PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO Emulator for PSP 0.1

wraggster
July 6th, 2006, 18:29
http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/img/ngepsp_icon.png

NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html) has released a new Version of his NeoGeo Emulator for the PSP, heres the translated news from his page:

*ver.0.1

It becomes formal edition. In the future there is no frequent renewal the former way. It does not add functionally, bug correction and improvement of speed become future job, probably will be.

The emulation of watchdog was modified. With the game where the SRAM protection of part catches, reset occurs when starting, but because it is normal operation, please do not make the air.

It tried to be able to modify the language setting and machine mode of the system.
Setting item is added to the Game configuration menu.
Furthermore, the fact that it is corresponding is " MVS BIOS " only.
* As for AES BIOS when setting is modified, because it stops accepting input, not yet correspondence.
* Because setting has been modified with BIOS itself, it cannot modify uni-bios.
* Because as for Debug BIOS it is not well understood, not yet correspondence.

It corresponded to the analog input of irrmaze and popbounc.
Respectively, the Key configuration menu has become private ones, the item “of Analog sensitivity " is added. With this item sensitivity of the analog pad can be modified in 3 stages.

irrmaze (The Irritating Maze/ultra electric current the stick) especially it does not set nervously and the [te] usually analog input has become effective.
Also the operation with digital input with the direction button on up and down left and right is possible.

popbounc (Pop 'n Bounce/[gatsuporin]) with standard digital input has become effective. When it makes analog input, operating the dip switch, please start static test mode, modify cookstove Torah in PADDLE.

Sound emulation precision of [saundotesuto] it improved.
From the conversion, it abolished the appointment of sample rate, it reached the point where always it plays back with 44100Hz.

Yet again translation via google is rubbish but a new release is always worth a try.

Download and Give Feedback on Both Versions Via Comments

D0N
July 6th, 2006, 18:32
Woot! Go NJ! This is brilliant work man. Greatly appreciated. Thanks for this.

-LO-LEADER1
July 6th, 2006, 18:41
wuts the diff. between this one and the last one?

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 19:06
Dude read the article its just to post above yours.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
July 6th, 2006, 19:11
keep it up.....go go go......keep it up!!!!!!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 6th, 2006, 19:31
Seems insignificant now with the HUGE news on FW 1.00.But as always great work and thanks...;)

djemotion
July 6th, 2006, 20:30
metal slugx now says "reset by watchdog"now it loads but wont allow coin input ? wtf!?

jaydee73
July 6th, 2006, 20:53
I've rolled back to RC1 - the last two updates have crippled Neo Turf Masters. I assume it's something to do with the raster effect but disabling makes no difference.

samthegreat68
July 6th, 2006, 21:43
so does this run as well as the neo geo CD emulator????

ACID
July 6th, 2006, 21:45
I'm going back to RC2 i think thats the best so far not the raster one. I wonder why in rc2 some uni-bios weren't usable and in this release none are usable why bring them up in the first place then.
Any who keep up the great work NJ.

grit
July 7th, 2006, 00:18
metal slugx now says "reset by watchdog"now it loads but wont allow coin input ? wtf!?

Metal Slug X runs nice here (no sound). Accepts coin input fine.

I've rolled back to RC1 - the last two updates have crippled Neo Turf Masters. I assume it's something to do with the raster effect but disabling makes no difference.

Neo Turf Master runs perfect here.

I'm going back to RC2 i think thats the best so far not the raster one. I wonder why in rc2 some uni-bios weren't usable and in this release none are usable why bring them up in the first place then.
Any who keep up the great work NJ.

The raster effect makes a lot of games much faster, like Pre Historic Island II.

And I'm using uni-bios 2.1 with this release, no problems at all..

Zombo
July 7th, 2006, 03:07
Damn I wish there was a update that makes Metal Slug play with sound.

ACID
July 7th, 2006, 06:29
grit how did you use your uni bios Did you rename them then put them in the actual bios or just kept them the same.
I did this uni-bios.21 and it didnt work im going to try the old way thats probablie it.

ACID
July 7th, 2006, 06:29
Damn I wish there was a update that makes Metal Slug play with sound.
Its called NEO GEO CD:)

mameuser
July 7th, 2006, 06:49
wow, nEOGEO Emulator for PSP 0.1.1を release

http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/files/ngepsp_011.zip

ACID
July 7th, 2006, 06:51
mameuser do you have the translation for this release.

mameuser
July 7th, 2006, 07:28
mameuser do you have the translation for this release.

- 0.1.1 (bugfix) immediately after - starting BIOS not being found. The bug which the BIOS selective picture does not open was corrected. First only when starting the setting file and the SRAM file of beta/RC are deleted. (You forgot that it executes with 0.1)

jaydee73
July 7th, 2006, 09:26
Neo Turf Master runs perfect here.

I've done a fresh install of the emu and the framerate is still awful regardless of the settings I use. Not sure what settings you are using but the frame rate with autoskip often drops to around 5fps when playing the game. RC1 doesn't have this problem.

ACID
July 7th, 2006, 09:33
Thanks for the info mameuser. Great of your part to keep translating for us of this great emu.
Great job NJ

aleborri
July 7th, 2006, 12:09
Yeah send a big hug to NJ from dcemu.co.uk fans here :D

Zombo
July 7th, 2006, 12:28
Its called NEO GEO CD:)
No I mean Metal Slug 3 and X.:p

bnf2x5
July 7th, 2006, 12:45
how do u install bios for this thing? i've tried everything

djnaff
July 8th, 2006, 11:49
Does anyone know what rom set this emu uses
i have tryed random mame ones and thay error

ACID
July 8th, 2006, 12:02
how do u install bios for this thing? i've tried everything
You put the zip bios folder inside the roms folder.

This supports mame 1.06 neogeo games and MVA games.

dhotsauce35
July 12th, 2006, 00:50
i put in metal slug the 12MB version and it doesnt work. i put the neo geo bios and it tries to load but doesnt work.i might be putting the mslug file in the wrong file can u explain what im doing wrong.

dhotsauce35
July 12th, 2006, 00:52
can u also give me an easy emulator to work with that works like a mame. ive been dying to find street fighter games or as long as it has metal slug

majinchuck1
July 12th, 2006, 03:41
really sorry for the noobish post but when i try and load roms it wont read the bios why si that and where do i get the bios