?

In other words, 1.5 has functions that 1.0 doesn't. Built-in library routines that programmers can (and do) take advantage of.

The fact that 1.5 has full access with a simple buffer overflow on the directory parsing library means that 1.5 is def. the sweet spot for programming vs. using homebrew.

cburke1
July 8th, 2006, 05:42
Hey this is chrisb well as you all know i briked my psp and i really dont have the money to rebuy it. If you would like to donate please do at my paypal account. [email protected]. Im also selling some of my games and stuff to try to rebuy it. I have (PSP GAMES) Tony Hawk's Underground2 remix, Socom US Navy Seals, Dangerous Hunts, Need For Speed Underground Rivals, and also i have a 256Mb real sony card forsale. (DS Games) Sims2, Scooby-Doo Unmasked, ATV Quad Frenzy, Tony Hawk's American Sk8land, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory... They have all the casses and papers hardley used look brandnew... No Scraches... Im going to put them on ebay just want to give u guys a chance first. Thanks ChrisB.

exodus
July 8th, 2006, 06:11
hu

Uruz 6
July 8th, 2006, 15:07
I think we'll soon see homebrew moving on to 1.0 and I also think a custom firmware is a possibility.
I have to agree however on what F9zDark said: not only will sony take legal action on this one but the homebrew scene would surely split..
guess we'll have to stick with the standard 1.0 when things there set up right.

mavsman4457
July 10th, 2006, 04:56
I'm not sure if this has been said or if it would actually work but instead of actually installing custom firmwares couldn't they just be loaded through devhook? This would make it so no split in the homebrew community would occur. I think it would be the perfect homebrew console.

supermandin
July 18th, 2006, 03:48
i just got my psp last week and i was thankful that i will not pay that much for a downgrade when i saw you post but saddly i have a version 2.5 with ta-082 or ic1003 and the downloader said that i cannot downgrade this... can you help me plsssssssssssss

bloodgore187
August 16th, 2006, 03:47
is there any way to downgrade without needing a 1.0?

Video_freak
August 16th, 2006, 06:36
i just got my psp last week and i was thankful that i will not pay that much for a downgrade when i saw you post but saddly i have a version 2.5 with ta-082 or ic1003 and the downloader said that i cannot downgrade this... can you help me plsssssssssssss
You can tell if you have a TA-082 mother board by opening the UMD drive and looking in the top fight corner. If you see writing there, then it's a TA-082. If the writing is in the top left hand corner, then it's ok to downgrade. If you do have a TA-082 motherboard, we cannot help you, for trying to downgrade it will probably result in a brick.

JD/
August 16th, 2006, 09:46
I think I heard something about a modchip that supports the TA-082 motherboard so he could downgrade with that but im not sure if its out yet :(

antoine
August 22nd, 2006, 14:15
good thing but just going nowhere

Yuusou
September 28th, 2006, 05:41
Hey there. New to the boards. I actually found this board looking for a way to get my Japanese PSP back to 1.0. I always regretted updating my firmware.

Before I give this downgrader a try I had a question. Will I still have the inverted X - O buttons that japanese playstations have? I've pretty much have grown to love this configuration and do not wanna go back to the US configuration.

Edit: Sorry about the original post, I won't make the same mistake twice.

Thnx for the help below. VVVVVV

AtariFreek
September 28th, 2006, 05:56
www.psp-hacks.com look around a bit you'll find it ;)
Sorry if im breaking rools, thought id help this N00b

WizNo
October 3rd, 2006, 19:59
I know this is knid of bringing back an old thread, but the system didn't allow me to create a new one.

I have been away from the PSP scene from some time now(I was in on the start and in fact produced some of the first homebrew games, but got bored).

My question: does anyone know if there is going to be a devhook for 1.0 firmware? I've got an original japanes virgin 1.0 psp, and don't want to update. Since more people can get this one now it should be best to use it as a base.

Kramer
October 3rd, 2006, 20:04
I dont think there ever will be a Devhook for 1.0 because hardly anyone is on 1.0

Theres really no benefits off having 1.0 except for faster loading homebrew.

WizNo
October 3rd, 2006, 20:13
Ok, thanks for a quick reply.

I think I'll just have to upgrade my psp to 1.5, or I won't be able to play any games. I've been looking for the 1.5 upgrade, and found some. Is there any issues with using a european upgrader on the japanese machine? I can't find any japanese upgrades...

Does anyone know the reason why devhook only works on 1.5->? Are there any new libraries that provide special functionality or something?

Kramer
October 3rd, 2006, 20:17
Youll be fine with a euro upgrade.

Not sure why it only works on 1.5

mog
October 8th, 2006, 15:38
My question: does anyone know if there is going to be a devhook for 1.0 firmware? I've got an original japanes virgin 1.0 psp, and don't want to update. Since more people can get this one now it should be best to use it as a base.DevHook 0.22 is the one I use. (need it for Lumines (fw1.5)).
It plays quite a few FW 1.5x games. (sadly, it only works with umd backups in .iso format though)

Apparently DevHook 0.30a also works on FW 1.00 but I can't get it working on mine.
Both versions can be found at www.psp-hacks.com (http://www.psp-hacks.com)
under "downloads->loaders"

Hopefully, booster will try getting newer DevHooks to run on FW 1.00 someday, but for now this is all we have. :)

Shrygue
October 13th, 2006, 17:39
There is the DEVHOOK Launcher/VSHEX Mod
Version 1.61 and that has an firmware version 1.00 EBOOT.PBP but when I select a dump to load (like 2.50 or 2.71) amd attempt to start it, the PSP crashes and so it won't work. It's a shame, because I have a version 1.00 PSP (a european 1004 series unit if anyone wants to know) downgraded from 1.50 so I can run unsiged code quickly, rather than via IRshell 2.20

mog
October 14th, 2006, 01:45
There is the DEVHOOK Launcher/VSHEX Mod
Version 1.61 and that has an firmware version 1.00 EBOOT.PBP but when I select a dump to load (like 2.50 or 2.71) amd attempt to start it, the PSP crashes and so it won't work. It's a shame, because I have a version 1.00 PSP (a european 1004 series unit if anyone wants to know) downgraded from 1.50 so I can run unsiged code quickly, rather than via IRshell 2.20
That was pretty confusing to read, but thanks for pointing out about that new "Devhook Launcher/VSHEX Mod" thing...
I didn't know that existed before, but from what I can tell it does not work on fw 1.00, just like nearly every other loader like it. :(
So therefore it isn't really very useful to either of us.

I've always had fw 1.00... HookBoot and DevHook (up to version 0.22) are the only loaders that work as far as I know...
The only other way to sometimes get non-1.00 UMDs to work is using SXT or WAB firmware version number fakers...
I use SXT to get Tony Hawks Underground 2 working as DH 0.22 won't load it.

pt9087
December 30th, 2006, 19:47
Haha

pt9087
December 30th, 2006, 19:47
Haha

Cell07
February 16th, 2007, 22:28
so if we don't have a 1.0 user than were screwed???

Shrygue
February 16th, 2007, 22:37
If you can't find anyone with version 1.00 to obtain their firmware dump for the downgrade then yes you are screwed. Of course, you can use Google to find a full version (the downgrader complete with the 1.00 firmware dump).

xg917
February 16th, 2007, 22:38
does this work for TA-082 now that we can have 1.50??

ExcruciationX
February 16th, 2007, 23:07
does this work for TA-082 now that we can have 1.50??
1.00 is REALLY outdated.

I would recommend updating to 3.10 OE-A, since it's just like 3.11 except you can run homebrew.

xg917
February 16th, 2007, 23:29
yea i kno, i already got it :P lol
but i was jus wonderin if it would work on Ta-082 now anywayz

ansar4life
April 26th, 2008, 00:56
jus ere 4 da dwnload yh blud zoop zoop e7 all da way:):):):):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:: cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

bah
April 26th, 2008, 02:25
WTF?

Just..... wtf...?........???

Schools really do need more funding.